Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:47 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
^Oooh Furia came out with a new album 4 days ago!? Ba Dass.

Yeah, I was unaware of it as well before I checked their page today, I'll listen to it soon! The cover art is more post black than their previous albums.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:24 pm 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to recommendations in the vein of these bands

Not sure if anyone's recommended this yet as I know this band gets thrown around a lot in this thread (and for good reason), but Sacrificium Carmen's demo seems to be pretty spot on to those Cultus tracks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qptmkg21WE

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:30 pm 

So Ancst is a pretty cool band. You should at least give the track "Entropie" a listen. Sort of a mix of a bit of hardcore, melodic black metal, and some of the post/shoegazey stuff. It's tight. https://wooaaargh.bandcamp.com/album/ancst-in-turmoil There's even a Batman quote in the album!

Lowtide85
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 am 

Thanks for the rec Metantoine, I already listened to their 2012 release and I'll be sure to listen their latest soon.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could recommend me some bands with focus on pagan lyrics, I think I've seen some mentioned here in the past but can't remember right now.

Edit: I know it's probably too vague but since I'm new to the music I don't have enough knowledge to ask for a particular sound. Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Lowtide85 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:25 am 

I listened to a track from the new Furia and... eh. The riffs are nice, but the drums were way too slow and rolling. My black metal needs ENERGYYYYYYY

It's that time again. I'm looking for black metal bands with big, raw, fuzzy, reverb-laden guitar tones. Think Burzum, but heavier, louder and more encompassing. Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pko_Dnm6Ok&t=40s

Edward K
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:38 pm 

MutantClannfear:
Blut der Nacht

Vacuus

Edward K
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:23 pm 

Also MutantClannfear:

Caverns

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:46 pm 

Today I bumped into a new Dutch black metal project, called 'Woudloper', which is a direct translation for woodwalker. I'm very impressed:

https://woudloper.bandcamp.com/releases

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:39 pm 

Not to be confused with Loudwhopper.

LORDCOPROMONSTER
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:32 pm 

Please some occult, atmospheric, mystic BM in the vein of Mystifier's GOETIA. Excellent songwriting, originality... looking for underground gems.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 pm 

The "new" Old Forest album is all of those things in spades. Samples of each track here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzaSRHJgeLs

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:20 pm 

I'm looking for some really 'hallucinatory' sounding black metal which is incredibly vague - anything from the technical, frenzied dissonance of Bestia Arcana or the ambient, chopped and screwed feel of Spektr - these are two of my favorite bands and I'm looking for "catchy" dissonance, hallucinatory layers of sounds, avant-grade tendencies. Abigor is close to the sound I'm looking for as well. Thank you.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:33 pm 

Fuck. Yesterday I listened to Melechesh's Sphynx for the first time. It rips. Anything else in this vein? other than Absu..

Necrostalker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 pm 

I´m looking for some really scary/depressive bm (or ambient stuff) like Blasphemy´s Winds of the Black Godz or Diagnose Lebensgefahr´s Obducentens Drom .

CardsOfWar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:36 am 

This might not be the perfect place to ask this, but I think it's really better than any other.

Can somebody tell me which Sigh albums I should start with? Normally I would just listen chronologically, or just listen to whichever ones are considered 'classics' first, but Sigh seem to have had enough divisive stylistic shifts that that may not be the best course of action.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:47 am 

I would say don't start any earlier than around Gallow's Gallery, there's a pretty significant difference between later day Sigh and their early stuff. Their last few albums with the addition of the good Doctor are my favorites.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:11 pm 

That's actually an easy, and mostly consensual, answer. Imaginary Sonicscape. ;)

CardsOfWar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:37 am 

I was going to try Imaginary Soniscape anyway merely because I like the name, so I think I'll just listen to it and go from there.

Edward K
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:48 am 

Necrostalker: Try Torturium from Finland. A while ago, they were recommended to me by someone, and it was some of the most insane sounding shit, that could also fall under scary, and has vocals that are somewhat in the vein of dsbm, without being dsbm.

