Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:47 pm 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
I am searching for something alike Nahar's "Winter Night Overture". Very monotonous drums in the background, a vocalist that sounds like he would draw his last breath, an atmosphere which reminds someone on a desolate landscape, a lot of repetition in the motives and riffs; which are very catchy.

It has some resemblance to the depressive BM, but the screams are not high pitched; they are darker.

How about some Hyphotermia or Nae'blis?

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:57 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
It definitely appears to be more thrash oriented than what I was looking for, but I couldn't fault someone for a good black/thrash rec. as thats one of the genres I listen to the most. I'm almost done with "Crossing The Fiery Path" now, and aside from the writing seeming to get completely lost/confused in the middle of The Warlock this has been a very satisfying listen. I love the crunchy sound of the 8-string bass. I'm expecting SEWB to be even better, but this has been a very worthy appetizer.

SEWB is less overtly experimental, but I don't really know if I prefer it. Actually, my favourite stuff from this band is probably on their split with Varathron .. it's where they took the more ambient/mood side of Crossing... to the furthest extreme that they could take it, and half of their side isn't even metal at all ... incidentally, that middle part of "The Warlock" is probably one of my favourite parts of the album .. I don't know, in the context of the song that bit just feels so ritualistic and creepy; I love it. They steer clear of such wanderings on the post-split material though and become a lot more streamlined.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:45 pm 

Well I made a black metal rec thread about an hour before this started, and since then it has dropped off the front page so I'll post it here:

Lately I've been really into Viking/Folk/Pagan/Whatever influenced Black Metal, and I really need to find more of it.

First off let me clear this up. I am not looking for the newer Viking Metal sound that seems to be fairly prominent today (not that I don't like it though). Bands that sound like Ensiferum, Einherjer, Moonsorrow, Tyr, etc. should not be recommended here.

What I want are bands that sound like early Helheim, early Enslaved, Mock/Kampfar, and Skyforger. All these bands have great Viking/Pagan/Whatever influences, but they never forget that they are black metal bands. I want bands that play great tremolo-style black metal riffs (but don't completely rely on them) with a good dose of catchy melody, have an epic yet dark and ritualistic atmosphere, and uses keyboards but doesn't abuse them(Although this one isn't required). Also if a band makes good use of a variety of different vocal styles (think early Helheim) they get extra points.

Edit: Raw production is not a must, but it is nice.

My other want is Greek Black Metal, I'm sorry that I can't get more specific than that. If it helps at all, I really like early Rotting Christ.

Mors_Gloria
See? Marge was right!! ^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:55 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
I'm a fucking sucker for BM with solos. I love Vlad Tepes and Peste Noire. I'm not big on keyboards unless the use is fairly subtle. Any suggestions?

edit: Maybe I should specify that I'm not looking for black thrash bands like D666, Gospel of the Horns, Grenade, Old, etc etc. I'd prefer traditional BM sounding riffs mixed with more traditional metal styled soloing.

BM with solos. That's a good one:

1) Melencolia Estatica - Very good band. The s/t is a great album and songs like Meditatio I are instant classics.

2) Solstafir - Solstafir are split in two periods. The Viking one and the Progressive one. Both periods though have solos. If you can find their first demo you will be rewarded with an anthem like I Nordri. The epitome of that particular sound, if you ask me.

3) Behexen - Basically, By The Blessings Of Satan is what you need from them. To be more precise you only need Black Metal Baptism. It's just what you're looking for.

4) Bergtagen - Do yourself a favour and check out their 2006 demo. It may contains only one Black Metal song (the others are acoustic songs) but it's a classic too.

5) Clad In Darkness - Here it depends by what do you mean by saying Traditional soloing. Clad In Darkness apply soloing that is very traditional but not in the Metal sense of it. Their soloing is reminiscent of Jimi Hendrix and their structures and feeling reminds of early Opeth. They are a very worthy band.

