Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 406599
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:59 am 

Wilytank wrote:
Not strictly black metal, but some select Triptykon songs have this.

I already knew of Triptykon but you reminded me an amazing song :)

Sorry, I know it's an 'irrelevant' request in black metal thread.
I've spent some time here (in the Recommendation Central), checking such topics as: "Metal with baritone (or just deep) clean vocals" or "Black metal with clean vocals", but without much success. Most of the recommendations mainly focus on: doom / folk metal genre (in baritone-vocals topics); tenor singers (in BM topics). I guess "Metanoia" is quite a unique song.. Well, thanks anyway.

TheHierophant
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:25 pm 

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but can anyone recommend some bands similar to Deathspell Omega? Not necessarily lyrically (though I love their lyrics and themes) I'm just looking for some really technical black metal. I love the slower quieter sections and I love their fast paced, technical, wild song structures. Other bands that incorporate that kind of sound are what I'm looking for. Thanks!

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:42 pm 

Dodecahedron - Kwintessens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1X55Zm ... Np_0MC4ctC

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:55 pm 

^^ Also these and possibly Inferno, they also have a new album, but I haven't listened to them much.
https://possessionproductions.bandcamp.com/album/mal-cia
https://agoniarecords.bandcamp.com/album/de-praestigiis-angelorum
https://convulsing.bandcamp.com/album/errata

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:09 pm 

Have you heard Vi - De Praestigiis Angelorum, or the latest two Plebeian Grandstand albums?

TheHierophant
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:21 pm 

Fuck yeah, this seems like exactly what I was looking for. Heard of Dodecahedron, but haven't given them a listen yet. Added Kwintessens, VI, and the last two Plebian Grandstand albums to my Google Play, can't wait to give them a listen. Thanks guys, always open to more recs too. As for Inferno, is this the band you're referring to? http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Inferno/11670

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:33 pm 

Yeah that's the right Inferno. Haven't listened to the new Dodec or VI EP yet and never heard of Plebian Grandstand, gonna have to check all of these out too. Oh yeah also Obitus https://hypnoticdirgerecords.bandcamp.com/album/slaves-of-the-vast-machine

Amber Gray
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:46 pm 

TheHierophant wrote:
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but can anyone recommend some bands similar to Deathspell Omega? Not necessarily lyrically (though I love their lyrics and themes) I'm just looking for some really technical black metal. I love the slower quieter sections and I love their fast paced, technical, wild song structures. Other bands that incorporate that kind of sound are what I'm looking for. Thanks!

New Forgotten Spell album oughta be similar if not way more unhinged. Hour and a half of completely blistering and chaotic black metal dissonance.

Amazing newer album here. It also throws in a lotta death metal to make a blackened Ulcerate-y sound

Very unorthodox and relatively experimental and chaotic atmospheric black metal. Didgeridoos and cosmic riff shredding and Satan, noise, evil chaos rituals, saxophones, everything you could ever want but have never heard from black metal. This is certainly one of the most unique bands of today's world of metal, unlike anything else before. It might take some time to appreciate.

Well this is fun. A blistering shred feat of hyper experimental black metal like Liturgy when they're not being queers. But this album is free improv? :0
And still they manage to unleash a sharp barrage of sick riffs and raping that is pretty much full speed ahead chaos due to the improv factor

This album is absolutely excellent. A slightly more raw DSO hyper complex style.

Similar but not quite as cool as DSO. Still very solid.

This is sick. Expands DSO's tech style with psychedelic and drone-ish elements.

Jute Gyte has basically years of albums to explore. Not all black metal, a fair amount of noise/weird electronic stuff, but when it is BM it's super gnar. Those noise/electro elements are mixed in between indeterminate microtonal guitar playing. Depending on personal preference, your mind may melt from the ever deconstructing guitar, or you might just think he doesn't even know how to play a single riff. This is my top
https://jutegyte.bandcamp.com/album/vast-chains

I'd take this over DSO to be totally honest. More atmospheric and cold, that's the ticket.

Easily one of the best and most original albums to be released in this century. No hyperbole on my end, this is seriously a future classic.

Huge. If not too huge. A triple album loaded with avant-garde metal and dissonance like nothing else

The special thing here is another use of the DSO sound but ultimately more accessible, at least in my opinion. Excellent fast/slow balance.

