Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 18591
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:42 pm 
 

colin040 wrote:
The artwork of Tad Morose's upcoming album (to be released in november this year) looks silly as hell. Hopefully the music will be good though. That tune ''A Veil of Cying souls'' or whatever they played live sounded pretty killer. Also the vocalist seems to fit's the band's unique sound pretty well.


Based on the art and song titles, as well as Ronny Hemlin, I think this will be garbage. Hoping the band proves me wrong...
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Curse of the Zodiac

Top
 Profile  
Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:06 pm
Posts: 3640
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:54 pm 
 

Listening to "Narita" after the discussion I saw. Definitely some slick songs here. It was a little hard adjusting to "not-speedy-Thundersteel" Riot, but they're very good at this style as well.

Also holy fuck, the title track is straight up speed metal. I wish I'd known about it when I was writing my article on speed metal...which unfortunately died in a website database crash. :(
_________________
and we are born
from the same womb
and hewn from
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Top
 Profile  
Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 4335
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm 
 

I hereby apologize for every disparaging word I've ever uttered about Screaming for Vengeance. It is the last perfect Priest production.
_________________
I'm livin' for givin' the Devil his due...

Top
 Profile  
Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 679
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:47 pm 
 

Eh. The first four (Plus the title track) are incredible, but I could live without songs like (Take These) Chains and Pain and Pleasure. You've Got Another Thing Comin' is still a fine song, despite being massively overplayed.
_________________
The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Don't need food, I got metal! Don't need air, I got metal! Don't need love, I.... uhhhh.... *cries*

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 18591
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:17 pm 
 

Take These Chains is legit. Pain and Pleasure does kinda suck, but it's the only one on the album that dose. I like that album better than Painkiller.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Curse of the Zodiac

Top
 Profile  
Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 4335
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:20 pm 
 

I think Take These Chains and Pleasure/Pain might be two of the heaviest songs on the album. Not fast, but heavy as a motherfucker.

There's a teasing effect, they don't keep the riffs coming non-stop but when they cut loose it's just incredible.
_________________
I'm livin' for givin' the Devil his due...

Top
 Profile  
Woolie_Wool
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:56 pm
Posts: 1594
Location: Far beyond the prophecy of tyrant guardians
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:36 pm 
 

Trashy_Rambo wrote:
Eh. The first four (Plus the title track) are incredible, but I could live without songs like (Take These) Chains and Pain and Pleasure. You've Got Another Thing Comin' is still a fine song, despite being massively overplayed.

The sound quality is also terrible, like most of their albums with Dave Holland--they're mixed like glam albums with a really weak and artificial quality to the sound. Really Judas Priest's last truly great album IMO was Stained Class. Even Painkiller had a lot more weak moments (especially "A Touch of Evil") than their two '70s classics and a vastly inferior performance from Rob Halford.
_________________
Under_Starmere wrote:
the ballsack was detachable and fitted with a gigantic winch and chain mechanism to bring almighty teabag destruction to invading ships.

Top
 Profile  
Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 am
Posts: 774
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:14 am 
 

To celebrate the release of the Blazon Stone album I hereby showcase the whole grand finale epic track of the album :-D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDTfTnWv6rw

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2027
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:25 am 
 

Rocka_Rollas wrote:
To celebrate the release of the Blazon Stone album I hereby showcase the whole grand finale epic track of the album :-D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDTfTnWv6rw


I really like that. Very reminiscent of the Running Wild epics to me (which I guess was the point). The vocals are awesome too! Guess it has to go on the "to buy" list. But I also hope it has some speedy killers on there (in fact I hope the whole album alternates between speedy killers and mid-paced crushers).

Top
 Profile  
Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 am
Posts: 774
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:26 am 
 

Zdan wrote:
Rocka_Rollas wrote:
To celebrate the release of the Blazon Stone album I hereby showcase the whole grand finale epic track of the album :-D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDTfTnWv6rw


I really like that. Very reminiscent of the Running Wild epics to me (which I guess was the point). The vocals are awesome too! Guess it has to go on the "to buy" list. But I also hope it has some speedy killers on there (in fact I hope the whole album alternates between speedy killers and mid-paced crushers).


