Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:38 pm 

Haunted is pretty rad, no doubt. Early SFU is decent but the rest of their output is generally known as the worst garbage humanity ever shat out.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:27 am 

Speaking of SFU, they just released a "best of" :lol:
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Six-Feet-Un ... atest+hits

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:56 am 

Dudes I need some 'semi-melodic' deathgrind in the vein of modern Benighted. Something chaotic & grindy with emphasis of death metal technicality & 'turn on a dime' songwriting along with a few decent melodic passages in between. For example:

Never got into this band but holy shit, it's all over the place & I love it

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:19 pm 

The description you gave makes me think of Lykathea Aflame but it really doesn't sound like either of those shitty bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eimRwSbq2bk

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:13 pm 

blarg223 wrote:
The description you gave makes me think of Lykathea Aflame but it really doesn't sound like either of those shitty bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eimRwSbq2bk

Goddamnit, you always have to shit on everything I post? :lol: :grr:
Anyway, I've heard the band you're suggesting.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:30 pm 

It's not my fault you posted a metalcore band claiming they were technical deathgrind.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:34 am 

blarg223 wrote:
It's not my fault you posted a metalcore band claiming they were technical deathgrind.

Agonist: yes, I just like ONE song
Benighted: fuck no

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:20 pm 

Sorry guys, but 'melodic' it's not a word to be related to Benighted... in the meantime their next album it's still near to become a violence classic.

"You make it easy."

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:10 am 

So I've been listening to On Thorns I Lay's Orama since yesterday and it's some cool Greek atmospheric death metal that definitely makes me think of early Septic Flesh somewhat.

Haddock666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:57 pm 

Been listening a lot of 80's death metal demos lately, like that raw and more primitive sound.

Pedophile SS. Improvised noisecore
http://pedophiless.bandcamp.com/

Catholic Bastards. Hardcore/crust punk
http://catholicbastards.bandcamp.com/

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 pm 

You should check out the diabolous metal blog- it's where I find all kinds of old Death Metal demos.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:30 pm 

Haddock666 well you got Abhorrence on your doorstep.

Also check out the Order from Chaos demos. And the rest of their discography if needed.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Forbinator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:45 pm 

I'm looking for death metal that has riffing style similar to Anaal Nathrakh's best "chug" moments on albums such as "In the Constellation of the Black Widow", "Vanitas" and "The Whole of the Law". I'm really a black metal listener, but it's occurred to me that much of what appeals to me about Anaal Nathrakh is probably death metal technique, although I haven't paid much attention to any death metal for about 12 years. I still very much enjoy Immolation, Entombed, Dismember and some Cryptopsy. If the recommended bands could also have a bit of vocal dynamic range that would also be great.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:31 am 

Forbinator wrote:
I'm looking for death metal that has riffing style similar to Anaal Nathrakh's best "chug" moments on albums such as "In the Constellation of the Black Widow", "Vanitas" and "The Whole of the Law". I'm really a black metal listener, but it's occurred to me that much of what appeals to me about Anaal Nathrakh is probably death metal technique, although I haven't paid much attention to any death metal for about 12 years. I still very much enjoy Immolation, Entombed, Dismember and some Cryptopsy. If the recommended bands could also have a bit of vocal dynamic range that would also be great.

Not sure if this helps but if you are looking for something similar to Anaal Nathrakh you should give these bands a shot:

Fukpig (kind of obvious but side-project of Dave Cunt)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLE2EJDBRkM

Rage Nucleaire ('epic' riffing, industrial-sounding drums & Lord Worm on vocals)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2kONK ... rv4TAYaFgh

Kunstzone
(their latest album definitely gives me some AN vibes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q5FCKZlv3Q&t=938s

Iron Son (surprisingly legit/original industrial metalcore produced by Mick Kenney, lots of AN influence)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj_eDEFFZwM&t=64s

Khonsu (there is a lot going on here but their heavier moments remind me of AN)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t1syMCej6M&t=1286s

Last edited by IamDBR on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:37 pm 

Haddock666 wrote:
Been listening a lot of 80's death metal demos lately, like that raw and more primitive sound.

You (and everyone else) MUST check out Incubus (Florida) if you don't already know them!

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:36 am 

I know is a bit difficult to find, but can someone suggest me worship/clone bands of Edge Of Sanity?

(please no 'similar artists' stated on the band's MA page)

"You make it easy."

Forbinator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:38 pm 

IamDBR wrote:

Kunstzone
(their latest album definitely gives me some AN vibes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q5FCKZlv3Q&t=938s

Thanks, this is pretty awesome so far! Definitely some AN vibes but pretty groundbreaking as well. The other recs you provided are interesting as well but just a bit lacking in enduring qualities and vocal power/dynamics.

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:48 pm 

Hi. I'm looking for really dumb, slammy death metal that I can just listen to and enjoy without thinking about it too much.

Warlord Wossman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:50 am 

Foxx wrote:
Hi. I'm looking for really dumb, slammy death metal that I can just listen to and enjoy without thinking about it too much.

