Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:21 pm 

Not to be an opportunistic plug-whore, but Gargoyle sound like they'd fit this rather well. Every album tries out different stuff with every track. "Gaia", for example, has power metal tracks, thrash tracks (even a short 58 second intense one), a proggy ballad with asian melodies, a funk track and a latin acoustic song.

Also, Carnival in Coal. Every song is a seperate entity that tries something new, from death metal to industrial metal to weird avant-garde tracks to a sort of death/doom to thrash metal (with a kazoo!).
Hehe, foreskins.

ExNihilos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:20 am 

cremationconfetti wrote:
Saron_Gas wrote:
Mirrorthrone.

It's Avant-Garde Black Metal, but there's a ton of different stuff going on there.

Oh yeah. A lot of symphonic elements going on there.

Indeed, there's also several death metal elements in there as well, from the drumming to the guitar work (on Carriers Of Dust most notably; his growls are also more akin to death than black on that album). Vlad takes a lot of his influence from classical guitarists and pianists, and thus the music tends to be on the more technical side.

Anti_Paradise
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:36 pm 

I suppose you could listen to The Berzerkers self titled, most of it is industrial deathgrind, but Ignorance sounds black metal and Mono Grind is... Grind. Huh.

7IHd
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:41 pm 

ExNihilos wrote:
cremationconfetti wrote:
Saron_Gas wrote:
Mirrorthrone.

It's Avant-Garde Black Metal, but there's a ton of different stuff going on there.

Oh yeah. A lot of symphonic elements going on there.

Indeed, there's also several death metal elements in there as well, from the drumming to the guitar work (on Carriers Of Dust most notably; his growls are also more akin to death than black on that album). Vlad takes a lot of his influence from classical guitarists and pianists, and thus the music tends to be on the more technical side.

Vlad's quite an incredible artist. I was amazed to find out that he composes and performs all the music himself (in the studio). His vocals are among my favorites of Black Metal

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:41 pm 

The Meads of Asphodel's albums, especially Exhuming The Grave Of Yeshua, contains hard rock, electronic, black metal, middle eastern folk (or something), and whoever wants to dissect "Guts For Sale" can do so.

It's a strange album, but one you guys should look into.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2