Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
warzarmz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:54 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3RFVFkkpvA

Most specific this song, Sound the Alarm. I'm looking for bands who utilize both clean/melodic and harsh vocals, and have similar riffing to the kind of riffing found in that song, so it creates that same type of mood or atmosphere.

I apologize if I can't properly explain what i'm looking for, but i'm really eager to find more bands similar to Anacrusis, since they're a quality band.

Eurnonymous on Endgame Album Art: wrote:
maybe all of those inmates are going to be saved by Jesus.

Wladza
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:16 am 

Alright, this is a little bit of a stretch so I want to make that clear first. You have to understand that Anacrusis was a pretty Odd Band and "Sound the Alarm" being from their later period they had evolved into that sound as well.

I have always thought that Dark Tranquility's "Projector" album was very similar to what Anacrusis was doing on the "Screams & Whispers" album.

Furthering the stretch, I would really suggest checking into the Band Coroner as well.

When I got "Screams & Whispers" I was completely blown away, that is just a great album. I think it is their best but I also love "Suffering Hour" and the other two as well just not like the first and fourth albums.

saxty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:56 am 

Heathen- Victims of Deception

May not be exactly what you're looking for, but use of clean vocals and "light" instrumental sections with lots of solos and heavier parts as well might be similar enough.

Wladza wrote:

I have always thought that Dark Tranquility's "Projector" album was very similar to what Anacrusis was doing on the "Screams & Whispers" album.

I second Projector as a great album, but can I ask what you think the similarities are? I'm a massive fan of both albums (DT being my favourite band) but don't see how they are similar.

warzarmz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:26 pm 

Thanks for the rec, i'll be sure to check out that DT album. Gives me a reason to check out more of their material, since i've only listened to their last album Fiction

saxty wrote:
Heathen- Victims of Deception
May not be exactly what you're looking for, but use of clean vocals and "light" instrumental sections with lots of solos and heavier parts as well might be similar enough.

I'm actually already a huge Heathen fan haha, thanks for trying though.

Eurnonymous on Endgame Album Art: wrote:
maybe all of those inmates are going to be saved by Jesus.

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:23 am 

I don't recall there being any of the clean vocals like Anacrusis has, but I think you might find some musical similarities to them on Believer's Sanity Obscure album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDVp-C9mTJk#t=0m37s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-SHTByIilI#t=1m07s

Wladza
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:29 pm 

Wladza wrote:

I second Projector as a great album, but can I ask what you think the similarities are? I'm a massive fan of both albums (DT being my favourite band) but don't see how they are similar.[/quote]

Well I said it was a stretch and it is. I managed to get both albums around the same time which was when Projector first came out. To me they both have similar structures in the songs, both very musical, about the same speed and an emphasis on songwriting. So I suppose it is the guitars and the way they are played on both albums that sort of links them together for me. I wish I had more to tell you about the "Similarities" but that's pretty much the sum of it.

BlackRainbowFT
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:43 am 

Yeah, this is basically 80's goth (=TRUE goth) + metal.

I searched for a long time and I couldn't find anything. If you want this kind of sound you'll have to listen to some regular goth...

Reply to topic