Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:30 am
Posts: 910
Location: Hong Kong
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:35 am 
 

Wet Pussy wrote:
Well, no worries. Axel Sikth, being the awesome guy that he is, uploaded some Spazz for me. I'll blog search the rest of the awesomeness in the torrent eventually... eventually...


:P I could get you the rest if you want. Feeling pretty generous recently. Hehe.
_________________
I killed a man 'cause he killed my goat
I put my hands around his throat
He tried to reason with the sky and the clouds
But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound

http://www.last.fm/user/Axel_Sikth

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6904
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:31 pm 
 

Pathological Performances by Necrony has been on my most wanted list for a long time. I've seen it sold a couple of times but it's commanding upwards to $950.00.

Top
 Profile  
Usefulidiot42
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:46 pm
Posts: 125
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:22 am 
 

spectreofdeath wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:
So, I searched for some "powerviolence torrents" and I'm currently downloading a 1GB pack with these bands.

Capitalist Casualties
Charles Bronson
Crom
Crossed Out
Fuck on the Beach
Infest
Lack of Interest
Man is the Bastard
No Comment
Spazz
The Locust

These bands any good? I want to make sure I'm not wasting time downloading this stuff.


all those bands are good except for the Locust. that's fag music.


The Locust's early shit is decent and actually sounds somewhat like powerviolence, as opposed to their last few releases. But yeah, every other band in there is fucking seminal (well I've never been a huge Crom fan but that's just me), have fun with the discovery you're about to make.

Any Hatred Surge fans in here? Their first 7'' grinds my skull in every time.

Top
 Profile  
Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:30 am
Posts: 910
Location: Hong Kong
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:33 am 
 

I've heard their stuff on their split with Insect Warfare, though I never bothered to look into other material. Should I?
_________________
I killed a man 'cause he killed my goat
I put my hands around his throat
He tried to reason with the sky and the clouds
But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound

http://www.last.fm/user/Axel_Sikth

Top
 Profile  
Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 1420
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:52 am 
 

Usefulidiot42 wrote:
Any Hatred Surge fans in here? Their first 7'' grinds my skull in every time.


Yeah, I just checked these guys out, and I'm impressed!

They're everything powerviolence should be: fast, hard hitting, and well... violent, for lack of a better word. :P

The only problem I have is that their s/t EP is ridiculously short, it's only about four or five minutes long! I'm going to look for more stuff by these guys, they're definitely recommended for any and all powerviolence fans.

Top
 Profile  
Usefulidiot42
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:46 pm
Posts: 125
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:21 pm 
 

The split with Insect Warfare rules as well, pretty much everything they've done is worth checking out. Or actually their newest 7'' Isolated Human is not that great, it's in more of a hardcore direction and for some inexplicable reason they decided to tone down the vocals (my favorite part of their other material). I just picked up the split LP with The Endless Blockade though and their side destroys. I don't mind the brevity of their releases, I find with a lot of powerviolence and grind you don't really need more than the length of a 7'' to get the point across.

Speaking of The Endless Blockade, their most recent LP Primitive is easily one of the best PV releases of the last five years... their stuff tends to be kind of hit or miss for me (their side of that aforementioned split with Hatred Surge isn't really that impressive) and live I was kind of underwhelmed by them (Mudlark and Osk, the two Vancouver bands they were on tour with, were both better at the show I saw) but that LP is really well-crafted and I recommend it as well to fans of this kinda shit.

Top
 Profile  
Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:13 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: Pakistan
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:54 am 
 

Well, the torrent started to work magically this morning, and now it's complete. I'm gonna give it a listen now, I hope the stuff in this doesn't dissapoint.
_________________
Previously MegaHassan
Paki thvg music, My Extreme Metal/Punk Label

Top
 Profile  
Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:30 am
Posts: 910
Location: Hong Kong
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:56 am 
 

Wet Pussy wrote:
Well, the torrent started to work magically this morning, and now it's complete. I'm gonna give it a listen now, I hope the stuff in this doesn't dissapoint.


Hehe. Congratulations.
_________________
I killed a man 'cause he killed my goat
I put my hands around his throat
He tried to reason with the sky and the clouds
But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound

http://www.last.fm/user/Axel_Sikth

Top
 Profile  
Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:13 pm
Posts: 4323
Location: Pakistan
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:09 am 
 

Well, Capitalist Casualities' s/t is kicking my ass so far. :headbang:

edit: holy shit 70 songs 1 album :|
_________________
Previously MegaHassan
Paki thvg music, My Extreme Metal/Punk Label

Top
 Profile  
dunkelheit10
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:07 am 
 

im looking for pure chaotic deathgrind bands like circle of dead children. any help on this would be great!

