Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:54 am 

Lensherr wrote:
I was never a big fan of Death metal, but I really dig FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE, any bands like this one out there?

Hour of Penance would be the obvious one, but I would suggest checking the similar artists tab on their MA entry.

Incariuz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:01 pm 

Lensherr wrote:
I was never a big fan of Death metal, but I really dig FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE, any bands like this one out there?

I'm not a huge Fleshgod Apocalypse fan myself, but I am a fan of Septic Flesh, and I typically see fans of one enjoying the other so... I'd say checkout Septic Flesh.

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:59 pm 

I have been on a Krisiun kick, particularly Ageless Venomous. Is there any other album that has that feel that the aforementioned album has?

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:22 am 

titan_v wrote:
I have been on a Krisiun kick, particularly Ageless Venomous. Is there any other album that has that feel that the aforementioned album has?

Been a while since I have listened to that album, the closest stuff I can think of if memory serves:

Deicide - ST & Legion (probably obvious, Krisiun always remind me off early Deicide just juiced up)
Rebaelliun - Annihilation (not as dry tone wise but very similar)

You could also give these a shot, both fast, technical and dry-tone wise but stylistically maybe a bit too far off mark:
Monstrosity - Millennium
Deeds of Flesh - Inbreeding the Anthropophagi

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:28 am 

Hayisforhorses wrote:
titan_v wrote:

Been a while since I have listened to that album, the closest stuff I can think of if memory serves:

Deicide - ST & Legion (probably obvious, Krisiun always remind me off early Deicide just juiced up)
Rebaelliun - Annihilation (not as dry tone wise but very similar)

You could also give these a shot, both fast, technical and dry-tone wise but stylistically maybe a bit too far off mark:
Monstrosity - Millennium
Deeds of Flesh - Inbreeding the Anthropophagi

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXs7t3fn6Xw

;)

gnarlbro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:23 pm 

I've been listening to a lot of Bolt Thrower lately, mostly War Master and For Victory. Really diggin it but it has made me crave something that sounds based off the same style of groovy mid paced riffing but just a bit more technical, and maybe a little faster at times. I'm already familiar with Gorguts which is a pretty good example of what I'm looking for.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:10 pm 

Maybe try Demigod or Slugathor.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:12 am 

gnarlbro wrote:
I've been listening to a lot of Bolt Thrower lately, mostly War Master and For Victory. Really diggin it but it has made me crave something that sounds based off the same style of groovy mid paced riffing but just a bit more technical, and maybe a little faster at times. I'm already familiar with Gorguts which is a pretty good example of what I'm looking for.

Seconding Demigod. I would recommend checking out some Danish acts as they have a tendency towards chunky dm with a bit more technicality in paticular:

Iniquity - All their stuff is great though Grime is sonically their closest to Bolt Thrower while Five Across the Eyes is the most technical imo.

Illdisposed - Four Depressive Seasons and Return from Tomorrow are my favourites, chunky and groove heavy with a bit more technicality to the song-writing but by no means Gorguts level.

Also a non-Danish suggestion give Killing Addiction - Omega Factor a try, very dirty production but it has a Bolt Thrower vibe but the riffs are just that bit more sophisticated.

gnarlbro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:22 pm 

Hayisforhorses wrote:
gnarlbro wrote:

Seconding Demigod. I would recommend checking out some Danish acts as they have a tendency towards chunky dm with a bit more technicality in paticular:

Iniquity - All their stuff is great though Grime is sonically their closest to Bolt Thrower while Five Across the Eyes is the most technical imo.

Illdisposed - Four Depressive Seasons and Return from Tomorrow are my favourites, chunky and groove heavy with a bit more technicality to the song-writing but by no means Gorguts level.

Also a non-Danish suggestion give Killing Addiction - Omega Factor a try, very dirty production but it has a Bolt Thrower vibe but the riffs are just that bit more sophisticated.

Can't really get into Demigod even though it does fit my request pretty well. Really liking Iniquity though, especially Five Across the Eyes. It's definitely a lot more tech than Bolt Thrower but has a similar underlying vibe to me. Thanks!

Quote:
Maybe try Demigod or Slugathor.

Slugathor is killer, hit the nail on the head.

stoked for some new listening!

