Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:33 pm 

I'm look for some rehearsal (or rehearsal-like) material from underground bands that love to play really fast. I'm basically looking for raw demos from underground black, thrash, death or grind bands that love to play as fast as humanely possible - but not with a clean production job, preferabely with no mastering at all, like a speedy live rehearsal sold exactly how it is.

Make that underground bands that are currently selling their demos, don't say "Pure Fucking Armageddon" or any decade old releases that are long out of print and already very well known.

I guess stuff in the vein of (very) early Mayhem, Vomit, Desolate One, Fastowl etc. - with raw, straight-to-tape sound.

Karnstein Records
www.karnsteinrecords.com

stonetotem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:09 pm 

Necrobutcher is black/thrash stuff that's so filthy and fast it's burgeoning on noisecore (you should be able to find their "Schizophrenic Christianity" demo on Soulseek or some music blogs). Fear of God is Swiss late 80s grind, extremely low end, filthy, fast and harsh stuff, and none of their stuff has remotely good production. Here's a blog for low production rare demos/rehearsals/bootlegs, etc http://lockjaw-yappy.blogspot.com/

morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:34 pm 

Most black and grind are fast obviously but if you want ultra fast thrash from a 'new' band, do try the song "Wearing Down The Stones" from the Magnetron demo 'Born Witless'.
The rest of the demo is fast as well in an old Dark Angel/Kreator style, but that song goes beyond.

Ex member of Morbert Angel, Napalm Bert, Morbert Saint, Hobbs' Angel of Bert and guest vocals on Morbert Tales and Morbert Visions

stonetotem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:37 pm 

I must have missed that "no decade old or out of print" part of the post. But you should be able to find the stuff I recommended in mp3 format.

Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:38 pm 

stonetotem wrote:
Necrobutcher is black/thrash stuff that's so filthy and fast it's burgeoning on noisecore (you should be able to find their "Schizophrenic Christianity" demo on Soulseek or some music blogs). Fear of God is Swiss late 80s grind, extremely low end, filthy, fast and harsh stuff, and none of their stuff has remotely good production. Here's a blog for low production rare demos/rehearsals/bootlegs, etc http://lockjaw-yappy.blogspot.com/

Thanks, that looks like a great blog, downloading a Necrobutcher rehearsal now. I guess "bordering on noisecore" is what I'm looking for, although still just about riffy enough to be metal.

Karnstein Records
www.karnsteinrecords.com

stonetotem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:43 pm 

PS here's a link to their "Schizophrenic Christianity" demo: http://rapidshare.com/files/31846780/Ne ... o_1989.rar
It's much better than the rehearsal stuff on that blog in my opinion. There's an old trick that works really well for finding stuff on Google, just search "artist album blogspot" (ie, necrobutcher schizophrenic christianity blogspot) and odds are you'll find what you're looking for.

melmoth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:34 am 

check out these crazy spanish www.myspace.com/thenecroblast songs like headless children, thou shalt not feel and stomping boar match pretty well what you're searching for.

Reply to topic