Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
fallingxsnow
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:34 pm 

have been listening to sirenia with ailyn a lot recently, realizing i love her voice, lyrical content, and a bit of the guitar and keyboards, but not a fan of death vocals and symphonic content. maybe at the wrong site, because i love their music that tends to the pop side. recent listen to within temptation "mother earth" and "ice queen", and then "frozen", realized the first two her high pitched voiced spoke to me, and her voice in "frozen" meant nothing to me. just looking for a voice on the higher pitch side singing about emotions. another one of my favorite albums is funerals "in fields of pestilent grief", if that helps recommendations. though mostly into singer closer to pop then opera, with meaningful simple guitar work, and emotionful lyrics. i have no faith in a response hehe, maybe at least somebody feels the same?

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:08 pm 

Have you heard The 3rd and the Mortal's early stuff, specifically the Sorrow EP and Tears Laid in Earth? Kari Rueslatten sings on that, she is a soprano and has a wonderful voice. I think she has some solo stuff too, which may be pop - I dunno, I haven't heard it.

iamntbatman wrote:
eurotrash bro from sabaton, in a letter to exigence: "dude, we're not really even that good"

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:47 pm 

I liked Nightwish best when Anette Olzen was with them. Dark Passion Play is a great album.
Also, listen to Within Temptation's The Unforgiven, as long as you're in the neighborhood.

Reply to topic