Sure, there's plenty of speeders on the album too ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8T9pDYwRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgkoUyJCHTI

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 6121
Location: Valhalla
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:28 am 
 

So this suddenly happened within a day, but it turns out my friends dads boss is vice president of whatever so I'm going with my friend to see Iron Maiden and Megadeth tomorrow for free, in a private suite/booth.

Please be jealous, because finally I fucking win in Kansas!

:np:

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2027
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:36 am 
 

Rocka_Rollas wrote:


Holy crap! This is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I congratulate you sir - this really evokes the best, mid-period era Running Wild. I would order it like now but the shipping to Poland is kiliing me. But sooner or later I will buy this.

Top
 Profile  
Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 am
Posts: 774
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:48 am 
 

Xeogred wrote:
So this suddenly happened within a day, but it turns out my friends dads boss is vice president of whatever so I'm going with my friend to see Iron Maiden and Megadeth tomorrow for free, in a private suite/booth.

Please be jealous, because finally I fucking win in Kansas!

:np:

Haha. I'm jealous of Maiden, not so much by Megadeth, but seeing them play Mechanix is still great.
Good luck there!

Top
 Profile  
BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:42 am
Posts: 1623
Location: Ireland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:27 am 
 

Anyone here listened to Lord Fist? Another raw retro heavy metal band for you lads to mull over. Their demo is up for free download too.

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 6121
Location: Valhalla
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:57 pm 
 

Rocka_Rollas wrote:
Xeogred wrote:
So this suddenly happened within a day, but it turns out my friends dads boss is vice president of whatever so I'm going with my friend to see Iron Maiden and Megadeth tomorrow for free, in a private suite/booth.

Please be jealous, because finally I fucking win in Kansas!

:np:

Haha. I'm jealous of Maiden, not so much by Megadeth, but seeing them play Mechanix is still great.
Good luck there!

Haha yeah. I guess Megadeth will give us time to devour some beer beforehand.

Top
 Profile  
Oblarg
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:59 pm
Posts: 2366
Location: The second sea
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:16 pm 
 

So, Terry Gorle apparently found the original tracks for Graceful Inheritance, and he did a new mix of Another Candle. Check it out:

http://www.heirapparent.com/download/Another_Candle.mp3

He says that this was just him playing around, and he'd get a professional to do any official remix, but goddamn this is such a huge improvement over the original mix that I'm almost at a loss for words. It's so damn clear and crisp. Wow.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
manowar are literally five times the band that fates warning are: each member is as good as fates warning alone, then joey's bass solos are like an entire extra fates warning

Top
 Profile  
Milo
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:56 pm
Posts: 478
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:36 am 
 

10+ years after, will there ever be a new Cauldron Born album? MA says the band is still active. Can someone tell the ugly truth once and for all? :(
_________________
Noktorn, on the Holocaustus/Ødelegger split album wrote:
If one was trying to sway Edward Norton away from NS ideologies in 'American History X', I think playing him this CD would do it instantly, because goddamn.

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2027
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 am 
 

Milo wrote:
10+ years after, will there ever be a new Cauldron Born album? MA says the band is still active. Can someone tell the ugly truth once and for all? :(


I think Howie mentioned somewhere that there will a third Cauldron Born album someday. Nobody knows when and who will release it.

Top
 Profile  
Temple Of Blood
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 am
Posts: 389
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 am 
 

Zdan wrote:
Milo wrote:
10+ years after, will there ever be a new Cauldron Born album? MA says the band is still active. Can someone tell the ugly truth once and for all? :(


I think Howie mentioned somewhere that there will a third Cauldron Born album someday. Nobody knows when and who will release it.


I am recording vocal tracks for 3 new CB songs and have recorded 2 already. The final one is a long epic and is a bit more challenging, plus I have a young baby at home now that I am taking care of. The new material is really excellent. I don't think long time fans will be disappointed, because I am a long time fan myself and I think the new stuff is awesome.