Also, I'm looking for some really great ambient shit. I want a lot of dark tones, eerie echoing black shrieks, maybe some ritualistic sounding drums...I guess just looking for something that could sound like a dark ritual set to record. I don't have any similar artists, because I'm not too familiar with dark/black ambient, except for some black metal bands that do ambient albums.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:11 pm 

Necrostalker wrote:
I´m looking for some really scary/depressive bm (or ambient stuff) like Blasphemy´s Winds of the Black Godz or Diagnose Lebensgefahr´s Obducentens Drom .

I hope you're not insulted if I say Lurker of Chalice. Hardly an obscure band, but definitely meets your request.

Edward K
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm 

Edward K wrote:
Also, I'm looking for some really great ambient shit. I want a lot of dark tones, eerie echoing black shrieks, maybe some ritualistic sounding drums...I guess just looking for something that could sound like a dark ritual set to record. I don't have any similar artists, because I'm not too familiar with dark/black ambient, except for some black metal bands that do ambient albums.

So after researching, I've found some artists I really enjoy:
Sacrificial Totem
Hexentanz
Funerary Call
Vishudha Kali
Flusso Delirante Persecutorio

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:55 pm 

This vibe. Needed.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:54 pm 

No offence, but that was probably the most boring Nehëmah song I've heard. :P

It reminds me of an amalgamation of Vetter and Christicide, with maybe some Norns thrown in (that slowish blast).

...It's oddly compelling though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvIn32caQ9M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnuOIgr0Yko
Maybe a little bit of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sM5hdP17JM
And a bit of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axoREDkGbk

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:21 am 

I'm not offended. Also, I think it's amazing and hypnotic.

UltraLordExcalibur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:05 am 

More like endless dismal moan and beketh nexehmu please.i also like black funeral and silencer. I just want that super bleak and scary atmosphere.

— Charles Manson, 1988

"You all fucking smell"

— Sigmund Freud

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:56 pm 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
Fuck. Yesterday I listened to Melechesh's Sphynx for the first time. It rips. Anything else in this vein? other than Absu..

I recommend the really excellent new album from Exordium Mors. More of an Absu sound than Melechesh though. This also fits the relatively recent req for technical black metal. And given it's quality can be taken as a general recommendation.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:08 pm 

A few requests:

1. Can anyone point me to some truly aggressive and brutal black metal bands? Like Marduk, Dark Funeral and the like?
2. Can anyone point me to some beautifully melodic/symphonic black metal that's bound to send shivers down my/your spine?
3. Any good raw black metal bands?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:32 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
A few requests:

1. Can anyone point me to some truly aggressive and brutal black metal bands? Like Marduk, Dark Funeral and the like?
2. Can anyone point me to some beautifully melodic/symphonic black metal that's bound to send shivers down my/your spine?

Got the first two taken care of here, not really raw by most standards though. Great riffs, sometimes bordering on death metal, tasteful use of symphonics, ambitious song length/structure. Limbonic Art is pretty much what you need. Go to the earlier stuff if you are looking for more orchestrations, or the latter if you want abrasive/caustic BM in a quasi-Marduk style but with better riffs.

Example:
Spoiler: show
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:47 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
A few requests:

1. Allegiance is very similar to Marduk in terms of intensity, although it does have a bit of a folk/viking flair and bits of melody here and there. You may like it though. Try the sophomore album, I seem to remember that one was the most violent of the bunch.
2. Sirius' first album. Kind of like early Emperor meets Limbonic Art meets Stargate aesthetic. Truly awesome!
3. Not really able to help here. If you like stripped down old Darkthrone you may want to try Tsorer though. Like a walking corpse version of Hellhammer.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:54 pm 

You should probably be a bit more specific with the raw black metal request, since there are many kinds. The obvious starting point would be the notorious Les Légions Noires, if for no other reason that they're kind of black metal general knowledge. Vlad Tepes, Belketre, Mütiilation, Torgeist and such.

Maybe check out Finnish bands like Förgjord, Vordr and Venus Star.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:58 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
A few requests:

1. Draconis Infernum, Pact, Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, Lugubre, Besatt (new), Kult Ov Azazel, Massemord (Poland), Ragnarok (new) Setherial (new), Svarttjern, Tsjuder, Grabak, Divine Codex. Sure you already know a bunch of these probably.