Just go to the youtube channel "slam worldwide" and click all the things, most of them are pretty straight forward boring and repetitive slam DM releases. But hey that's what you asked for - right?
Might sound a bit harsh but I can hardly sit through a Kraanium album for example, seems like I enjoy bands that mix in BDM and tech DM.

I have to say that even if I am not too much of a slam DM fan in general I would recommend Pighead (Rotten Body Reanimation), Analepsy, Abominable Putridity and Breeding Filth tho if you want to have some bands that actually create interesting content in that genre.

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:00 am 

Warlord Wossman wrote:
Foxx wrote:

Might sound a bit harsh but I can hardly sit through a Kraanium album for example, seems like I enjoy bands that mix in BDM and tech DM.

Then why bother responding to my request if you think what I'm asking for is not worthwhile?

Edit: not that I'm trying to start shit; just wondering why you bothered to write something in such a negative tone.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:31 pm 

Just came across Sarpantinum, mind fucking blown holy shit!
Death metal with triumphant, epic riffing, tech death precision & brutal death sort of chaotic wall of sound. Plus the lyrics are about crusades & whatnot. Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqOkWTFmC6w
---------------------------------------------------------------
As for dumb slamz, how about:
Vulvodynia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DfrRNZp2Ag&t=17s

Ingested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3-37QScS6Y&t=14s

Epicardiectomy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCtA5GPp28

Coprocephalic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs3MmzhwuMY

Malodorous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLbQXzPF-w

Gravitational Distortion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRmvwzWFP5I&t=1165s

I tried mixing it up a little (who am I kidding, every slam band sounds the same :lol: ), hope you like it.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:44 pm 

Sarpanitum rules. Members of Mithras with them.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:47 pm 

Foxx wrote:

Operation Cunt Destroyer is a must for you!

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:07 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
Foxx wrote:

Operation Cunt Destroyer is a must for you!

That works :)

IcIkte
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:41 pm 

Looking for Death Metal with slightly odd veering qualities akin to Aevangelist & Howls of Ebb.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:33 am 

God you people fucking suck at giving slam recs. Nothing but generic, watered down trash that insults the genre, and wannabe slamcore trend shit or bands that aren't even related remotely to slam like Breeding Filth. next you'll be telling him to try Acrania or something even worse. Here's some actual caveman slam:

Devourment
Cerebral Incubation
Epicardiectomy
Cephalotripsy
Pighead
Kraanium
Begging for Incest
Rest in Gore
Korpse (dutch one)
Abominable Putridity
Katalepsy (early stuff)
Vulvectomy
Visceral Disgorge
Internal Bleeding
Amputated
Gorevent
Vomit Remnants
Human Rejection
Short Bus Pile Up
Engutturalment Cephaloslamectomy
Soils of Fate
MP5k
Sick
Artery Eruption
Infertile Surrogacy
Hymenotomy
Inhuman Dissilency
Dripping
Digested Flesh
Afterbirth
Repudilation
Infernal Revulsion
Extermination Dismemberment
Maximize Bestiality
Aborted Fetus
Urethral Defecation
Glossectomy
Disconformity
Sect of Execration
Urogenital Macrophage
Human Mastication
Down from the Wound
Pus Vomit
Dysentery
Awaiting the Autopsy
Cumbeast
Engorgement
Fermented Masturbation
Diphenylchlorarisine
Filial Cannibalism
Myocardial Infarction
Disfigurement of Flesh
Morphogenetic Malformation
Medic Vomiting Pus
Traumatomy
Syphilectomy
Embryectomy
Guttural Corpora Cavernosa
Gutfed
Cranial Osteotomy
Cerebral Engorgement
Coprocephalic
Pighead
Vomitous
Visceral Disorder
Devour the Unborn
The Dark Prison Massacre
Necromorphic Irruption
Bodysnatch
Jenovavirus
Internal Devour
Splattered
Party Cannon

If you aren't drooling on yourself after that list, I'll be shocked.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:42 pm 

Hmm weird, off-kilter black/death metal, huh? Lemme see what I can come up with:

Ur Draugr
Hic Iacet
Fuoco Fatuo
Malthusian
Emptiness
Irkallian Oracle
Lvcifyre
Maveth
Lantern
Zhrine

Go a couple pages back and look at the caverncore list I drew up for someone, probably some weird shit you'd like in there. Any clarifications on what exactly you're looking for might help.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:29 am 

^That was me, thanks by the way. And there's a couple that have slipped by me in that list too. I'll have to check them out.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:24 am 

I finally got into the only Molested full-lenght.
the production was a big obstacle at first but it's probably the most off-kilter death metal i've ever listened: the riffs and the drums are twisted, insane and seem almost out of control
..also the few confusing folk interludes help to make the album sound even more dark and demented.