6) Any band that came out in Greece between 1988 and 1998. In this decade you're going to find stuff that fit your description exactly. Standouts:

Necromantia (seconding Abominatrix's rec)
Varathron
Zemial (both eras, the early Thrash / Black one and the latter Black / Epic Metal one)
Fiendish Nymph (is it bad that the solos are on flutes?)
Agatus (Dawn Of Martyrdom is legendary)

oneyoudontknow, Nahar seem interesting. I'll look into them.

http://www.metalfighters.com/

Decretum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:01 pm 

mpawluk wrote:
I want bleak, depressing, hopeless black metal, almost exactly like Transilvanian Hunger (the only black metal record I own).

My favorite genre is thrash, with a healthy dose of death. I like my metal fast.

But that's not what I'm looking for, really. I want the complete opposite of technicality; I want pure, unadulterated atmosphere. Remember, think TH.

Thanks!
:D

I registered for the sole purpose of reccomending this band to you:
Weakling.

Chaos_Llama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:44 pm 

Thanks for the recs :)

But mind telling me what's wrong with Wolves In The Throne Room?

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:01 am 

Mors_Gloria wrote:
Jonpo wrote:
I'm a fucking sucker for BM with solos. I love Vlad Tepes and Peste Noire. I'm not big on keyboards unless the use is fairly subtle. Any suggestions?

edit: Maybe I should specify that I'm not looking for black thrash bands like D666, Gospel of the Horns, Grenade, Old, etc etc. I'd prefer traditional BM sounding riffs mixed with more traditional metal styled soloing.

BM with solos. That's a good one:

1) Melencolia Estatica - Very good band. The s/t is a great album and songs like Meditatio I are instant classics.

2) Solstafir - Solstafir are split in two periods. The Viking one and the Progressive one. Both periods though have solos. If you can find their first demo you will be rewarded with an anthem like I Nordri. The epitome of that particular sound, if you ask me.

3) Behexen - Basically, By The Blessings Of Satan is what you need from them. To be more precise you only need Black Metal Baptism. It's just what you're looking for.

4) Bergtagen - Do yourself a favour and check out their 2006 demo. It may contains only one Black Metal song (the others are acoustic songs) but it's a classic too.

5) Clad In Darkness - Here it depends by what do you mean by saying Traditional soloing. Clad In Darkness apply soloing that is very traditional but not in the Metal sense of it. Their soloing is reminiscent of Jimi Hendrix and their structures and feeling reminds of early Opeth. They are a very worthy band.

6) Any band that came out in Greece between 1988 and 1998. In this decade you're going to find stuff that fit your description exactly. Standouts:

Necromantia (seconding Abominatrix's rec)
Varathron
Zemial (both eras, the early Thrash / Black one and the latter Black / Epic Metal one)
Fiendish Nymph (is it bad that the solos are on flutes?)
Agatus (Dawn Of Martyrdom is legendary)

oneyoudontknow, Nahar seem interesting. I'll look into them.

There are some great suggestions in here, just from what I've heard so far I think I'm going to be a ridiculously huge Agatus fan. Varathron also seem to be exactly what I was looking for. I plan on checking out the rest when I get to work tomorrow. Thanks for the help, and this thread in general.

Mors_Gloria
See? Marge was right!! ^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:31 am 

Jonpo wrote:

There are some great suggestions in here, just from what I've heard so far I think I'm going to be a ridiculously huge Agatus fan. Varathron also seem to be exactly what I was looking for. I plan on checking out the rest when I get to work tomorrow. Thanks for the help, and this thread in general.

You will certainly be an Agatus fanboy. Trust me :)

I'd like to also add Order Of The Ebon Hand. They have Lethe from Septic Flesh in their lineup and they are highly influenced by them. Like a Black Metal version of Septic Flesh. Their leads are fantastic.

