Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 pm 

Lane wrote:
Go check out Vindex if you haven't!

decay3r
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:39 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Average / plain USPM bands with that one fantastic song? Only band that comes to mind are Holy Mother.

Behold!

I don't know if I get beaten for calling them average/plain USPM (United States Power Metal???), but couple of months before I discovered I have a few Overkill albums and they are sort of boring for my taste. But this one song is incredible. Vocals... are insane? I do not know right words. I have never heard anything quite like *this*.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 pm 

They're just a straight up thrash band, although their trad metal influences definitely showed through at times on their early material.

Grey Sabbath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:14 pm 

I have got to share this band because I have seen no one talking about them.

https://hyloxalus.bandcamp.com/album/ma ... black-hole

They're a fantastic blend of symphonic power metal and black metal influences. They've only just released their debut album a couple months ago, but it's already one of my favorites this year so far. If anyone has bands similar to this to recommend, I'm all ears.

NoTruce
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:37 am 

Paka01 wrote:
Hello guys!
Past couple of months have been somewhat hard for me, so I'm looking for some optimistic and encouraging power metal. It doesn't need to have specifically lyrics in that vein, but the music should be "bright" (in lack of a better term). I'm not very fond of non-stop fast tempo power metal, so I'd like to hear something closer to mid-tempo. I'm familiar with all of the bigger names in the genre (Helloween, Gamma Ray, HammerFall, Stratovarius, etc...).

Some of the songs I like:
- Kamelot: Fourth Legacy
- Sonata Arctica: FullMoon
- Black Majesty: Silent Company
- Edguy: King of Fools
- Masterplan: Sail On
- Theocracy: Ghost Ship

Thank you!

Late to the party, but here are some uplifting tunes for ya.

Skyblazer - A Destiny to Seize

Signum Regis - Salt of the Earth

7thorns - Until Freedom Lasts Forever

Dawn of Destiny - Finally

Crystal Eyes - Mr. Failure

Dionysus - Anima Mundi

Dreamtale - Lady Dragon

Insania - Facing My Destiny

Morifade - In Martyria

Third Dim3nsion - Gate to the Stars

Royal Jester - If You Were Mine

I hope things turn around for you, dude!

decay3r
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:32 pm 

If these songs kick me out of depression I am going to blame it on you!

decay3r
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:26 pm 

Remember a while ago I was asking for something like Savage Circus? I am going to go over the reccs again, but that time I only picked up Persuader, perhaps because my tastes somewhat diverged with those of them who recommended, I am not sure. Anyway!

I found a band I really like! It took me several month to grow on it and it's Wolf from Sweden with their album The Black Flame. If this band reminds you of something cool, please share!

I am not entirely sure why I like it though. I do not feel anything special towards the vocals, but instruments are super nice and this darkish atmosphere is very cool! I feel very broke on words... The atmosphere! Do you understand? It is not usual "don't give up" power metal atmosphere, or the very slow ballad atmosphere, but it is somewhat... you know like it's in minor notes. I do not understand notes, but minor notes have a property of making music sound more dark.

I very much insist on this atmosphere thing! I do not like happy music, it makes me feel bad. The Black Flame somehow makes a combination of energetic power and speed and keeps it somewhat dark!

And another, perhaps most important note, I do not remember this album loosing pace too much. It changes, but it always remains on the faster side, which is very important. I often see here cool reccs, but I just open an album and while I seemingly enjoy it, on some point it hits its slow part singing about girls and woes and I get overwhelmed with rage and skip it. Exactly what I felt with this Third Dim3nsion - Conspiracy Theory. Overall very nice album, but then I stumble upon Tears and Thorns and holy shit I can't help skipping it!

But I still acquired Conspiracy Theory, because it for the most part keeps the pace I like and the melodies are skillfully crafted.

That's a lot of words, but if I knew how to compress this post, I would do that. I really lack vocabulary, sorry.

decay3r
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:17 am 

You know, Conspiracy Theory has grown on me as well. I wonder if it's music itself or the "conspiracy" vibe that makes me to like it.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm 

Wolf's The Black Flame is top notch for sure. I think the Ravenous album is also great.

Not necessarily similar musically but I bet Wolf fans might enjoy Pharaoh (i.e. The Longest Night).
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:25 am 

Ravenous is fantastic. Not all of it but when it gets it right, it rules! First three songs are incredible, Love at First Bite, Mr. Twisted with that amazing solo, Whiskey Psycho Hellions, all top notch in my book. And Roy Z did a great job in the production.

It's Legions of Bastards that is the first real disappointment in my opinion. Three amazing songs, two OK to good ones, one good cover and that's it.

Damn straight I enjoy Pharaoh! And I find them very relevant because along with Slough Feg I find them (those 3) to be the best heavy/power metal bands of the new millenium (Wolf being #1 in my book).

Vic's Dungeon - Remember the Fallen:
Jeff Hanneman: Evil Notes and Sad Riffs
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)
Holy Terror and Keith Deen
Roger Patterson (Atheist)

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:01 pm 

I'm always down to heap praise on Slough Feg and Pharaoh. Best modern bands I think.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 621, 622, 623, 624, 625