Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:03 pm 

wigglygore wrote:
Do you know of any Agathocles worship bands?

worship's a big word, but early nineties the were a lot of bands sounding alot like'm (often not as good though, I must admit) but I mostly recall Acoustic Grinder being very similar. And of course ROT from Brasil!

Early Malignant Tumour also sounded similar a lot! But do check out Malignant Tumour's Dawn Of A New Age. I'm sure you'll love it!

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:20 pm 

Thank you, morbert and wigglygore!:thumbsup:

spectreofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:44 pm 

morbert wrote:
wigglygore wrote:
Do you know of any Agathocles worship bands?

worship's a big word, but early nineties the were a lot of bands sounding alot like'm (often not as good though, I must admit) but I mostly recall Acoustic Grinder being very similar. And of course ROT from Brasil!

Early Malignant Tumour also sounded similar a lot! But do check out Malignant Tumour's Dawn Of A New Age. I'm sure you'll love it!

all good recs, Agathocles makes some good grind.

TyranTReX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:02 pm 

Well Behaved Women - Quint's Last Stand

Youtube it, the epitome of fucking bad-assery around 2:30, holy shit!

Usefulidiot42
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:01 pm 

Check out Archagathus from Winnipeg for some good Agathocles worship, they only have two vinyl releases and they're splits with Agathocles and Unholy Grave, so you know it's good.

~Guest 135210
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:07 pm 

I don't know much grindcore, just Terrorizer, Napalm Death, Repulsion, some Discordance Axis and some other bands. Can anyone recommend some headbangable album with rotten sound such as Repulsion - Horrified?

Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:19 pm 

TyranTReX wrote:
Well Behaved Women - Quint's Last Stand

Youtube it, the epitome of fucking bad-assery around 2:30, holy shit!

Wrong thread.

That's some pretty interesting deathcore though.

Karnstein Records
www.karnsteinrecords.com

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:12 pm 

Galaahd wrote:
I don't know much grindcore, just Terrorizer, Napalm Death, Repulsion, some Discordance Axis and some other bands. Can anyone recommend some headbangable album with rotten sound such as Repulsion - Horrified?

You partially answered your own question. :thumbsup:

I'd also add Bolt Thrower-"In Battle There Is No Law", Insect Warfare-"Endless Execution Through Violent Restitution", anything by P.L.F. and Brutal Truth's "Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses".

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:16 pm 

Galaahd wrote:

That can't be a coincidence.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:51 pm 

You just never know, man.

spectreofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:23 pm 

bands similar to Assuck?

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:32 am 

Galaahd wrote:

For some highly headbangable stuff, check out...
- Agenda of Swine: Wave of Human Suffering
- Captain Cleanoff: Symphonies of Slackness
- The Day Everything Became Nothing: Le Mort
- Insect Warfare: World Extermination
- Mumakil: Customized Warfare
- Pig Destroyer: Terrifyer
- P.L.F.: Crushing Fury of Bastardization
- Rotten Sound: Cycles

Agenda of Swine, P.L.F. and Pig Destroyer all inject a good dose of thrash into their grind. Captain Cleanoff, The Day Everything Became Nothing, and Mumakil all sport some serious grooves though otherwise they aren't too similar. Rotten Sound and Insect Warfare blast with reckless aplomb and then whip up some great headbanging riffs. All great stuff.
But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound

http://www.last.fm/user/Axel_Sikth

~Guest 135210
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:29 am 

theposega wrote:
Galaahd wrote:

You partially answered your own question. :thumbsup:

I'd also add Bolt Thrower-"In Battle There Is No Law", Insect Warfare-"Endless Execution Through Violent Restitution", anything by P.L.F. and Brutal Truth's "Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses".

Yeah I wrote Rotten Sound with a purpose :D

I already have In battle there is no law and I love it, thanks for the other albums.

morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:25 pm 

Galaahd wrote:

Really, try the Peel Sessions by Unseen Terror. It has the effective brutal sound their studio album lacked. Their music really comes to live.
But also if you're into real old GC, you shan't miss S.O.B "Don't Be Swindle", Blood "Impulse To Destroy" and anything by Fear Of God from Switserland!
And talking about rotten sound... also try Agathocles "Black Clouds Determinate"

~Guest 135210
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:31 pm 

It's curious that you mention that live... I prefer live Napalm Death rather than studio (at least the early albums).

morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:51 am 

Galaahd wrote:
It's curious that you mention that live... I prefer live Napalm Death rather than studio (at least the early albums).

