PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:57 am 

Sir Vic Rattlehead wrote:
Slayer worship bands?

LIVING SACRIFICE - (first album)
That first INSANE album is seen as a SLAYER copy by many

DARKMETL
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:11 pm 

For anyone looking for a killer new-ish thrash albums, please check out Pripjat's Sons of Tschernobyl cd, by far one of my favorites this year. Awesome old school thrash that doesn't sound completely neutered by todays production, definitely has some organic-ness and character to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz74srXZEeE

Sir Vic Rattlehead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:56 am 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
Slayer worship bands?

LIVING SACRIFICE - (first album)
That first INSANE album is seen as a SLAYER copy by many

Living sacrifice is great thanks

DARKMETL
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:07 pm 

Slayer worship bands?

You can try Demiricous has a definite deathier Slayer vibe, INSANE from Italy has an album out that is Show No Mercy all over it. Nuclear from Chile has alot of Slayer influence, Maze of Torment has an album or two with Slayer similarities, Suicidal Angels is a Greek Slayer pretty much. Do some Youtube research on these suggestions and see if they nail what you are looking for...

Smitty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:33 pm 

Slayer worship bands?

Korzus - Discipline of Hate

Metreya put out an EP that shows some influence.

+1 Demiricous rec. Even Tom Araya says they sound just like Slayer.

+1 the Suicidal Angels rec. Lots of Slayer influence. Especially songs like Final Dawn from the album Dead Again

Exigence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:00 pm 

I'll second the Korzus. I used to listen to them all the time.

Check out this music video for "Agony": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igWq5I5NWXE

T h a n a t o s
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:42 pm 

Does such a thing as "thrash'n'roll" exist? There are several bands labeled as thrash'n'roll on MA but most of them sound like a mix of punk and thrash. What I'm actually looking for is something in the vein of the third album by Dominus. Here is an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i-QKln0mFU

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:22 pm 

For Slayer worship:

Yeah, that Insane album is great. Pretty much a clone of Show no Mercy but with excellent songwriting and just a great album. From what I remember is that Demiricous' first album sounded very much like Slayer but they changed their sound after that cause they got sick of being compared to Slayer so much.

Also check out Funeral Nation. Slayer is clearly a big influence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ePc3UaV40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDN_qONxEk0

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:58 am 

Am looking for more bands like Revocation. Tech-Thrash perhaps? Thrash chugging with perhaps a bit more melody, soloing and lyricism than, say, Anthrax (just as an example).

Here's exactly what I'm looking for more of:

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:36 am 

Good tech-thrash (assuming you haven't heard them): CORONER, - "No More Color", WATCHTOWER - "Energetic Disassembly", VOIVOD - "Nothingface"

But pretty much all their albums are good. Those are just good intros to the band.

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:01 pm 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
Good tech-thrash (assuming you haven't heard them): CORONER, - "No More Color", WATCHTOWER - "Energetic Disassembly", VOIVOD - "Nothingface"

But pretty much all their albums are good. Those are just good intros to the band.

Cheers, Mate. Thanks for the recs!

Coroner was good - I like their style.

Watchtower - didn't care for the vocals but the music was good.

Voivod - Got a bit too proggy for me but not unenjoyable.

Any more recent bands you can think of?

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:28 am 

NbleSavage wrote:
Any more recent bands you can think of?

Hmm, well my band isn't quite as tech as those but we are more recent and you may enjoy some of our songs.

Unfortunately not many new bands play this kind of thing. I am always on the hunt for stuff like this though.

I really enjoy EXOCOSM. They remind me a bit of ATHEIST or CYNIC.

A lot of people like VEKTOR too and they were really influenced by VOIVOD or DESTRUCTION's more technical work.

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:42 pm 

Appreciate the chance to hear your band, Mate! Thanks for the rec on Exocosm also! Interesting, again perhaps a bit more proggy than I'd like optimally.

I'll check out Vektor next...

