Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Hebidoku
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:11 pm
Posts: 51
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:57 pm 
 

I'm looking for slam death metal with more enunciated vocals. I don't really mind squeals and gurgles that much, but they get old.
_________________
MalignantThrone wrote:
Yeah, because when I'm showing metal to my non-metal friends I don't start them out on Black Sabbath, it's straight to the fucking Goatpenis.

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 2229
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:52 am 
 

Hebidoku wrote:
I'm looking for slam death metal with more enunciated vocals. I don't really mind squeals and gurgles that much, but they get old.

Short Bus Pile Up? Not exactly clear, but not gurgles and more like barbarian growling.

I'll try to think to see if I remember any more, but overall it's a really rare thing, yes.
_________________
Crick wrote:
Raw eggs tastier than semen? What horrid ooze-troll have you been blowing?

Top
 Profile  
Dragunov
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:34 pm
Posts: 2337
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm 
 

Any solid 90's style brutal death metal come out in the past five years or so? Stuff that would remind me of Human Waste, Ritual of Infinity, etc. Nothing super slammy, but I can handle slams if there is a decent amount of solid riffs in there as counterpoint. Not too picky with vocals.
_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Chugging DURDURDUR is more metal than airy lelelelelelelelleele.

Top
 Profile  
MalikArcanum
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:33 pm
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:44 am 
 

Any new (or new-ish) bands that play in the vein of the old school Florida scene? There's Swedeath bands everywhere you look, but in my (admittedly shallow) searches I've found no new groups playing this one except Skeletal Remains.

Looking for stuff mainly in the vein of old Monstrosity, Massacre, Obituary & Malevolent Creation. Hell, even throw early Cross the Styx-eta Sinister in there, even though they're Dutch.

Top
 Profile  
dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 2106
Location: Hotlanta, USA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:08 pm 
 

Not necessarily right in the vein of the bands you mentioned but here's a couple newer bands playing old school death metal outside of all the Incantation / 'cavernous' stuff that seems to be the trend lately.

Organ Donor - http://organdonor1.bandcamp.com/

Disfigurement - http://borisrecords.bandcamp.com/album/soul-rot-cd

Zombie Ritual - http://razorbackrecordings.bandcamp.com ... mbie-party

Rude - http://rudedeathmetal.bandcamp.com/track/haunted
_________________
SPEWTILATOR - Play Fast // Smoke Grass
NEW 'Goathrower' EP out Feb 14th on Boris Records!
'Ancient Rites of Getting Conjured' split CS w/ Coffin Dust out on Headsplit Rekords!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 2229
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:36 am 
 

Does anybody have examples of a hybrid between death metal and noise rock/noisecore? I'm not talking Portal dissonance; Gorguts's Obscura might be kind of close but I don't like the death metal parts of that album (or the vocals, or the rhythm...). If there are parts with "riffs" that just sound like random guitar dickery in the manner you might hear in a Melt-Banana song, then great - if it goes beyond dickery and into literal raw, abrasive feedback, that'd be fucking splendid.
_________________
Crick wrote:
Raw eggs tastier than semen? What horrid ooze-troll have you been blowing?

Top
 Profile  
Beer Baron
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:30 pm
Posts: 1485
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:27 am 
 

MalikArcanum wrote:
Any new (or new-ish) bands that play in the vein of the old school Florida scene? There's Swedeath bands everywhere you look, but in my (admittedly shallow) searches I've found no new groups playing this one except Skeletal Remains.

Looking for stuff mainly in the vein of old Monstrosity, Massacre, Obituary & Malevolent Creation. Hell, even throw early Cross the Styx-eta Sinister in there, even though they're Dutch.

See if these do anything for you

Nocturnal Torment
Chaos Inception
Derogatory

Top
 Profile  
overtenmy
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:09 pm
Posts: 67
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:36 pm 
 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Does anybody have examples of a hybrid between death metal and noise rock/noisecore? I'm not talking Portal dissonance; Gorguts's Obscura might be kind of close but I don't like the death metal parts of that album (or the vocals, or the rhythm...). If there are parts with "riffs" that just sound like random guitar dickery in the manner you might hear in a Melt-Banana song, then great - if it goes beyond dickery and into literal raw, abrasive feedback, that'd be fucking splendid.