2. not in the mood

3. There's a lot of "brutal" bands that also fit into the "raw" category.

Edward K
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:26 pm 

LeMiserable: Tmärrdhë is an awesome raw bm band. Also check out bands from The Hermetic Brotherhood, The Black Plague Circle, and the Black Circle from Portugal. Some raw bm goes too far into the noise category, so you should be a bit more specific about how raw you'd like the sound to be.

Also, I'm still looking for some dark/ritual ambient shit that has obvious black metal elements. Something dark, evil, with echoing vocals, ritualistic drumming etc. Little to no guitar as well. I know it's an odd request, but in my opinion, black metal and ambient music definitely go hand in hand quite often. Flusso Delirante Persecutorio is pretty close to what I'd like. No NS. Thanks!

NecromicoNfidanT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:05 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
A few requests:

1. Mayhem; Gorgoroth; Emperor; Setherial; Thy Primordial; Astaroth; Isvind; Infernal; Enthroned (weird vocals tho); Isegrim; Abigail; Witchbane; Zorn; Throne of Ahaz; Tsjuder; Sargoth;

2. Sorhin; Ishtar; Lunar Aurora; Abigor; A Canorous Quintet; Thy Serpent; AEBA; Virvatulet; Asgaroth; Dark Fortress (Tales from Eternal Dusk); Daemonized; Azure; Necromicon; Blackmoon; Morker; Mystic Circle; Mundanus Imperium (Ode To The Nightsky); Epheles; Atanatos; Raventale; Graveworm; Seth (first 3 records);

3. Horna; Morte Incandescente; Dunkelkgrafen (Schatten der Ewigkeit); Black Circle; Leraje; Inquisition, Thou Shalt Suffer; Behemoth (their early mischiefs); Ødelegger; Zwenz; Orcrist (Fallen); Ewiges Fristen/ Memorial of Desolation(Split Ep); Mgla; Andras (Das Schwert unserer Ahnen + Die Rueckkehr der dunklen Krieger); Nargaroth; Dodheimsgard (Monumental Possession); Grotesque (80s Death Metal tho but raw as hell!); Licht Erlischt; Horn; Hordagaard; Wolfsmond; Belzec; Satanic Warmaster; YGG; Vargsang; Sargeist; Vargnatt; Belmez (with Doom elements); Nattefrost

(4.) Windir; Keep of Kalessin; Perished; Klabautamann; Immortal; Hades; Dantalion; Todtgelichter; North; Northern Frost; Hellsaw; Helrunar; Riger; Cor Scorpii;

Quote:
Also, I'm still looking for some dark/ritual ambient shit that has obvious black metal elements. Something dark, evil, with echoing vocals, ritualistic drumming etc. Little to no guitar as well. I know it's an odd request, but in my opinion, black metal and ambient music definitely go hand in hand quite often. Flusso Delirante Persecutorio is pretty close to what I'd like. No NS. Thanks!

Evol; Forest of Souls; Heidenreich; Nargathrond (Carnal Lust And Wolfen Hunger); Grabesmond; Heinrichreich; Bishop of Hexen; Astaarth; Aras; Wallachia;

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:13 pm 

^ This guy has my approval, that's a massive list, but I don't care. Lots of good bands, some that I have forgot about or never seen anyone else mention, and a few I've never heard. + points for Sorhin and Zorn, I haven't listened to Sorhin in years and now I really want to... I wish they would stop being "on hold" but it has been to long for them to return sounding anything like before I think.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:12 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
A few requests:

The only band that could fit 1 and 3 that hasn't already been mentioned would be Fides Inversa, kinda in the same vein as Funeral Mist (who also might be worth checking out since they're sorta along the lines of some of Marduk's more memorable stuff).
I'm just posting their whole EP in the link since the entire thing is pretty Fvkking good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29XocBPXdKs

Kuwabara1997
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:24 pm 

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the whole Ambient Black & Epic Black Metal scenes. I can appreciate all of Burzum's discography, and more recently fell in love with Evol and Summoning. I am looking for what you guys feel are other essentials to Ambient Black and Epic Black Metal.

