Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Funeral Frog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:40 am 

Spoiler: show
Aldious: The newer singer's voice is a little weak IMO, but I think this miiight grow on me.

Destrose: Nothing bad about it! Would've preferred a little lower pitch or male voice, but this is absolutely fine!

Onmyo-Za: Are all of her vocal parts so reverb-y? The instrumentals are okay, and the voice is... okay.

Magistina Saga: Pretty busy with the symphonics, but it's on my list to try again later.

Ancient Myth: Doesn't do much for me, doesn't feel very intense. :\

Rose&Rosary: Also on my list for sure. I have a friend who would like their earlier stuff, so at least there's that! XD

Yousei Teikoku: It's pretty good, but the vocals maybe do get in the way a little.

Ghost Harlem: Everything about that felt generic... D:

Albion: Nothing really grabbed me the first listen, but I'll try it again some time. You're right, the production is pretty bad, which sucks.

el -Ethnic Legist-: Did not expect this to even exist. My favourite is the last song, and the second is actually pretty cool. I don't think it fills the right void, though. On the list, also. Hell, everything you recommended to me is "on the list"! XD

Thanks for throwing out those recommendations. The more the merrier! About the symphonic vs neoclassical: I must have no idea what I'm doing in this part of town , because every time I find "symphonic _____ metal", it's always too "symphonic", but I still want some, you know (and I also hope I'm not derailing this thread!)? This whole J-metal/J-rock/VK/power metal/whathaveyou thing hasn't bloomed just yet for me, but hell I want it to.

Wintermute (black metal, death metal, dark ambient)
https://wintermuteband.bandcamp.com/album/wolven

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:09 am 

Funeral Frog wrote:
Aldious: The newer singer's voice is a little weak IMO, but I think this miiight grow on me.

Yeah, they took a few plays for me to get into. Re:NO (!!!) is an acquired taste. She kinda sucks for a metal vocalist, but I found her to be unique and fits their aesthetic well. "Determination" (their 2nd album) is probably the best starting point. "District Zero" (1st album with the new vocalist) I'd put off til later. The production on it kinda sucks (guitars are too low to compensate for Re:NO's vocals). Their latest album is half power metal, half J-rock. If you're cool with that, you may enjoy it. But the average metal fan will have to use the skip button on it a lot. They kinda killed any chance of breaking into the western market by picking Re:NO as a vocalist. Rami (their first vocalist) had to leave the band due to severe health reasons. :(

Quote:
Destrose: Nothing bad about it! Would've preferred a little lower pitch or male voice, but this is absolutely fine!

A male vocalist would kinda ruin the girl-band thing hehe The other two notable girl-bands are Bridear and Mary's Blood. If you don't mind J-pop, Cyntia is worth checking out too (they're a poppy hard rock/ heavy metal hybrid). They don't seem to have much for full-samples on youtube, but you probably could find their albums somewhere.

Quote:
Onmyo-Za: Are all of her vocal parts so reverb-y? The instrumentals are okay, and the voice is... okay.

She uses a a lot of vibrato and that will be an acquired taste. She's one of my favorite vocalists, but took some time to get used to. She sings with a lot of emotion as well. Musically they're more straight up heavy metal, but they do have some power/speed and prog songs (pretty good variation overall). They have a sprawling discography and nothing is in English, so it may be a bit overwhelming to newcomers (and they spammed two new albums a couple months ago).

Quote:
Ancient Myth: Doesn't do much for me, doesn't feel very intense. :\

Doh, that's like their heaviest song lol They're more of a subtle/mood/atmosphere band, IMO.

Quote:
Rose&Rosary: Also on my list for sure. I have a friend who would like their earlier stuff, so at least there's that! XD

Yeah, "Rose of Misery" and "Zodiac" are pretty awesome songs.

Quote:
Yousei Teikoku: It's pretty good, but the vocals maybe do get in the way a little.

