Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:42 pm 

yea so you might want to change your name before you are forced to.

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:11 am 

New Archagathus been put up for streaming their bandcamp, comes out officially next month, http://archagathus.bandcamp.com/album/dehumanizer

Sounds damn good. Between this, PLF, ACxDC & Internal Rot, seems like grind this year is quality and not quantity.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:04 am 

Archagathus has been sounding more like Violent Gorge as of late, which I'm completely okay with.

GravityLapse wrote:
ACxDC

Did they give you sweet ACxDC chapstick with your record? Or maybe the awesome ACxDC snapback flatbill hat? Or maybe the new ACxDC cookware set?

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:09 am 

Actually I was pre-approved for the AntiChristianXDiscountClub card, which is good towards all future merch purchases, preordering live show tickets (preferredxcustomer front-row guarantee), you get points and shit y'know the whole shebang. I figure it's a good deal as long as I keep it paid off.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:51 am 

GravityLapse wrote:
Actually I was pre-approved for the AntiChristianXDiscountClub card, which is good towards all future merch purchases, preordering live show tickets (preferredxcustomer front-row guarantee), you get points and shit y'know the whole shebang. I figure it's a good deal as long as I keep it paid off.

daaang. my credit's in ruins since i signed up for that cannabis corpse frequent toker's card.

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:57 am 

GravityLapse wrote:

What sucks is I have absolutely no idea if you're being serious or not. :lol:

bensabre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:13 pm 

I love the new acxdc!
I also just listed to coffin birth.And this new band sounds great
http://coffinbirthgrind.bandcamp.com/al ... quefaction

ThanatosUK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:20 am 

I'm looking for noisy/raw grind like Cellgrafts External Habitation, maybe some riffier noisecore would fit?

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:59 pm 

Hmm, give this Worlds EP a shot. It's a lot noisier than that Cellgraft EP, but may scratch that itch.

Not in that style at all, but I've been digging the recent Battalion Slaughtered material too. It's blown-out, raw, Realm of Chaos-ish death/grind with Mech themes, for those unfamiliar. :drool: If you're one who pops an asshole sphincter when it comes to obvious use of an HM-2 pedal, you may want to look elsewhere, though.

ThanatosUK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:16 pm 

Thanks, Worlds was pretty much exactly what I was after. Battalion Slaughtered is great too, heavy as fuck.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:50 pm 

need more Repulsion worship like Cretin. Vocal delivery is a must, same type of momentum; ideally there'd be a break like these.

http://cretin.bandcamp.com/track/daddys-little-girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRW-5Ah_uvc

i've probably asked for this before, but sue me.

Bicro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:15 am 

I really wish Nervous Impulse would have done more than 1 album. Quality stuff, their drummer was a really nice dude over email as well.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:26 am 

FleshMonolith wrote:
need more Repulsion worship like Cretin. Vocal delivery is a must, same type of momentum; ideally there'd be a break like these.

I can't think of anything that sounds like straight Repulsion worship off the top of my head, but Radiation's demo, while more a fast hardcore style, has that blown-out bass sound, barked vocals, and "blast til' the song's over" approach to playing that Repulsion did so well. Maybe something you'd dig.

Kuwabara1997
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:36 pm 

Hello everyone!

I'm very new to the grindcore genre. The only grindcore band I listen to being the popular Anaal Nathrakh. However, I enjoy metal bands when they use dual vocal styles of male and female. Are there any grindcore bands that have clean female vocals with a male singer of stereotypical grindcore vocals? Also, I am a big fan of gothic metal & the symphonic black metal scene, so any keyboard melodies & ambient gothic sounds are also a plus. Thanks in advance

tentacleterror
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:06 pm 

First, hello everyone. Used this site for alot of research, finding new & old bands to check out and local scenes around the world (for all those obscure ones) (Huge thanks for everyone who has contributed to this awesome site over the years)

