Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Eudaemonium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:22 pm 

Can anyone recommend some recordings with vocals that are similar-styled vocals on the link below? Note that this is the Grindcore/Noisecore band Fear of God from Switzerland, not the one with Dawn Crosby. In this band, Erich Keller does lead vocals while Dave Phillips handles secondary vocals.

http://www.4shared.com/file/147616017/c ... ution.html (NOTE THAT THIS IS STREAMING AUDIO, NOT A DOWNLOAD...because I would guess some would be deterred by the idea of spending the time to download something for a recommendation thread)

For those familar with this song and the vocals, don't go straight to making recommendations! This version is a specific recording where Phillips uses screeches higher than on other recordings of the same song, so listen to it to understand what I mean. Specifically, I’m looking for vocals very similar to the screeching on this particular recording, comparable to a crow or the majority of Black Metal bands. I’m NOT looking for the more guttural vocals of Erich Keller (the other vocalist on the recording, who sounds similar to Napalm Death, Extreme Noise Terror, and Agathocles).

Also, in terms of genres, my preference is for bands who play Grindcore, Death Metal or Thrash Metal (only the aggressive kind, like early Kreator), or any combination thereof. Other genres I’m interested in include Black/Thrash mixtures (not Black Metal alone or mixed with other genres), Speed Metal, Drone or Noise (but more Metal than Noise). The other genres can be by themselves or in any sort of mixture/combination with anything listed within this paragraph. I’m not interested in any other genres.

Please go ahead and recommend anything and everything you’re aware of that meets this description, as I will listen to everything anyway, and then sort through what I like and don’t like. Don't feel restricted to just albums, but demos also. But an additional plus for me would be if you can suggest recordings from 1987-1989 (ESPECIALLY), and not as especially, through 1991.

Reply to topic