Personally I found her vocals fit the older material better. Example. Wahrheit (absolutely nothing to do with metal at all, btw).

Quote:
el -Ethnic Legist-: Did not expect this to even exist. My favourite is the last song, and the second is actually pretty cool. I don't think it fills the right void, though. On the list, also. Hell, everything you recommended to me is "on the list"! XD

Yeah, I kinda randomly threw them on for the hell of it. Their first vocalist is in Lightning now (a slight change of styles lol). He also sings on some Iron Attack songs. To be honest, I prefer him in el-ethnic legist- and like Lightning's previous vocalist in Lightning more. But I guess I can't have everything.

Here's a few more random recommendations:
Rosario Ark - some of their stuff is metal, others is hard rock/J-rock. This is one of their heavier songs.

Alchemy Crystal - I've been avoiding male-fronted stuff, but this may work. Vox are fairly low. It would be nice if they put the full song up though.

Mardelas - this is where Destrose's ex vocalist went (its her solo project). She does a pretty wicked high-note towards the end.

Quote:
Thanks for throwing out those recommendations. The more the merrier! About the symphonic vs neoclassical: I must have no idea what I'm doing in this part of town , because every time I find "symphonic _____ metal", it's always too "symphonic", but I still want some, you know (and I also hope I'm not derailing this thread!)? This whole J-metal/J-rock/VK/power metal/whathaveyou thing hasn't bloomed just yet for me, but hell I want it to.

Not a problem. I find with symphonic metal, it usually has too much focus on keyboards and not enough on guitars. I'm not against keyboards or symphonic elements, but I do like it to have some heaviness to it (eg, The Dogma "Black Roses"). I may have gotten too focused on "neoclassical" Like, those Gauntlet and MinstreliX songs were deliberate choices because they were pretty blatant with the neoclassical elements. I won't be much of use with US/European stuff because I haven't really followed it the last 5 years, but I've been pretty much mindlessly focused on Japanese rock/metal the last 2 years (and I don't see that changing anytime soon). Vicious Rumors, Conception, and Paradox I've played a fair amount though.

Funeral Frog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:41 pm 

Alchemy crystal isn't bad at all (just one EP, though). How come you've been avoiding male-fronted bands? I think might actually prefer them... Have you been holding out on me??!!

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:52 pm 

Oh, mainly based on feedback. Plus I found a lot of them to be really high-pitched, accent, or just plain weird - at any rate, none were terribly accessible to get into. Also, they didn't quite fit the visual requirement. Hell, a lot of those bands I didn't like initially myself.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:07 pm 

The USPM bros should all check out Last Empire, both of their albums rule. The negative review for the first album is completely wrong as far as I'm concerned; the band basically play a dark, arcane lead-focused style not dissimilar to Cauldron Born, but with a slightly lesser focus on riffs (there still are plenty of riffs though, and they're still good). Check 'em out!

KaiKasparek wrote:
Every Ozzy solo up to No More Tears is essential USPM

Jophelerx wrote:
If you think heavy metal and USPM are the same, why use the term USPM at all?

KaiKasparek wrote:
Exactly.......

Funeral Frog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:09 pm 

@Perdition666 Ah, okay. I guess it is tough to get guys to dress up, anyways (even in Japan!! hahaha). So, thanks for the the help again!

Xileize
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:25 pm 

Has anyone else listened to Starbynary - Dark Passenger yet? It came out yesterday.

Listened to it twice today and I think it's pretty good. I'm not sure if it is too keyboard heavy for a lot of you guys but I think it's a pretty decent debut and I think it'll be on rotation for a while at least.

lucifersfriend
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:22 pm 

Jophelerx wrote:
The USPM bros should all check out Last Empire, both of their albums rule. The negative review for the first album is completely wrong as far as I'm concerned; the band basically play a dark, arcane lead-focused style not dissimilar to Cauldron Born, but with a slightly lesser focus on riffs (there still are plenty of riffs though, and they're still good). Check 'em out!