Kuwabara1997 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm very new to the grindcore genre. The only grindcore band I listen to being the popular Anaal Nathrakh. However, I enjoy metal bands when they use dual vocal styles of male and female. Are there any grindcore bands that have clean female vocals with a male singer of stereotypical grindcore vocals? Also, I am a big fan of gothic metal & the symphonic black metal scene, so any keyboard melodies & ambient gothic sounds are also a plus. Thanks in advance

Not trying to be an ass but you seem to be looking for the wrong thing. Grindcore is raw noisy filthy punk insanity, not melodic with keyboards or anything remotely similar. It sounds like a psychotic screaming cat getting crushed by concrete. (at high speed of course)

But if you wanna check some bands out i recommend these.
Agathocles (Blueprint for grindcore, the only active first-wave grindcore band today. The true kings of Grindcore)
Unholy Grave (Like above + japanese insanity, one of the best)
Nyctophobic (German mincecore brutality, War Criminal Views album is awesome)
Demisor (Grind veterans from Singapore, been around since the 80's)
Warsore (Brutal Aussie grind, did alot of cool splits)
Dahmer (Superb Canadian grind, crazy vocals (not UG crazy, but crazy))
G-anx (Old Swedish crust/grind band (These guys are a bit melodic at times, doing hippie music intros, then raging fast crust grind) (100% metal free))

FleshMonolith wrote:

Haemophagus (Italy)
Righteous Pigs (USA)
Unseen Terror (UK)
Noiseslaughter (Germany)
P.L.F. (USA)
Facada (Brazil)
maybe not 100% Repulsion worship, but the thrashier kind of grind
For vocal delivery... uhm Unholy Grave and Dahmer or some old classics stuff like Impetigo or Prophecy of Doom

ThanatosUK wrote:
I'm looking for noisy/raw grind like Cellgrafts External Habitation, maybe some riffier noisecore would fit?

W.B.I. (Their "Alcoholic Birth" MCD, songs start out as hard rock(?) and ends in super fast (dual snare blasts) noisecore insanity)
CSMD (Japanese sci-fi/godzilla cheese worship from Holland (all out noisecore, gerogerigegegeish))
Arsedestroyer (Swedish grind/noise. Their Teenass Revolt album is superb)
Tumor (German noisecore/grindcore band, some members are also in Yacopsae. Their "Splattered Human Goulash" 10" is highly recommended)
Stench of Corpse (Old noisecore band from Germany i think. Their "Killer Stench From Outer Space" 7" is real fun)

Those are the noisecore ones, for more grinding stuff check out any of the mincecore revival bands, such as Archagathus, Pizza Hi-Five, Misanthrophic Noise, Lt. Dan etc.

Also what are the guidelines for adding grindcore bands? nevermind found what i was looking for in the rules&guidelines

P.S. i know most of these might be hard to find, but drop me an PM and i'll hook you up.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:25 pm 

tentacleterror wrote:
G-anx (Old Swedish crust/grind band (These guys are a bit melodic at times, doing hippie music intros, then raging fast crust grind) (100% metal free))

W.B.I. (Their "Alcoholic Birth" MCD, songs start out as hard rock(?) and ends in super fast (dual snare blasts) noisecore insanity)
CSMD (Japanese sci-fi/godzilla cheese worship from Holland (all out noisecore, gerogerigegegeish))
Arsedestroyer (Swedish grind/noise. Their Teenass Revolt album is superb)
Tumor (German noisecore/grindcore band, some members are also in Yacopsae. Their "Splattered Human Goulash" 10" is highly recommended)
Stench of Corpse (Old noisecore band from Germany i think. Their "Killer Stench From Outer Space" 7" is real fun)

Listen to this guy. :thumbsup:

G-anx is classic shit, and Tumor + Stench of Corpse gets spun here every now and again, excellent noisecore stuff. Don't even have to say anything about Arsedestroyer. The stuff CSMD did for their split with Gorgonized Dorks is also fucking great, but really the only thing I've sat down and listened to by them. Need to change that...

tentacleterror
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:14 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
The stuff CSMD did for their split with Gorgonized Dorks is also fucking great, but really the only thing I've sat down and listened to by them. Need to change that...