Well, I mentioend something similar in my Napalm Death - Peel Sessions '87-'88 review concerning Scum songs especially.
F.E.T.O. however sounds perfect the way it is i.m.o.

spectreofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:29 pm 

spectreofdeath wrote:
bands similar to Assuck?

brogamyr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:05 am 

Prob in the wrong thread here, but does anyone know something like Macabre's album Gloom?

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:42 am 

Two birds in one stone: I don't listen to either Macabre or Assuck sorry guys. From what i have heard/read, i would have thought as Macabre more death metal orientated...?

brogamyr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:01 pm 

wigglygore wrote:
Two birds in one stone: I don't listen to either Macabre or Assuck sorry guys. From what i have heard/read, i would have thought as Macabre more death metal orientated...?

Well first off, I'm a total n00b when it comes to grind. But yeah Macabre does incoporated some death metal influences, as well as thrash. But Gloom is their more grind orientated I think.

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:16 pm 

Ive heard a few tracks of their 'beatles' album, and the 'campfire songs' album, as much as a few years ago. If you are more specific in what you are after, it would be much easier to help you. Just have a read thru previous requests/reccommendations and hit up some myspace pages and have a listen like i always do!

brogamyr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:05 pm 

wigglygore wrote:
Ive heard a few tracks of their 'beatles' album, and the 'campfire songs' album, as much as a few years ago. If you are more specific in what you are after, it would be much easier to help you. Just have a read thru previous requests/reccommendations and hit up some myspace pages and have a listen like i always do!

Alright then, I'll be more specific. Looking for some fast, aggressive grind, but with enough variation between songs to keep it interesting. Lyrical themes I don't really care about, as long if its not too ridiculously gore inspired. (don't get me wrong, I like goregrind, but some bands can over do it.)

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:39 pm 

Based on that little information again, i would think these bands may be a good place to start. They are a little all over the place in terms of styles, but you will start to get a general idea of whats out there.

Captain Cleanoff - Incorperate many styles into their aggressively raging grooving grind attack.
The Kill - Damn fast and aggressive. Not much varience, but great intensity and riffing.
Napalm Death - I dont usually reccommend these guys much, but hey why not! First two albums are not always to every grind fans tastes, but they are great. Fast, aggressive and varied.
Brutal Truth - Fast, aggressive and varied, with some good grooves.
Pig Destroyer - Aggressive and varied. Scott Hull is a grind riffmaster and throws out an insane amount of quality grind/thrash inspired riffs and incorperates some killer headbanging grooves.
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - A Scott Hull project. A hateful riff frenzy and a very well programmed drum-machine that runs at 1000bpm.
Insect Warfare - I dont listen to these guys at all, but they would be possibly what your after and they have a lot of fans in this thread.

There is a varience of 'fast, aggressive and varied' recs, hopefully you'll find something you like in there!

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:04 pm 

spectreofdeath wrote:
bands similar to Assuck?

Insect Warfare's Endless Execution Through Violent Restitution has a good bit of full-speed-ahead thrashy chaos reminiscent of Assuck, if you haven't checked there yet.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:12 pm 

wigglygore wrote:
Based on that little information again, i would think these bands may be a good place to start. They are a little all over the place in terms of styles, but you will start to get a general idea of whats out there.

Captain Cleanoff - Incorperate many styles into their aggressively raging grooving grind attack.
The Kill - Damn fast and aggressive. Not much varience, but great intensity and riffing.
Napalm Death - I dont usually reccommend these guys much, but hey why not! First two albums are not always to every grind fans tastes, but they are great. Fast, aggressive and varied.
Pig Destroyer - Aggressive and varied. Scott Hull is a grind riffmaster and throws out an insane amount of quality grind/thrash inspired riffs and incorperates some killer headbanging grooves.
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - A Scott Hull project. A hateful riff frenzy and a very well programmed drum-machine that runs at 1000bpm.
Insect Warfare - I dont listen to these guys at all, but they would be possibly what your after and they have a lot of fans in this thread.

There is a varience of 'fast, aggressive and varied' recs, hopefully you'll find something you like in there!

Also worth noting, check out early Brutal Truth first. Their later stuff is very hard to get into.

brogamyr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:15 pm 

wigglygore wrote:

Thanks dude, I already know a couple of them by name, but haven't checked them out yet.

Jebator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:49 pm 

I can't believe no one mentioned the mighty Gadget here. If you're into grind in the vein of Nasum or Rotten Sound, you must check Gadget's "The Funeral March". Really good stuff.