This is super cool. vicious guitar tones!

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:20 am 

Empyreal's review for that Thunder and Lightning album made me curious, so I went and checked out a track... Holy god, sounds like some Breaking Benjamin shit! :lol: That cover art is absolutely ghastly, as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nddQeouJkZI

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:34 am 

Comparing them to Breaking Benjamin is a huge freaking stretch if you ask me, but yeah, I'm not very crazy about them either.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:41 am 

It's not as much of a stretch as you might think. The construction of the vocal melodies isn't all that dissimilar, at least to my ears. The T&L vocalist is infinitely less whiney though, which is a plus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjwFe6okyUw
At any rate, I'll track the album down and give it a couple of proper listens, but it was uncanny how much that song reminded me of BB.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:01 pm 

I dunno man, I never heard Breaking Benjamin before, but that T&L is pure power metal - the riffs are heavy as fuck and metal to the core. Vocal melodies are pretty glossy at times I guess but it isn't like they invented that - bands like Rage and several others have been doing the same shit for decades. In fact Rage were a huge sonic similarity I forgot to mention. Personally that kind of slick, melodic vocal melody combined with the metal riffing attracted me to that song and made me want to hear more. It's an interesting choice.

And I think that cover is cool. Very pulp looking.

Also, this band is great too:

Not the best song on the album but unfortunately the only one Youtube has. Spun it driving today and it's really good. Equal parts Kamelot and Maiden - vocalist sounds a bit like Black Majesty's singer to these ears...fucking incredible singing, too.

Also apparently Messiah's Kiss have a new album. What the ever loving fuck is up with the song titles, I have no idea - but it does pique my curiosity...

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:41 pm 

New Messiah's Kiss based on the new song the label released sounds like cheesy hard rock and I couldn't even tell it was Tirelli on vox (a guy I consider one of the most underrated metal singers ever).

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:01 pm 

Eh, doesn't sound amazing but it ain't bad. Catchy fun. Basically the same sound as their last one which I also enjoyed, albeit with less epic themes in the lyrics and what not.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:20 am 

So there's a new Virgin Steele interview on the band's website about their new album and such.

News

NEWS for Autumn 2014:

We wish to announce that the title for the forthcoming new VIRGIN STEELE album due out between February and March of 2015 will be “HYMNS TO DAMNATION”. David DeFeis says, “The new album is a roaring collection of Metal tracks that work very well together and were recorded in a very straightforward, organic manner. It is full of passion, power, blood, fire, love, lust, death and drama”.

In this short interview here below, David discusses the album further…

-------------------------------------------------------------------

STUDIO REPORT INTERVIEW: 11-28-14

Regarding the forthcoming “HYMNS TO DAMNATION” album, with questions by Edmund Alscott

1. Hey David, so the title of the new VIRGIN STEELE album is going to be “HYMNS TO DAMNATION”, yeah, heavy duty! Where does that title come from?

DeFeis: Thanks Edmund…well…There actually is a song on the album with that title, and even though this album is not really a concept album, recently when I took a careful look back at all the lyrics, I found that a lot of the lyrics do deal with relationship issues and all the various ways in which humans can entangle themselves, or destroy themselves…so the title essentially encompasses what the vibe of the whole Work is about. The title expresses the album in the way that the title “NOBLE SAVAGE”, or “AGE OF CONSENT”, expressed each of those particular Works. The title provides a framework and perhaps connective tissue, but each song is really its own thing. As I said it isn’t a concept album, but there is a certain kind of connection regardless.

2. Musically what can we expect for that song as well as the whole album?

DeFeis: That particular song is definitely Barbaric-Romantic…it is full of pathos, and has both the tender dark side of what we do, along with that over the top bombastic heaviness that we are about. And…well… to go along with the kinds of lyrics I just mentioned, the music is definitely heavy… dark… at times melancholy, and also aggressive or angry sounding, and alternately raw and grandiose. The overarching theme that comes to mind when I think about the album or listen to it is passion…raw passion. There are big monolithic riffs, moody chord changes, “classical” type bits, it retains the VIRGIN STEELE signature, but it adds new dimensions to it.

