* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nguruvilu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:42 am 

Viral wrote:
rexxz wrote:
Ok, how about Morpheus Descends? I'd place them even higher than Baphomet, which is by no means an insult to them.

Great band. Ritual of Infinity is a monster of an album. Too bad I can't find it anywhere.

http://darkhorizon666.com/Home.htm has it, though I have yet to order anything from here so I can't tell you how the service is.

fiercetroll
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:37 am 

Hybrid_Killer wrote:
Viral wrote:
rexxz wrote:
Ok, how about Morpheus Descends? I'd place them even higher than Baphomet, which is by no means an insult to them.

Great band. Ritual of Infinity is a monster of an album. Too bad I can't find it anywhere.

True, I've actually forgotten about getting into this band after trying and failing to locate a copy of either of their albums.

I remember seeing a few underground Aussie distros with it for $10 which is a good price for such an album but you'll probably have to find it

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:04 pm 

looking for some "sing along" death metal. Like Deicide songs Serpents of the light and THey are the children of the underworld. I bought the Deicide album Serpents of the light, and found it decent, and am looking for more albums that sound similar to it

secretninja
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:11 pm 

Can I have something that balances melodic and brutal, like In Flames?
Or something with a lot of double bass and blast beats.

Stay cool.

Cephalopod wrote:
He thinks the gorillas 4 arms and dexterity will save it. I'm skeptical

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:16 pm 

secretninja wrote:
Can I have something that balances melodic and brutal, like In Flames?

Arsis, Dark Tranquility, Arch Enemy, At the Gates, Disarmonia Mundi. Those are the first names that come to my mind

Wra1th1s
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:19 pm 

secretninja wrote:
Or something with a lot of double bass and blast beats.

Master. In particular their album On the Seventh Day God Created... has the most ridiculous, yet completely fucking awesome, double bass runs.
we sail across the sea!

phili666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:58 pm 

anyone know any melodic death like intestine baalism?

you know they have lots of melody but have a deep, almost brutal death vocalist

secretninja
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:12 pm 

cool, thanks man/men.
Stay cool.

Cephalopod wrote:
He thinks the gorillas 4 arms and dexterity will save it. I'm skeptical

Innovacious_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:15 pm 

Ok guys i need some help. I need to find some melodic death metal bands that arnt bordering on the edge of metalcore like most of the new ones ive come across.

Im not against metalcore really, ill listen to it when i need something a little softer to listen to but thats not what im after right now.

So basically im looking for some bands that are closer to the death metal end of the genre or even some death metal bands that have some melodic parts in their songs. My current melo death collection is pretty much all from one source. I "aquired" a 2000+ song playlist after i started getting into it. I already had quite a few albums that were in the playlist but after i "aquired" it i noticed alot of it was bordering metalcore or other softer genres so now im after more. The playlist also included dethklok so it wasnt the greatest one ever.

phili666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:21 pm 

Innovacious_ wrote:
Ok guys i need some help. I need to find some melodic death metal bands that arnt bordering on the edge of metalcore like most of the new ones ive come across.

Im not against metalcore really, ill listen to it when i need something a little softer to listen to but thats not what im after right now.

So basically im looking for some bands that are closer to the death metal end of the genre or even some death metal bands that have some melodic parts in their songs. My current melo death collection is pretty much all from one source. I "aquired" a 2000+ song playlist after i started getting into it. I already had quite a few albums that were in the playlist but after i "aquired" it i noticed alot of it was bordering metalcore or other softer genres so now im after more. The playlist also included dethklok so it wasnt the greatest one ever.

get "banquet in the darkness" by intestine baalism, its just what you need

i'd also recommend "At Dusk And Forever" by gates of ishtar

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:03 am 

megahassan wrote:
looking for some "sing along" death metal. Like Deicide songs Serpents of the light and THey are the children of the underworld. I bought the Deicide album Serpents of the light, and found it decent, and am looking for more albums that sound similar to it

still waiting :P

Innovacious_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:50 am 

phili666 wrote:
Innovacious_ wrote:

get "banquet in the darkness" by intestine baalism, its just what you need

i'd also recommend "At Dusk And Forever" by gates of ishtar

i already have the gates of ishtar one, ill check out intestine baalism though, thanks.

Nguruvilu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:26 am 

Innovacious_ wrote:

Mi'Gauss possibly. Pretty melodic death metal, but not in a weak sort of way. This is, of course, all subjective.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:31 am 

megahassan wrote:
megahassan wrote:

still waiting :P

hhmm, give Aeon a try http://www.myspace.com/aeon666

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:29 am 

Check out Apophis. There's a review that says "melodic death metal the way it should be done" or something like that (not that I agree with it completely, but it seems like the thing you're looking for).
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

J1993B
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:09 pm 

can someone please recommend me a old school brutal death metal band with a large discography. (I like variety in a band's work).
Poetry

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:35 pm 

Sinvocation wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
Sinvocation wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
So how good is that Arghoslent? I sort of fell out of liking them a while ago, and if the new album is really fantastic then maybe I should check it out anyway.

It's good, but it's nowhere near as good as the previous albums. It seems more black metalish this time around, but with more melody than before. I don't want more melody, I want riffs! The riffs are decent, but just not as gratifying as before. IB is still supreme.

Hmm, well that sucks. Guess no band can keep it up forever, though.

It's still a good album, I think what I said was a little too harsh. Everyone else seems to be calling it their favorite Arghoslent yet, so.....

Yeah uh, it's not like the new album is a sellout or anything. It's close to the same quality as all of their material, worthy successor to IB.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

NNeverland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:11 pm 

Well... Insanity plan to release a brand new album coming out soon called "Visions of Apocalypse"

After death of drummer Bud Mills they keep on working. I just want to remind.

http://www.myspace.com/insanity

Asamaniac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:17 pm 

J1993B wrote:
can someone please recommend me a old school brutal death metal band with a large discography. (I like variety in a band's work).
Nun Slaughter is something you might be interested in. Old school primitive Death Metal...