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6904
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:08 am 
 

Try any album by Prostitute Disfigurement.

Top
 Profile  
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am
Posts: 10900
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:09 am 
 

dunkelheit10 wrote:
im looking for pure chaotic deathgrind bands like circle of dead children. any help on this would be great!

Not familiar with Circle Of Dead Children, but might I suggest Antigama, particularly Discomfort.
_________________
My collection
Wilytank wrote:
GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Expedience's girlfriend left him for a cheetah.

She cheetah'd on him.

Top
 Profile  
dunkelheit10
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:16 am 
 

marktheviktor wrote:
Try any album by Prostitute Disfigurement.


the vocals are intense man, thanks! and mikeyc, check out bring her a mushroom cloud part 1. i'll post the link for you.

http://www.myspace.com/circleofdeadchildren1

Top
 Profile  
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am
Posts: 10900
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:25 am 
 

dunkelheit10 wrote:
marktheviktor wrote:
Try any album by Prostitute Disfigurement.


the vocals are intense man, thanks! and mikeyc, check out bring her a mushroom cloud part 1. i'll post the link for you.

http://www.myspace.com/circleofdeadchildren1

Ah, okay then. I have nothing. :P
_________________
My collection
Wilytank wrote:
GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Expedience's girlfriend left him for a cheetah.

She cheetah'd on him.

Top
 Profile  
wigglygore
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:15 am
Posts: 378
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:16 am 
 

dunkelheit10 wrote:
im looking for pure chaotic deathgrind bands like circle of dead children. any help on this would be great!


I am a huge CODC fan, and must say i have searched long and wide for something of the same caliber, but to no avail. 'Starving The Vultures' to 'Human Harvest' is more than enough good material to listen to over and over again.

Even though i think your hopes of finding a CODC worship band that are decent are far gone, the best sort of substitues i guess i found were predominantly in the Guttural Brutal Death genre. None of the bands 'sound' like CODC, but they definitely share a lot of the same ideas behind vocals/riffing/song writing/etc.

Top
 Profile  
morbert
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:36 am
Posts: 741
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:03 am 
 

Gravemarker wrote:
BestialHellKnight wrote:
Yeah, they're more noise rock with grind influence.


I think Melt-Banana does it better though.


I've never really gotten the chance to explore Melt-Banana. I have their split with Discordance Axis, and I enjoyed the Melt-Banana side, maybe not as much as DA's side but I kept them in the back of my mind as a band to one day check out.

Well, I forgot.

But better later than never, right? Anyone want to recommend me 'the essentials' of Melt-Banana?


But let's be honest... Melt Banana do NOT belong in the grind thread.
That would be like calling Candlemass thrash metal...
If a style-description would be put upon them, "Avantgarde-noise" or "sqeaky pop-noise" would fit the bill. Nothing's 'Grind' about them. The pressense of a few 'blast speed' drums alone isn't enough when the guitars are as far from punk as they are from metal and the vocals... ah yes, those superb vocals.... a highlight in Japanese porn hehe

But Melt Banana started very noisily during "Speak Squeak Creak" but
Teeny Shiny, Cell-Scape and Bambi's Dilemma are their 'pop' albums ('pop' meaning 'accessible for style-neanderthals' in this case)
To get a better idea of the overall sound through the years one should best try their album 1998 "Charlie" first to get an impression.
If after hearing that you want it more noisy, go back earlier. else go forward in time....

Top
 Profile  
wigglygore
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:15 am
Posts: 378
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:52 am 
 

13 Hedgehogs. Good place to start as well.

Top
 Profile  
morbert
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:36 am
Posts: 741
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:57 am 
 

wigglygore wrote:
13 Hedgehogs. Good place to start as well.

Divine indeed! My fave EP is on there

Top
 Profile  
Dragunov
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:34 pm
Posts: 2358
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:54 pm 
 

Dragunov wrote:
I was wondering if there is a grindcore band out there that has a bit of an industrial edge? Not industrial in any sort of electronic sense (though minimal use of electronics could be pleasing), but maybe like if Godflesh's Streetcleaner were to merge with, say, Insect Warfare. Even Utopia Banished era Napalm Death would be nice.


