Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:44 pm 

So you mean something like Bolt Thrower?! :p

Seriously though, you need to get some Abhorrence (the Finnish one). You could also try Demigod's Slumber Of Sullen Eyes, it has a really massive groove in the guitars.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:00 am 

AcidWorm wrote:

Just recommending this debut EP. Really good stuff of pretty filthy, doomy death metal.

Oh hell yes! Anywhere I can buy the CD? :headbang:

Last edited by Jimmy Calhoun on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:55 pm 

androdion wrote:

Seriously though, you need to get some Abhorrence (the Finnish one). You could also try Demigod's Slumber Of Sullen Eyes, it has a really massive groove in the guitars.

I like both of those, but the production is pretty muddled for Abhorrence. How about something newer, better production? Ignivomous is a bit too muddled but still fits the bill, btw, just want the guitars up front and clear - like a high heel to the nutsack. ;)

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:37 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
androdion wrote:

I like both of those, but the production is pretty muddled for Abhorrence. How about something newer, better production? Ignivomous is a bit too muddled but still fits the bill, btw, just want the guitars up front and clear - like a high heel to the nutsack. ;)

Have you tried the Abhorrence compilation from 2012 on Svart Records? It has the EP and demo tracks with a very decent remastering job! But if you want to hear the continuation of that sound just hop into the early Amorphis bandwagon, and try out Privilege Of Evil and The Karelian Isthmus. It's pretty much a continuation of the Abhorrence sound with better production values and an added compositional flair.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:47 am 

androdion wrote:
Have you tried the Abhorrence compilation from 2012 on Svart Records? It has the EP and demo tracks with a very decent remastering job! But if you want to hear the continuation of that sound just hop into the early Amorphis bandwagon, and try out Privilege Of Evil and The Karelian Isthmus. It's pretty much a continuation of the Abhorrence sound with better production values and an added compositional flair.

Yes, all of this!

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:17 pm 

Thanks, guys. I'm on it.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:53 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
So I've been getting into OSDM more and more lately and although I'm familiar with a bunch of bands that have put out albums in recent years, such as Dead Congregation, Incantation, Disma, Ataraxy, etc., but there are tons of bands and good albums I simply haven't discovered, yet.

I'm looking primarily for: music in the vein of Bloodbath, Puteraeon, and Binah. I know of Entombed, Asphyx, GSBC, and Slugathor, to name a few. Yes, I love the HM-2/Swedeath sounds, which when full in the mix there's nothing like it. The main thing is good guitar work and it being fully present in the mix. Doesn't have to be only that sound in your rec's, but an OSDM version of Hail Of Bullets could make me crap in my pants. :D

Desecresy. Members of Slugathor so think of them as kind of a continuation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD4DV5PElrk

Demonical. Pure Swedeath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE3o_L_ieEY

Bastard Priest Also pure Swedeath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wREipuub8Eo

Graveyard. Some of the best Swedeath, but comes from Spain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSDg3ucoKwQ

Demiurg. Swedeath with Dan Swano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1undlq5lKPU

Putrevore. Swedeath but a bit more of a cavernous production than the usual bands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJIhXN42pIA

Necropsy. German band with some groove to a slightly murky production
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQbHqA5r8MM

Hope those get you started. There are plenty more worth checking out.

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:26 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
So I've been getting into OSDM more and more lately and although I'm familiar with a bunch of bands that have put out albums in recent years, such as Dead Congregation, Incantation, Disma, Ataraxy, etc., but there are tons of bands and good albums I simply haven't discovered, yet.

In case you already aren't familiar with these, here are a few classics:

Carnage - Dark Recollections
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCa_1OdWFV8

Uncanny - Splenium for Nyktophobia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIn4dEnDi4U

Fulmination - Through Fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFSfZ2bzB5Q

Nirvana 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unq9aPVu00c

Evocation - The Ancient Gate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mz-JgXtLjc

The last 3 are from demos and non-album recordings, but they have all been re-released on CD in recent years.