If you enjoy the Dorks, their split with Iron Butter is some of the finest "music" one could ask for haha
And if you wanna get into CSMD you really need to check out their EPs "Japanese Sci-Fi Monster Funk" (It is exactly like the title says) and "Cosmic Noise Adventure". Also their 7" split with New York Against the Belzebu (brazilian noisecore veterans).

They also have 2 discography tapes "CSMD Vs. The World #1 & #2" (all their older stuff, demos, splits etc.)

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:38 pm 

I'm familiar with the GD/IB split, for sure. As for the CSMD stuff, I'll get on it! Thanks!

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:35 am 

Since there seems to be some Noisecore seeping into this discussion, it's time for the obligatory mention of ANAL JACKSON. Fucking Canadian masters!

Also, I'm getting pretty sick of hearing about ACxDC... Surely I'm not the only one.

Hell, they're not even a grind band. I guess anything seems great to the kids next to WN's brand of terminally bland bro-violence drivel, though. Not sure why ACxDC have seen this sudden surge in popularity so many years after they'd already established themselves with "HHIC", regardless.

</stuckupbitchpost>

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:38 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:

http://cretin.bandcamp.com/track/daddys-little-girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRW-5Ah_uvc

i've probably asked for this before, but sue me.

http://plagueisland.bandcamp.com/album/ ... ar-anus-12

Anyone else really dig Thousandswilldie/standing on a floor of bodies? Been on a binge with them lately.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:44 am 

tentacleterror wrote:

Haemophagus (Italy)
Righteous Pigs (USA)
Unseen Terror (UK)
Noiseslaughter (Germany)
P.L.F. (USA)
Facada (Brazil)
maybe not 100% Repulsion worship, but the thrashier kind of grind
For vocal delivery... uhm Unholy Grave and Dahmer or some old classics stuff like Impetigo or Prophecy of Doom

Thanks for the recs, but while I like a bunch of those, they're not really hitting that Repulsion sound. I'll have to hunt down more Noiseslaughter though; liked what I could find.

Quote:
http://plagueisland.bandcamp.com/album/ ... ar-anus-12

YES, FUCK YES. This is awesome and these vocals fucking kill and the production's so fucking nasty. Jesus I'm spinkicking everything in sight at work.

the_raytownian wrote:
Since there seems to be some Noisecore seeping into this discussion, it's time for the obligatory mention of ANAL JACKSON. Fucking Canadian masters!

Used to not bother with these bands, but I spun Arsedestroyer for the first time in ages and loved it. Really dig the older bands that could throw a riff in there amidst the noise and knew how to play their instruments (Fear of God, etc).

Quote:
Also, I'm getting pretty sick of hearing about ACxDC... Surely I'm not the only one.

Hell, they're not even a grind band. I guess anything seems great to the kids next to WN's brand of terminally bland bro-violence drivel, though. Not sure why ACxDC have seen this sudden surge in popularity so many years after they'd already established themselves with "HHIC", regardless.

</stuckupbitchpost>

The music's so-so, but they're standup dudes who seem to play a shitton. They're like hometown favorites that somehow have spilled out of their area; I've got no problem with that. And while I don't particularly like them, nor would I care to join their gussied up merch filled fans, they're probably turning lots of kids onto bands like dxyx (who they now share a drummer with). Also, watch what you say about WN; Unforgivable is the king of mosh pv.

My real gripe with acxdc are the vocals actually, really don't fit and are bad.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:38 pm 

Was totally gonna rec that Solar Anus LP but GravityLapse beat me to it. Best Repulsion worship I've heard in a while.

Been jamming the new Acid Feast which rules.
http://acidfeastnw.bandcamp.com/album/s ... oming-soon
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

dayyanum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:15 pm 

Hey all, looking for some really fast, really angry grind with a bit of an evil/horror element. Think Rotten Sound meets Marduk. I don't want yelling punk style vocals, I want it to sound almost inhuman.