And, if someone of you guys is interested in a groovy blend of rock-ish grindcore, check out Neuropathia, espaceially their latest two releases "Buba Luciferi" and "Satan Owns your Stereo". You will NOT be dissapointed!

ashamed_of_my_cum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:08 pm 

Noisear, Avulsion, Population Reduction, Poser Disposer, Mesrine, Wasteoid.

These are all Fucking amazong grind bands. Don't hesitate to listen.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:13 pm 

Please, for the love of Shane Embury, don't just make open reccomendations. They tend to cause the threads to get closed.

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:25 am 

Jebator wrote:
And, if someone of you guys is interested in a groovy blend of rock-ish grindcore, check out Neuropathia, espaceially their latest two releases "Buba Luciferi" and "Satan Owns your Stereo". You will NOT be dissapointed!

Ive got 'Satan Is A Cunt' and 'Graveyard Cowboys' and thought they were decent, but too plain to give me any motivation to check out their newer releases. Would you say their newer albums are better than their old? Also on the topic of 'groovy rock-ish grindcore', its more than worth your while checking out Splatterwhore - 'Kaviar Die-Hards'. Huge rocking grooves while remaining brutal and headbanging as hell.

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:00 am 

ashamed_of_my_cum wrote:
Noisear, Avulsion, Population Reduction, Poser Disposer, Mesrine, Wasteoid.

These are all Fucking amazong grind bands. Don't hesitate to listen.

Population Reduction is awesome. BLACK METAL BEACH PARTY! :headbang:

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:53 pm 

I was listening to Weekend Nachos for the first time (their tracks from 'This Comp Kills Fascists') and I really like the sound these guys have going on. It's as if the Cro-Mags, after writing Age of Quarrel, decided to be a sludgy d-beat band. Cool stuff.

Daakkon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:59 pm 

can anyone name some bands similar to exhumed/impaled/ghoul?

burning_pyre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:22 pm 

haha cool thread indeed, hows about sperm swamp, riggor mortis, nun whore commando 666, gut, gohnerea pussy, devoured flesh regurgitation, gluttony.

to name a few
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.theultimategrind.proboards.com

brutal_osoto_gari
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 pm 

i recommend these japanese bands; Hydrophobia, Realized and Swarrrm....i also recommend Mumakil, Insect Warfare and Pig Destroyer

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:39 pm 

burning_pyre wrote:
hows about sperm swamp,

Lazily cut from the Electrogrind thread

Being a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Libido Airbag fan, i did have a lot of hope for this genre as i started looking into it, but the bands that are actually half decent are about one in a million. People think that Black Metal suffers from too many 'bedroom bands', i really think the cybergrind scene gives BM a run for its money in this regards. The amount of 'projects' out there that consists of a really poorly programmed 'Fruity Loops' beat and diahorrea/liquidised/pitchshifted vocals over the top is really quite sad. Especially considering the fact that most of these jokes for bands are getting released on labels.

Parkinson Wankfist Pleasures is probably the most predominant label for releasing Cybergrind. I think its great that the guy who runs it supports 'the under-underground' so well, but he has to draw the line somewhere as there has been some real fucking shit released on this label. I really don't like Spermswamp at all, and i hate how the band has helped pave the way for really boring and uninteresting cybergrind acts by people with no talent, same goes for SMES. Even tho i can tolerate SMES a lot more than other acts, he really has open the gates for retarted 'digi-grind'.

metalfreak_1994
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:56 am 

I have never really listen to grindcore. All I know it's faster than thrash metal, and I love thrash metal. I was wondering if someone could reccomend me a super ultra fast grindcore band. By the way, I already know about Pig Destroyer and Napalm Death.

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:02 am 

metalfreak_1994 wrote:
I have never really listen to grindcore. All I know it's faster than thrash metal, and I love thrash metal. I was wondering if someone could reccomend me a super ultra fast grindcore band. By the way, I already know about Pig Destroyer and Napalm Death.

Umm. They're more hyper-speed thrash metal than grind, but check out Hayaino Daisuki. Speed freaks, for sure. Also, check out out Gridlink, also fronted by Jon Chang.

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:22 am 

metalfreak_1994 wrote:
I was wondering if someone could reccomend me a super ultra fast grindcore band.

Ye requested super ultra fast grindcore, so ye shall recieve.

The Kill - http://www.myspace.com/thekillgrind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g03sRd1j ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW6hJxsq ... re=related

Luisangel91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:50 pm 

Daakkon wrote:
can anyone name some bands similar to exhumed/impaled/ghoul?

Check Out Frightmare and Righteous Pigs

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 102  Next