3. Lyrically is it a completely negative trip?

DeFeis: No not at all, there are tracks that celebrate life and lust and the beauty of the full experience of what one goes through in their time on the planet. It is empowering and it also has a sense of humor. The lyrics should make you think a bit…I hope. And as regards what I just said a moment ago about relationships, the album mainly concerns connections, connections between all sorts of beings and by that I don’t only mean worldly human beings…but also Gods & Goddesses, Spirits, Elements, or whatever, plus various creatures, animal, vegetable and or mineral, but largely it is about connections between people. People and their belief systems, people and their Gods or Goddesses…people and their life philosophies and also the various substances we invest or inject into our daily or nightly rituals and our worldview, and all the complexities of what drives us, makes us who we are and takes us where we may…or may not be going.

4. That sounds epic! Awhile back I know you had mentioned another song recorded for the album called LUCIFER’S HAMMER. What is that one like?

DeFeis: Well…it is not necessarily about Lucifer, or hammers! It is a really aggressive song that opens the album, and starts everything off in high gear. It is both raw and “classical” sounding at the same time. It’s very high energy, very kick-ass!

5. Well then what do the lyrics for that song concern?

DeFeis: It can be viewed from several different angles, as that is a feature of how I write songs, but you my friend would probably say that it is about drugs…

6. Pro or con?

DeFeis: That would depend on one’s own perspective and proclivities.

7. Do you have anything else planned for 2015?

DeFeis: Yes about 7 months after the new album comes out, we will finally issue the box-set that I discussed a whole lot over the past year.

8. What will be in that box-set?

DeFeis: It will contain the re-issues of both THE BOOK OF BURNING, and HYMNS TO VICTORY, and finally the bonus new Work, “GHOST HARVEST” (The Spectral Vintage Sessions). We hope to have that package out in October. It has already been discussed between the label and I and it is a go. That “Ghost Harvest” bonus album has new material, plus re-written and re-arranged covers of various things we like or rehearse from time to time.

9. Great! I am looking forward to the new HYMNS TO DAMNATION album and then later the box-set. In all the re-issues you did over the past two years you managed to put in tons of bonus material, and the recently re-issued INVICTUS CD has an almost 60 minute bonus album called FIRE SPIRITS, featuring acoustic versions of some VIRGIN STEELE classics, as well as some new material. How do you manage to make all that come together?

DeFeis: I am glad you noticed. Not everyone does. Yes we have tried to make each re-issue as special as we can, and we have gone out of our way to add as much as possible. That particular FIRE SPIRITS album came about because I wanted to add something that was intense but unlike the actual INVICTUS album…and we began recording live and really liking what we were hearing back, so we thought why not…Those tracks have the intensity of the full band and the listener can get a sense of the interplay between the voice and the instruments, and also a sense of the ingredients of the songs…what makes them tick. We are always working, so there is always material, and I am happy to unleash it in whatever form it takes…hence…all these extra tracks on the re-issues.

10.If you look at all you have released with the extra stuff on the re-issues, you probably already put a couple of new albums out! Getting back to HYMNS TO DAMNATION, how long is that album going to be?

DeFeis: Yeah…thanks again for noticing that Edmund, I really appreciate it. As regards the HYMNS TO DAMNATION album I am not quite sure yet as we are still deciding on which tracks will ultimately end up being included on there. It will be fairly long, but probably not necessarily 80 minutes. We shall see. Check back with me in a few weeks.

11. OK. And a last question David about the studio methods. I know you mentioned that you went back to some earlier styles of recording. What did you mean by that?

DeFeis: I meant that we started using some of the original analog gear that we used to use, and we even did some things on analog tape. I think it has made the album as I said earlier…more natural or organic sounding. It has that classic “we recorded it live in a large room” kind of sound that we really like. It has been nice to approach the album this way, and we think that it really suits the material.

