Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
voradorr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:25 pm 

This is also my favorite subgenre of metal. Excellent recommendations so far, I almost had nothing left to mention except...

Imagika, technical power / speed thrash with some very high pitched vocals. Turbo from Poland is also great.
Hibria. Not so much thrash, it's more traditional heavy metal, fast, technical, with some incredible vocals and solos. Check out Defying the Rules, the newer Skull Collectors record wasn't quite as memorable.
Wardance (check out Heaven is for Sale) has a female vocalist and very catchy songs. The riffage isn't that good but man... the vocalist... she's sounds kind of goofy but she hits her notes very well and I haven't found any vocalist who sounds like her.

oh and my last, and BEST recommendation
MAJSTER KAT

If this kind of thrash is up your alley then I daresay you might also like my own power thrash band, Rotten Sky, download our 2010 demo here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/369934260/R ... o_2010.zip

~Guest 199766
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:54 pm 

lawrencek wrote:
@Pass_The_Peace_Pipe
Wow, thanks so much for the recommendation Pass_The_Peace_Pipe! Those two songs definitely have the sound I'm looking for! The vocals will take a bit to get used to, but it's definitely the closest sounding (Instrumental wise) to Toxik that I've heard so far (Which I'm always searching for)! Thanks again! :metal:

Glad to help out. Funny thing is that I discovered these guys just a few days ago, so good timing for this thread.

lawrencek
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:29 pm 

@voradorr
Thanks for all the rec's voradorr! I'll definitely take a look into them and let you know what I think!

@Pass_The_Peace_Pipe
Ahh, well I'd say so as well! It seem like everybody has recommended everything they can though, so I'm pretty sure this might be the end of the thread! At least I've found a lot of good bands out of this though!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2