Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:56 pm 

Ratslayer420 wrote:
Looking to find sum new brutal death metal, everything off the new standard elite record label is hella poppin!! Virulence, Goregasm, Hymenotomy, and iniquitous deeds to name a few off that label that I really enjoyed, but always looking to broaden the horizon. Some other brutal death metal I enjoyed septycal gorge, dark prison massacre, terrordrome, any new suggestions would be much appreciated.

Vomit of Torture, Analepsy (Prt), Unmerciful (new album just came out), Slamentation, 7h Target, Mass Infection, Inveracity, No One Gets out Alive (I really dig the 2016 album; banjo bluegrass slam for the win), and Disentomb are all newer brutal death I would recommend.

Sevared Records is another label specializing mostly in brutal death you should check out. A lot of good stuff has been coming out of that label.
http://www.metal-archives.com/labels/Sevared_Records/36

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:50 am 

Looking for OSDM bands with a "weird" sound like Infester or Sororicide, but NOTHING of the kind of stuff Sigh fans would call "weird" like clean vocals or jazz parts or whatever random shit. Just OSDM with a strange touch to it.

Not sure I have to mention it, but I'm only thinking of actual OSDM, no retro death.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:33 am 

droneriot wrote:
Looking for OSDM bands with a "weird" sound like Infester or Sororicide, but NOTHING of the kind of stuff Sigh fans would call "weird" like clean vocals or jazz parts or whatever random shit. Just OSDM with a strange touch to it.

Not sure I have to mention it, but I'm only thinking of actual OSDM, no retro death.

Though you may be familiar with the early 90's death metal scene, you may not be familiar with Plegethon

U472439
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:43 am 

Infester sound pretty unique to me, but at times I hear some old school Finnish vibe to what they do, so if you don't already know bands like Rippikoulu or Abhorrence, you should check them out.

For just general OSDM weirdness, you can't beat Demilich, and Timeghoul also cool. Not sure those guys sound exactly like Infester, but they're certainly weird (and good) OSDM.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:29 pm 

Jordzy2j wrote:
Vulvodynia are from my home town; I'm friends with the guitarist. Nice to see they're getting noticed!

Tell your guitarist friend that his band is doing a damn fine job!

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:00 pm 

This is going to sound a little weird since I may not be familiar with the terminology, but bear with me.

I'm looking for death metal songs that have riffs with a "semi-quaver" feel to it, but with three notes and one "rest." I'm currently enjoying that kind of feel for some reason and I'm curious as to what songs are out there that have this kind of riff to it.

To illustrate what I'm saying, at 3:30 on Brutus's "Grafzerk."
https://youtu.be/hZSdF-D3K34?t=3m29s

Or at :41 on Origin's "Consuming Misery."
https://youtu.be/HP0tR8Dh8Vs?t=40s

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:07 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
This is going to sound a little weird since I may not be familiar with the terminology, but bear with me.

I'm looking for death metal songs that have riffs with a "semi-quaver" feel to it, but with three notes and one "rest." I'm currently enjoying that kind of feel for some reason and I'm curious as to what songs are out there that have this kind of riff to it.

To illustrate what I'm saying, at 3:30 on Brutus's "Grafzerk."
https://youtu.be/hZSdF-D3K34?t=3m29s

Or at :41 on Origin's "Consuming Misery."
https://youtu.be/HP0tR8Dh8Vs?t=40s

Kataklysm's "Shrine of Life" has a really cool example at 4:03. I especially like the slowdown on the third time the riff is played and the syncopated vocals on the second time.
https://youtu.be/h0v3VJ7xlDE?t=4m3s

Also the beginning of their song "Rays of Ra":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-QfFJyIZaA

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:21 pm 

They were cool. I liked the second clip better because it had more of the feel I was looking for. Thanks. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:04 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
They were cool. I liked the second clip better because it had more of the feel I was looking for. Thanks. :)

:thumbsup:

I also remembered another one by them. It's a faster one like the Origin example you posted ("Like Angels Weeping" at 0:40):

https://youtu.be/ZTrRjS2GdAE?t=40s

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:48 am 

I have that album in my collection but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks, though. :) If I find/remember more examples I'll post them.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:54 pm 

Might be an unusual demand but here it goes:

Deathgrind with a technical/progressive/experimental edge in the vein of Cephalic Carnage, Cattle Decapitation etc. Think batshit crazy unorthodox prog/tech death bands with noticeable grind influences.

Osmiumthemetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:07 pm 

Looking for stuff in the vein of real early Necrophobic. You know the kinda stuff I mean, old school DM with a real sinister black metal type atmosphere to it. I'm desperate for this type of stuff at the moment.

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:20 am 

Osmiumthemetal wrote:
Looking for stuff in the vein of real early Necrophobic. You know the kinda stuff I mean, old school DM with a real sinister black metal type atmosphere to it. I'm desperate for this type of stuff at the moment.

Here's a few that may be to your liking, some more obvious than others:

Grotesque - In the Embrace of Evil

Belial - Wisdom of Darkness

Thou Shalt Suffer - Into the Woods of Belial

Darkified - Sleep Forever

Ancient Rites - The Diabolic Serenades

Decrepit - Acrimonium

Osmiumthemetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:55 pm 

Drowned wrote:
Osmiumthemetal wrote:

Here's a few that may be to your liking, some more obvious than others:

Grotesque - In the Embrace of Evil

Belial - Wisdom of Darkness

Thou Shalt Suffer - Into the Woods of Belial

Darkified - Sleep Forever

Ancient Rites - The Diabolic Serenades

Decrepit - Acrimonium

Thank ya dude, just the kinda stuff I was looking for. :) If you got any more, don't be afraid to post them.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:10 pm 

If you liked Belial you should definitely give Mythos' Pain Amplifier a shot.

IamDBR wrote:

Deathgrind with a technical/progressive/experimental edge in the vein of Cephalic Carnage, Cattle Decapitation etc. Think batshit crazy unorthodox prog/tech death bands with noticeable grind influences.

Is Gigan too obvious?!

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:19 am 

Had them bookmarked, completely forgot. Haha! thanks for reminding me. Any other rec to go with that?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:23 pm 

People usually mention later Beyond Terror Beyond Grace alongside Gigan but I'll be frank and say that I've never listened to them, so I have no idea if it fits or not. Still...

Are you familiar with Lykathea Aflame/Appalling Spawn? If not you should give them a go as well. Speaking of Czech weirdos why not give (early) Melancholy Pessimism and !T.O.O.H.! a go too? I think you'll find much to like in these bands. I can tell you that the Czech deathgrind scene is like no other in the world. ;)

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:44 pm 

Osmiumthemetal wrote:

Maybe you should check out Imprecation, a band that is sometimes lumped in with Immolation and Incantation for the name (though not many musical similarities), they got kind of a thing like that going. Also, Sargatanas from Mexico, very blackened very old school death metal.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:42 am 

androdion wrote:
People usually mention later Beyond Terror Beyond Grace alongside Gigan but I'll be frank and say that I've never listened to them, so I have no idea if it fits or not. Still...

Are you familiar with Lykathea Aflame/Appalling Spawn? If not you should give them a go as well. Speaking of Czech weirdos why not give (early) Melancholy Pessimism and !T.O.O.H.! a go too? I think you'll find much to like in these bands. I can tell you that the Czech deathgrind scene is like no other in the world. ;)

I have definitely heard some of those names but never got around to listening them, again things just tend to get lost in the shuffle...ah the struggle. Thanks though!