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:53 pm 

Vektor...I like their music but the higher pitched vocals aren't my favorite. Looking for a bit more guttural style. Death-thrash?...Death-Tech-Thrash!...LOL :)

Appreciate all the recs!

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:17 pm 

Here's a band that fits the bill - Ouroboros!

More like this or Revocation would be appreciated!

DCCLXXVII
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:20 pm 

I'm looking for good, Christian thrash metal bands that have very good production and a lot of energy and speed in the songs.

I already know about Vengeance Rising and Living Sacrifice.
In the light of Christ

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:54 pm 

DCCLXXVII wrote:
I'm looking for good, Christian thrash metal bands that have very good production and a lot of energy and speed in the songs.

Have you heard my band's latest album, "Overlord"? Our first album was recorded on a much lower budget and some folks may not like the production as much.

I'd also recommend DELIVERANCE - "Weapons of our Warfare", SACRAMENT - "Haunts of Violence", and TOURNIQUET - "Weapons of our Warfare".

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:00 pm 

NbleSavage wrote:
Vektor...I like their music but the higher pitched vocals aren't my favorite. Looking for a bit more guttural style. Death-thrash?...Death-Tech-Thrash!...LOL :)

Appreciate all the recs!

What about SADUS? They're not exactly recent though ... I think their latest release was in 2008 or so.

I just thought of another. EXPULSION. I really liked the first track on their album "Wasteworld". They've since broken up though. :(

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:01 pm 

DCCLXXVII wrote:

One recent band I enjoyed along those lines was HATING EVIL. If you like stuff like VR you might like them.

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:08 pm 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
NbleSavage wrote:

Appreciate all the recs!

What about SADUS? They're not exactly recent though ... I think their latest release was in 2008 or so.

I just thought of another. EXPULSION. I really liked the first track on their album "Wasteworld". They've since broken up though. :(

Expulsion was quite good! Almost too fast if that's possible, LOL! Bullocks they broke up though.

SADUS - didn't care for the vocals but the music was spot-on.

Thanks for the recs!!

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:50 am 

Gorod is another good example of the style I'm looking for. Lower pitched / slightly guttural vocals, melodic songs (not in the 'Melo Death' sense as in keyboards & such), solid bass work and some demonstration of technicality without blatant wankery.

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:00 pm 

Wow, Gorod really throws a curveball into your request. Well, last time I listened to them they were a full-on tech-death band. You won't find many thrash bands with vocals that low.

Hellwitch is a tech-death/thrash band but the vocals probably aren't what you're after: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLjqFsc4aUM

Eyeconoclast is probably not even close to what your looking for but worth a shot I guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhIgIylanCw

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:55 pm 

wrathchild_88 wrote:
Wow, Gorod really throws a curveball into your request. Well, last time I listened to them they were a full-on tech-death band. You won't find many thrash bands with vocals that low.

Hellwitch is a tech-death/thrash band but the vocals probably aren't what you're after: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLjqFsc4aUM

Eyeconoclast is probably not even close to what your looking for but worth a shot I guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhIgIylanCw

Yep, Hellwitch didn't quite hit the mark.

Eyeconoclast wasn't bad at all! I liked their sound & they seem a creative lot with their subject matter.

Well done, Mate!

captaincrunchy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:35 pm 

Anyone know groups similar in style to bands like Watchtower or Heathen, but instead of the somewhat power-metallish vocals, vocals that are more raspy and non-melodic? I guess, just in general, make it less melodic. A good reference point would be a band like Sacrifice, but heavier.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:16 pm 

captaincrunchy wrote:
Anyone know groups similar in style to bands like Watchtower or Heathen, but instead of the somewhat power-metallish vocals, vocals that are more raspy and non-melodic? I guess, just in general, make it less melodic. A good reference point would be a band like Sacrifice, but heavier.

ATHEIST? CYNIC's early stuff?

captaincrunchy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:10 pm 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
captaincrunchy wrote:

ATHEIST? CYNIC's early stuff?