Have you listened to Ulcerate?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M5SkcwHykU0

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9eebFfDjkE

Top
 Profile  
Gypaetus
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm
Posts: 444
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:23 am 
 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Does anybody have examples of a hybrid between death metal and noise rock/noisecore? I'm not talking Portal dissonance; Gorguts's Obscura might be kind of close but I don't like the death metal parts of that album (or the vocals, or the rhythm...). If there are parts with "riffs" that just sound like random guitar dickery in the manner you might hear in a Melt-Banana song, then great - if it goes beyond dickery and into literal raw, abrasive feedback, that'd be fucking splendid.


Intestinal Disgorge's latest album might well do the trick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCk5Czmauqw
_________________
gomorro wrote:
I felt like if Ygritte shoved me chilly up my ass (Thats right, touched by fire)

Top
 Profile  
MalikArcanum
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:33 pm
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:01 pm 
 

Beer Baron wrote:
MalikArcanum wrote:
Any new (or new-ish) bands that play in the vein of the old school Florida scene? There's Swedeath bands everywhere you look, but in my (admittedly shallow) searches I've found no new groups playing this one except Skeletal Remains.

Looking for stuff mainly in the vein of old Monstrosity, Massacre, Obituary & Malevolent Creation. Hell, even throw early Cross the Styx-eta Sinister in there, even though they're Dutch.

See if these do anything for you

Nocturnal Torment
Chaos Inception
Derogatory



That Derogatory is absolutely perfect for what I'm looking for, thanks. :headbang:

Top
 Profile  
AcidWorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:37 pm
Posts: 2746
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:49 pm 
 

Could probably put this in the black metal thread as well but anyone know any bands that are chaotic and mix black and death metal in the way that Adorior does? Infernal War comes fairly close to this sound, and I enjoy them a lot as well. I'm looking for a production that is not too raw like a lot of war metal tends to have. I find a lot of that assault black metal style like Enthroned to be fairly dull.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCwG4WhMulE
_________________
In reference to Baby Metal
tanabata wrote:
I heard one of the moderators blacklisted them because of his subjective opinion. Well If that is the case, you sir have shit taste and you ain't my nigga!

Top
 Profile  
Hardboiled
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 23
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:17 pm 
 

Can anybody recommend me some good melodic death metal bands in the vein of Edge Of Sanity, the first albums of In Flames and Dark Tranquillity? . Thanks for your help.

Top
 Profile  
Beer Baron
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:30 pm
Posts: 1485
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:28 pm 
 

MalikArcanum wrote:
That Derogatory is absolutely perfect for what I'm looking for, thanks. :headbang:

You're welcome :thumbsup:. Glad you liked one

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6401
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:48 am 
 

Hardboiled wrote:
Can anybody recommend me some good melodic death metal bands in the vein of Edge Of Sanity, the first albums of In Flames and Dark Tranquillity? . Thanks for your help.

Edge Of Sanity doesn't have a lot in common with early In Flames or Dark Tranquillity, though, does it? Well, check out Sacrilege GBG, Eucharist, Gates of Ishtar and Julie Laughs Nomore (yes, that's a band name, unfortunately).

If you want something like Edge of Sanity, you'll probably have to be more specific, as their discography is very diverse.
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
Deckard
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:30 am
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:13 am 
 

MalikArcanum wrote:
Any new (or new-ish) bands that play in the vein of the old school Florida scene? There's Swedeath bands everywhere you look, but in my (admittedly shallow) searches I've found no new groups playing this one except Skeletal Remains.

Looking for stuff mainly in the vein of old Monstrosity, Massacre, Obituary & Malevolent Creation. Hell, even throw early Cross the Styx-eta Sinister in there, even though they're Dutch.


Impurity (USA) remind me of Monstrosity somewhat:



Edit: Hm these are not quite as "new" as I thought. Still listed as "active", but not released anything since a promo 2009.. the album I am referring to (Of Lust & War) is from 2007 even.

Top
 Profile  
Hardboiled
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 23
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:57 am 
 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Hardboiled wrote:
Can anybody recommend me some good melodic death metal bands in the vein of Edge Of Sanity, the first albums of In Flames and Dark Tranquillity? . Thanks for your help.

