Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:01 am 

Machine_Dead wrote:
Moker - slamming death metal/deathcore with very catchy melodic interceptions, hardcore attitude included.. and they really sound like a sledgehammer ('Moker' = Dutch for 'sledgehammer ;) ) bands that come to mind are Skinless, Dying Fetus, old All Shall Perish,..

I love their new album. Reviewed it too.

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:33 am 

New Annotations of An Autopsy sounds very promising. They released a new song titled 'In Snakes I Bathe' on their myspace. It may be too soon to tell but judging by this song it seems like they are progressing in the right direction.

http://www.myspace.com/annotationsofanautopsy

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:23 pm 

MySpace player isn't loading with me.. whats the general sound of it?

NonEsDignus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:36 pm 

It is significantly more death metal oriented. I guess they are Job-for-a-Cowboying over to death metal. The song is quite good.

EDIT: Also, a general recommendation: Try the band Fallen Figure. I saw them live in Lompoc last night, and they were fantastic. I bought their demo for a dollar, totally worth it. They play a very death metal oriented form of deathcore. The breakdowns are minimal, and feel pretty natural when they come. Quite technical as well.

http://www.myspace.com/fallenfigure

CrownOvHorns
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:39 pm 

RevBau wrote:
New Annotations of An Autopsy sounds very promising. They released a new song titled 'In Snakes I Bathe' on their myspace. It may be too soon to tell but judging by this song it seems like they are progressing in the right direction.

http://www.myspace.com/annotationsofanautopsy

The instrumental aspect is fine, but the vocals sound like he's singing through a really shitty microphone.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:12 pm 

Recently I've been starting to listen to a lot more of The Red Chord, All Shall Perish and Despised Icon, basically most of the "credited as one of the originators of deathcore"-bands. I like most deathcore bands I've heard that don't use these annoying BMTH/Suicide Silence screams, more hardcore oriented growl/screams appeal to me.
I like the chaotic nature of The Red Chord, the varying vocals of both Despised Icon and All Shall Perish and the guitars in All Shall Perish.
Any recommendations? Two bands I have in mind already are As Blood Runs Black and Whitechapel that I mean to look up as soon as I can.

Edit: Forgot about Veil Of Maya, that's a really good deathcore band too that I like.

darkdead wrote:
I have still quarrelling the musician.

CrownOvHorns
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:46 pm 

Rottenrectum wrote:
Recently I've been starting to listen to a lot more of The Red Chord, All Shall Perish and Despised Icon, basically most of the "credited as one of the originators of deathcore"-bands. I like most deathcore bands I've heard that don't use these annoying BMTH/Suicide Silence screams, more hardcore oriented growl/screams appeal to me.
I like the chaotic nature of The Red Chord, the varying vocals of both Despised Icon and All Shall Perish and the guitars in All Shall Perish.
Any recommendations? Two bands I have in mind already are As Blood Runs Black and Whitechapel that I mean to look up as soon as I can.

Edit: Forgot about Veil Of Maya, that's a really good deathcore band too that I like.

Here Comes the Kraken. :nods:

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:52 pm 

CrownOvHorns wrote:
Rottenrectum wrote:

Here Comes the Kraken. :nods:

My god that has to be the most terrible band name I've ever heard, BUT! the music was actually the kind I was looking for. I was expecting some Dr. Acula/wecamewithbrokenteeth clone but no, this was good.

darkdead wrote:

HumanCollapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:37 pm 

Here Comes the Kraken is shit. Don't know why they get any positive attention.

You may like Culling the Weak since you like ASP.

Also, Moker, Molotov Solution, and Diluvian might interest you.

Wiggl3s
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:57 pm 

Anyone know of any groove/trashcore similar to machine head, devil driver, god forbid, etc?

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:56 pm 

HumanCollapse wrote:

I liked their album, I think it's the other way around, they get shit because of the name and genre they belong to. Most metalfans automatically assumes a band is shit if it has deathcore stamped in the forehead, especially with a name like that. Anyway, each to his own.
Culling The Weak was great too, I really liked the melodic parts. Same with Diluvian.

darkdead wrote:

DemonX99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:44 pm 

Rottenrectum wrote:

The Red Shore - Technical Deathcore, guys are very talented and the music is awesome, lots of variation.