Just listen to Tears In Red in YouTube. Here's the link -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLbWD8KwwKo

You can also check out Agatus on YouTube. Here's the link for King Of The Forest -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvMNobXw3Hg

EDIT 1: I forgot to mention the one and great DEVISER. Black / Death Metal of high quality. Do yourself the favour to acquire Thy Blackest Love. Do not let the pink / black cover fool you. The guys are great. Just listen to Threnody. It's an anthem. Here's th link -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nv4BTCcAzg

EDIT 2: ThrashingMad check out the bands I mentioned for yourself too. You will be more than satisfied and I will return with other bands too. For now I'm going to hint you towards Thou Art Lord. Project of Necromantia and Rotting Christ members. You'll certainly adore them and Societas Satanas is an anthem of Black / Thrash.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:21 pm 

Mors_Gloria wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

You will certainly be an Agatus fanboy. Trust me :)

I'd like to also add Order Of The Ebon Hand. They have Lethe from Septic Flesh in their lineup and they are highly influenced by them. Like a Black Metal version of Septic Flesh. Their leads are fantastic.

Just listen to Tears In Red in YouTube. Here's the link -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLbWD8KwwKo

You can also check out Agatus on YouTube. Here's the link for King Of The Forest -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvMNobXw3Hg

EDIT 1: I forgot to mention the one and great DEVISER. Black / Death Metal of high quality. Do yourself the favour to acquire Thy Blackest Love. Do not let the pink / black cover fool you. The guys are great. Just listen to Threnody. It's an anthem. Here's th link -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nv4BTCcAzg

AH yes, I was going to mention Deviser because they never seem to come up in discussions of Greek BM and they certainly should, at least that debut "Unspeakable Cults" is fantastic. Love the shrieking vocals and the melodicism of the music .. nice up-front bass, too, which always pleases me nowadays.

bradtheimpaler
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:37 pm 

I am somewhat familiar with the genre, mainly the more classic bands. I'm looking for some pagan black metal with folk influences, I don't need great recording quality, but leave out the horrendous quality stuff please.

crazpete
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:56 pm 

i've had a severe lack of new black metal that i find interesting lately, mostly because i've moved and lost most of my metal contacts. i am after a very specific kind of black metal - much more interested in music than vocals:

there is an approach to melody and harmonic structure that i can best describe as a blend of atonal/folk/jazz/and classical. i'm not a fan of blues-inspired pentatonic 'old-school' stuff. quickly mutating chord structures that refuse easy classification (aka, you know what's going to happen next more than 90% of the time like with Norsecore) are a must, especially ones heavy on the use of 7th and 9th intervals over more basic minor diades. That being said,

some of the bands i enjoy most that do this are:
later Deathspell Omega
mid-era Abigor
Kvist
Taake
Shade
earlier Shining
earlier Blut Aus Nord
Negura Bunget
Leviathan (US)
Ven Buens Ende

any reccomendations are much appreciated...

~Guest 97031
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:03 pm 

Kruel wrote:
Lord_Hate wrote:
Kruel wrote:
Great thread. I want extremely hateful black metal, in the vein of Belketre and Mutiilation; insane vocals and raw production are required. I haven't found a single band more hateful than the two I mentioned, so I'll be grateful if someone can find something more hateful.

Try other LLN bands. Seviss, Torture, and Torgeist are all on par with Belketre and Mutillation in terms of rawness and hatefulness.

Actually I wanted something other than LLN, since I was already planning to do a great check-out of the whole LLN on some weekend. Should have clarified. Anyway, thanks for the reply. :-)

For something as hatefull as mutiilation and belketre try Black Murder or Vermyapre Kommando. Be wary of bootlegs with fake tracklistings though. MA has the right tracklisting for the Vermyapre demo

morfumax
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:19 pm 

i want some technical black metal...if it exists

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:21 pm 

morfumax wrote:

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=34385 ;)

morfumax
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:23 pm 

Snowgrave wrote:
morfumax wrote:

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=34385 ;)

thankss :D

Depths_of_Depravity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:31 pm 

well... I've always been a complete fucking noob when it comes to black metal, but the first black metal band I listened to, and my favorite black metal band is Abyssic Hate. I've heard them described as suicidal black metal, are there any other bands with that kind of genre? :scratch: I know about Silencer already, I've gotten used to those vocals, finally.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:23 pm 

I feel like everyone who knew about Zemial and didn't say anything until now owe me a personal apology. First I listened to In Monumentum and was blown away, so I grabbed the Face of the Conqueror/Necrolatry combo, assuming it couldn't compare, and was even more astounded to hear just how primal/gritty they could sound. They certainly know how to pick up where the early Bathory releases left off, without plaigiarizing.