Been obsessed with Anaal Nathrakh's Eschaton and In the Constellations (most of their stuff actually), which is darn near perfect for me.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:41 pm 

dayyanum wrote:
Hey all, looking for some really fast, really angry grind with a bit of an evil/horror element. Think Rotten Sound meets Marduk. I don't want yelling punk style vocals, I want it to sound almost inhuman.

Been obsessed with Anaal Nathrakh's Eschaton and In the Constellations (most of their stuff actually), which is darn near perfect for me.

Well as the other guy said, not to be a dick, but Anaal Nathrakh's hardly grind. That said, grindcore with an angry/evil vibe leaves a few possibilities.

Column of Heaven's the first thing that comes to mind. Grind/PV that's noisey and atmospheric. Obsessed with the occult and an overall dark and brooding atmosphere. Personally I like their limited tape release Precipice the most, but Mission from God might be more your style. All based around an English serial killer from the 70's. Check out Holy Things... after if you want more black metally and noisey stuff.

Mission from God
http://survivalistdeathcult.bandcamp.co ... n-from-god

I'd also check out Revenge who aren't grind, but does have that endless blast beat like Marduk and has inhuman vocals.

http://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcam ... ws-in-line

jorge_barbariko
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:09 am 

Hello guys, hey i was wondering if you like old school grindcore like Repulsion, you can check out my band (Grifo). We are about to release our first album probably the next month, and i would like to hear what do you guys think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvJAYWLOEQ

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:03 pm 

Just a heads up, I'm selling an Internal Rot (& Column of Heaven) shirt on ebay, if anyone here would like to grab it.

And just so this post isn't total spam, everyone should check out Radiation from Fl, noisy sort of metalpunk with blastbeats. Fake edit: alright, Dragunov mentioned them. They're cool as shit though, and got new material out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehudKs5ehU

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:24 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:
The music's so-so, but they're standup dudes who seem to play a shitton. They're like hometown favorites that somehow have spilled out of their area; I've got no problem with that. And while I don't particularly like them, nor would I care to join their gussied up merch filled fans, they're probably turning lots of kids onto bands like dxyx (who they now share a drummer with). Also, watch what you say about WN; Unforgivable is the king of mosh pv.

My real gripe with acxdc are the vocals actually, really don't fit and are bad.

I guess I sounded more critical than I meant to. For one thing, I actually like their vocals!

I just don't get the sudden surge in popularity, much less all the flip hat-wearing losers that seems to have come with it... Pretty much a classic case of the fans annoying me more than the actual music. I really have nothing against the band, or even their music. I consider myself a fan, but people need to calm down about them. They've been around for a minute now.

Also, I am a big fan of noisecore, but I suppose I can see why some folks don't like it if it's totally devoid of riffs... Still, IDK many bands that don't include a few!

Also, even though I have probably posted this 10 times, I must again post a video for my favorite band of noise-shit-poop-mock BM-core punks of the last few years:

ARRRRRRGHHH!!! Crazy vocals. <3

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:05 am 

the_raytownian wrote:
Also, even though I have probably posted this 10 times, I must again post a video for my favorite band of noise-shit-poop-mock BM-core punks of the last few years:

I got this on that limited tape that was used for the singer's grandma's answering machine.

Also, I should say; you shouldn't have to like anything. If that's what it sounds like I'm saying someone please tell me to go fuck myself.

Speaking of crazy vocals, I spun this yesterday for the first time in ages and found myself making a mess in the house. This band ruled so hard; also, only band to trick me with a drum machine.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:41 am 

Speaking of Parlamentarisk Sodomi, I'm excited for the new Psudoku/Brutal Blues stuff. Ol' dude has the riffing hand.

alexo666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:15 am 

New Mexico hardcore/sludge/grind Hollow Tongue's new EP

https://crownandthroneltd.bandcamp.com/album/time-death

Last FM

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:25 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:
I got this on that limited tape that was used for the singer's grandma's answering machine.

haha, neat. I don't think I'm familiar with that tape...

also, I'd never tell you to go fuck yourself, babe! @_@

sawk_puppet
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:43 am 

Some good new(ish) grindcore stuff I've been digging lately.