PS: My previous request went ignored maybe because it was way too unusual. Here it goes again nonetheless, I've been looking for a band like Nile, Melechesh, Behemoth etc. that uses oriental/middle-eastern melodies but with a jihadi/terrorist sort of vibe running through the overall presentation, themes and lyrics. Imagine shady Arabic dudes spewing shit about beheadings, suicide bombings and whatnot. I'm sure somebody somewhere has done this sort of thing, it's too perfect as a death metal concept...in my mind atleast.

Perhaps something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y38LSKONET4.....Al Jihaaaaaaaaaaadddd! Haha!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:08 am 

IamDBR wrote:
androdion wrote:

I have definitely heard some of those names but never got around to listening them, again things just tend to get lost in the shuffle...ah the struggle. Thanks though!

PS: My previous request went ignored maybe because it was way too unusual. Here it goes again nonetheless, I've been looking for a band like Nile, Melechesh, Behemoth etc. that uses oriental/middle-eastern melodies but with a jihadi/terrorist sort of vibe running through the overall presentation, themes and lyrics. Imagine shady Arabic dudes spewing shit about beheadings, suicide bombings and whatnot. I'm sure somebody somewhere has done this sort of thing, it's too perfect as a death metal concept...in my mind atleast.

Perhaps something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y38LSKONET4.....Al Jihaaaaaaaaaaadddd! Haha!

Get to work mate! ;)

Well, that request is really really specific. I know what you're after, the "preachy" stuff and all, but I can't think of anything that sounds completely like what you want. Calm Hatchery have a bit of the flair you're after in playing terms but none of the atmosphere of the song you listed nor the lyrical content. I don't know man, maybe you should put this request in the black metal thread and see if there's some black/death crossover that may fit your needs.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:22 am 

As a matter of fact, I am thinking about that, even started practicing drum beats, vocals and all that good stuff, one day maybe!

Also thanks for the rec and suggestion.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:29 am 

No problem mate. :)

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:21 am 

IamDBR wrote:

I've got a ton of recs as this style is my favorite in all of extreme metal. Definitely seconding Gigan, but also check out the following:

Antigama
Pyrrhon
Crowpath
Gridlink
Noisear
Discordance Axis
Hivesmasher
Human Remains
Fuck the Facts
The Red Chord
Sulaco
Contrastic

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:46 am 

Have heard a few of these but it seems I have alot of digging to do! Thanks alot!

Edit: Fuck the Facts, Antigama are pretty fucking good, checking out the others too.

Edit 2: Pyrrhon is some excellent Ulcerate/Gorguts caliber dissonant mindfuck. Found out Gaza https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCQhjEaD8Lo while looking around, top-notch stuff.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:02 pm 

IamDBR wrote:
Found out Gaza https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCQhjEaD8Lo while looking around, top-notch stuff.

FYI there's also a band called Cult Leader that's basically the continuation of Gaza.

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:51 pm 

Glad you're enjoying them, IamDBR. I've got a few more that slipped my mind.

Maruta - Spastic and techy death/grind with a pronounced sludge influence.

Flourishing - Really cool progressive death/grind with a bit of a post-metal bent to it. Resembles a more laidback version of Ulcerate and Pyrrhon but in a good way.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:28 am 

Thanks for all the great recs fellas!

Also, can anybody confirm if The Red Chord are done for good considering the vocalist is a cop now?

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:00 am 

IamDBR wrote:
Thanks for all the great recs fellas!

Also, can anybody confirm if The Red Chord are done for good considering the vocalist is a cop now?

Whats that got to do with anything? For Dawn of Azazel (http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dawn_of_Azazel/2949) it just meant more publicity.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:52 am 

I meant to ask if the band is going to continue playing music/tour or are they on hold atm. Also saw the news report on DoA a few days ago and about the publicity thing...sure why not.

Klank95
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:23 am 

TS, you just described Living Sacrifice to a tee. It doesn't get any more brutal. And what really made me fall in love, were the beautiful solos that are placed perfectly. It's almost a trademark with them. Check out the albums, 'Nonexistent' and 'Inhabit'. Those are what you're looking for. 'Reborn', 'Hammering Process', and 'Conceived in Fire' are good too.