In short, it's a must-hear! I've never been this excited from a death metal relase since i've heard None so Vile :)

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:16 am 

Molested is a GREAT rec for weird death metal!! A lot of Norwegian death metal is that uneasy, off-center type death metal, bands like Diskord, Reptilian, etc. Another band that I thought of you might like is Nauseant, a Swedish band that sounds as close to Demilich as any band I've ever heard. Along the same lines, there's been a sudden springing up of bands that draw a fair amount of influence from weird DM pioneers Timeghoul as well as Demilich, along with other stalwarts of the Finnish scene like Adramalech. Check out Chthe'ilist, Blood Incantation, Cosmic Atrophy, Zealotry, and Nucleus if that sounds appealing to you.

Another great one you should try is Infester, who released this weirdly suffocating and terrifying album in I think '94 then basically disappeared. This is RETARDEDLY hard to find for less than $150, but thankfully, Martyrdoom is reissuing it next month.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:26 pm 

blarg223 wrote:
Long list

A lot of those bands aren't just simple slam though. They mix in weird elements or regular brutal death, although they are largely slam.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:31 pm 

IcIkte wrote:
Looking for Death Metal with slightly odd veering qualities akin to Aevangelist & Howls of Ebb.

A lot of weird, off the wall riffing.

Like Aevangelist, Portal influenced, but a lot of weird riffing.

Another black/death band that is quite Portal influenced

Very strong black/death metal

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:46 pm 

The majority are extremely slam focused. Sure, a couple like Jenovavirus or Dripping add weird shit, but I figured anyone looking for quality slammage would enjoy it. If he wants only pure slam the entire time, I can count the number of bands that do it without sounding like fags on 2 hands. I gave a fairly comprehensive list of slam-centered BDM that I think anyone looking for guttural, Neanderthalic music would be happy about.

You named one of the trendiest, most bullshit deathcore-in-disguise-as-slam bands anyway, so swerve.

Boychev
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:44 am 

Can anybody help me find more DARKTHRONE inspired death metal? I find Soulside Journey to be the best death metal album ever released, nothing else, including the bands like AUTOPSY and DEATH who influenced them, nothing quite hits the spot like that album. I already know OBLITERATION, EXECRATION, and MORBUS CHRON before they went psychedelic, but cannot seem to find anything else in the same vein. I like the immense, monolithic, cosmic atmosphere of this style, I like the cram-as-many-riffs-as-possible-in-there approach, and I love the super diverse drumming on Soulside Journey.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:10 am 

Check the above 2 bands that I posted, Nauseant and Molested, as well as the others I mentioned in that comment. Other than ones already mentioned, I don't know much that sounds like them, as that's a pretty unique album.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:10 pm 

Boychev wrote:
Can anybody help me find more DARKTHRONE inspired death metal? I find Soulside Journey to be the best death metal album ever released, nothing else, including the bands like AUTOPSY and DEATH who influenced them, nothing quite hits the spot like that album. I already know OBLITERATION, EXECRATION, and MORBUS CHRON before they went psychedelic, but cannot seem to find anything else in the same vein. I like the immense, monolithic, cosmic atmosphere of this style, I like the cram-as-many-riffs-as-possible-in-there approach, and I love the super diverse drumming on Soulside Journey.

Closest I can think of right now:

The Chasm

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/The_Chasm/410
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVctUlaKBgY

Timeghoul

http://www.metal-archives.com/search?se ... =band_name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrgVbI_8g3o

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:33 pm 

blarg223 wrote:
The majority are extremely slam focused. Sure, a couple like Jenovavirus or Dripping add weird shit, but I figured anyone looking for quality slammage would enjoy it. If he wants only pure slam the entire time, I can count the number of bands that do it without sounding like fags on 2 hands. I gave a fairly comprehensive list of slam-centered BDM that I think anyone looking for guttural, Neanderthalic music would be happy about.

You named one of the trendiest, most bullshit deathcore-in-disguise-as-slam bands anyway, so swerve.

Not here to argue, but I know that band is fairly popular in the community, and it fit his request, and he liked it. If he doesn't like it then that is fine, but I don't carry a superiority complex based on how many bands I know, and act like a turd over it.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:54 am 

Most songs on the album don't sound that much like Darkthrone, but this song could be on Soulside Journey, one hundred percent:

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:35 am 

blarg223 wrote:
God you people fucking suck at giving slam recs. Nothing but generic, watered down trash that insults the genre, and wannabe slamcore trend shit or bands that aren't even related remotely to slam like Breeding Filth. next you'll be telling him to try Acrania or something even worse.

You must've missed the part where the requester said "that works" to one of those recs before disappearing up your own arse. That's a huge list of slammy death metal though, so props for that. You might want to say a few words about each bands next time, or at least the ones that are somewhat different.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:57 pm 

I just hate that band a lot. I hate most of the "slam" that comes out these days. It's processed, trendy fucking crap that has no weight to it. No offense meant, I just didn't think the part of saying my recs weren't accurate when you gave what I consider to be one of the most ill-fitting bands. I really don't care if he said "that works", it's still a shitty rec. Also, I was at work, didn't really have time to write up a piece on any of the bands, was just kinda throwing ideas out there.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254 ... 290  Next