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:22 am 

Anything new on the technical death metal front? Any new band that rivals Anata?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:51 am 

Did you miss the week long jizzing over the new Sarpanitum album? If so I'd strongly recommend you checking it out.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:27 am 

Sarpanitum rivals Anata? In what implausible, backwards parallel universe? :(

This is really grasping for straws, because there's nothing quite like Anata, but if you're just into the type of tonality and riffing power that can be heard on Conductor's Departure, for example, I would recommend Root's Madness of the Graves. Different genre and not particularly technical in its own realm, but I find myself attracted to similar things in both bands' music.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:56 pm 

Ok yeah nothing really sounds like Anata but the new Sarpanitum album is fucking awesome tech death so.

Azmodes wrote:

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:13 pm 

gnarlbro wrote:
I've been listening to a lot of Bolt Thrower lately, mostly War Master and For Victory. Really diggin it but it has made me crave something that sounds based off the same style of groovy mid paced riffing but just a bit more technical, and maybe a little faster at times.

Check out Trenchgrinder as well. Heavily influenced by early Bolt Thrower but with a faster overall tempo and a bit more of a savage attitude. Good shit.

Lensherr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:29 pm 

Thanks guys @fleshgod apocalypse's band alike suggestion.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:20 pm 

gnarlbro wrote:

Hail of Bullets too obvious?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb059wP_uNY

Asphyx may also be too obvious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXhyzGc7_pc

2 bands named Warmaster that both sound like Bolt Thrower. First link is the dutch one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B56WuhwDwoE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsX91Kez-Tk

Decaying is Hail of Bullets worship for the most part. Though they strayed a bit from the mold on their last album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wotAUYn_EU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vypslkLb4Kk

You may also like Decrepitaph for a heavy ass groove.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC7KHe1dOQw

I'd also recommend Stormcrow for crusty death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfx-XPisix8

Trenchrot is a newer band influenced by Bolt Thrower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZlTlvYGs7c

MouthBreather
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:01 am 

I am looking for stuff similar to Man Must Die's this song. What do you think are the inspirations behind them?

It has kind of a hardcore-ish vocal style. I don't know... maybe hardcore-ish with the occasional melodic parts but still heavy as fuck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbNwjI7mrws

Lord Tempestuous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:38 pm 

Albums that sound like Sororcide's The Entity? Really dark and atmospheric?

chish
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:15 am 

So I'm all of the sudden in the mood to gorge myself on some Dismember worship - any recommended bands?

Red_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:11 pm 

Lord Tempestuous wrote:
Albums that sound like Sororcide's The Entity? Really dark and atmospheric?
Demigod's The Slumber of Sullen Eyes.

You might also want to check out Immolation's debut, Dawn of Possession, though it is decidedly more unhinged (among other differences) than Sororicide.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:38 pm 

chish wrote:
So I'm all of the sudden in the mood to gorge myself on some Dismember worship - any recommended bands?

Evocation are indeed Dismember. :lol:

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:45 pm 

chish wrote:

Intestine Baalism sounds a shit load like Dismember:

Zanzir
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:40 pm 

Anything like Internal Bleeding ? I dont mind newer bands (2000s).

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:15 am 

You should look at 90's/early 2000s brutal death metal. Imo, earlier brutal death metal such as Internal Bleeding has a special kind of aggression, attitude, and tone that you'll rarely find in newer bands.
Eternal Suffering

Vomit Remnants

Milo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:21 pm 

Stuff like Solstice and Hellwitch? I'd favor non clean production and stuff around 1990 - 1999.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:44 pm 

Milo wrote:
Stuff like Solstice and Hellwitch? I'd favor non clean production and stuff around 1990 - 1999.

Demolition Hammer obviously.

Also:

Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:46 pm 

Milo wrote:

Entropy - Ashen Existence

Thrashy, chaotic, with a filthy Scott Burns-esque production to boot.

Milo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:58 am 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Milo wrote:

Demolition Hammer obviously.

Also:

Wow. Thanks for your time, man :)

Brutality came the closest to what I was looking for. If they were a little faster (or had a better drummer, to be honest), they would be perfect. I should have mentioned I'm after a little more technique and intrincated songwriting.

Although not exactly what I was looking for, the others are all great, of course, specially Besieged. Hypnosia, Morbid Saint, Demolition Hammer and Vendetta are all well known and loved.

Milo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:09 am 

Rippingheadache wrote:
Milo wrote:

Entropy - Ashen Existence

Thrashy, chaotic, with a filthy Scott Burns-esque production to boot.

YES! This also deserves investigation. Thanks!