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:02 pm 

Where do I start with Vader? They've got a lot of well-reviewed albums on this site.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:04 pm 

theagentcoma wrote:
Where do I start with Vader? They've got a lot of well-reviewed albums on this site.

Litany and De Profundis. ;)

Warlord Wossman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:22 pm 

theagentcoma wrote:

This is really hard to tell imo. I own every album but the first two (they will follow at some point ofc). Back then I first bought "Revelations" when I was 15 so Vader was THE band that got me into Death Metal. Pretty much every album is great in it's own way and I would probably recommend "Impressions in Blood" or "Necropolis" to begin with since they are a little more straight forward and easier to get into at first. If you like it you will learn to love the twists in their other albums as well (which doesn't mean the two named albums are total standard but I think they are better to get an initial feeling on what Vader is about).

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:26 pm 

Looking for fast, noisy and above all RIFFY death metal in the vein of Degial, Vorum's "Current Mouth" EP and/or Obliteration's "Nekropsalms." Hit me.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:23 am 

theagentcoma wrote:

Id start with XXV, as it's a greatest hits album with the songs rerecorded. After that, any newer album, though all the albums are really good.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:33 am 

Inspector_Satan wrote:
Looking for fast, noisy and above all RIFFY death metal in the vein of Degial, Vorum's "Current Mouth" EP and/or Obliteration's "Nekropsalms." Hit me.

Awesome list of bands there. Like 'em all I do...

Here's a couple to have a gander at (unless you're already familiar?).

Ensnared from Sweden I think fit the bill here, with their thrashy, riffy take on death metal. Good stuff. The EP is worth a look.

With Roots Below

Germany's Beyond also maybe? I really dig this 7" - it's fast, noisy and full of riffs. The full length is pretty damn good also.

Treacherous Revelation

Invidious from Sweden offer some cool gear also.

Throne of Death

Have to go now, but more may come to me if these help.

My collection

Warlord Wossman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:53 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Inspector_Satan wrote:

Awesome list of bands there. Like 'em all I do...

Here's a couple to have a gander at (unless you're already familiar?).

Ensnared from Sweden I think fit the bill here, with their thrashy, riffy take on death metal. Good stuff. The EP is worth a look.

With Roots Below

Germany's Beyond also maybe? I really dig this 7" - it's fast, noisy and full of riffs. The full length is pretty damn good also.

Treacherous Revelation

Invidious from Sweden offer some cool gear also.

Throne of Death

Have to go now, but more may come to me if these help.

You are my man CrushedRevelation, really nice list I own the stuff of Vorum, Degial and Beyond myself (Enter Transcendence is amazing I agree, probably my fav 7" next to Charon's "Banished") and Ensnared and Invidious are on my list of things to buy.

I would recommend checking Ambevilence "s/t" to both of you, it's another great release by Sepulchral Voice Rec. (can they release something bad?) and actually the side project of one member of Beyond (you can hear that)

And also Malicious with "Black Fumes" should fit that request really well.

Last edited by Warlord Wossman on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:57 am 

@Crushed: That Ensnared track is pretty much everything I was looking for (and is excellent) but it was Invidious that really blew me away. I already know Beyond but otherwise both excellent recs as always, I'd happily take more if you've got them!

@Warlord: Ambevilence reminded me of a noisier Venenum. Not really what I was expecting but its great, thanks. Malicious was good as well.

Anything else?

Warlord Wossman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:49 am 

Inspector_Satan wrote:
Anything else?

Hm, I think Obscure Burial might be worth checking. They only got two demos out but the second demo called "Epiphany" reminds of Necrovore and Vorum.
I hope they will come up with a full release at some point.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:09 pm 

Death Metal with atmospheric (not symphonic) sound? Think something akin to Septicflesh's less bombastic material.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 290  Next