Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:22 pm 

Suffering from 'Look at me I've read a book' syndrome I've recently become interested in Byzantium, and was wondering if there's any metal on it. i already know about Bolt Thrower's 'The IVth Crusade', Turisas' 'The Varangian Way' and Amon Amarth's 'Varyags Of Miklagaard'.

Is there any more?

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

Malacoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:07 pm 

Hircine wrote:
Suffering from 'Look at me I've read a book' syndrome I've recently become interested in Byzantium, and was wondering if there's any metal on it. i already know about Bolt Thrower's 'The IVth Crusade', Turisas' 'The Varangian Way' and Amon Amarth's 'Varyags Of Miklagaard'.

Is there any more?

The band Sarpanitum, technical brutal death, writes about ancient civilizations. I'm not sure exactly which ones, as I haven't listened to them all that much, but I'm sure you can find some songs about Byzantium.

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 am 

Its not metal, more bombastic neo-classical/Martial music, but I really recomend "the winter of constantinople" by H.E.R.R (heil europa! Romanisch Reich!). Brilliant piece of music centered around the fall of Constantinople as a metaphor for the decline of the west. Somewhat crypto-fascist but still brilliant.

Were it up to me, I'd pick apart your nervous system atom by atom and throw each individual particle into a separate black hole so that you may never think stupid shit like that ever again.

Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:33 pm 

Malacoda wrote:
Hircine wrote:

Is there any more?

The band Sarpanitum, technical brutal death, writes about ancient civilizations. I'm not sure exactly which ones, as I haven't listened to them all that much, but I'm sure you can find some songs about Byzantium.

I don't know if they mention Byzantium specifically but they're a very good band.

Karnstein Records
www.karnsteinrecords.com

MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:43 pm 

Sarpanitum is pretty much a ten-times-better Nile.

caspian wrote:
mercyfulsatyr: easily the most humble man on the board.

My reviews.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 pm 

Bal-Sagoth did the song "To Storm the Cyclopean Gates of Byzantium", although it is an instrumental.

Reply to topic