nekrokvlt
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:31 pm 

^
Awesome stuff thanks very much.

ThanatosUK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:14 am 

Also check out The Kill (and the whole Australian scene for that matter, they're just pumping out awesome grind bands) and Death Toll 80K. Neither are obscure I know but they're both bands I think all grind fans should have in their collection.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:16 pm 

Can anyone point me to some truly classic-styled grindcore bands? I'm talking bands like Wormrot, Gadget and Insect Warfare. I'm really talking about the crazy, 30-40 second blasty kind-of grind bands, they really HAVE to be this kind of grindcore.

Bands I already listened to: Maruta, Napalm Death, Nasum, Pig Destroyer, Phobia, Rotten Sound.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:06 pm 

Try Assück, PLF, Death Toll 80k and The Kill. All bound to hit home.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:51 pm 

listen to Warsore

Ricin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:39 pm 

Im looking for some insane, over the top grind or powerviolence like this
basically something with insane vocals, a mix of thrash and chug riffs, and blast beats

Mike_Combs
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:52 am 

Ricin wrote:
basically something with insane vocals, a mix of thrash and chug riffs, and blast beats

https://mxdxfxlx.bandcamp.com/album/upcoming-splits

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:50 pm 

Ricin wrote:
Im looking for some insane, over the top grind or powerviolence like this

maybe earlier Blood I Bleed... High Octane Thrash release.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:48 pm 

been jamming the latest batch of Deterioration songs lately, total rippaz: http://deterioration.bandcamp.com/

ThanatosUK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:46 pm 

I need more shit like Arsedestroyer

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:15 pm 

ThanatosUK wrote:

look into the classic German noisecore scene (WBI, Tumor, Anal Massaker, etc.), also World's side of their split with Cripple Bastards might be of interest. Then you have the obvious stuff like Warsore and early AxCx.

fuckin' Slayer

ThanatosUK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:46 pm 

Thanks, I actually have a couple of the Warsore CD comps headed my way at the moment and the early Anal Cunt stuff is already on frequent rotation. I'll check out that other shit stat

Edit: Going back through this thread and I'm gonna start combing through tentacleterror's posts too, you dudes knowledge is appreciated!

whilrwindstruggle
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:21 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
Can anyone point me to some truly classic-styled grindcore bands? I'm talking bands like Wormrot, Gadget and Insect Warfare. I'm really talking about the crazy, 30-40 second blasty kind-of grind bands, they really HAVE to be this kind of grindcore.

Bands I already listened to: Maruta, Napalm Death, Nasum, Pig Destroyer, Phobia, Rotten Sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDaaBOtx-cw

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 pm 

whilrwindstruggle wrote:
LeMiserable wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDaaBOtx-cw

324 is ace

Suffering Mind

http://sufferingmind.bandcamp.com/album/self-titled-12

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:15 am 

ThanatosUK wrote:

you might also dig some warscars it's just as relentless

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:51 pm 

I think I might be the only one in this thread that doesn't give a single fuck about Suffering Mind. They're not bad, it's just I have a couple of their releases and that's enough for me. A lot of their stuff sounds pretty similar to these ears.

Anyone checked out the Nashgul/War Master split yet? I mentioned it in that UK grindcore thread in MetDisc, but I think it will fall on the proper ears here. I was shown the Nashgul side via YT, some serious Napalm Death Peel Session vibes coming from their tracks. I need to snag a copy so I can check out the WM side, and if their side is just as strong then it might be one of my favorite releases from 2014.

here's one of the Nashgul tracks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjjzFn4 ... detailpage

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:41 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
I think I might be the only one in this thread that doesn't give a single fuck about Suffering Mind. They're not bad, it's just I have a couple of their releases and that's enough for me. A lot of their stuff sounds pretty similar to these ears.

Haha and here I thought I was the only one who didn't care about SM. My feelings are pretty much exactly the same towards them: not bad but very 'samey' sounding across songs. I get what they're doing, it's just none of it makes me want to come back for more.

Totally forgot about the Nashgul/WM split. Need to check it!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:18 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Dragunov wrote:

Haha and here I thought I was the only one who didn't care about SM. My feelings are pretty much exactly the same towards them: not bad but very 'samey' sounding across songs. I get what they're doing, it's just none of it makes me want to come back for more.

Totally forgot about the Nashgul/WM split. Need to check it!

ya'll noobs. that s/t is the best grind record since (and spiritual successor to) world extermination. And yeah, they're a grind band, 99% of them have very samey discographies or simply breakup after a handful of forgettable splits.

Excited to hear new Nashgul, great performers.

Morton Salt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:17 pm 

^ Nah. Suffering Mind just aren't that good. It is respectable that they put out tons of music but I don't think the music itself really lives up to the hype surrounding it.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:30 am 

Check out my buddies' band Piss Vortex, deranged, dissonant and chaotic grind, their recently released S/T vinyl got some decent buzz in the Copenhagen underground and some mags
http://pissvortex.bandcamp.com/

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:04 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:
ya'll noobs. that s/t is the best grind record since (and spiritual successor to) world extermination. And yeah, they're a grind band, 99% of them have very samey discographies or simply breakup after a handful of forgettable splits.