[New release] Noosefiller - Noosefilller (Technical/Progressive Black Metal)
Q'uq'umatz (Avant-garde/progressive metal/psychedelic/noise rock)

TheHierophant
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:57 pm 

Dude I fucking love you. You're my hero. Heard of a few of these bands- Schammash (these guys especially, what a fucking great album Triangle is), Zhrine, Svartidaudi- but I'm gonna bathe myself in technical, dissonant, black metal greatness for days now. Thank you so much.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am 

Hi,

Here's what I am looking for. Some dark ambient/atmospheric black metal with raw sounding guitars but also if possible some good creative drumming. Bands I like presently are Ruins of Beverast,Dark Space, Midnight Odyssey, Burzum. I like the classics too--Immortal, Emperor, Mayhem.

But what I am looking for is something like Ruins of Beverast and Dark Space.

Also, there is a less well known band called Ygg who are also one of my favorites. Oh, and how could I forget to mention Forgotten Tomb.

Thanks.
Cheers.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:05 am 

Sorcier Des Glaces' "North" album has a mix of blasting ahead ambient bm parts that would fit in with the darkspace crowd, and slower, more traditional bm parts. The drumming is more dynamic than is typical for either style. So if you like Darkspace and Darkthrone and creative drumming, go for it.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:32 am 

Thanks. I got Ritual of the End and it's pretty good. I like the riffs \m/

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:55 pm 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
Hi,

Here's what I am looking for. Some dark ambient/atmospheric black metal with raw sounding guitars but also if possible some good creative drumming.....

Njiqahdda's album "Nji. Njiijn. Njiiijn." is a personal favorite of mine, as far as ambient BM goes. Long hypnotizing songs which might appeal to the Burzum/Darkspace fan in you. The guitars are raw and most notably, the band has some fairly unorthodox drumming for black metal. There are plenty of fills and patterns throughout that are far from usual for the genre.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 am 

ThePoop wrote:
sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
Hi,

Here's what I am looking for. Some dark ambient/atmospheric black metal with raw sounding guitars but also if possible some good creative drumming.....

Njiqahdda's album "Nji. Njiijn. Njiiijn." is a personal favorite of mine, as far as ambient BM goes. Long hypnotizing songs which might appeal to the Burzum/Darkspace fan in you. The guitars are raw and most notably, the band has some fairly unorthodox drumming for black metal. There are plenty of fills and patterns throughout that are far from usual for the genre.

Definitely sounds good.

Steel_Jaw
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 pm 

Can someone recommend me bands like Dodheimsgard their industrial avant-garde stuff. Big fan of everything they made from Satanic Art until now.
PS: It might seem that I'm new to this site, but I already have a profile for 10+ years. Just not a big poster, that's all :p

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 pm 

maybe check out the deathtrip, with aldrahn on vox. more avantgarde than industrial, but try them anyway.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Amber Gray
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:02 pm 

Steel_Jaw wrote:
Can someone recommend me bands like Dodheimsgard their industrial avant-garde stuff. Big fan of everything they made from Satanic Art until now.
PS: It might seem that I'm new to this site, but I already have a profile for 10+ years. Just not a big poster, that's all :p

Abigor have a handful of great albums that generally have a distinct sound of their own, but on the whole a lot of avant-garde industrial madness. It's hard for me to choose a favorite, but you might be into Fractal Possession and Time Is the Sulphur in the Veins of the Saint...

[New release] Noosefiller - Noosefilller (Technical/Progressive Black Metal)
Q'uq'umatz (Avant-garde/progressive metal/psychedelic/noise rock)

devias15
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:43 am 

Hello metalheads. Is there any list of go-to BM bands here? Like a starter set?
If not I'm looking for some easily accessible BM for a noob. I prefer newer releases (no Burzum sound quality).
Obv I don't have any specific taste in BM yet but I came upon Mgła and Odraza yesterday and I quite like them. I also love everything released under Alcest's name. I think Ecailles de Lune has some major black elements?

Cheers

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:39 pm 

I'd say some good, rather accessible albums are:

dissection - first two
arcturus - debut
arkona (POL) - debut
forteresse - themes...
enslaved - vikingligr veldis/frost
judas iscariot - heaven in flames
sorhin - any
cradle of filth - debut

most of these are pretty much on the melodic side of course.

edit: didn't notice you were looking for recent-ish releases. well none of my recs are except for forteresse. check out marduk's latest, frontschwein, cultus - gezeteld in zegeruinen and abyssion's (FIN) full-length
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Last edited by into_the_pit on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:40 pm 

Pretty much as accessible as black metal can get would be Rotting Christ's Non Serviam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrVv5WCzLCg

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Steel_Jaw
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:12 pm 

First of all, thanks to the people who reacted on my question. Gonna check those bands out.
@ devias15: You should check out the later work (industrial avant-garde black) of Dodheimsgard, from Satanic Art until now. Especially their last album, A Umbra Omega, is pure avant-garde awesomeness ;)

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:26 pm 

devias15 wrote:
Hello metalheads. Is there any list of go-to BM bands here? Like a starter set?
If not I'm looking for some easily accessible BM for a noob. I prefer newer releases (no Burzum sound quality).
Obv I don't have any specific taste in BM yet but I came upon Mgła and Odraza yesterday and I quite like them. I also love everything released under Alcest's name. I think Ecailles de Lune has some major black elements?