Edge Of Sanity doesn't have a lot in common with early In Flames or Dark Tranquillity, though, does it? Well, check out Sacrilege GBG, Eucharist, Gates of Ishtar and Julie Laughs Nomore (yes, that's a band name, unfortunately).

If you want something like Edge of Sanity, you'll probably have to be more specific, as their discography is very diverse.


I only listened the "The Spectral Sorrows" album of Edge Of Sanity and the catchy riffs and style remind me a little to the Gothenburg scene bands like In Flames or DT, but withouth the Black Metal influences. Man Sacrilege is fucking awesome it was exactly the kind of music that i was searching. Thank you!!!

Top
 Profile  
Misfit74
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1549
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:26 pm 
 

Nebster173 wrote:
What are bands that heavily abuse wah pedals?


Kirk Hammett clearly has the market cornered (enough for all genres, too), lol.

Severe Torture uses it during solos effectively, at times, particularly on "Sworn Vengeance".

Katalepsy uses it effectively on a couple tracks from "Autopsychosis" (the best album of 2013 hands down, IMO). Both 'Lurking in the Depth' and 'Unearthly Urge to Supremacy' have cool solos w/ wah-pedal action.

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say. I can't think of much more than that, personally.
_________________
Last.fm
My Music on RYM

Top
 Profile  
Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Posts: 2063
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:14 pm 
 

Randomly came across Obliteration, reviews seemed promising, grew curious.



Who are similar (and better) among their contemporaries? (ed: beyond the Similar Artists list, that is.) Thanks.

Top
 Profile  
LVB
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 143
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:49 pm 
 

Special sort of request. I want album recs from 2007ish to present that are genre classics. Criteria: no gimmicks. Some examples of gimmicks: really blasty, described as influenced by Suffocation, loaded with non-metal elements like sythns and other instruments, noises, is not a 'clone' of any band, old school or otherwise. Furthermore, I want albums that uphold the traditions of Death Metal's peak years from about 1988 to 1993, and again - no copies! Some albums I've really enjoyed were the last two from Asyphx and Austopy, as Disma Towards the Megalith.

Top
 Profile  
androdion
Metal freak

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 4781
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:10 pm 
 

LVB wrote:
Special sort of request. I want album recs from 2007ish to present that are genre classics. Criteria: no gimmicks. Some examples of gimmicks: really blasty, described as influenced by Suffocation, loaded with non-metal elements like sythns and other instruments, noises, is not a 'clone' of any band, old school or otherwise. Furthermore, I want albums that uphold the traditions of Death Metal's peak years from about 1988 to 1993, and again - no copies! Some albums I've really enjoyed were the last two from Asyphx and Austopy, as Disma Towards the Megalith.

I'm confused. You want albums that sound old school but that don't sound like any old school band?! Kind of a contradiction there isn't it?!

Anyway, I'll throw my two cents with Repugnant and Tribulation. You can't go more "modern old school classic" than that when it comes to Sweddeath. Since you seem to be taking a liking at doomier death metal, and since Disma says its prayers at the altar of Convulse, I'm going to recommend Ataraxy's debut album. Spanish band doing Finndeath and it's an absolute modern classic to me. Might as well listen to Sonne Adam's Transformation for some other creepy dungeon-like Incantation/Immolation influenced doomy death metal. Suffice to say that I thought it was the best death metal album in 2011 (and Ataraxy's was the best of 2012 coincidently).
_________________
ANGST ISST DIE SEELE AUF
androdion@Discogs

Top
 Profile  
LVB
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 143
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:47 pm 
 

androdion wrote:
LVB wrote:
Special sort of request. I want album recs from 2007ish to present that are genre classics. Criteria: no gimmicks. Some examples of gimmicks: really blasty, described as influenced by Suffocation, loaded with non-metal elements like sythns and other instruments, noises, is not a 'clone' of any band, old school or otherwise. Furthermore, I want albums that uphold the traditions of Death Metal's peak years from about 1988 to 1993, and again - no copies! Some albums I've really enjoyed were the last two from Asyphx and Austopy, as Disma Towards the Megalith.