Last House On the Left - Blackened Deathcore, (NOT like Abigail Williams) one of the more original -core acts I've listened to. Definitely check them
out.

The Partisan Turbine - It's NOT EXACTLY deathcore, but it's got breakdown s and could technically pass as deathcore. Very fast riffs, heavy slams and breakdowns with gutturals and squeals. Great band.

Thy Art is Murder - Sort of like The Red Shore.

Molotov Solution - Great deathcore band, their best material is the split they did with War From a Harlot's Mouth.

Arsonists Get All the Girls - Experimental Deathcore, you've probably heard of them though. Very original and have a lot of great ideas, one of my favorite bands.

I Declare War - A bit generic, but decent and with low gutturals.

Misericordiam - They used to be shitty deathcore, but their lated release is death/grind so you should check that out. Amazing shit.

All I can think of at the top of my head, hope it helps :P

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:55 pm 

Good call on the Australian bands, both are really good. I've heard of them all except Last House On the Left, but I will check them out again anyway.

darkdead wrote:

HumanCollapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:52 pm 

Rottenrectum wrote:
HumanCollapse wrote:

I liked their album, I think it's the other way around, they get shit because of the name and genre they belong to. Most metalfans automatically assumes a band is shit if it has deathcore stamped in the forehead, especially with a name like that. Anyway, each to his own.
Culling The Weak was great too, I really liked the melodic parts. Same with Diluvian.

I couldn't make it through the whole HCTK album personally. Found it very boring both musically and vocally, the vocals especially irritating me. Make sure to check out their lyrics for a good laugh though. :D

Glad you like the bands!

Mother_of_God
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:31 pm 

Only decent deathcore bands are Born of Osiris and All Shall Perish.
After the Burial and Beneath the Massacre are listenable...but that's about my limit for deathcore.

Neaera and Heaven Shall Burn are the only two metalcore bands worth caring about.

Also, I've heard endless praise for The Red Chord but haven't had the time to check them out... and Molotov Solution's music leaves a lot to be desired but their political/societal themed lyrics are among the best i've ever heard.

DemonX99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:05 pm 

Rottenrectum wrote:
Good call on the Australian bands, both are really good. I've heard of them all except Last House On the Left, but I will check them out again anyway.

Wasn't sure if you knew the more well known deathcore bands :P, so here's a couple less known ones.

Plague of Ashitaka - Technical Deathcore with a japanese theme.

A Different Breed of Killer - Good deathcore, somewhat technical.

From the Carnival of Horrors - Sort of like above^

Oceano - Scene kid deathcore, but it's surprisingly very heavy.

The Argent Dawn - Video game inspired deathcore, very good. I think they were even endorsed by Blizzard at one point.

The Boy Will Drown - Tech Deathcore.

HIROSHIMA WILL BURN - <---- THIS. Technical wank deathcore/metal, but very good I must say.

Martyr Defiled - Similar to Whitechapel.

Rose Funeral - Pretty average deathcore, but I seem to like them a lot.

Viatrophy - Melodic-ish deathcore.

Trigger the Bloodshed - Very fast, technical.

peddlerofdeath89
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:10 pm 

Trigger the Bloodshed isn't really that -core anymore as of their last album. More like death metal with some core remnants.

DemonX99 wrote:

This is what I think every time I listen to Rose Funeral. Mentally I feel like it's too simple and generic but for some reason I really like listening to it.

Also: Everyone should go check out the new Annotations of an Autopsy song they posted today. It's called Cryogenica. They're another example of a deathcore band going for a more straightforward death metal sound. The two new songs sound promising.

DemonX99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:08 pm 

Oh that's up already? They said .. oh shit they're from the UK haha.