Also, recent material from a band that's been around since the early 1990s:

Interment - Into the Crypts of Blasphemy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XUW45KGUZY

scarth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:49 pm 

Everything else people have mentioned has been spot on i think. Recently came across this on Bandcamp, https://gruesomedeathmetal.bandcamp.com ... sed-casket. Fucking supergroup consisting of Daniel Gonzalez, Matt Harvey, Robin Mazen and Gus Rios. think they are currently recording for an album. Great old-school vibes.

GRUESOME - Closed Casket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF3Ir1aSHcY

edit: had a quick search but didn't see anything. apologies if this is mentioned earlier in the thread

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:33 pm 

I don't believe that project was mentioned yet in this thread but I think it was mentioned in Metal Discussion. I've basically got zero interest in shameless Death worship like that.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:35 pm 

Yeah that's veeeeery obvious, but it's good music.

KDST
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:00 am 

/first post!/
Can anyone recommend me anything aggressive, similar to Nile and pre-Satanist Behemoth? Other bands I can relate to that sound are Hate, Azarath, Decapitated (Polish DM in general). I've been digging for weeks and everything I've found was either wanky tech-death (think Necrophagist clones) or sludgy monotonous shite with piss-poor production. Newer bands/albums get bonus points from me.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:59 am 

KDST wrote:
/first post!/
Can anyone recommend me anything aggressive, similar to Nile and pre-Satanist Behemoth? Other bands I can relate to that sound are Hate, Azarath, Decapitated (Polish DM in general). I've been digging for weeks and everything I've found was either wanky tech-death (think Necrophagist clones) or sludgy monotonous shite with piss-poor production. Newer bands/albums get bonus points from me.

Some more Polish death for you to check out. I avoided Vader as it is too obvious. Trauma has been around for a long time and has many releases but the one I linked is the only one I am familiar with by them. Gortal has been around for a while but they only have 2 albums on top of a bunch of demos. Anthem is a newer band and only has one album on top of a demo and an EP. I would think Gortal in particular would be right up your alley.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:40 pm 

Jimmy Calhoun wrote:
AcidWorm wrote:

Just recommending this debut EP. Really good stuff of pretty filthy, doomy death metal.

Oh hell yes! Anywhere I can buy the CD? :headbang:

I think the band themselves had CD's for a bit, not sure if any are left. Unspeakable Axe just released the demo on cassette, if that's your bag. They've got some longsleeves I did the art for too :-D

http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/pu ... tery+filth
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

KDST
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:05 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
KDST wrote:
/first post!/

Some more Polish death for you to check out. I avoided Vader as it is too obvious. Trauma has been around for a long time and has many releases but the one I linked is the only one I am familiar with by them. Gortal has been around for a while but they only have 2 albums on top of a bunch of demos. Anthem is a newer band and only has one album on top of a demo and an EP. I would think Gortal in particular would be right up your alley.

Gortal and Anthem really hit the spot! I'm familiar with Trauma, kinda sad that they don't get much attention.

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:56 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
Trauma has been around for a long time and has many releases but the one I linked is the only one I am familiar with by them.

I have most of Trauma's stuff and it's definitely a band worth getting very much into. Did you get to hear Archetype of Chaos? It's basically a better, earlier version of Karma Obscura.

For the earlier request AcidWorm was answering, maybe Mithras would suit.

Brutal, technical and what have you, but with an exceptional sense of composition and generally much more engaging than the majority of the herd.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:33 am 

sushiman wrote:
AcidWorm wrote:
Trauma has been around for a long time and has many releases but the one I linked is the only one I am familiar with by them.

I have most of Trauma's stuff and it's definitely a band worth getting very much into. Did you get to hear Archetype of Chaos? It's basically a better, earlier version of Karma Obscura.

For the earlier request AcidWorm was answering, maybe Mithras would suit.

Brutal, technical and what have you, but with an exceptional sense of composition and generally much more engaging than the majority of the herd.