Clearly our tastes lie in different spots, I feel there have been a handful of grindcore LPs that have come out since World Extermination that have been just as good or better. I don't think that Suffering Mind record is one of them, but it is a decent record I guess. I agree on the 99% thing, which I feel SM is a part of. :p Also, I like World Extermination well enough, but I feel the quality of that album has been exaggerated a bit for a few years now. The Carcass Grinder split and the Endless Execution comp are the ones I listen to the most nowadays. They do get major props for covering Razor!

@andersbang: not really my thing, but the guitar/bass tones remind me of Gorguts "Obscura", which isn't a bad thing in my book.

in other news, Radiation Vomit's demo is heavy duty: http://radiationvomit.bandcamp.com

and I was turned onto this band a few months ago, and have been listening to their stuff on their bandcamp quite a bit ever since. I was told they were to record an LP soon, which I would definitely be excited for: http://changegrind.bandcamp.com

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:54 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
FleshMonolith wrote:

Clearly our tastes lie in different spots, I feel there have been a handful of grindcore LPs that have come out since World Extermination that have been just as good or better. I don't think that Suffering Mind record is one of them, but it is a decent record I guess. I agree on the 99% thing, which I feel SM is a part of. :p Also, I like World Extermination well enough, but I feel the quality of that album has been exaggerated a bit for a few years now. The Carcass Grinder split and the Endless Execution comp are the ones I listen to the most nowadays. They do get major props for covering Razor!

@andersbang: not really my thing, but the guitar/bass tones remind me of Gorguts "Obscura", which isn't a bad thing in my book.

in other news, Radiation Vomit's demo is heavy duty: http://radiationvomit.bandcamp.com

and I was turned onto this band a few months ago, and have been listening to their stuff on their bandcamp quite a bit ever since. I was told they were to record an LP soon, which I would definitely be excited for: http://changegrind.bandcamp.com

NO, YOU'RE WRONG AND STUPID. Kidding, yeah I seem to be at odds with the regulars here as you guys seem to dig straight grind that i find boring most of the time (odd how it's the opposite case with SM). As for Radiation Vomit they need to change their name as there's already Radioactive Vomit who are better.

No grindcore's really caught my ear this year (Water Torture's lp was a big disappointment). Exceptional year for death metal between Sempiternal Dusk, Dead Congregation, Swallowed, Witchrist, and Teitianblood.

Morton Salt wrote:
^ Nah. Suffering Mind just aren't that good. It is respectable that they put out tons of music but I don't think the music itself really lives up to the hype surrounding it.

What hype? here at least I seem to be the only person who likes them. I follow them on fb and don't seem to see them talked about much. They did fall off a bit losing the female vocalist, but whatever.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:17 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:
NO, YOU'RE WRONG AND STUPID. Kidding, yeah I seem to be at odds with the regulars here as you guys seem to dig straight grind that i find boring most of the time (odd how it's the opposite case with SM). As for Radiation Vomit they need to change their name as there's already Radioactive Vomit who are better.

No grindcore's really caught my ear this year (Water Torture's lp was a big disappointment). Exceptional year for death metal between Sempiternal Dusk, Dead Congregation, Swallowed, Witchrist, and Teitianblood.

Radioactive Vomit are cool too! Agreed on the death metal, though haven't heard the Sempiternal Dusk and Witchrist jams. Dead Congregation, Swallowed, and Teitanblood albums are definitely at the top of the year for me.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:32 pm 

andersbang wrote:
Check out my buddies' band Piss Vortex, deranged, dissonant and chaotic grind, their recently released S/T vinyl got some decent buzz in the Copenhagen underground and some mags
http://pissvortex.bandcamp.com/

Dragunov wrote:

Yeah, they love Gorguts (and dissonance in general), I really like what they're doing, though I would like some more growl vocals.

Anyone heard the new Brutal Blues? Didn't know them until a few months ago when I saw a fucking crazy awesome concert in Copenhagen. I prefer them live, but this is still pretty fucked up. http://nervealtar.bandcamp.com/album/brutal-blues

I need to check that Sempiternal Dusk. There's been a lot of good DM records this year though!

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:56 pm 

I actually hadn't heard that Brutal Blues stuff yet. It's solid, I still dig the Parlamentarisk Sodomi stuff more even though it was programmed drums.

Deboned is another new ripper from the Canadian zone. FleshMonolith you need to check these dudes, strong Repulsion vibes!
http://deboned.bandcamp.com/album/split ... kro-drunkz

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:44 pm 

Brutal Blues and Deboned rule, I need to get that Deboned/Nekro Drunkz split.

sawk_puppet
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:55 pm 

So...best grindcore albums/splits/releases from last year anyone?