I'm confused. You want albums that sound old school but that don't sound like any old school band?! Kind of a contradiction there isn't it?!


No. Let's see here. Is every thrash band from the mid 80's a "copy" of Slayer and Metallica? Is every 90's Death Metal band a "copy" of Morbid Angel and Entombed? You can use the same tools and achieve different results and personal vision. What I want to avoid are 'tribute' bands who just want to sound like some old school band that they worship. What I don't want is novelty like let's add "prog" elements because it makes us seem more highbrow.

Top
 Profile  
Hardboiled
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 23
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:26 pm 
 

LVB wrote:
Special sort of request. I want album recs from 2007ish to present that are genre classics. Criteria: no gimmicks. Some examples of gimmicks: really blasty, described as influenced by Suffocation, loaded with non-metal elements like sythns and other instruments, noises, is not a 'clone' of any band, old school or otherwise. Furthermore, I want albums that uphold the traditions of Death Metal's peak years from about 1988 to 1993, and again - no copies! Some albums I've really enjoyed were the last two from Asyphx and Austopy, as Disma Towards the Megalith.


Try Bloodbath or Blood Red Throne

Top
 Profile  
AcidWorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:37 pm
Posts: 2746
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:20 am 
 

LVB wrote:
Special sort of request. I want album recs from 2007ish to present that are genre classics. Criteria: no gimmicks. Some examples of gimmicks: really blasty, described as influenced by Suffocation, loaded with non-metal elements like sythns and other instruments, noises, is not a 'clone' of any band, old school or otherwise. Furthermore, I want albums that uphold the traditions of Death Metal's peak years from about 1988 to 1993, and again - no copies! Some albums I've really enjoyed were the last two from Asyphx and Austopy, as Disma Towards the Megalith.



Classics? Hmmm

While perhaps these may not be considered classics they are amongst my favourites of recent years.

Claws - Absorbed in the Nethervoid (2009)
One of the stronger Finnish osdm bands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiqljLxwf9Q

Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds (2009)
I love this album. Very fast and raw and thrashy. Big Pestilence influence. If you like Repugnant and Tribulation's debut which Androdion mentioned then you will probably like this as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5g2K5Qo9M

Teitanblood - Seven Chalices (2009)
This is fast, chaotic, raw, and just awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITZ75t5bemE

Graveyard - One with the Dead (2009)
Probably my favourite album in the Swedish vein of recent years. 4 reviews averaging 96%.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSDg3ucoKwQ

Morbid Flesh - Reborn in Death (2011)
Little different from the others. Early Death influenced (Scream Bloody Gore), and quite grotesque sounding. Excellent album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1y5JaqRYAw
_________________
In reference to Baby Metal
tanabata wrote:
I heard one of the moderators blacklisted them because of his subjective opinion. Well If that is the case, you sir have shit taste and you ain't my nigga!

Top
 Profile  
androdion
Metal freak

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 4781
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 pm 
 

LVB wrote:
No. Let's see here. Is every thrash band from the mid 80's a "copy" of Slayer and Metallica? Is every 90's Death Metal band a "copy" of Morbid Angel and Entombed? You can use the same tools and achieve different results and personal vision. What I want to avoid are 'tribute' bands who just want to sound like some old school band that they worship. What I don't want is novelty like let's add "prog" elements because it makes us seem more highbrow.

You could've just said you wanted stuff influenced by the classics of old instead of pure clones then. That would've sufficed. ;)

Anyway, you got a lot of recs to bite, be sure to leave some feedback on them.
_________________
ANGST ISST DIE SEELE AUF
androdion@Discogs

Top
 Profile  
Nebster173
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:22 am
Posts: 301
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:10 pm 
 

Misfit74 wrote:
Nebster173 wrote:
What are bands that heavily abuse wah pedals?


Kirk Hammett clearly has the market cornered (enough for all genres, too), lol.

Severe Torture uses it during solos effectively, at times, particularly on "Sworn Vengeance".

Katalepsy uses it effectively on a couple tracks from "Autopsychosis" (the best album of 2013 hands down, IMO). Both 'Lurking in the Depth' and 'Unearthly Urge to Supremacy' have cool solos w/ wah-pedal action.

