Watain - Casus Luciferi
Carpathian Forest - Defending the Throne of Evil
Gorgoroth - Incipit Satan
Shining - Halmstad, Klagopsalmer, The Eerie Cold

Something like all Anaal Nathrakh's well produced stuff would be ok too

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:19 am 

Not really a response to the last post, but I highly recommend The new Horna and Flagellant albums that just came out march 1st, from World Terror Committee. Also a new band called Sarkrista on Misanthropic Art Productions, their album just came out today, fucking awesome stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/Sarkrista?ref=ts&fref=ts

npi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:06 pm 

Hi !

I'm looking for raw, harsh, complex, polyrhythmic black metal with tons of sound layers ... I'm not against some violins too. I loved Paysage d'Hiver's s/t, Weakling's Dead as Dreams and globally Jute Gyte's works, and I'd like to find something way more dense than these three. Does anyone know if such a band/album exists ?

Thanks in advance !

AmberSilkAmbiguity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:28 pm 

npi wrote:
Hi !

I'm looking for raw, harsh, complex, polyrhythmic black metal with tons of sound layers ... I'm not against some violins too. I loved Paysage d'Hiver's s/t, Weakling's Dead as Dreams and globally Jute Gyte's works, and I'd like to find something way more dense than these three. Does anyone know if such a band/album exists ?

Thanks in advance !

Raw and complex at the same time is not the easiest find in BM. I would say that later Lunar Aurora has complex "arrangements" but no so technically advance as they do not aim to do so anyway and hence not the ultimate purpose of their musical delivery. However, if you starve for something deliciously layered, a Progressive BM band from Germany called Hidden in the Fog might be something you're looking for. As far as polyrhytmic goes, look no further than Deathspell Omega if you don't already know them as they are worshiped around here and rightfully so as I am an admirer of them, too. There is another band from Germany, I believe, that have the complexity to them. The unfortunate part is my mind is very blurred as to their name and I am ashamed of it because they concurrently reside in my collection and I can't remember their name. In any case, I hope my suggestion (s) will be to your liking.

EDIT: Also, Melechesh's later works might be to your liking, too. Not incredibly complex but highly interesting and innovative. Strong in all areas of their musical achievements.

-Benedict de Spinoza

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm 

What's up again guys? It's Me again just looking for some recs! I was hoping you guy's could rec me some occult black metal similar to Mortuary Drape both in the unique sound and occult lyrical themes? I appreciate it an thank you in advance.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 pm 

HellishHound wrote:
What's up again guys? It's Me again just looking for some recs! I was hoping you guy's could rec me some occult black metal similar to Mortuary Drape both in the unique sound and occult lyrical themes? I appreciate it an thank you in advance.

Maybe this.

xGeneralSureMan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:19 am 

What about some black metal with some classic rock/metal influence and great guitar solos?

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:43 am 

Well, this request is general enough to go in here and I can't go into a ton of detail because I don't know too much about this black metal subgenre. So, I've been wanting some symphonic black metal, but a lot of bands just seem to go too far on the symphonic end of things and fail to sound like black metal to me, the dense tremolo riffing and stabbing yet claustrophobic atmosphere all but gone. I've listened to carach angren, and while musically impressive, the riffs and overall sound are too thin and airy for me. I love emperor of course, and when you listen to 'I am the black wizards' the guitar riffs are the centerpeice with the keyboards providing a lush nocturnal vibe, mirrorthrone uses symphonic elements to build a titanically thick and lurching sound, chthonic throws their native folk music into melodic black metal, anorexia nervosa pulls of the sound without losing an ounce of ferocity, and obtained enslavement mixes 2nd wave black metal with complex orchestration within compromising either component. So basically, I'm looking for symphonic black metal that still sounds like black metal.

AmberSilkAmbiguity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:31 pm 

xGeneralSureMan wrote:
What about some black metal with some classic rock/metal influence and great guitar solos?

Drudkh - Blood in Our Wells
Drudkh - The Swan Road

Just in terms of solos, though. Refined and extremely well thought out.

-Benedict de Spinoza

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:42 pm 

I've been really enjoying Witchrist's latest. Are there any other bands that mix bestial/war metal with doom?

~Guest 224282
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:03 am 

Trying to get into some more post-black metal. I'd prefer it to be fast paced with very high vocals(think Peste Noire) and no doom or ambient sections, but still atmospheric, if that makes any sense. Think Lantlos' faster songs, or this very nice song.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 pm 

npi wrote:
Hi !

Thanks in advance !

Well it's hard to find stuff that is ALL of that, but I would check out some of Ilwhyan's and my suggestions on the previous page or 2. A lot of those bands fit the raw/harsh and layered or complex category.