I enjoyed Melencolia Estatica quite a bit more than I expected to, the drumming especially drew a lot of my attention. The one review I read questioned whether it was a drum machine. If that is the case, its used IMPOSSIBLY well. I'm assuming its live.

Clad in Darkness are probably just a bit to progressive(?) for my tastes. I can only hear so many acoustic breaks before I start to feel like they're just interrupting the flow of an otherwise solid song.

tethys
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:27 pm 

Snowgrave wrote:
Does it have to be a specific type of black metal or can it be fusion with another genre? I don't really like "straight up" or "pure" black metal, but I enjoy Viking metal, some folk/black, melodic death/black, etc.

What I'm looking for specifically though is a mix of black metal and power or speed metal. Stormlord would be the best and only representative of this style that I know about and listen to, but I'm looking for more. Any recs?

Try Finist-Crosses Shall Burn. The clean vocals are, well let's say unique, but the harsh vocals aren't bad, a nice mix of power and black metal. Awakening is pretty good as well, with less of a bm influence though.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:08 am 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
oneyoudontknow wrote:
I am searching for something alike Nahar's "Winter Night Overture". Very monotonous drums in the background, a vocalist that sounds like he would draw his last breath, an atmosphere which reminds someone on a desolate landscape, a lot of repetition in the motives and riffs; which are very catchy.

It has some resemblance to the depressive BM, but the screams are not high pitched; they are darker.

How about some Hyphotermia or Nae'blis?

Listened to Hyphotermia ... meh... not really my cup of tea and also not what I am searchig for. I still have to tyr Nae'blis though. Thanks for the recommendations.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

Mors_Gloria
See? Marge was right!! ^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 am 

tethys wrote:
Snowgrave wrote:
Does it have to be a specific type of black metal or can it be fusion with another genre? I don't really like "straight up" or "pure" black metal, but I enjoy Viking metal, some folk/black, melodic death/black, etc.

What I'm looking for specifically though is a mix of black metal and power or speed metal. Stormlord would be the best and only representative of this style that I know about and listen to, but I'm looking for more. Any recs?

Try Finist-Crosses Shall Burn. The clean vocals are, well let's say unique, but the harsh vocals aren't bad, a nice mix of power and black metal. Awakening is pretty good as well, with less of a bm influence though.

He could also try the new Munruthel. The last album is said to be Black / Power Metal but I haven't found it yet.

Cretinhopper
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:58 am 

Ok, I have a few requests.

Catchy folk-styled and themed black metal without any acoustic instruments or keyboards. Clean folky male vocals favored.

Black metal with low guttural (death metal) vocals rather than high-pitched screams. NO death/black.

Call_From_The_Tower
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:06 am 

Cretinhopper wrote:

Catchy folk-styled and themed black metal without any acoustic instruments or keyboards. Clean folky male vocals favored.

Black metal with low guttural (death metal) vocals rather than high-pitched screams.

For the first one I would possibly recommend Falkenbach, although they do have quite a few acoustic and keyboard passages. A lot of clean vocals though and very catchy, with more of an emphasis on the BM.

Also, try Helheim. They're pretty much straight up Black/Viking metal with few acoustic passages or keyboards. Much more a traditional Black Metal band with folk/Viking themes. Very furious.

As for the other one, you could check out later Drudkh (Swan Road and Blood In Our Wells especially for this vocal style) and Hate Forest. Especially Hate Forest. Vocals are very close to Death Metal while the music is very much Black Metal.

And right now I'm struggling to think of other stuff, but if I do I'll post it. It's pretty late here and I'm tired.

2Eagle333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:39 am 

Depths_of_Depravity wrote:
well... I've always been a complete fucking noob when it comes to black metal, but the first black metal band I listened to, and my favorite black metal band is Abyssic Hate. I've heard them described as suicidal black metal, are there any other bands with that kind of genre?

Well, a band that I would probably describe as 'suicidal black metal' would be Anti (Ger), at least judging from their 'The Insignificance of life' album.
Well, the proper term would be Depressive Black Metal, at least for them, but...