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say. I can't think of much more than that, personally.


I don't like russian bdm. Also, your examples don't heavily abuse them.

Something like mameli's solos on Consuming Impulse would be more inline with what I'm looking for. The more exaggerated, the better. Ideally, they should sound more like the ones in Gorguts - Obscura, but used more like consuming impulse. Or disregard that guideline if you think you have something better to recommend.

Hardboiled wrote:
Try Bloodbath or Blood Red Throne

Those are mediocre. Everything else listed so far is superior.

Top
 Profile  
Hardboiled
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 23
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:13 pm 
 

Bloodbath mediocre? sure supermetal kid you are right.

Top
 Profile  
Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 pm
Posts: 567
Location: Living in the cosmic nod
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:52 pm 
 

AcidWorm wrote:
Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds (2009)
I love this album. Very fast and raw and thrashy. Big Pestilence influence. If you like Repugnant and Tribulation's debut which Androdion mentioned then you will probably like this as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5g2K5Qo9M


This album is excellent, fits Grave_Wyrm's request as well. @Wyrm, maybe also check out Morbus Chron if you haven't already.

Top
 Profile  
Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Posts: 2063
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:20 pm 
 

Sweet! Thanks, Inspector.

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6401
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:24 pm 
 

LVB: You didn't mention Graves of the Archanges. Haven't you heard it, or didn't you like it?
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6401
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:32 pm 
 

LVB: You didn't mention Graves of the Archanges. Haven't you heard it, or didn't you like it?

In their own rights, these are classic death metal albums from the last couple of years:
Drawn And Quartered - Feeding Hell's Furnace
Based on Incantation's dark style with more blackened elements, this band has crafter a style all of its own while staying very true to classic 90s death metal.

Ignivomous - Death Transmutation and Contragenesis
Dissonant and otherwordly death metal with surprising beauty amidst the chaos. Impressive musicianship, without overt flashiness.

Desolate Shrine - Tenebrous Towers and The Sanctum of Human Darkness
Extremely doomy and oppressive death metal. You though Disma was heavy?

Imprecation - Satanae Tenebris Infinita
Imprecation is a band unlike anything else. A very dark style of death metal with gothic elements and occult atmosphere. The band is an old school legend, and this is their new album after they reformed in 2009 after a decade long break.
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:47 am
Posts: 4907
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:49 pm 
 

Ilwhyan, I would put Hail Infernal Darkness alongside Feeding Hell's Furnace for it's sheer weight and darkness.

Ilwhyan wrote:
Desolate Shrine - Tenebrous Towers and The Sanctum of Human Darkness
Extremely doomy and oppressive death metal. You though Disma was heavy?


Quoting this for the truth of it. Makes Disma seem like (very) easy listening. Utterly brilliant band.

AcidWorm wrote:
Could probably put this in the black metal thread as well but anyone know any bands that are chaotic and mix black and death metal in the way that Adorior does? Infernal War comes fairly close to this sound, and I enjoy them a lot as well. I'm looking for a production that is not too raw like a lot of war metal tends to have. I find a lot of that assault black metal style like Enthroned to be fairly dull.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCwG4WhMulE


Preeeety sure you're familiar with these guys, but Charon fucking rip.

Maybe Italy's Blasphemophagher could be worth a look (unless you know them already)?

Another band worth mentioning is the mighty Temple Below. Pretty damn heavy, chaotic stuff.

A little on the (black) thrashier side, but Chile's awesome Perversor are well worth a look...

Another Chilean band I'm going to mention is Slaughtbbath. Not too bad...
_________________
Not for mercy does the evolution of I progress...

My collection


Last edited by CrushedRevelation on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
ClicheUsername
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:23 am
Posts: 16
Location: Disraeli, Qc, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:10 am 
 

Dragunov wrote:
Any solid 90's style brutal death metal come out in the past five years or so? Stuff that would remind me of Human Waste, Ritual of Infinity, etc. Nothing super slammy, but I can handle slams if there is a decent amount of solid riffs in there as counterpoint. Not too picky with vocals.


I'm looking for the exact same thing as this person, so bumping it before it gets forgotten.