Chulo/Marion Barry split (really good powerviolence split, probably the best stuff MB has done)
http://hygienerecords.bandcamp.com/album/hyg001-chulo-marion-barry-split-7

Victim of Circumstance "V.O.C." EP (super pissed grind/hardcore. features a member of Water Torture, although he just left the band)
http://nervealtar.bandcamp.com/album/victim-of-circumstance

MDFL upcoming split tracks (awesome death/thrash influenced grindcore, great live act as well)
http://mxdxfxlx.bandcamp.com/album/upcoming-splits

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:05 pm 

sawk_puppet wrote:
Some good new(ish) grindcore stuff I've been digging lately.

Chulo/Marion Barry split (really good powerviolence split, probably the best stuff MB has done)
http://hygienerecords.bandcamp.com/album/hyg001-chulo-marion-barry-split-7

Annoyed that Marion Barry are white dudes playing "black power violence." funny, but c'mon.

Also, going back to my repulsion request, shuffle reminded me of Slaughter and while they're not a grind band, they should appeal to those looking for stuff like Repulsion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py9cNRaPkmU

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:56 am 

FleshMonolith wrote:
"black power violence."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sawk_puppet
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:55 am 

So, if you haven't heard the new Gas Chamber LP yet you should definitely get on that. It's a good one. Plus they are one of the craziest, most intense live acts around.

http://ironlungpv.bandcamp.com/album/hemorrhaging-light-lp

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:46 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:

Also, I should say; you shouldn't have to like anything. If that's what it sounds like I'm saying someone please tell me to go fuck myself.

Speaking of crazy vocals, I spun this yesterday for the first time in ages and found myself making a mess in the house. This band ruled so hard; also, only band to trick me with a drum machine.

Holy shit.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:42 pm 

sawk_puppet wrote:
So, if you haven't heard the new Gas Chamber LP yet you should definitely get on that. It's a good one. Plus they are one of the craziest, most intense live acts around.

http://ironlungpv.bandcamp.com/album/hemorrhaging-light-lp

One of my favorites from this year.

tentacleterror
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:26 am 

Thought i post some bandcamp gems. First up is Shitnoise Bastards from Malaysia, noise/grind at it's finest
http://shitnoisebastards.bandcamp.com/
Captain Three Leg (not exactly grindcore, but a mix of hardcore, grind, noise and rock? and DIY til death and entire discography has been put up for free download)
http://captainthreeleg.bandcamp.com/
Shit Life: metalized grindcore from the US http://shitxlife.bandcamp.com/
Sete Star Sept: noisegrind chaos from japan http://shop.7s7.org/album/visceral-tavern
Agamenon Project: one man mincecore attack from Brazil http://agamenonproject.bandcamp.com/
Alchemy of Sickness: more Malaysian grind madness http://alchemyofsickness.bandcamp.com/album/ep
Tersanjung 13: Indonesian grind in the vein of Demisor http://tersanjungtigabelas.bandcamp.com/
Total Hipster Crusher: noisy grind from the US http://totalhipstercrusher.bandcamp.com/
Yacøpsæ: most people know about these german fastcore veterans, and i know it's not grindcore. But they have been kind enough to upload most of their older stuff and can be downloaded for free (demos, comps, splits etc.) http://yacoepsae.bandcamp.com/
Nyctophobic: mince/grind from germany, has put up their entire discography on BC http://nyctophobic.bandcamp.com/

Nothing fancy, just noise
If anyone know any other bands that has put up most of their discography on BC, please feel free to add them.

nekrokvlt
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:35 am 

Looking for bands along the lines of Nasum and Agoraphobic Nosebleed just relentless riffs and chaos. I am a fan of use of movie samples as well. Any help would be appreciated.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:42 am 

^Gride might do the trick

Also for relentless riffs and chaos check PLF if you're not already familiar
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 102  Next