Mors_Gloria
See? Marge was right!! ^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:30 pm 

2Eagle333 wrote:
well... I've always been a complete fucking noob when it comes to black metal, but the first black metal band I listened to, and my favorite black metal band is Abyssic Hate. I've heard them described as suicidal black metal, are there any other bands with that kind of genre?

Well, a band that I would probably describe as 'suicidal black metal' would be Anti (Ger), at least judging from their 'The Insignificance of life' album.
Well, the proper term would be Depressive Black Metal, at least for them, but...

I am going to second Anti. They are great :thumbsup:

Cretinhopper wrote:

1) Catchy folk-styled and themed black metal without any acoustic instruments or keyboards. Clean folky male vocals favored.

2) Black metal with low guttural (death metal) vocals rather than high-pitched screams. NO death/black.

1) Only Volkolak get close to the description you gave. Folk-styled Black Metal without keyboards and acoustic instruments with clean male vocals is difficult to find.

2) Kamaedzitca. They fit perfectly your demand and they are slightly folky too.

You could also try Rotting Christ and Thou Art Lord. Sakis Tolis takes an interesting approach to vocals. His vocals are pretty throaty and low-pitched (compared to other BM vocalists at least).

deathcorpse
Super Cres at Best

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:57 pm 

I already checked out this and that, and these are the bands of interest I grabbed from this post:

Akista, Nyktalgia, Torgeist, Forest Of Fog, and Taarma. Thanks again!

deathcorpse
Super Cres at Best

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:01 pm 

2Eagle333 wrote:

I third it...great album.

Cretinhopper
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:31 pm 

Thanks.

Call_From_The_Tower wrote:
For the first one I would possibly recommend Falkenbach, although they do have quite a few acoustic and keyboard passages. A lot of clean vocals though and very catchy, with more of an emphasis on the BM.

Also, try Helheim. They're pretty much straight up Black/Viking metal with few acoustic passages or keyboards. Much more a traditional Black Metal band with folk/Viking themes. Very furious.

I'm not really looking for viking metal, but I'll check Helheim out. I've been planning to buy some Falkenbach for a while now :)

As for the other one, you could check out later Drudkh (Swan Road and Blood In Our Wells especially for this vocal style) and Hate Forest. Especially Hate Forest. Vocals are very close to Death Metal while the music is very much Black Metal.

Autumn Aurora is pretty good, so I might aswell get some later material.

Hate Forest's vocals are too low, and the music isn't my style either :|

Mors_Gloria wrote:

1) Only Volkolak get close to the description you gave. Folk-styled Black Metal without keyboards and acoustic instruments with clean male vocals is difficult to find.

Not really what I was looking for, but this is pretty good. Slava Yarile is on discount, so I'll just buy it, even though it seems pretty acoustic.

Note that clean vocals are not a must.

Mors_Gloria wrote:
2) Kamaedzitca. They fit perfectly your demand and they are slightly folky too.

Hm. Can't find any samples. Gotta buy a tape or something.

Mors_Gloria wrote:
You could also try Rotting Christ and Thou Art Lord. Sakis Tolis takes an interesting approach to vocals. His vocals are pretty throaty and low-pitched (compared to other BM vocalists at least).

I saw Rotting Christ live last summer and didn't like them.

Last edited by Cretinhopper on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WinterBliss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:05 pm 

Kruel wrote:
Great thread. I want extremely hateful black metal, in the vein of Belketre and Mutiilation; insane vocals and raw production are required. I haven't found a single band more hateful than the two I mentioned, so I'll be grateful if someone can find something more hateful.

Antaeus is for you. Raw, hateful, fast, brutal black metal from France. Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan is a good place to start; Blood Libels is great too.

Depths_of_Depravity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:11 pm 

Mors_Gloria wrote:
2Eagle333 wrote:

I am going to second Anti. They are great :thumbsup:

I checked them out, they're exactly what I'm looking for thanks :)

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:27 pm 

Cretinhopper wrote:

Black metal with low guttural (death metal) vocals rather than high-pitched screams. NO death/black.