Whoa... Good shit! Mithras is one of those names I've always "known" but never delved into. Gotta move these guys to the top of my "next" list.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:53 pm 

Lately I've been checking out slamming bdm bands, but I find most of the scene hit or miss. I've tried a handful of bands but only found a few albums that works for me, like Parasitic Ejaculation's debut album and devourment's molesting the decapitated.

I'd like some slam with both fast sections and those great slow slamming parts. I'm also fond drumwork like that on molesting the decapitated, cerebral incubation's gonorrhea nodule mastication and in epicardiectomy's albums. Also, i wouldn't mind some diversity in the vocal department.

I don't have much experience with this genre, so anything you guys rec I will check out, but preferably not too repetitive stuff. Hope you guys can help me out!
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:51 pm 

Z0MBIE wrote:
Lately I've been checking out slamming bdm bands, but I find most of the scene hit or miss. I've tried a handful of bands but only found a few albums that works for me, like Parasitic Ejaculation's debut album and devourment's molesting the decapitated.

I'd like some slam with both fast sections and those great slow slamming parts. I'm also fond drumwork like that on molesting the decapitated, cerebral incubation's gonorrhea nodule mastication and in epicardiectomy's albums. Also, i wouldn't mind some diversity in the vocal department.

I don't have much experience with this genre, so anything you guys rec I will check out, but preferably not too repetitive stuff. Hope you guys can help me out!

I have to recommend 7 H. Target's Fast-Slow Demolition. The production might turn you off but give it a chance. One of my favourites in the slam category.

Nice going with Parasitic Ejaculation, too. :thumbsup:

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:28 pm 

Z0MBIE wrote:

I don't listen to a ton of slam stuff, but it sounds like you might like Short bus pileup. The drumming sounds pretty spot on with Devourment's early works, lots of pace variations and some pretty catchy slam beats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Sm-AgN1tk

Milo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:01 am 

Can someone recommend slow paced finnish death metal with a lot of "crypt melodies"?

Must be slow paced. I don't think this kind of music goes well with blastbeats and thrash rhythms.

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:02 am 

Milo wrote:
Can someone recommend slow paced finnish death metal with a lot of "crypt melodies"?

Must be slow paced. I don't think this kind of music goes well with blastbeats and thrash rhythms.

Are you familiar with God Forsaken's Dismal Gleams of Desolation or Sentenced's Shadows of the Past? Both have their share of faster sections but I believe they may be along the lines of what you're looking for.

Some more obscure stuff:
Caricature - Between Fells
Cerebrum - Grief
Wings - Thorns on Thy Oaken Throne
Disgrace - Inside the Labyrinth of Depression

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:37 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
I have to recommend 7 H. Target's Fast-Slow Demolition. The production might turn you off but give it a chance. One of my favourites in the slam category.

Nice going with Parasitic Ejaculation, too. :thumbsup:

I'm familiar with Fast-Slow Demolition, it's pretty good, but for some reason it starts to bore me halfway through..

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
I don't listen to a ton of slam stuff, but it sounds like you might like Short bus pileup. The drumming sounds pretty spot on with Devourment's early works, lots of pace variations and some pretty catchy slam beats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Sm-AgN1tk

One of my favorite BDM albums actually, I have no idea why I didn't include them in my first post, haha. However, they are exactly what I'm looking for, so I'd you know any similar bands, shoot!

Last.fm

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:02 pm 

This might be a long shot since I'm not too well-versed in slam outside of a select few bands I like, but maybe Coprocephalic's Gluttonous Chunks album (avoid the follow up at all costs, though).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdRjqYgUnrU

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:29 pm 

I did check out that album a while ago, and it didn't do much for me sadly, however i read somewhere that the follow-up were slammier, you don't think it's any good?

Last.fm

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:29 pm 

The follow-up is a big confused cluster of spastic BDM that never goes anywhere. Think Wormed, with absolutely terrible songwriting skills.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:54 pm 

Well that's not what you want.. anyway, still open to any suggestions. Guess I'll keep digging through the dirt for now.