Anyone else want to give this a shot?
_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Chugging DURDURDUR is more metal than airy lelelelelelelelleele.

Top
 Profile  
gestapothrash
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:55 am
Posts: 604
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:59 pm 
 

ive reallym gotten into gore/porngrind recently. im into torsofuck, fleshgrinder, amputated genitals, cemetery rapist, lymphatic phlegm and goreanus. can anyone post any sinworm albums?
_________________
"Death has come, the House of God has failed! HA HA HA HAAA!" - Tom Araya

Top
 Profile  
theposega
Poser Slayer Grindman Arselick Level X

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 2871
Location: Moon's Spawn
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:15 pm 
 

Anyone else hear the new Agoraphobic Nosebleed album? It's not bad, a little too crossover-y for me. I'll stick with "Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope".
_________________
Shane Embury's nudes


Last edited by theposega on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
morbert
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:36 am
Posts: 741
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:13 pm 
 

Dragunov wrote:
Dragunov wrote:
I was wondering if there is a grindcore band out there that has a bit of an industrial edge? Not industrial in any sort of electronic sense (though minimal use of electronics could be pleasing), but maybe like if Godflesh's Streetcleaner were to merge with, say, Insect Warfare. Even Utopia Banished era Napalm Death would be nice.


Anyone else want to give this a shot?


O.L.D. - Lo Flux Tube

superb. Might be right up your alley

Top
 Profile  
Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 4585
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:26 pm 
 

theposega wrote:
Anyone else hear the new Agoraphobic Nosebleed album? It's not bad, a little too crossover-y for me. I'll stick with "Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope".


When you say "crossover-y" do you mean in the vein of real crossover, like DRI, Spazztic Blur, all that shit? That would be very encouraging for me. I was thinking about stopping on the way home today and picking this one up but...I have to say the number of tracks scares me. Are there any self indulgent fucking sludgy songs? I don't understand how that has become such a trend among grind bands, as if they have to prove they can play slow also. Fuck that, thats not why I put you on Scott Hull!
_________________
I'm livin' for givin' the Devil his due...

Top
 Profile  
theposega
Poser Slayer Grindman Arselick Level X

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 2871
Location: Moon's Spawn
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 pm 
 

Scott Hull said his biggest inspiration for the album was Corrosion of Conformity. I gave it a quick listen yesterday (I pre-ordered it), so I don't remember a lot of specifics, but I don't remember any sludge songs. The new girl's vocals are amazing though.
_________________
Shane Embury's nudes

Top
 Profile  
Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 4585
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:45 pm 
 

I downloaded it just to skim through a couple tracks. I think I'm going to have to pass on this one. I can get Frozen Corpse, Bestial Machinery, and Altered States used online for a total of less than 30, or go pay 15 for this album that really isn't grabbing me the way his old stuff did. This sounds so fucking...standard.
_________________
I'm livin' for givin' the Devil his due...

Top
 Profile  
theposega
Poser Slayer Grindman Arselick Level X

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 2871
Location: Moon's Spawn
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:50 pm 
 

Jonpo wrote:
I downloaded it just to skim through a couple tracks. I think I'm going to have to pass on this one. I can get Frozen Corpse, Bestial Machinery, and Altered States used online for a total of less than 30, or go pay 15 for this album that really isn't grabbing me the way his old stuff did. This sounds so fucking...standard.


Yeah, it's not as much "fun" as their older stuff.
_________________
Shane Embury's nudes

Top
 Profile  
spectreofdeath
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:38 pm
Posts: 346
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:25 pm 
 

Usefulidiot42 wrote:
spectreofdeath wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:
So, I searched for some "powerviolence torrents" and I'm currently downloading a 1GB pack with these bands.

Capitalist Casualties
Charles Bronson
Crom
Crossed Out
Fuck on the Beach
Infest
Lack of Interest
Man is the Bastard
No Comment
Spazz
The Locust

These bands any good? I want to make sure I'm not wasting time downloading this stuff.


all those bands are good except for the Locust. that's fag music.


The Locust's early shit is decent and actually sounds somewhat like powerviolence, as opposed to their last few releases. But yeah, every other band in there is fucking seminal (well I've never been a huge Crom fan but that's just me), have fun with the discovery you're about to make.

Any Hatred Surge fans in here? Their first 7'' grinds my skull in every time.