I might add Katharsis - World without End and Fourth Reich to the list, pretty thick layered chaotic sound.
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult is another good one that I don't think I've mentioned yet.
Maybe 1349 and Drudkh also, but you've probably heard them already.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:47 pm 

You'll be hard pressed to find polyrhythmic black metal, or at least few bands make it very apparent. I can't think of anything off the bat. 'Layered' immediately made me think of Abigor and The Ruins of Beverast. Perhaps you're looking for bands in the vein of Krallice (judging from the fact that you like Weakling), in which case I can't help you beyond this.

ZEROMETAL
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:54 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:
Well, this request is general enough to go in here and I can't go into a ton of detail because I don't know too much about this black metal subgenre. So, I've been wanting some symphonic black metal, but a lot of bands just seem to go too far on the symphonic end of things and fail to sound like black metal to me, the dense tremolo riffing and stabbing yet claustrophobic atmosphere all but gone. I've listened to carach angren, and while musically impressive, the riffs and overall sound are too thin and airy for me. I love emperor of course, and when you listen to 'I am the black wizards' the guitar riffs are the centerpeice with the keyboards providing a lush nocturnal vibe, mirrorthrone uses symphonic elements to build a titanically thick and lurching sound, chthonic throws their native folk music into melodic black metal, anorexia nervosa pulls of the sound without losing an ounce of ferocity, and obtained enslavement mixes 2nd wave black metal with complex orchestration within compromising either component. So basically, I'm looking for symphonic black metal that still sounds like black metal.

Alghazanth.

Far East metal? Oh yes. Click.

AmberSilkAmbiguity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
You'll be hard pressed to find polyrhythmic black metal, or at least few bands make it very apparent. I can't think of anything off the bat. 'Layered' immediately made me think of Abigor and The Ruins of Beverast. Perhaps you're looking for bands in the vein of Krallice (judging from the fact that you like Weakling), in which case I can't help you beyond this.

All three recommendations are excellent and had totally slipped my mind.

-Benedict de Spinoza

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:21 am 

Garchomp4ever wrote:
Trying to get into some more post-black metal. I'd prefer it to be fast paced with very high vocals(think Peste Noire) and no doom or ambient sections, but still atmospheric, if that makes any sense. Think Lantlos' faster songs, or this very nice song.

Check out Aloeswood - Forsaken Landscapes. They're not on MA, nor do they have a bandcamp page but you can search for them on youtube

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:21 pm 

androdion wrote:
HellishHound wrote:

Maybe this.

Though I appreciate it this if not simply for the giant pair of balls on the cover giving me a good laugh lol, they don't really remind me of Mortuary Drape all too much :/

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:23 am 

HellishHound wrote:

Though I haven't listened to a whole lot of Mortuary Drape I think http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Funerary_Bell/3540275145 may be similar/somewhat of a clone? Funerary Bell did a split with Blood Red Fog, another very good band.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:00 am 

HellishHound wrote:
Though I appreciate it this if not simply for the giant pair of balls on the cover giving me a good laugh lol, they don't really remind me of Mortuary Drape all too much :/

Yeah, that cover is hilarious! They have some of MD's atmosphere and a bit of the "necro" black metal style, at least if you consider early MD.

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:45 am 

ZEROMETAL wrote:
Evangelion2014 wrote:

Alghazanth.

That's pretty much perfect, exactly what I'm looking for. Wait, how have these guys not had more exposure?

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:18 pm 

Hmm yeah, Alghazanth sounds pretty good from the 2 songs I listened to even though I'm not usually into symphonic black metal. I will have to check out more of their stuff.

ZEROMETAL
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:39 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:

That's pretty much perfect, exactly what I'm looking for. Wait, how have these guys not had more exposure?

Ha, I think the symphonic black metal market is slightly overcrowded...too many bands around, difficult to find real gems.

I will use this opportunity as a shameless pimp of a Chinese band named Screaming Savior.

Excuse me if they're slightly too melodic, but do try them out as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqIsYhYZpEA :metal: They fuckin' rule.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:43 pm 

Evangelion2014: Also check out Kvist. It's much like In the Nightside Eclipse, but a little more folk-tinged.

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:01 pm 

androdion wrote:
HellishHound wrote:

Yeah, that cover is hilarious! They have some of MD's atmosphere and a bit of the "necro" black metal style, at least if you consider early MD.

Yeah I can sense alittle of MD's atmosphere in them, but not enough for my liking. Thanks a lot though, I appreciate any recs I get, I'm always down for new Black Metal.

And I already know Funerary Bell, and do like them very much so, so thanks.

Guitarpro77889
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:40 am 

^best sig ever

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:12 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Evangelion2014: Also check out Kvist. It's much like In the Nightside Eclipse, but a little more folk-tinged.
ZEROMETAL wrote:
Evangelion2014 wrote:

Ha, I think the symphonic black metal market is slightly overcrowded...too many bands around, difficult to find real gems.