My understanding is that Iron on Iron records will be releasing it but you'll have to talk to Howie to get all the correct details.
_________________
TEMPLE OF BLOOD: Intense PowerThrash Metal
Facebook / ReverbNation / Old homepage / MySpace

"A Show of Force" on the way, featuring Kelly Conlon (ex-DEATH) and Andre Corbin (ex-HELSTAR)

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2027
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:22 am 
 

I should have remembered that you would be doing the vocals on the new CB album. That assures that vocals will be awesome. I can only hope the production is good with with the new songs. Anyways - my hopes are very much up.

Top
 Profile  
Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:38 pm
Posts: 148
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 am 
 

The new Cauldron Born EP will be delivered to Iron On Iron as soon as the vocals are finished and we do the final mix. The album was finished with the vocalist from "...And Rome Shall Fall" but there was a problem. When he found out I was letting Iron On Iron reissue the "Swords, Sorcery and Science" demo as bonus tracks on the EP he had a problem with being on the same recording as another singer, so I called Jim who we were already looking at for some possible live gigs and the next Cauldron Born full-length (if it ever sees the light of day). Cauldron Born has the same members as Briton Rites, just Jim Mullis is singing for Cauldron Born and Phil Swanson sings for Briton Rites. The Cauldron Born line-up is:

Jim Mullis-Vocals
Howie Bentley-guitar
Alex Parra Guitar
John Leeson-Bass
Greg Haa-Drums


The new Cauldron Born EP is almost thirty minutes in length and has two new Cauldron Born songs along with the Heavy Load cover "Singing Swords". The title of the EP is "Sword and Sorcery Heavy Metal" and features a killer album cover painted by Lionel Baker II--possibly the best Cauldron Born album cover yet.

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2027
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:32 am 
 

Cauldron_Born wrote:
The new Cauldron Born EP will be delivered to Iron On Iron as soon as the vocals are finished and we do the final mix. The album was finished with the vocalist from "...And Rome Shall Fall" but there was a problem. When he found out I was letting Iron On Iron reissue the "Swords, Sorcery and Science" demo as bonus tracks on the EP he had a problem with being on the same recording as another singer, so I called Jim who we were already looking at for some possible live gigs and the next Cauldron Born full-length (if it ever sees the light of day). Cauldron Born has the same members as Briton Rites, just Jim Mullis is singing for Cauldron Born and Phil Swanson sings for Briton Rites. The Cauldron Born line-up is:

Jim Mullis-Vocals
Howie Bentley-guitar
Alex Parra Guitar
John Leeson-Bass
Greg Haa-Drums


The new Cauldron Born EP is almost thirty minutes in length and has two new Cauldron Born songs along with the Heavy Load cover "Singing Swords". The title of the EP is "Sword and Sorcery Heavy Metal" and features a killer album cover painted by Lionel Baker II--possibly the best Cauldron Born album cover yet.


Very very cool to hear! And a Heavy Load cover - that is all shades of awesome! It is good to hear Cauldron Born paying tribute to one of the first and best epic metal bands of all time. So I take that the "Swords, Sorcery And Science" demo is finally included on the EP as bonus tracks?

Top
 Profile  
Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:38 pm
Posts: 148
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 am 
 

While I am at it. It seems there have been a lot of delays, but my wife became very sick back in December We had to rush her to the emergency room and she had to have two surgeries. She has been staying with her sister while she has been undergoing treatments since February. I am working six days a week and trying to do everything around the house. I work on music when I can.

Right now we are rehearsing with Briton Rites and Greg Haa (Cauldron Born/ Briton Rites drummer) is doing some repairs on the analog equipment that was given to me by my cousin. It is the complete studio that we recorded the "Swords, Sorcery and Science" demo on.
The Briton Rites material is all written, being rehearsed and is practically ready to record once the repairs are finished up on the 32 channel mixing board.

Top
 Profile  
Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:38 pm
Posts: 148
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:41 am 
 

Zdan: Yes the demo will be included. There will be a total of seven tracks on the album.

Top
 Profile  
Temple Of Blood
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 am
Posts: 389
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:49 am 
 

Zdan wrote:
I should have remembered that you would be doing the vocals on the new CB album. That assures that vocals will be awesome. I can only hope the production is good with with the new songs. Anyways - my hopes are very much up.