I'll never support the Locust, its all pro-gay pro-woman nonsense. Meat Shits/Anal Cunt > pc peace punk grind

Top
 Profile  
HumanWaste5150
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:32 am
Posts: 1986
Location: GTA, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:06 pm 
 

spectreofdeath wrote:
Shits/Anal Cunt > pc peace punk grind


Not even close but the locust do really suck regardless of their views
_________________
http://www.freerice.com/
Last.fm
All brothers fighting against each other
We fought to the last breath
Wonder if we will shake hands
Beyond the gates of death

Top
 Profile  
spectreofdeath
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:38 pm
Posts: 346
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 pm 
 

theposega wrote:
Scott Hull said his biggest inspiration for the album was Corrosion of Conformity. I gave it a quick listen yesterday (I pre-ordered it), so I don't remember a lot of specifics, but I don't remember any sludge songs. The new girl's vocals are amazing though.


Corrosion Of Conformity started as a punk band, you dolt.

Top
 Profile  
Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 4585
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:23 pm 
 

spectreofdeath wrote:
theposega wrote:
Scott Hull said his biggest inspiration for the album was Corrosion of Conformity. I gave it a quick listen yesterday (I pre-ordered it), so I don't remember a lot of specifics, but I don't remember any sludge songs. The new girl's vocals are amazing though.


Corrosion Of Conformity started as a punk band, you dolt.


He mentioned sludge specifically becaue I asked if there were any sludge leanings in the new AnB. I think most of us are aware that the first CoC album is good old crossover.
_________________
I'm livin' for givin' the Devil his due...

Top
 Profile  
Usefulidiot42
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:46 pm
Posts: 125
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:30 pm 
 

spectreofdeath wrote:
I'll never support the Locust, its all pro-gay pro-woman nonsense. Meat Shits/Anal Cunt > pc peace punk grind


What the fuck are you talking about? The Locust are cokehead scenester bitch grind, there's nothing "punk" about them in any way shape or form. Capitalist Casualties and Man is the Bastard (who you stated to be good in the original response this came up in) are waaaaaaaay more PC (the latter especially, even the art for their albums is always plastered with PC/pro-nature/etc slogans) and are actually awesome bands as well. Fuck the Meat Shits.

Oh and Agoraphobic Nosebleed have become a waste of time... Altered States is one of the most insane grind albums ever but pretty much all of their recent barrage of splits have been garbage. It's too bad that they've fallen into being the big Relapse grind band, their output is clearly suffering because of it. I'll listen to the new album but the horrendous title does not give me high hopes.

Top
 Profile  
wigglygore
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:15 am
Posts: 378
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:42 am 
 

Dragunov wrote:
Dragunov wrote:
I was wondering if there is a grindcore band out there that has a bit of an industrial edge? Not industrial in any sort of electronic sense (though minimal use of electronics could be pleasing), but maybe like if Godflesh's Streetcleaner were to merge with, say, Insect Warfare. Even Utopia Banished era Napalm Death would be nice.


Anyone else want to give this a shot?


I'm not too clear on what would make a grindcore band or any other genre band for that matter, have an 'industrial edge' with 'minimal to zero use of electronics', but i'll give it a shot.

These few bands may not be what your after, but you may find something you like that you weren't looking for in the first place. Id firstly reccommend Curse Of The Golden Vampire. It has a strong industrial vibe to it, and the music could be likened to a drum machine producing gabba/speedcore-esque beats playing to punkish and metal influenced grindcore and a lot of noise inbetween. The band contains Justin Broderick as well, so that may peak your interest.

Other than that, Im presuming you already know The Bezerker, if not check out some of their later albums. Also, you many not know of Libido Airbag, who are a jungle/DnB/goregrind styled band. I'd reccomend checking out the tracks off their 'Miss Melanoma' and 'Knee Deep In Her Pussy' releases on youtube, as someone has ripped pretty much all their material and put it up there. And these are probably going way to electronic for what you asking for, but check out Ladyscraper and Drumcorps. They are dj's who do the whole slicing up of metal tracks with DnB/Breakcore/Gabba/Speedcore beats.

Top
 Profile  
TyranTReX
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:54 pm
Posts: 265
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:34 am 
 

Here's a link to a local grindcore band called The Murderous. They're pure insanity at it's best.

http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/The-Murderous

Tell me what you guys think! :D

Top
 Profile  
Dragunov
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:34 pm
Posts: 2358
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:50 am 
 

Thank you, wigglygore. I remember hearing a few Libido Airbag songs a while back, though I don't really remember what they sounded like so I'll definitely revisit them! Curse of the Golden Vampire sounds the closest to what I was looking for though, so I shall venture that way first.
_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Chugging DURDURDUR is more metal than airy lelelelelelelelleele.