J1993B
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:55 pm 

Asamaniac wrote:
J1993B wrote:
Nun Slaughter is something you might be interested in. Old school primitive Death Metal...

Already heard them.

I've also heard Krisiun, Cannibal Corpse, Vader, etc.
Poetry

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:18 pm 

J1993B wrote:
Asamaniac wrote:
J1993B wrote:

Already heard them.

I've also heard Krisiun, Cannibal Corpse, Vader, etc.

You could try Gorefest. Their latest album, even though it has modern production, has that old-school feel about it. And it kicks arse, too. Their earlier albums are good, too, if not better. False/Erase is where it's at.

EDIT: I just saw you meant brutal death. Ignore my post if you wish.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Underkill
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:10 pm 

Could someone recommend me something similar to Fleshcrawl's 'Descend into the Absurd' but perahps more doomier/slower please. I have a fetish for doomy old school death metal btw

MMM88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 pm 

Underkill wrote:
Could someone recommend me something similar to Fleshcrawl's 'Descend into the Absurd' but perahps more doomier/slower please. I have a fetish for doomy old school death metal btw

I havent listenned to that album but those are some Doom/Death recommendations:

Mental Funeral
Disembowlement (Doom/Death with Psychedelic influences.. a pretty unique band)
Winter - Into Darkness (a lost classic!!)
Evoken
Mindrot (not Death/Doom but a pretty brutal and heavy as hell Doom band)

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 pm 

Any recs for Brutal Death Metal? I need to expand my collection a little further.

Asamaniac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:09 am 

iAm wrote:
Any recs for Brutal Death Metal? I need to expand my collection a little further.
You can check out Origin, Spawn Of Possession, Decrepit Birth, Devourment, Prostitute Disfigurement, Cryptopsy... These are some bands I can think of right now.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:28 am 

megahassan wrote:

Somehow i like to growl along with Altars of madness songs by Morbid angel, maybe you'll join me. :p

edit: i'm sure it doesn't sound similar but if that's not a problem, you might like it. :)

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:16 am 

Asamaniac wrote:
iAm wrote:
You can check out Origin, Spawn Of Possession, Decrepit Birth, Devourment, Prostitute Disfigurement, Cryptopsy... These are some bands I can think of right now.

Unique Leader has had a worthy staple of bands. Go for Internal Suffering, Inveracity, Hour of Penance, Beheaded, Gorgasm, or Pyaemia. The latest Internal Suffering album is simply shattering. I'd really go and get if you like you're death metal in the Origin/Kataklysm mold.

phili666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:01 am 

iAm wrote:

the monolith deathcult
kronos
prostitute disfigurement

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:16 am 

Rippingheadache wrote:
Asamaniac wrote:
iAm wrote:

Unique Leader has had a worthy staple of bands. Go for Internal Suffering, Inveracity, Hour of Penance, Beheaded, Gorgasm, or Pyaemia. The latest Internal Suffering album is simply shattering. I'd really go and get if you like you're death metal in the Origin/Kataklysm mold.

and inherit disease, bloodred throne

Underkill
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:55 am 

MMM88 wrote:
Underkill wrote:

I havent listenned to that album but those are some Doom/Death recommendations:

Mental Funeral
Winter - Into Darkness (a lost classic!!)
Evoken
Mindrot (not Death/Doom but a pretty brutal and heavy as hell Doom band)

I have already got cd's by diSEMBOWELMENT and Winter. I already know of Evoken and Mindrot. Thanks anyway!

I'm looking for crushing doomy swedish style death metal.

Solution7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:29 pm 

Hey guys, can anyone show me some good melodic death metal bands? Maybe something along the lines of Norther or Wintersun?

Shadoeking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:23 pm 

Solution7 wrote:
Hey guys, can anyone show me some good melodic death metal bands? Maybe something along the lines of Norther or Wintersun?

Well since you named Norther, I would assume that you are aware of Kalmah. If not, I would definitely check them out. Also Skyfire is a pretty decent band that in my opinion sounds a lot like these groups.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:55 pm 

Asamaniac wrote:
iAm wrote:

I thought Cryptopsy and SoP were Tech Death
:scratch:

Thanks for the other recs though, I'll be shure to listen to those and all the others posted.

Wra1th1s
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:05 am 

megahassan wrote:

Nile's Annihilation of the Wicked has a few sing-along tracks. I'm particularly fond of growling along to "CAAAAST! DOWWWN! THEEE!! HERETIIIIIIC!!!"
we sail across the sea!

MaliciousAwesome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:17 am 

J1993B wrote:

Maybe Jungle Rot. They've got a few cd's out. They might not be varied.. but still awesome.

darkseeker11
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:55 am 

What is some really raw death metal in the vein of the old CC/MA stuff? Could be any kind of death metal.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:07 am 

darkseeker11 wrote:
What is some really raw death metal in the vein of the old CC/MA stuff? Could be any kind of death metal.

you might like Sinister - Cross the Styx.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:17 am 

MMM88 wrote:

What... the fuck?

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:27 am 

Can anyone recommand me old school death metal with a very dark, demonic sound? stuff similar to early Sepultura, Necrovore, Necrophobic ect? as less melody as possible please. I don't mind production and lyrics must be in english. :)

Thanks in advance!

Innovacious_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:46 am 

Solution7 wrote:

imperanon maybe? They only ever released one full length album and have split up now but they were good. One of wintersuns guitarists was in it aswell.

http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=11463

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 290  Next