Cheers

Here's Death Fortress with Deathless March of the Unyielding. Pretty strong album released last year that is one of my top 3 for 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9CZ6ExUHVQ

Just looking through some other albums that I've went through myself recently, Borgne's latest two albums are really strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbzrm8ElJk

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:14 pm 

Steel_Jaw wrote:
First of all, thanks to the people who reacted on my question. Gonna check those bands out.
@ devias15: You should check out the later work (industrial avant-garde black) of Dodheimsgard, from Satanic Art until now. Especially their last album, A Umbra Omega, is pure avant-garde awesomeness ;)

umm I see that you're really into later DHG stuff, but I don't think that e.g. 666 could really be considered "accessible BM for starters". more like, the epitome of atypical and inaccessible BM :scratch:
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:05 am 

Mgła's Exercises in Futility is very accessible, recent black metal. Judging from the people in the front row at their shows, they seem to have gotten quite a few younger fans into black metal.

devias15
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:34 am 

Thanks for all the recs guys. I've skimmed through all of them and I liked what I've heard.

into_the_pit wrote:
I'd say some good, rather accessible albums are:

edit: didn't notice you were looking for recent-ish releases. well none of my recs are except for forteresse. check out marduk's latest, frontschwein, cultus - gezeteld in zegeruinen and abyssion's (FIN) full-length

Yeah, I asked for newer releases but I liked some of those anyways. Dissection is sick.
My problem with old school BM is that reminds me of old school thrash with its riffs (I hope it's not blasphemy). I'm much more charmed with the tremolo guitars which I haven't heard much until discovering BM.

Regarding DHG - yes I think it's a bit too much for me yet :P

Ilwhyan wrote:
Mgła's Exercises in Futility is very accessible, recent black metal. Judging from the people in the front row at their shows, they seem to have gotten quite a few younger fans into black metal.

Yup, that exact album is what got me into BM a few days ago.

I'll gladly take some post-black recs as well. Thanks again guys.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:54 am 

Der Weg Einer Freiheit is very accessible. Their best album is Stellar, which probably less accessible than some other records, but I recommend that anyway. If you think it's too dense, or lacks immediate melodic enjoyability, try the debut album.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:03 am 

Drudkh are often regarded as the "black metal band for who doesn't listen black metal" : if you look for sad tremolo riffs and huge doses of atmosphere you may probably like albums like Blood in our Wells and Microsmos :)

Primordial's Spirit the Earth Aflame is an album who made a good number of my friends interested in black metal: it has tons of sad melodies, a dark folk undercurrent and great vocals, both harsh and clean.. a quick listen to "Gods to the Godless" should tell if it's your thing :)

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 am 

@devias15 A "go-to" list for more recent stuff is a little more difficult than the typical Norwegian Darkthrone, Mayhem, Immortal, Burzum, Gorgoroth list... Still I highly suggest Darkthrone, Immortal and Gorgoroth based on your tastes.

For newer stuff, Finland is really killing it these days, try the last 2 Sargeist and Behexen albums, Azaghal, and Baptism for starters.

Djevel from Norway is making amazing new stuff these days, and Urgehal is one of my all time overlooked favorites as most people know :)

Check out Marduk, Naglfar and Murg from Sweden, assuming you've already heard Marduk though.

Uada (USA) is similar to Mgla I guess, Old Wainds (Russia) and Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult (Germany) are 2 other great bands to check out.