Top
 Profile  
theposega
Poser Slayer Grindman Arselick Level X

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 2871
Location: Moon's Spawn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:14 pm 
 

I'm new to Agathocles and the only thing I have of theirs is the "Bomb Brussels" EP. And I was wondering, do they have anything else that sounds like that?
_________________
Shane Embury's nudes

Top
 Profile  
wigglygore
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:15 am
Posts: 378
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:10 am 
 

definitely get Mincer! That is by far my favorite Agathocles release, as its probably one of their albums that is laden with more classic Agathocles grooving/punk/crust influenced riffs than grind. A lot of the tracks can be likened to tracks like A For Arrogance, Cheers Mankind Cheers, Trust? Not Me and Bigheaded Bastards from the Bomb Brussels EP.

Another one of my favorites is Susperiority Overdose, its a good blast of short Agathocles tracks, and a good mix of mincecore grinding and grooving! Thanks for Your Hostility is another really solid album, and was written around the same time as the Bomb Brussels EP. A lot of people like Razor Sharp Daggers, but i wouldnt say thats one of my favorite Agathocles releases.

Mincecore!

Top
 Profile  
morbert
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:36 am
Posts: 741
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:03 am 
 

wigglygore wrote:
definitely get Mincer! That is by far my favorite Agathocles release, as its probably one of their albums that is laden with more classic Agathocles grooving/punk/crust influenced riffs than grind. A lot of the tracks can be likened to tracks like A For Arrogance, Cheers Mankind Cheers, Trust? Not Me and Bigheaded Bastards from the Bomb Brussels EP.



Nah, Mincer is okay, but the production and drums and somewhat lacking..
Try "Razor Sharp Daggers" . Apart from 25 'new' studiotracks the album also had an extra collection of sme of their best EP's.
"Thanks for Your Hostility" had more crust/D-beat songs on it, if you're into that stuff

EDIT: Just check out my reviews on them. I've written quite a few Agathocles reviews so far here on M.A.


Last edited by morbert on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
SerialRapist
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:05 pm
Posts: 92
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:54 am 
 

gestapothrash wrote:
ive reallym gotten into gore/porngrind recently. im into torsofuck, fleshgrinder, amputated genitals, cemetery rapist, lymphatic phlegm and goreanus. can anyone post any sinworm albums?


I'm going to repeat this request because I want to know if anyone has ripped any tracks off Extreme Prejudice (especially Vagina Dentata)
_________________
Support Cemetery Rapist (Y)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =397612526

Countozz wrote:
I do not want 2 a member..

Top
 Profile  
wigglygore
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:15 am
Posts: 378
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:02 pm 
 

morbert wrote:
Nah, Mincer is okay, but the production and drums and somewhat lacking..
Try "Razor Sharp Daggers" . Apart from 25 'new' studiotracks the album also had an extra collection of sme of their best EP's.
"Thanks for Your Hostility" had more crust/D-beat songs on it, if you're into that stuff


While Mincer probably sounds like one of their 'clearer' recordings, it still cranks and is loud as fuck Agathocles. It's clear this album is less grind and more d-beat/crust-ish and some of the riffs they have pulled out are probably some of the most catchy they have written. I really like the songwriting style they have gone with on this release. I like the track lengths on this record, its a good mix of 2-4min and 1-2min blasts.The longer tracks on the album like Maze Of Papers, War Fetisjists Kill, Yuppie Career Freak and Expendable Goods are some of the better (2min+) tracks i think they have written in a while. They don't drag out at all have a lot of variance and flow seemlessly between grind/d-beat/crust sections.

The OP's other option is to buy some of the Discography releases to check out the cycles Agathocles has gone thru in that period of time. But at the end of the day, you either like Agathocles or you dont. It all sounds the same...and thats why i love them!

Top
 Profile  
wigglygore
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:15 am
Posts: 378
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm 
 

morbert wrote:
EDIT: Just check out my reviews on them. I've written quite a few Agathocles reviews so far here on M.A.


Didn't read thru them all, but had to comment on the amount of Agathocles reviews you have done. Nice to see another Agathocles fan on here as they are pretty sparse! Do you know of any Agathocles worship bands? Ive heard the Archagathus split with is blatant Mincecore and there is also Jan's other band Farenheit AGX, which are like power-violence version of AG. Not too much else however.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 88  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group