I'm already extensively familiar with both. Plus, I'm looking for tech-thrash rather than tech-death. Something a little less obvious would be appreciated.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:34 am 

captaincrunchy wrote:

Coroner was the first thing that came to mind, but since you mentioned less obvious recs, how about Invocator's Excursion Demise album?

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:59 am 

More like this would be appreciated! Can't wait for the new Revocation CD to drop!

captaincrunchy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:32 am 

androdion wrote:
captaincrunchy wrote:

Coroner was the first thing that came to mind, but since you mentioned less obvious recs, how about Invocator's Excursion Demise album?

Production is a little rough, but this is great! Thanks.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:19 am 

captaincrunchy wrote:

Vektor is technical thrash, though they fall on the Voivod side of being a little more "proggy" and spacey. Well, some parts of their music, at least. They're stupid heavy and ridiculously fast, but they mix in a fair amount of slower and more melodic riffing. The vocals, are a skreeching, puke-y nightmare, though. They're great.

EDIT: Also, this may be a dumb question, but have you used the "similar artists" tab on the Metal Archive band page? I remember those being at least somewhat accurate.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:37 am 

NbleSavage wrote:
Gorod is another good example of the style I'm looking for. Lower pitched / slightly guttural vocals, melodic songs (not in the 'Melo Death' sense as in keyboards & such), solid bass work and some demonstration of technicality without blatant wankery.

Try Coffin Dust. Not all that similar to Gorod but ticks some of the same boxes. Solid band with guttural vocals, thrashing, and melodic touches, wouldn't call them tech though. http://coffindust.bandcamp.com/album/th ... my-kingdom
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:30 pm 

captaincrunchy wrote:

Not sure if this fits what you're looking for, but have you heard Hemotoxin's new EP? It's somewhat technical but the vocals are aggressive.

Spoiler: show

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:16 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
NbleSavage wrote:

Try Coffin Dust. Not all that similar to Gorod but ticks some of the same boxes. Solid band with guttural vocals, thrashing, and melodic touches, wouldn't call them tech though. http://coffindust.bandcamp.com/album/th ... my-kingdom

Nice add, Mate!! Really liked the pronounced bass lines and the vocals were bang-on! Agreed, not technical but a solid rec! Cheers!

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:01 am 

captaincrunchy wrote:

Aspid (Аспид). Try to get the original 1992 version instead of the slightly-sped-up remaster. I don't seem to mind the remaster as much as some people round here, but the original is better.

Hexen. Check out "Being and Nothingness" first, it's more what you're after but their other album is pretty awesome too!

Tantara. Maybe not tech enough for what you're after, but their sound reminds me a lot of "Victims of Deception".

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:12 am 

Good rec's. Throw Essence on that list, too.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:18 am 

NbleSavage wrote:

Nice add, Mate!! Really liked the pronounced bass lines and the vocals were bang-on! Agreed, not technical but a solid rec! Cheers!

Glad you dig! I assume you're already familiar with Exhumed and Impaled; how about Splatterhouse?

Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 pm 

Glad you dig! I assume you're already familiar with Exhumed and Impaled; how about Splatterhouse?

I really like 'Necrocracy' (Exhumed). Splatterhouse wasn't quite doing it for me. Impaled is phenomenal!

Cabecao
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:08 am 

For tech thrash try Sylosis' last two albums. I'll agree with the inclusion of Expulsion. Great, great album. Ouroboros are awesome. Augury and Allegaeon come to mind too.

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:57 am 

Cabecao wrote:
For tech thrash try Sylosis' last two albums. I'll agree with the inclusion of Expulsion. Great, great album. Ouroboros are awesome. Augury and Allegaeon come to mind too.

But if like me you find operatic vocals to be painful to listen to then you can probably give Augury a miss. Well, half of Augury's songs anyway. The rest have been ruined despite any decent riffs they may have.

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:24 pm 

Cabecao wrote:

Yea, know Sylosis - excellent! Cheers!

I'll check out Augury and Allegaeon next.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 136  Next