I will use this opportunity as a shameless pimp of a Chinese band named Screaming Savior.

Excuse me if they're slightly too melodic, but do try them out as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqIsYhYZpEA :metal: They fuckin' rule.

Yeah a maybe a touch less riff based than I'd like but it's definitely something i'd listen to when I want to listen to 'takasago army'.

I know of kvist already, but haven't got around to listening to their album.

Guitarpro77889
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:11 am 

Evangelion2014 wrote:
Well, this request is general enough to go in here and I can't go into a ton of detail because I don't know too much about this black metal subgenre. So, I've been wanting some symphonic black metal, but a lot of bands just seem to go too far on the symphonic end of things and fail to sound like black metal to me, the dense tremolo riffing and stabbing yet claustrophobic atmosphere all but gone. I've listened to carach angren, and while musically impressive, the riffs and overall sound are too thin and airy for me. I love emperor of course, and when you listen to 'I am the black wizards' the guitar riffs are the centerpeice with the keyboards providing a lush nocturnal vibe, mirrorthrone uses symphonic elements to build a titanically thick and lurching sound, chthonic throws their native folk music into melodic black metal, anorexia nervosa pulls of the sound without losing an ounce of ferocity, and obtained enslavement mixes 2nd wave black metal with complex orchestration within compromising either component. So basically, I'm looking for symphonicn Vlack metal that still sounds like black metal.

Dark Forest

Guitarpro77889
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:13 am 

Count Dirt Nap
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:03 pm 

I'm looking for something like "tribal" black metal. Possibly lyrically based on tribes but musically geared towards a tribal sound with tribal drums, maybe howling and generally pretty aggressive

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 pm 

Guitarpro77889 wrote:

Love dark forest. unfortunately I already know of them.

ZEROMETAL
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:17 pm 

Count Dirt Nap wrote:
I'm looking for something like "tribal" black metal. Possibly lyrically based on tribes but musically geared towards a tribal sound with tribal drums, maybe howling and generally pretty aggressive

Can't help you there with the lyrical theme, but check out Voodoo Kungfu for their tribal, folky, all-round weirdness with howls and screams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiGKkA_utKg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CntKZf4i_S8

ZEROMETAL
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:22 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:

Yeah a maybe a touch less riff based than I'd like but it's definitely something i'd listen to when I want to listen to 'takasago army'.

I know of kvist already, but haven't got around to listening to their album.

Aha! Finally found them; Inquinok. Spent a while looking through my music for them because I forgot their name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gxrk22Kt7o

katatonia47
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:15 am 

Count Dirt Nap wrote:

No howling, but you should check out Cobalt if you haven't already, particularly the album 'Gin'. The drums are tribal sounding and I've heard very few bands match their aggression.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:43 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:
Well, this request is general enough to go in here and I can't go into a ton of detail because I don't know too much about this black metal subgenre. So, I've been wanting some symphonic black metal, but a lot of bands just seem to go too far on the symphonic end of things and fail to sound like black metal to me, the dense tremolo riffing and stabbing yet claustrophobic atmosphere all but gone. I've listened to carach angren, and while musically impressive, the riffs and overall sound are too thin and airy for me. I love emperor of course, and when you listen to 'I am the black wizards' the guitar riffs are the centerpeice with the keyboards providing a lush nocturnal vibe, mirrorthrone uses symphonic elements to build a titanically thick and lurching sound, chthonic throws their native folk music into melodic black metal, anorexia nervosa pulls of the sound without losing an ounce of ferocity, and obtained enslavement mixes 2nd wave black metal with complex orchestration within compromising either component. So basically, I'm looking for symphonicn Vlack metal that still sounds like black metal.

What about this?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:53 pm 

Yeah, Sirius' debut is pretty awesome. Also try Odium's The Sad Realm Of The Stars, pretty ballsy and blast-oriented symphonic black.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:32 pm 

You could check out Sear Bliss. I listen to just a handful of black metal bands with symphonic elements and they're one of them. Sear Bliss has symphonic elements but maintain the usual MO of a black metal band. Really worth checking out even if they don't fit your requirement to a T.

Velmu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:49 pm 

With Sirius and Odium, I would also recommend Limbonic Art and Obsidian Gate

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:52 pm 

Tribal black metal: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/La ... rica/83516

Guitarpro77889
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:47 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:

wb these guys

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:45 pm 

anyone listen to the Svn Okklt comp? Thoughts?

http://www.svn-okklt.com/2013/01/svn-ok ... ation.html

I'm really digging Xothist, Witch in Her Tomb, and Nuklearenpest. So much I don't know about here.

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 231  Next