Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Niklas Sanger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 pm 

I'd like to thank Wilytank for recommending Ahab, I just listened to all three of their albums in a row and its amazing, and this is right after discovering Evoken so now funeral doom has gotten a hold of me.

ThrashGangsters
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:28 pm 

thanks to Metal Archives and all users ambitiously adding bands - I found about 90% of music that way

Last edited by Metantoine on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't promote your music here.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:57 pm 

Niklas Sanger wrote:
I'd like to thank Wilytank for recommending Ahab, I just listened to all three of their albums in a row and its amazing, and this is right after discovering Evoken so now funeral doom has gotten a hold of me.

:) From there you can now dive right into Skepticism, Esoteric, Shape of Despair, Colosseum, and Ea.

And this band that I just dropped in the help thread recently.

PorcupineOfDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:11 am 

About nine months late with this one, but thanks Diamhea for the awesome melodeath recs back when I didn't really know what to look for. In particular Fear of Domination and MyGrain were excellent recommendations, although I enjoyed most of the stuff that was recommended. Thanks a lot, man!

diseas3
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:37 pm 

I don't know who posted it, but I would like to thanks whoever recommended CONCEALMENT. I was looking for something with a Gorguts touch and I loved Concealment, seems there's not a lot of people knows about this band and it's a shame ! Very professional math/death metal with groove. I'm always open for Gorguts like bands, but man it seems I listened to all of them... if you think you can surprise me, please do !!

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:42 am 

I thank into_the_pit mightily for posting about Hellfire in the clone bands thread. My quest for a Bathory debut dead ringer is over

Saturnoculto
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:33 pm 

I´m interested in talking about is this, and I hope this topic will let me.

Three things are saving metal for me now:
1 - revival Stoner-Doom-Drone variations. Cant get over Electric Wizards Dopethrone. Bonzilla, Belzebong, Ufommamut, there are a lot of very good stuff, and the last Sunn O))) are great too.

2 - shoegaze/post-punk/post-whaterever wave its also very good. Forget deafheaven and Alcest, there is a lot of good stuff besides the mainstream.

3 - the esoteric/psychodelic/sci-fi influence is also the new thing in metal.
Bands such as Bong, Dark Buddha Rising (Dakmandhal) and Saturnalia Temple (To the Other album) are purely transcedental/meditative metal.
Like the perfect debut Vulturium Memoriae - Nato per ragioni ignote. I have a list of those for yoga classes, no kidding.

3.1 - Cult of Fire, Ascension, Shrine of Insanablis, Death Karma, the "death" thing is also getting better in extreme metal with influences from Hinduism and Occultism. At least makes different lyrics and better artwork than same-old Satan-this Satan-that.

3.2 - Also, there are a few tribal/ritual bands that would make the church-burners from Norway piss in their pannts at night: Enemite - Wuyuan and Nashmeh - Dunzakha.
The world needs more stuff like that.

3.3 - Neofolk should make sex with open-minded-blackmetal and give birth to some real good accoustic-obscure-occultist-symphonic-somthing.
I guess it will also mix with metal someday. Black Metal in 2020 maybe will bring something new about that. Like if the guy from Empyrium decides to make an album with Niklas from Shining.

I´m in love with people from Ison - Cosmic Drone EP. I cant remember an album I listened so many times like this in years.
Every lover of inovative music should check this.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8