Steel_Jaw
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:39 pm 

into_the_pit wrote:
Steel_Jaw wrote:

umm I see that you're really into later DHG stuff, but I don't think that e.g. 666 could really be considered "accessible BM for starters". more like, the epitome of atypical and inaccessible BM :scratch:

Yeah, seems that I missed the part where he said "accessible" :p Though I think that bands like Deathspell Omega and the more recent Icelandic bands are even less accessible than DHG :)

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:28 pm 

Steel_Jaw wrote:

Yeah, seems that I missed the part where he said "accessible" :p Though I think that bands like Deathspell Omega and the more recent Icelandic bands are even less accessible than DHG :)

Dunno, I reckon stuff like Si Monumentum, and Misþyrming and Naðra are fairly accessible, as long as you're relatively initiated. Zhine's music is desolate and dark, but very precise and clearly produced. I haven't listened to almost any DHG, but I'm under the impression that it's certainly not some of the more immediately likable black metal out there. :D

Some of the Icelandic bands are more inaccessible. I didn't care for Svartidauði or Sinmara until my holiday - and what in retrospect feels almost like a pilgrimage - to Iceland. Experiencing the cruel vastness of the northern wilderness has given a very good framework for understanding the music better. And of course, once you're very preoccupied with a particular style, even something quite crude and rough in that style will sound great, like Mannveira.

devias15
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:57 am 

Oh boy, so many great bands. I lived under a rock lol. I'll take my time listening to them back to back now. Thanks everyone, I'm glad I finally posted here.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:11 pm 

Hi,

Anyone out there can give me some suggestions?

I am looking for a heavy experience in the domain of ATMOSPHERIC black metal. I like Burzum, Ruins of Beverast, Negura Bunget, Blut Aus Nord, Darkspace etc.

In these bands, I like the wall of sound created by the guitar as well as the sometimes off beat drumming or the unexpected drum roll at some points.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:05 pm 

Based on the bands you named, go for Lunar Aurora in case you are not familiar with them already.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:13 am 

Thanks. I'll look them up.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:12 pm 

you should definitely also try beithíoch - aisling dhorcha and anything by evilfeast.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Aristo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:50 pm 

I've been on an underground binge lately - for a while I've been following quite a few modern black metal artists, but I recently starting going 'back in time' and hunting down old, underground bands to broaden my tastes. Of course, I've listened to the 1st & 2nd-wave classics, but my search has taken me to otherwise overlooked or less accessible acts that might've been around in the periphery.

I've given LLN a good look, collected some Vlad Tepes and Mutiilation tapes and given other artists in that circle some attention. I consider myself a fan, although a few demos in Vlad Tepe's discography are incredibly low-hi and noisy, and a little tough to digest as a result. It's probably no surprise that 'March to the Black Holocaust' is one of my favorite LLN releases.

One band that I've really been enamored with is Dethroned, after finding their 'In the Sign of the Pentagram' demo from '97. Old-school, raw, but also quite melodic at times. Other than that, I've been scouring blogs that collect older tape rips and material.

So yeah; I'm on the hunt for obscure stuff that could easily be overlooked, but deserve to be listened to (so long as it's not just noise).

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:36 pm 

Aristo wrote:
I've been on an underground binge lately - for a while I've been following quite a few modern black metal artists, but I recently starting going 'back in time' and hunting down old, underground bands to broaden my tastes. Of course, I've listened to the 1st & 2nd-wave classics, but my search has taken me to otherwise overlooked or less accessible acts that might've been around in the periphery.

I've given LLN a good look, collected some Vlad Tepes and Mutiilation tapes and given other artists in that circle some attention. I consider myself a fan, although a few demos in Vlad Tepe's discography are incredibly low-hi and noisy, and a little tough to digest as a result. It's probably no surprise that 'March to the Black Holocaust' is one of my favorite LLN releases.

One band that I've really been enamored with is Dethroned, after finding their 'In the Sign of the Pentagram' demo from '97. Old-school, raw, but also quite melodic at times. Other than that, I've been scouring blogs that collect older tape rips and material.

So yeah; I'm on the hunt for obscure stuff that could easily be overlooked, but deserve to be listened to (so long as it's not just noise).

Moonblood from Germany have a somewhat sizable backlog of demos that have been resurfacing recently in compilations. I haven't fully explored it myself, but most of what I've gone through is pretty solid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AW8BTW3TGQ

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:11 am 

Rule number one for black metal (as well as cars) is don't waste your time with anything French.