Top
 Profile  
Baroque1
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:28 am
Posts: 162
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:22 am 
 

Looking for 'higher pitched' death vocalists. Like Chuck Schuldiner from Death, or the band After Oblivion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zKlGCiizNA

Any other death metal bands have vocalists like this? Some thrashiness is a plus too.

Top
 Profile  
androdion
Metal freak

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 4781
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:28 am 
 

ClicheUsername wrote:
Dragunov wrote:
Any solid 90's style brutal death metal come out in the past five years or so? Stuff that would remind me of Human Waste, Ritual of Infinity, etc. Nothing super slammy, but I can handle slams if there is a decent amount of solid riffs in there as counterpoint. Not too picky with vocals.


I'm looking for the exact same thing as this person, so bumping it before it gets forgotten.

Maybe Necroven? It kind of reminds me of that Morpheus Descends/Rottrevore school.
_________________
ANGST ISST DIE SEELE AUF
androdion@Discogs

Top
 Profile  
hots_towel
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 128
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:23 pm 
 

Baroque1 wrote:
Looking for 'higher pitched' death vocalists. Like Chuck Schuldiner from Death, or the band After Oblivion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zKlGCiizNA

Any other death metal bands have vocalists like this? Some thrashiness is a plus too.
with the vocals idk. but if you want some tech death thats really human era Death sounding you should check out syrebris. female vocals and imo, they can really pull off that sounds without sounding like Death ripoffs
_________________
If i see that same f*cking Fenriz meme of him telling Lars to get a better snare one more time I'm gonna loose my sh*t!!!

Top
 Profile  
dystopia4
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm
Posts: 3505
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:59 am 
 

I would like to hear some doom-tinged quasi-melodic death metal in the vein of Deathevokation and Gorement.
_________________
http://ifthisishellthenimlucky.blogspot.ca/

Top
 Profile  
maidenpriestmanic
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:33 pm
Posts: 374
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:41 am 
 

Baroque1 wrote:
Looking for 'higher pitched' death vocalists. Like Chuck Schuldiner from Death, or the band After Oblivion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zKlGCiizNA

Any other death metal bands have vocalists like this? Some thrashiness is a plus too.


You know, I asked this same question before and no one was able to answer it. Though you might want to try death metal era Carcass as they use higher growls and not really death metal but vektor always seem to remind me of later death and After Oblivion, especially with the vocals. Kinda made me wonder if later death or After Oblivion was really thrash metal.

Vektor- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmVtbrgcKW4

Top
 Profile  
Baroque1
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:28 am
Posts: 162
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:10 am 
 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:
Baroque1 wrote:
Looking for 'higher pitched' death vocalists. Like Chuck Schuldiner from Death, or the band After Oblivion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zKlGCiizNA

Any other death metal bands have vocalists like this? Some thrashiness is a plus too.


You know, I asked this same question before and no one was able to answer it. Though you might want to try death metal era Carcass as they use higher growls and not really death metal but vektor always seem to remind me of later death and After Oblivion, especially with the vocals. Kinda made me wonder if later death or After Oblivion was really thrash metal.

Vektor- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmVtbrgcKW4



I love Vektor, have both albums and I've seen them live. Looking forward to their next album (hopefully this year). I've had a hard time finding bands like Vektor too haha. Thanks anyway though. I like some Carcass too, I'll listen to more of their stuff.

Top
 Profile  
Baroque1
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:28 am
Posts: 162
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:10 am 
 

double post (my bad)

Top
 Profile  
Misfit74
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1549
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 pm 
 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:
Baroque1 wrote:
Looking for 'higher pitched' death vocalists. Like Chuck Schuldiner from Death, or the band After Oblivion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zKlGCiizNA

Any other death metal bands have vocalists like this? Some thrashiness is a plus too.


You know, I asked this same question before and no one was able to answer it. Though you might want to try death metal era Carcass as they use higher growls and not really death metal but vektor always seem to remind me of later death and After Oblivion, especially with the vocals. Kinda made me wonder if later death or After Oblivion was really thrash metal.

Vektor- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmVtbrgcKW4


Illogicist might be the ticket.
_________________
Last.fm
My Music on RYM

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 221  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rykov and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group