I did some searching earlier, and it seemed like a sea of third rate, one album myspace bands on other sites. So I come to you for this knowledge.

Some criteria I'd like to add is that it can't be completely DSBM, so please don't say anything in the vein of Silencer. I also prefer not to listen to any NSBM bands. I don't care what they are as people, but like I don't want to listen to albums based around themes of Nazism or the Holocaust.

Anyway, for Epic Black, the more Tolkien it is the better. I also love keyboards, occassional choirs, sounds of nature. Medieval themed epic black is preferred, but I undertand that's hard to come by. Female clean vocals is also a plus.
Traditional instruments are also welcome.

For Ambient Black, I don't feel I know enough about to make any culturally literate criteria. I do still value the occassional female vocal part. Just give me what you feel are the most popular and essential of the genre. Rephrasing my remark of DSBM earlier; I appreciate DSBM, but I'm looking more for the ambient/atmospheric outlet of black metal. It's okay if it holds a depressive, doomy edge to it, like Xasthur for example, but I don't want any pure DSBM recs.

Thanks in advance

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:28 pm 

Kuwabara1997 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the whole Ambient Black & Epic Black Metal scenes. I can appreciate all of Burzum's discography, and more recently fell in love with Evol and Summoning. I am looking for what you guys feel are other essentials to Ambient Black and Epic Black Metal.

I did some searching earlier, and it seemed like a sea of third rate, one album myspace bands on other sites. So I come to you for this knowledge.

Some criteria I'd like to add is that it can't be completely DSBM, so please don't say anything in the vein of Silencer. I also prefer not to listen to any NSBM bands. I don't care what they are as people, but like I don't want to listen to albums based around themes of Nazism or the Holocaust.

Anyway, for Epic Black, the more Tolkien it is the better. I also love keyboards, occassional choirs, sounds of nature. Medieval themed epic black is preferred, but I undertand that's hard to come by. Female clean vocals is also a plus.
Traditional instruments are also welcome.

For Ambient Black, I don't feel I know enough about to make any culturally literate criteria. I do still value the occassional female vocal part. Just give me what you feel are the most popular and essential of the genre. Rephrasing my remark of DSBM earlier; I appreciate DSBM, but I'm looking more for the ambient/atmospheric outlet of black metal. It's okay if it holds a depressive, doomy edge to it, like Xasthur for example, but I don't want any pure DSBM recs.

Thanks in advance

Blut Aus Nord's first album was the first thing to spring to my mind for ambient black metal. Hell, their Memoria Vetusta albums could be considered "epic" in atmosphere.

Besides that, Evilfeast may fit the bill for ambient black metal. The guy plays a Burzum-like series of guitar passages that's accompanied with a starry sounding keyboard track.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:58 am 

^ You will not go wrong with Evilfeast, one of my favourites in the genre. Without going into to much detail also try Alatyr and Igric though the latters work is almost impossible to find. Coldworld would also fit and give Elderwind a try, they have a warmer feel to them.

As for epic black like that you have mentioned try Caladan Brood, L'Ordre du Temple, Arathon, Emyn Muil, Kinstrife & Blood, Elffor & Appalachian Winter. Sorry for lack of description, did not have much time for detal. Should be enough to get you started.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:10 am 

I'm looking for black metal that radiates the same feeling that Burzum's 'Hvis Lyset Tar Oss' does and especially the 'Det Som Engang Var' track.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:42 am 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
I'm looking for black metal that radiates the same feeling that Burzum's 'Hvis Lyset Tar Oss' does and especially the 'Det Som Engang Var' track.

Ahh such a great song from a fantastic album and Burzum's best imo. That track is probably the pinnacle in the ambient black genre and you prob wont find anything on par but there is some good stuff out there worth checking. As Wilytank mentioned above did you every try Evilfeast especially the lost Horizons album? A grim and frosty record with some beautiful keyboard work. Same kind of atmosphere as HLTO, give it a try to begin with Ardbeg and we can see from there.

Ps if you are looking for a direct clone there is always TOBC's debut....

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 231  Next