Thank you very much for the compliment. :)

The production is excellent. It hits really hard and sounds amazing cranked up in the studio. In particular, I really like the drum sound. I'm really looking forward to owning this on vinyl too.

Glad to see Howie join in and give all the official info. :)
_________________
TEMPLE OF BLOOD: Intense PowerThrash Metal
Facebook / ReverbNation / Old homepage / MySpace

"A Show of Force" on the way, featuring Kelly Conlon (ex-DEATH) and Andre Corbin (ex-HELSTAR)

Top
 Profile  
Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:38 pm
Posts: 148
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:55 am 
 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:
I should have remembered that you would be doing the vocals on the new CB album. That assures that vocals will be awesome. I can only hope the production is good with with the new songs. Anyways - my hopes are very much up.


Thank you very much for the compliment. :)

The production is excellent. It hits really hard and sounds amazing cranked up in the studio. In particular, I really like the drum sound. I'm really looking forward to owning this on vinyl too.

Glad to see Howie join in and give all the official info. :)



Thanks for keeping everyone posted Jim. Sometimes I don't get a chance to check the board as much as I want to.

Top
 Profile  
Temple Of Blood
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 am
Posts: 389
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:33 pm 
 

Cauldron_Born wrote:
Thanks for keeping everyone posted Jim. Sometimes I don't get a chance to check the board as much as I want to.


No problem. Didn't wanna speak for you but wanted to give CB fans the bit of info that I know.
_________________
TEMPLE OF BLOOD: Intense PowerThrash Metal
Facebook / ReverbNation / Old homepage / MySpace

"A Show of Force" on the way, featuring Kelly Conlon (ex-DEATH) and Andre Corbin (ex-HELSTAR)

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 3948
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:42 pm 
 

Oh hey, there's a new ReinXeed album out. This news makes me feel so...something.
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5073
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:05 pm 
 

I've got a fiver on it sounding exactly like the last five.

I like Reinxeed plenty, they're a fun, overindulgent band, but the reason Tommy can crank out an album once a year without fail is because despite how fun the music can be, he clearly puts next to zero effort into songwriting.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Arch Enemy - War Eternal

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 18591
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:09 pm 
 

ReinXeed puts out an album? Well hallelujah.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Curse of the Zodiac

Top
 Profile  
The Animator
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:41 am
Posts: 278
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:31 am 
 

I got one ReinXeed album and I think that's good enough for me. I still think its good to leave at least a 1 year gap between each album a band releases (Unless its a 2 part album they have been writing for a few years). Ideally I would say a 3 year gap, but I personally don't mind waiting for a band I like to release an album.

It seems like most bands that try to force an album out every year tend to be rather mediocre. Then there are those screwballs on sites like bandcamp that crank out an album once a month. I realize people like writing/playing music, but one is seriously trying to build a fan base its not a good idea to put out everything you slap together.

Top
 Profile  
Milo
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:56 pm
Posts: 478
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:05 am 
 

Thanks for the updates everybody. Still rooting for the new album!
_________________
Noktorn, on the Holocaustus/Ødelegger split album wrote:
If one was trying to sway Edward Norton away from NS ideologies in 'American History X', I think playing him this CD would do it instantly, because goddamn.

Top
 Profile  
The Animator
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:41 am
Posts: 278
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:11 pm 
 

Anyone here listen to Ilium?
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ilium/4572

They caught my attention a few years back when I heard one of their songs. I think it was "Vespertilion", but at this point I don't remember what it sounds like. Anyway they only have one review here and I just wondered if anyone thought they were worth checking out.

Top
 Profile  
Aydross
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:21 pm
Posts: 161
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:13 pm 
 

Oblarg wrote:
So, Terry Gorle apparently found the original tracks for Graceful Inheritance, and he did a new mix of Another Candle. Check it out:

http://www.heirapparent.com/download/Another_Candle.mp3

He says that this was just him playing around, and he'd get a professional to do any official remix, but goddamn this is such a huge improvement over the original mix that I'm almost at a loss for words. It's so damn clear and crisp. Wow.


A remastered Graceful Inheritance? That would be amazing. The songwriting and vocal work are very good, but the sound quality is shit.

And fuck that album cover.
_________________
...Don't turn out the lights
Cause there's demons in the night
And they prey on the fears in us all...