New song is sick. Can't wait for this release. Cool cover art too.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:30 pm 

a fallen theory always had good songs imo and the reason i know about them is because someone recomended them to me on this site

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:28 am 

nice to see Moker being mentioned here a few times, really underrated band, not the deathcore we know from new wave of deathcore bands like Suicide Silence/Whitechapel/AAOA/.. (bands all those scene kids are into atm) the cool thing is, these guys have their own sound, i could pick them easily from a list of dozens of deathcore bands

plz do check em out if you don't know them yet, they really need some listeners, they're quite popular locally, i think they're an important band because they're representing the Belgian deathcore-scene, together with bands like Crimson Falls, Fatal Recoil, The End Of All Reason and Days Of Betrayal

http://www.myspace.com/mokermetal
http://www.last.fm/music/Moker

deathmetalfreak169
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 am 

About the only thing I listen to as far as metalcore goes is Soilwork's more recent stuff after Natural Born Chaos. It's really hard for me to get into anything with the term core in it. I guess there's something for everyone though. All That Remains has a decent sound as well. That's about as core as I go.

Cryptaria
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:27 am 

TheJester wrote:
The only metalcore that I sometimes enjoy listening to is the first album of The Human Abstract. Mainly for the last song on the CD, "Vela, Together We Await the Storm", but I still bought the CD and I enjoy it.

Great live performances, very technically oriented songs with a lot of soul too.

There's a certain line that "core" bands often stray into but the differences are, nevertheless, sometimes subtle and other times not. I listen to Lamb of God and I think "Pantera" but when I listen to Unearth I think "Biohazard" if that makes any sense. I'm a bigger fan of the former type.

I still don't understand what distinguishing characteristics that Between the Buried and Me had that warranted their removal when a band like As I Lay Dying remains on MA. Does anyone know what specific post or thread triggered this?

DemonX99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:49 pm 

Machine_Dead wrote:
nice to see Moker being mentioned here a few times, really underrated band, not the deathcore we know from new wave of deathcore bands like Suicide Silence/Whitechapel/AAOA/.. (bands all those scene kids are into atm) the cool thing is, these guys have their own sound, i could pick them easily from a list of dozens of deathcore bands

plz do check em out if you don't know them yet, they really need some listeners, they're quite popular locally, i think they're an important band because they're representing the Belgian deathcore-scene, together with bands like Crimson Falls, Fatal Recoil, The End Of All Reason and Days Of Betrayal

http://www.myspace.com/mokermetal
http://www.last.fm/music/Moker

Checked em out, and they're really good. Reminds me of Aborted but with deathcore influences.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:01 pm 

DemonX99 wrote:
Rottenrectum wrote:

Wasn't sure if you knew the more well known deathcore bands :P, so here's a couple less known ones.

The Argent Dawn - Video game inspired deathcore, very good. I think they were even endorsed by Blizzard at one point.

HIROSHIMA WILL BURN - <---- THIS. Technical wank deathcore/metal, but very good I must say.

hiroshima will burn should have never broke up imo they could have turned into one of the best techical death metal bands around imo with time their demo was horrible but their album was very good
that reminds me does anyone know any similar bands to hiroshima will burn? the only band that reminds me of them kinda is gallows for grace

peddlerofdeath89
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:
hiroshima will burn should have never broke up imo they could have turned into one of the best techical death metal bands around imo with time their demo was horrible but their album was very good
that reminds me does anyone know any similar bands to hiroshima will burn? the only band that reminds me of them kinda is gallows for grace

I haven't listened to them that much so I'm not sure how similar they are but, if you're into wanky technical deathcore (and I mean that in the best way possible) check out We are the Romans. http://www.myspace.com/wearetheromans

DemonX99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:
DemonX99 wrote:
Rottenrectum wrote:

Viraemia!
They're by no means deathcore but they are similar to HWB. Amazing band, I've fallen in love with their 5 band ep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAx5FPG ... re=related

The quality is horrible, and the album version sounds amazing, so don't be put off by youtube's killing of sound.