Killer! Thanks very much for the chat David I can’t wait to get my hands on a finished copy.

DeFeis: Cheers Edmund and thanks a million for all your Noble support!

Well, fun and all...but I wish a new song would have been put available already. Not to mention the description of the album doesn't say much.

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:49 am 

The new Messiah's Kiss kills and isn't cheesy at all. The tracks they released as previews are weird and not really representative. The album is chock-full of great riffs and the song structures are actually really cool and go in directions I wouldn't expect.

And it's clearly Tirelli singing, though I wish he were a bit louder in the mix.

Edit: I do wish it had a straight-ahead epic a la Blood of the Kings or The Ivory Gates, though.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:07 am 

I know there's some fans of Celtic Legacy around these parts (I think I only found out about them through here because of a post Empyreal made some time ago), so I just wanted to let everyone know -if they didn't already- that the new album is out, and is easily on par with their best work. Guitarist Dave Morissey certainly considers it the band's greatest work yet.
Utterly filled with catchy riffs, soaring Dickenson-esque vocals and that hint of Celtic melody that those who enjoy this band's previous output will already be familiar with.
Only the album teaser is readily available on youtube, unfortunately, but here it is anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gbffKafs-k

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 am 

That's a tall order as Resurrection is one of my favorite genre albums, but yeah, I'll have to check it out. Been thinking of reviewing their stuff sometime.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:57 pm 

Jophelerx wrote:

Loving this! I could have sworn it was recorded in the 90s until I saw the Archives page. Definitely has a Cauldron Born flair to it.

Edit: Hold up - what's with the Angel of Death riff halfway through this song? Haha

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:44 am 

I did not know Midnight Priest put out a new album in November. Anyone heard this? The album title, cover artwork, and a few song names scare the shit out of me.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:22 pm 

Haven't heard the full album but if Hellbreaker is any indication it should be waaaaaay less King Diamond-esque and more straightforward along the lines of what Enforcer or Volture are doing. Cover art is definitely a step down from the s/t but I still like it. Has a strong Battleaxe "Burn This Town" vibe crossed with Mad Max which I can definitely get behind. Need to hear the rest for final judgement.

Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:44 pm 

Hahah I was so geared up to hate this because I don't want them moving away from the graveyard vibe but...god damn this band is so talented. I'll probably end up trying to pick up a copy of this album but I'm still disappointed in them spiritually. Singing in ENGLISH? Pah.

Edit: It was better than I expected but I really don't think the song compares to what they were doing on the EP/debut. I can't even say they "sold out" because they're not going to make any real money off this. It seems like they just decided to dumb their product down a bit. I don't get it.

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:20 am 

It's a cool song but I'm not a super fan of those vocal lines. Pretty much circling around three basic notes and then going for some occasional high octave note at times. There's a lot of cool notes he could have sing in between there :-P

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:15 am 

Sounded like typical retro-tight jeaned metal. Like that Canadian band who people liked for 10 minutes until their second album came out and everyone realised it was crap. Their name escapes me, but they suck.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:28 pm 

Acrobat wrote:
Like that Canadian band who people liked for 10 minutes until their second album came out and everyone realised it was crap.

Cauldron?

Exigence

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:54 pm 

That Midnight Priest song sounds like it was written in 5 minutes.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:43 pm 

This Last Empire song is nuts!

What do people think about The Dagger? The retro 70s hard rock/nwobhmish band from a bunch of Dismember guys. It sounds pretty solid to me, nothing amazing but good worship.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:22 pm 

Exigence wrote:
That Midnight Priest song sounds like it was written in 5 minutes.