Top
 Profile  
DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 3813
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 pm 
 

Remastered Graceful Inheritance would be dope of course, but what would be dope is if Gorle got something up and running for ripping new albums in the vein of that classic record. Would be an amazing addition to the lineup of festivals like KIT and HOA too.

Meanwhile, how the fuck did i sleep on Menace's 'Metal Lethal' which was apparently released last year. Now i'll admit i'm not the most rabid, pouncing, in-the-know follower of everything when it comes to snapping up all the new releases as soon as they hit the streets, but I remember listening to Quake Metal by those guys years ago, loving it, and repeatedly checking their MA page to find their status as broken up, and never seeing any news of them doing anything else which i thought was a damn shame. I was then putting them on youtube at my guitarist's place the other day to show him the band, we brought up their MA page, and much to my surprise, they had a FULL LENGTH album there released last year. I was stoked, and have been non-stop bangin' it ever since. Perhaps if i had visited here as frequently as i used to, I would have been in the know earlier. Did you guys discuss this in my absence? Do many of you guys dig this band?
_________________
Razorwyre:
promo track track from 'Another Dimension' LP
"The best speed metal album of the year"

The Sick Room:Heavy Metal Radio, Reviews, Glorification, and Nudity

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4699
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:07 pm 
 

Looking forward to the new Cauldron Born and Briton Rites albums. I met Phil at the second one of the Liege Lord shows in CT and he was a great guy, even taking the time to dig through his collection and rip some old local demo tapes from the 80s that weren't even on MA until this year (Tribe and High Ride Crew).

Is the new Briton Rites release looking to be out in the late fall, or more likely later than that? I recall that Phil recorded the vocals but Howie needs to perfect the rest, last I heard.

Top
 Profile  
Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:38 pm
Posts: 148
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:20 am 
 

Zodijackyl: My cousin gave me his complete analog studio. I was all set to go get the studio equipment back in early December when my wife became very ill. After two surgeries she went to stay with her sister while having her treatments. Things have been delayed since then. I am working six days a week and trying to do everything that needs to be done around here on my day off.

I picked up the studio back in March. Greg Haa( Briton Rites/ Cauldron Born drummer) is an electronics wizard and has been doing repairs on the equipment. I have had the heads on the 16-track analog machine reconditioned, and Greg is trying to pinpoint a problem with the 32 channel mixer. Once the mixer is done we should be able to start recording. We don't make any money doing this (I am lucky to break even) so we have to do this when we can.

Phil's vocals are finished and the material is all written. We hadn't rehearsed in over a month, but we started back a week ago. We will be ready to record as soon as the mixer is ready. I had hoped for the album to be done by the end of the year, but at this point that seems like that may be a little too optimistic.

Howie

Top
 Profile  
Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 am
Posts: 774
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:29 am 
 

This is all I wanna show the public from next Rocka Rollas releases until more solid stuff is available!

From third album Celtic Kings: everything finished, except a few songs need vocals and guitar solos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbnN2bO3Wmg

From fourth album Darkheart: everything will be re-recorded, because nobody wants programmed drums, eh? ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpexJyRiYQs

Also Blazon Stone and Mortyr follow ups are beginning to take shape!
Short pre-production "snippet" from Blazon Stone sequel here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjsgsqxuV3s

Top
 Profile  
Spiner202
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:32 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:56 am 
 

Rocka_Rollas wrote:
This is all I wanna show the public from next Rocka Rollas releases until more solid stuff is available!

From third album Celtic Kings: everything finished, except a few songs need vocals and guitar solos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbnN2bO3Wmg

From fourth album Darkheart: everything will be re-recorded, because nobody wants programmed drums, eh? ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpexJyRiYQs

Also Blazon Stone and Mortyr follow ups are beginning to take shape!
Short pre-production "snippet" from Blazon Stone sequel here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjsgsqxuV3s

As usual, that sounds amazing! Are they all going to be on Stormspell again?
_________________
Skull Fracturing Metal - Facebook Page
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8437
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:46 pm 
 

Can't wait to hear that Briton Rites album!
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411 ... 446  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ilwhyan and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group