Last.fm

omnishadow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:51 pm 

Despite being a huge fan of melodeath, I don't know many bands playing it in a "Floridian" way since I have yet to get deeper into the scene. Basicaly I'm looking for bands that aren't Gothenburg influenced or keyboard-driven Finnish melodeath. Doesn't need to be strictly melodeath as long as it have a good dose of melody.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:23 pm 

There's a really solid American band called The Absence who would fit that bill really well. Bonus points, they're even from Florida.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Zanzir
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:19 pm 

There is a this sound im really liking these days,it essentially vary between proto slam,NYDM and groovy brutal death metal,but the name dosent really matter..here are a couple of stuff of what im talking about:

Dehumanized - Prophecies Foretold
Malamor - Dead To The World
Pyrexia - System Of The Animal
Internal Bleeding - Voracious Contempt
Skinless - Progression Towards Evil
Any Dying Fetus
ands so on...

Can anybody here hit me with some bands that play in the same style?
And please make it more than two bands because i really cant get enough of it.

PS: lack of technicality is a +.

Aside from that,i want to Suggest this band for straight and simple brutal lovers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M01n19RCzfI

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:54 pm 

Check out criminal element's early material if you like pyrexia and stop at nothing-era dying. Guilty as charged is a thoroughly impressive heap of east coast deathgrind riffs (I'm pretty sure members of dying fetus, pyrexia and suffocation were in that band)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-RKpV7b8edk

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:47 pm 

Zanzir wrote:
There is a this sound im really liking these days,it essentially vary between proto slam,NYDM and groovy brutal death metal,but the name dosent really matter..here are a couple of stuff of what im talking about:

Any Dying Fetus
ands so on...

Aside from that,i want to Suggest this band for straight and simple brutal lovers:

I recall listing stuff along these lines within the last few pages so try checking those links.

Anyways, I keep recommending Decrepitaph for this style.

Zanzir
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:12 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
Zanzir wrote:

Any Dying Fetus
ands so on...

I recall listing stuff along these lines within the last few pages so try checking those links.

Anyways, I keep recommending Decrepitaph for this style.

Well not bad but its..how can i say,too "pure death",too calm,and too much melody (believe it or not:) )
OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
Check out criminal element's early material if you like pyrexia and stop at nothing-era dying. Guilty as charged is a thoroughly impressive heap of east coast deathgrind riffs (I'm pretty sure members of dying fetus, pyrexia and suffocation were in that band)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-RKpV7b8edk

This i like,even though it would be better with growls,but,hey there is groove,so its cool ;)

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:18 am 

Is there any album that can come close to the savage, punishing riffs in Blood Red Throne's Altered Genesis and Affiliated with the Suffering?

Wolfe4386
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:26 pm 

I am looking for some tech death with a strong black metal influence. Some melody (but not an overpowering amount) is a plus. The best way to describe what I'm looking for would be something like necrophagist with a good amount of black metal influenced sections.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:51 pm 

Try Neoplasmah, although it isn't as wanky as Necrophagist. The debut is more blackened than the sophomore but they're both great albums. ;)

Zerstorer1611
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 am 

Anybody could point me out to death metal bands that sound very close to Cannibal Corpse's eaten back to life?

Im kind of a death metal rookie.

Zanzir
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:07 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
Anyone got some grindy yet groovy death metal in the vein of early Dying Fetus around Bathe In Entrails era?

Maybe try Stabwound's Human Boundaries (2004) ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QalyvZC6oWo

overtenmy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:40 pm 

Zerstorer1611 wrote:
Anybody could point me out to death metal bands that sound very close to Cannibal Corpse's eaten back to life?

If you've heard of Cannibal Corpse, I'm sure you're aware of Deicide.
Spoiler: show

There's also Malevolent Creation.

Severe Torture also have a sound similar to Cannibal Corpse.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:35 am 

Zerstorer1611 wrote:

http://youtu.be/4Cm9b-4PP4c
Ten Degrees Colder

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 289  Next