Most metal these days sounds like that to me.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:24 pm 

Yeah man, that Midnight Priest song fucking sucks. It wasn't as immediately awful as I expected so it fooled me. Every time I've played it since then I've been more disappointed. I need to see if there was a bunch of member turnover or something. Their s/t is SO cleverly written and so passionate. There is a chasm between the two different sounds.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:41 pm 

Oh c'mon, it doesn't fucking suck, it's decent. It's definitely not as good as the original though...looking at the lineup they replaced the singer and a guitarist. I'm not surprised. Hopefully they chose this track for the single because it's the most accessible/mainstream one from the album and the rest is better.

The guitarist who left founded another band with a female singer, it definitely sounds like he was where the Mercyful Fate/King Diamond influence game from:

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:31 am 

I just purchased a copy of Timystery by Saber Tiger, and it is fucking amazing. Best album of theirs I've heard yet.

It's expensive as fuck, though (you have to buy it imported from Japan), so if anyone wants it just send me a PM.

Xileize
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:30 pm 

Stumbled across this little band from El Salvador a couple of days ago. Given it quite a few spins and I'm very pleasantly surprised. Empyreal may be interested in this as it seems to have a fairly prominent Aurora Consurgens and Aqua era Angra influence.

Here's to hoping they release another album some time in the future.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:34 pm 

Stumbled across this band 'Embryo Chrysalys' the other day, pretty sweet. They have one demo, 'Conception of Light,' but it rules, basically epic heavy/USPM. It's sort of mildly christian, but not enough to really affect my enjoyment of the album (and I hate that shit, so most of you guys should be okay with it too). Sort of reminds me of a more upbeat Tales of Medusa, not a super close comparison but it's really just pretty unique stuff. Okay, I'm done rambling, now check it out!

Edit: Okay, one song (not the one in the link) is pretty heavy-handed, but the vocals are mostly unintelligible and when they're not they're so goofy it comes off as tongue and cheek rather than preaching, so it's tolerable.

KaiKasparek wrote:

Jophelerx wrote:

KaiKasparek wrote:
Exactly.......

bug_man
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:53 am 

whats some cool stuff like savage grace - master of disguise? preferably 80s

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:48 am 

What stuff do you already know? If you don't know classic speed/power like Agent Steel's first two, Helstar's 'A Distant Thunder,' and Witchhammer's '1487' (I guess that one's a little bit obscure), go for those. Also check Phantom's 'Cyberchrist' if you haven't - came out in 1993, but it's pure Painkiller-esque speed metal.

KaiKasparek wrote:

Jophelerx wrote:

KaiKasparek wrote:
Exactly.......

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:26 pm 

You forgot Omen, Joph. Too obvious. I dunno, we don't know anything about Mr. always lower case's tastes.

bug_man
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:23 pm 

Jophelerx wrote:
What stuff do you already know? If you don't know classic speed/power like Agent Steel's first two, Helstar's 'A Distant Thunder,' and Witchhammer's '1487' (I guess that one's a little bit obscure), go for those. Also check Phantom's 'Cyberchrist' if you haven't - came out in 1993, but it's pure Painkiller-esque speed metal.

i'll check these out. omen obviously rules but they're less speed metal i guess? i don't really know much about speed metal.

Acrobat wrote:
You forgot Omen, Joph. Too obvious. I dunno, we don't know anything about Mr. always lower case's tastes.

it's insanely cool that you're annoyed by my lack of capital letters

IndividualMan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:31 pm 

For fans of US Heavy/Power Metal, there is a release coming out soon from BLIND ASSASSIN. It comprises the songs from their 1986 demo remastered in studio plus 7 additional tracks from single take recordings and live performances during their existence in the mid-late 80's.

http://www.cultmetalclassics.sonicagerecords.com/releases.php?id=9875-blind-assassin-put-to-the-sword-pre-order

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:37 am 

So, Hibria is re-recording their debut. :boo:

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:52 am 

bug_man wrote:
whats some cool stuff like savage grace - master of disguise? preferably 80s

Just gonna fart out some random recs -

And just for being a good little bug boy, you get

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 457, 458, 459, 460, 461, 462, 463 ... 625  Next