Also, Beneath the Massacre play technical deathcore if you don't already know of them.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 pm 

peddlerofdeath89 wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

I haven't listened to them that much so I'm not sure how similar they are but, if you're into wanky technical deathcore (and I mean that in the best way possible) check out We are the Romans. http://www.myspace.com/wearetheromans

thank you we are the romans sounds good so far(only checked out one song so far) they so far sound similar to hiroshima will burn, i think hiroshima will burn had the opinion that the weirder their music sounds the better(guitair wise anyways) so they are not as weird as hiroshima will burn in that way but they are a very good band
btw if anyone likes pig squeals and such(i know most people hate them) you might like a band called tomb of doom(horrible name)

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:44 pm 

We Are The Romans have only an EP out yet but it's very promising. I'm looking forward to hear more.

darkdead wrote:

astralfroind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:48 am 

hey i am searching something like Heart of a cowarD
http://www.myspace.com/heartofacoward
=> around the songs a girl in the 80s (the first half of the song), we stand as one
i really like the voice of the singer

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:56 pm 

hmm.. check out After The Burial .. and maybe Architects

and the screaming voice reminds me of (new) Bring Me The Horizon, so you might check them out as well if you don't know em.. they also have that type of groovish riffs on their latest album..

astralfroind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:11 am 

Thanks for Recommendation but I already know these Bands and only in some Moments these remind me of heart of a coward

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:44 am 

astralfroind wrote:
=> around the songs a girl in the 80s (the first half of the song), we stand as one

All these bands have the same type of riffing styles. Ion Dissonance is the only one Im a fan of but I figured Id throw a few more in incase you do find interest in them.

Check out Ion Dissonance, Bury Your Dead, The Acacia Strain, Emmure, American Me

Outisde of deathcore i think you may like Gojira and Meshuggah. Check them out aswell.

Acidchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:04 pm 

Technical deathcore in the vain of Beneath the Massacre?
I really dislike pretty much every deathcore band I've heard except them, but them again, I've only heard the super popular ones.

AWESOME BRUTAL DEATH METAL
CHECK IT OUT

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:40 pm 

Acidchrist wrote:
I really dislike pretty much every deathcore band I've heard except them, but them again, I've only heard the super popular ones.

Ive always loved Beneath The Massacre. There isnt any other deathcore band that really sounds like them. But there are some other overly technical Death metal bands like them that you may like.

BrainDrill
Vireamia

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:25 pm 

try Tigger The Bloodshed..

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:19 am 

The Red Shore too.

Acidchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 am 

Listened to be Trigger The Bloodshed and The Red Shore. Also looked at some of the bands described as technical deathcore in above posts.

I figure that most technical deathcore must be held to a much higher standard, because it's much more listenable to me than just standard deathcore.

AWESOME BRUTAL DEATH METAL
CHECK IT OUT

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:57 am 

Acidchrist wrote:

gallows for grace and hiroshima will burn

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:30 am 

Acidchrist wrote:
Listened to be Trigger The Bloodshed and The Red Shore. Also looked at some of the bands described as technical deathcore in above posts.

I figure that most technical deathcore must be held to a much higher standard, because it's much more listenable to me than just standard deathcore.

Totally. I like deathcore, but technical deathcore is a lot more enjoyable than standard deathcore - and kind of more 'fun' than standard brutal death metal based tech death.

Check out Born of Osiris, Animosity, Veil of Maya, The Red Chord and Hiroshima Will Burn.

astralfroind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:58 pm 

RevBau wrote:
astralfroind wrote:

All these bands have the same type of riffing styles. Ion Dissonance is the only one Im a fan of but I figured Id throw a few more in incase you do find interest in them.

Check out Ion Dissonance, Bury Your Dead, The Acacia Strain, Emmure, American Me

Outisde of deathcore i think you may like Gojira and Meshuggah. Check them out aswell.

Thanks you Sir/Lady :D
Ion Dissonance, Emmure, Bury you Dead is definitely a win for me
so more tipps would be nice

Gojira, Meshuggah not bad to

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 35  Next