1. Get some Hades, Skyforger, Kampfar, and Mock. You may also like early Primordial. Edit: Forgot about Isengard, you might like them too.

2. Drawing Down the Moon by Beherit (but you probably already know that one), and The One (not quite guttural but definitely low).

tjmoening
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:47 am 

Mors_Gloria wrote:
I've noticed that a lot of regulars have yet to discover the magic that Black Metal provides. So, this thread is to help them (and others of course, not just regulards) to discover it.

Basically, you just have to come here, describe the sound you want and your favourite genre and we'll hint you towards that.

Keep'em coming :)

You might enjoy the Norwegian band Taake. Hateful enough to wear Swastikas on stage in Germany.... that takes balls huh???

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:53 am 

tjmoening wrote:
Mors_Gloria wrote:
I've noticed that a lot of regulars have yet to discover the magic that Black Metal provides. So, this thread is to help them (and others of course, not just regulards) to discover it.

Basically, you just have to come here, describe the sound you want and your favourite genre and we'll hint you towards that.

You might enjoy the Norwegian band Taake. Hateful enough to wear Swastikas on stage in Germany.... that takes balls huh???

You don't know who Mors_Gloria is, do you? Don't reccommend BM bands to him unless they're extremely obscure.
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

tjmoening
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:08 am 

Kruel wrote:
tjmoening wrote:
Mors_Gloria wrote:

You don't know who Mors_Gloria is, do you? Don't reccommend BM bands to him unless they're extremely obscure.

My appologies, we must be talking about a forementioned "Black Metal Elitist", like from earlier posts?!?! HAHA!!! How about the band Mord from Norway, they are pretty raw and hateful, at least I think so?!?!

Call_From_The_Tower
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:10 am 

tjmoening wrote:
My appologies, we must be talking about a forementioned "Black Metal Elitist", like from earlier posts?!?! HAHA!!! How about the band Mord from Norway, they are pretty raw and hateful, at least I think so?!?!

Either that or someone who has extensive knowledge of Black Metal and doesn't need to be recommended stuff. But he must be an elitist.

RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:23 am 

You know that black metal band that a couple of guys thought about starting? Even thought of a name, but then just decided against it? Mors_Gloria does...
Death metal is eternal.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:16 am 

RedMisanthrope wrote:
You know that black metal band that a couple of guys thought about starting? Even thought of a name, but then just decided against it? Mors_Gloria does...

:lol: We should have a thread on "bands that thought about starting, but decided against it."
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Mors_Gloria
See? Marge was right!! ^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:32 am 

Cretinhopper wrote:

Not really what I was looking for, but this is pretty good. Slava Yarile is on discount, so I'll just buy it, even though it seems pretty acoustic album.

Note that clean vocals are not a must.

Well, I'd buy Slava Yarile too if I ever had the chance because it's an awesome album but I have to warn you that it is a straight-up Folk album. No Metal traces at all. The last album (Dark Shrine Of Scales) is their only Metal album (pretty good I'd say).

Cretinhopper wrote:
Hm. Can't find any samples. Gotta buy a tape or something.

Don't worry. I will upload the Cd and I will send it to you.

BM_DM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:37 pm 

Joeltl1349 wrote:
Also, I do own the Amesoeurs/Valfunde split.. Unexpectedly though, I received it on vinyl format (which I guess is probably the only format on which it was released). I do have a record player, but I need to find a way to get those songs on my iPod.. point is, I haven't listened to it yet.

I'm not too sure about getting tracks off of vinyls, but do yourself a very big favour and listen to it. The Valfunde side is amazing. Takes a couple of listens to really let it sink in, but after that you have yourself some incredible music.

I couldn't agree less.

Amesoeurs & Valfunde: doubtless tucked away at this moment writing the soundtrack for the emperor to don his new clothes to.

EverSoSentient
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:08 pm 

I've got something special in mind here. From the country black metal thread a few days ago I found out about Blood Cult. Now I want more in the same vein. Black Metal infused with traditional heavy metal and southern rock, but still keeping that old-school BM vibe and not too far towards the sludge end of the spectrum.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 142  Next