Starting off the essentials there is some stuff you could consider more part of the "classics" than "overlooked acts", such as all Ildjarn minus the ambient stuff, every single Profanatica demo and EP prior to the hiatus plus Havohej's debut, Spear of Longinus, Von, Reverend Kriss Hades (!!!), Demoncy - Joined in Darkness, Mock (pre-Kampfar), Akitsa, early Countess, Bestial Summoning/Bhaobhan Sidhe, Xibalba (the Mexican one, obviously). Just examples I can spontanously think of right now before even my morning coffee.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:55 am 

tough one. so much stuff immediately comes to mind that I can't help but feel your request is a bit vague/broad. "older, preferably 90's underground black metal", right? I'll give you some random ad-hoc recs and then focus on german UG BM, since you mentioned dethroned. note that I do not endorse or even appreciate all of these, but these are subjective underground picks.
first, don't listen to ol' grumpy droneriot regarding french BM, some good stuff beyond the LLN bands (while a lot of french BM is indeed crap). try the consilium and related or similar bands if you don't mind NS leanings and/or open NS propaganda: kristallnacht/funeral, seigneur voland, blessed in sin, sombre chemin etc. chemin de haine. necropole is a great newer band in this style. and don't forget blakulla (younger band). a GREAT old french band is osculum infame (and blutorden), a must-listen. diapsiquir if you like your BM weird (check out crasse!!!). antaeus.

looking at scandinavian essentials: warloghe (!!!!!), darkwoods my betrothed, horna, beherit, (early) impaled nazarene from finland, clandestine blaze and vordr for newer stuff. try nidhoggr too. helwetti, vornat etc.
norway has had, apart from the big players, demonic, 1st dodheimsgard album, mock/kampfar, kvist, strid, incarnator, old hades, aura noir, windir, gehenna, forgotten woods, urgehal, obtained enslavement, zyklon-b, aeternus, manes. maybe fleurety. and SORT FUCKING VOKTER!
sweden has arckanum (!), malign, funeral mist, the black, sorhin, throne of ahaz, dawn, thy primordial, setherial, diabolicum, nastrond, octinomos/parnassus, nifelheim, thornium, hellfire, and tons more. also short-lived bands like vargavinter (!) or midvinter. abruptum for "something different".

obligatory poland mention (with another NS caveat): beside behemoth and graveland, they had a vital scene e.g. with the temple of the fullmoon and related bands like fullmoon (!!) et al. selbstmord, ohtar, dark fury, infernum, thor's hammer, veles, mysteries, kataxu, thunderbolt need to mentioned as well. immorten were rather unknown, but quite good nonetheless. and, most importantly the mighty ARKONA (!!!!). excellent band, especially the demos and early albums. can't get more essential than that in polish BM.

on to german BM. moonblood has been mentioned. big, quite strong discography, but you should stick to the albums and some EP's first. since you mentioned dethroned: one of my fave bands ever is grausamkeit. mandatory band. check out the other old related saarland black metal bands (dethroned, old pagan, pagan winter, corneus, birkabein etc.). obligatory early absurd mention, I just LOVE TPM and FL. first nagelfar demo is excellent, not too much into the later albums personally. lots of other bands around nagelfar/wod van. very (!) early secrets of the moon were good too. lunar aurora, nordlys. mayhemic truth/morrigan listened to lots of bathory obviously. martyrium and ungod were/are very old bands. deathgate arkanum and the older ruhrpott NSBM bands coven of the worm and krieg (still around). then you have the more RAC-leaning "horror black metal" bands like priestermord or dämonenblut, kinda inspired by der fluch.
some last random older german UG BM bands off the top of my head: silexater (!), armageddon (!!!!!) hati, irmingot, grabschänder, IAD, ancient wargod, pagan (!), gernoth, celticmoon and the grinding blacksters naked whipper. ewiges reich, darkened nocturn slaughtercult and frostkrieg (?) are still around today. as are bilskirnir and aaskereia (with quite some pagan in their BM). the bilskirnir guy also has an ildjarn worship project called odelegger.

you know, this post has gotten a lot longer than expected, but wth?! I'll finally throw in the two only really essential USBM recommendations with judas iscariot and grand belial's key and had better stop the recs overload here anyway. I hope this a broad enough gateway into the pits of hell heh.

p.s.: FUCK nargaroth!
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:10 pm 

A lot of italian BM has been (rightfully) forgotten, but there are few gems, even if a bit recent..

Spite Extreme Wing for me are a must hear, and not very talked about.
Albums like Vltra, Kosmokrator and the Magnificat demos have a really personal sound, great riffs and an uncommon warm atmosphere for black metal.

Beatrik did two really good albums of Burzum influenced black/doom: if you are looking for sad stuff you are in for a treat

Tenebrae in Perpetuum were really good at making classic black metal: if you look for sheer darkness and cold riffs their albums Onori Funebri Rituali and L'Eterno Maligno
Silenzio are excellent

Locus Mortis are another good band and very forgotten. pretty traditional, but slower and more atmospheric than the standard, with enough twists to keep the attention up and with a good vocalist

Last edited by ~Guest 334273 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 231  Next