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:06 pm 

my favorites from 2014 were, in no particular order, and probably forgetting a bunch of stuff:

Wadge "Screaming for Tiki"
Internal Rot "Mental Hygiene"
PLF "Ultimate Whirlwind of Incineration"
Nekro Drunkz "Tyrants of Toilet Music"
Blood Freak "Squalor"
Radiation Vomit "Demo"
Deboned/Nekro Drunkz split
Cretin "Stranger"
Raw Noise Apes "Electroconvulsive Blast Orgy"
Archagathus "Dehumanizer"
Super Fun Happy Slide "Drop Your Pants and Grind"
Violent Gorge/Misanthropic Noise split

If I wasn't slammed at work i'd link them all but you can find em pretty easy online.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:40 pm 

I just went to buy Ultimate Whirlwind of Incineration but it's still a little pricey. I grabbed Devious Persecution and Wholesale Slaughter instead. I've only ever heard Crushing Fury... but it rips so. fucking. hard. I can't even fathom what they're gonna sound like with Fajardo behind the drums.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:17 am 

Devious Persecution was on my list for 2013, you will be pleased. They've only gotten faster and gnarlier since Crushing Fury. Have you heard Dave's other band? Oath of Cruelty? You should check it, more death metal than grind but gnarly riffs abound! http://warfarenoiseproductions.bandcamp ... cimation-2

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:45 pm 

Never have! I'll try to check that out when I'm off work, they block bandcamp for some reason.

I'm definitely excited to get in that PLF record. I didn't realize when I ordered it how short it was. They pack so much punch into such a small runtime. I love the guy's ear for riffs. They're so fucking catchy and savage at the same time.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:29 pm 

P.L.F. amazes me with the sheer amount of new, killer riffs they write for each new release. Dude is a riff machine!

Blood Freak "Squalor"
Radiation Vomit "Demo"
Cretin "Stranger"

Add Gowl "Blurrr" and the two Deterioration tapes that came out to this, and this is pretty much my list too. That Wadge, while more of a hardcore record, rips SO FUCKING HARD. I'd say my biggest surprise was the Raw Noise Apes record since I had never heard them before.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:22 pm 

Fuck, totally forgot about that Gowl record, it should def be on the list! Raw Noise Apes' 2011 demo and split w/ Slaughterday are both well worth checking out too! And both conveniently on youtube!

Deterioration is good but didn't grab me like some of the other stuff. I need to revisit those tapes and see if I feel differently now.

And totally agree on Dave's ability to just constantly churn out monster riffs, it's ridiculous!

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:03 pm 

What's more impressive is that between PLF and Oath of Cruelty, he writes killer riffs that don't necessarily sound interchangeable between bands.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:15 pm 

he is blessed with the gift of killer thrash based monster riffs.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
he is blessed with the gift of killer thrash based monster riffs.

Yup!

vomitoxic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:35 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:

Well if you enjoy those bands, I think you might enjoy CUT TO FIT (guess where they got their name).
They are very influenced by: Napalm Death, Nasum, Pig Destroyer, Rotten Sound and also pay huge respect to Insect Warfare.
Here's their latest record: http://cuttofit.bandcamp.com/album/the-doors-of-deception

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:48 am 

my favorites from 2014 were, in no particular order, and probably forgetting a bunch of stuff:

Blood Freak "Squalor"
Radiation Vomit "Demo"
Cretin "Stranger"

If I wasn't slammed at work i'd link them all but you can find em pretty easy online.

To add to this..

UxDxS - Too Fast for Love
Parfumerie - Transmundane and Unprofessional Delocation of Superfluous Extremities and Rare Tissues
Idylls - Prayer for Terrene
Osk - We Will Never Change
Radiation - Radiation 7"
Vermin Womb - Permanence
Mangle - Mangle 7"
Slavedriver - Marauders of the Wasteland
Hemdale/Doubled Over split
Frail Vessel - s/t
Piss Vortex - s/t

And of course.. Rort, fucking Warpath!

How is no one talking about this? Insanely good mix of death metal tremolos, blasting grind, and hardcore moshiness. Second best grind album last year.

Idolsofchagrin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:21 am 

What other bands sound like Column of Heaven?

I just discovered them and I'm really liking their sound.

I'm also really interested in knowing more about power-violence and fast-core since I am new to those genres.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:46 pm 

Good call GravityLapse, that Rort LP is a stomper. It's Realm of Chaos as played by Weekend Nachos or something, killer stuff. I didn't include it because I don't really see it as a grindcore record, but it's still great.

Idolsofchagrin wrote:
What other bands sound like Column of Heaven?

I just discovered them and I'm really liking their sound.

I'm also really interested in knowing more about power-violence and fast-core since I am new to those genres.

Have you heard The Endless Blockade? They were the band a few of the CoH dudes did before starting CoH. They're a bit different, but have a few similarities.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 102  Next