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:10 pm 

I'm looking for some really fucked up sounding death metal that's also kinda technical. Bonus points if it's old-school (in sound). Specifically, I'm looking for stuff similar to old At the Gates (Gardens of Grief, The Red In The Sky...), Liers in Wait, Demilich, Artificial Brain, and maybe Gorguts as well (I've really only heard Obscura and Colored Sands). Blasphemy Made Flesh by Cryptopsy isn't too far removed either, though I'm not really looking for brutal death metal.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:38 pm 

Are you familiar with Ulcerate? I'd recommend you check them out if not. And definitely give early Gorguts another couple listens, EoS is freaking brilliant.

Azmodes wrote:

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:16 pm 

Chthe'ilist is real fucked up sounding:

Reminds me a lot of Demilich.

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:29 pm 

XcKyle93 wrote:
I'm looking for some really fucked up sounding death metal that's also kinda technical. Bonus points if it's old-school (in sound). Specifically, I'm looking for stuff similar to old At the Gates (Gardens of Grief, The Red In The Sky...), Liers in Wait, Demilich, Artificial Brain, and maybe Gorguts as well (I've really only heard Obscura and Colored Sands). Blasphemy Made Flesh by Cryptopsy isn't too far removed either, though I'm not really looking for brutal death metal.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:49 am 

XcKyle93 wrote:

Seconding Ulcerate - Everything is Fire is an incredible record.

Couple of suggestions:

Wicked Innocence - Omnipotence
Bizarre trippy and guttural kind of like an American Demilich. Beware of their second album Worship which is just sooooo bad.

Adramelech - Psychostasia
Excellent Finnish band with cool spidery riffs not to dissimilar to early At The Gates.

Human Remains - Using Sickness as a Hero
Unusual grindy dm with some unusual instrumentation, some kinda Obscura guitar riffs.

Broken Hope - Loathing
Generally boring band that put out this anomaly of an album. Kind of strange and brutal take on Cynic/Atheist style dm but not really like that either.

XDFFSX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:18 am 

Two related things Im looking for:

Brutal Death Metal with intelligible vocals. I love Ultra Brutal blasting and palm muted chugging, but I want to be able to understand the gory brutal lyrics.

And more generally, anything that sounds like Corpsegrinder era Cannibal Corpse, (the more technical riffs and intelligible vocals as compared to the Chris Barnes era stuff)

Thanks guys!

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:30 am 

XDFFSX wrote:

Brutal Death Metal with intelligible vocals. I love Ultra Brutal blasting and palm muted chugging, but I want to be able to understand the gory brutal lyrics.

And more generally, anything that sounds like Corpsegrinder era Cannibal Corpse, (the more technical riffs and intelligible vocals as compared to the Chris Barnes era stuff)

Thanks guys!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/PSeAh-P-law[/youtube]
Blood red throne- Come Death. reminds me of the Kill era

[youtube]https://youtu.be/3apLSOap3G8[/youtube]
Bloodsoaked- intelligible vocals

XDFFSX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:58 am 

Thanks man, Blood Red Throne are exactly what I was looking for. Bloodsoaked are great, but a little lacking in the brutality.

Im looking more for something with more blasting, along the lines of Mortician or Amputated Genitals, but with intelligible/comprehensible vocals. Thanks anyway tho, great band

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 am 

XDFFSX wrote:
Thanks man, Blood Red Throne are exactly what I was looking for. Bloodsoaked are great, but a little lacking in the brutality.

Im looking more for something with more blasting, along the lines of Mortician or Amputated Genitals, but with intelligible/comprehensible vocals. Thanks anyway tho, great band

Primitive Brutality, as its practically a scifi version of Mortician, though the vocals are kind of goofy.
https://primitivebrutality.bandcamp.com ... splacement

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:42 am 

XDFFSX wrote:

Thanks guys!

As for the Corpsegrinder era CC there's Aeon. Not sure the clarity helps their lyrical presentation, though. It's less blood and guts and more irreligious. Aeons Black is a great album too.

Something more brutal is Abnormality.

Maybe Prostitute Disfigurement.

Mass Infection is sort of intelligible. Maybe it's because I tend to listen to them drunk.

If these are so well known as to not warrant recs then pretend this post never happened.

Oh and unrelated, I've only tonight stumbled across Chile's Inhumano, who last year apparently put out a ridiculous death metal album. Those guitars, fucking hell. They do all kinds of interesting stuff.
https://rottencemeteryrec.bandcamp.com/ ... oscuras-cd

XDFFSX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:31 am 

aaronmb666, Oh Jesus those vocals, that sounds awful and great and the same time. Thanks

Prostitute Disfigurement Ive heard of, but Mass Infection and Abnormality are exactly what Im looking for, thanks man!

And Aeon are sick, sounds like if Glenn Benton wrote CC's lyrics

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 290  Next