Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 735
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:55 am 
 

Hey there, Rec Central.

Today, I am looking for some Death Metal with the following attributes and qualities and what have you. I'd like as many, if not all, the things listed below. Any help is appreciated.

Lyrics: Absolutely NO GORE, NO SEX, and limited anti-religious lyrics. I'm looking for some lyrics that go somewhat outside the box. I can't stand any of the mentioned categories of lyrics after listening to an ocean of bands who use ONLY one of the type of lyrics i mentioned. Anything thought-provoking and not containing sex and gore is welcomed.

Vocals: No ultra low burps or squeals, or bree brees or farting vocals at all. Think Fleshgod Apocalypse or Hour of Penance for vocal styles. Use of high/low dual vocals is a definite plus. Also, any quick/fast lines or verses are a must; again, think FA and HoP

Guitars: Not too picky, just nothing too muddy and sound should be clear without being too dull; having an impact

Drums: No bongo drums a la Hate Eternal or trash can beating. Behemoth's Evangelion or Demigod is the preferred sound.

Bass: Nothing in particular, just not way up in the mix to the point where it overshadows the guitars

The music its self should contain decent guitar solos with no random shredding or out of the blue noises, excellent use of blast beats, and obviously great riffs.

Again, most, if not all, the above should be included. Thanks!
_________________
Ribos wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
Last time I went on 4chan I saw a dude surrounded by a ton of dicks and decided to get off.

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Top
 Profile  
Mimogrede
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:25 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Slovenia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:43 am 
 

You might have heard of them, since they are mentioned quite a lot here on MA, but this band fits your description quite well, exept the bass might bother you a bit, since you said it should be too high in the mix, but worth a try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA0zEIJ0 ... re=related
_________________
Metantoine wrote:
Quesadillas are the true enemies of metal...

Top
 Profile  
Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:54 am
Posts: 545
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:34 am 
 

I suppose you've heard Decapitated before? Their vocals are pretty deep, but you won't see any fast vocal passages:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G1S-YBtbx4

And Allegaeon are a bit more melodic than Decapitated, and the lyrics deal with scientific themes. Vocals are a mid-ranged scream, but they're worth checking out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69398LqzyJg
_________________
hippiedrow, on the new Skeletonwitch album wrote:
I remember back when Beyond the Permafrost came out. I was eating a lot of Asian wok-style foods, so now whenever Skeletonwitch is mentioned I get the pleasant taste of noodles in my mouth.

Top
 Profile  
AcidWorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:37 pm
Posts: 2806
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:50 am 
 

I would actually really like that Beyond Creation song if it wasn't for the clicky as heck modern drum trigger junk. Shame as this turns me off to a lot of metal.
_________________
In reference to Baby Metal
tanabata wrote:
I heard one of the moderators blacklisted them because of his subjective opinion. Well If that is the case, you sir have shit taste and you ain't my nigga!

Top
 Profile  
IntoNevermore
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:31 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Venezuela
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:21 am 
 

I'm seconding Allegaeon and these are my two recs:

Archspire, may have a bit of random shredding, but, they have fast vocal lines and great drums, so give them a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRpAcAL3Uek

Man Must Die, another band that worths a listen if you want tech death with excellent use of blast beats and decent guitars with not too much wankery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLlCJllefYw
_________________
Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Soundcloud

Top
 Profile  
Christ_ins_anity
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Chile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:07 pm 
 

Maybe you know them, but Spawn of Possession are really technical with a good dose of brutal, nice lyrics and top notch musicians.

Their latest album, "Incurso" is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av3MdFvJDKg

Top
 Profile  
Indecency
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:15 pm
Posts: 608
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:19 pm 
 

A lot of these have a little -core in the them. It's fine though, with the tech and the brutality, you probably won't be able to tell.

These are the best of my Brutal Tech. If you want Melodic, I got a whole lot more.

Aborted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpRzKDVs_h0
Beneath the Massacre http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r3oK3MAv0A
Burning the Masses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luoqNDY7HeQ
Deeds of Flesh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfpTCceS8-k
Despised Icon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56rFr_62eg8
Diskreet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcojZTg0mkc
The Faceless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UbZ2k0MS94
Ease of Disgust http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_achgE-mx-E
The Last Felony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bQtVIs8BjM
Oscillator http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFZtDZfEvzs
Upheaval http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw_iuuARDk0

Top
 Profile  
Evangelion2014
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 2:59 am
Posts: 438
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:46 pm 
 

These recs should be to your liking, though some stray further to tech than to brutal.

Odious Mortem might work standard californian tech/brutal dm, though their lyrics can get gory in the abstract sense:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdx1oLZurkc

Mithras is another, spacey experimental brutal death:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWxOABpcZBE

Sickening Horror is squarely in tech rather than brutal but they have a groovy, technical industrial tinged sound:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GixrBm4hkU

In case you haven't heard of them, ulcerate:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOwK7LXUNxY

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 735
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:24 pm 
 

Mimogrede wrote:
You might have heard of them, since they are mentioned quite a lot here on MA, but this band fits your description quite well, exept the bass might bother you a bit, since you said it should be too high in the mix, but worth a try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA0zEIJ0 ... re=related


Perfect! Wow, i didn't expect to find a band that completely fit my description. Longer track are always a plus, too. Thanks so much!

Dave_o_rama wrote:
I suppose you've heard Decapitated before? Their vocals are pretty deep, but you won't see any fast vocal passages:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G1S-YBtbx4

And Allegaeon are a bit more melodic than Decapitated, and the lyrics deal with scientific themes. Vocals are a mid-ranged scream, but they're worth checking out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69398LqzyJg


Decapitated are one of my favorite tech death bands for sure (and i've heard that song waaayyy to many times btw :lol: )

Allegaeon are pretty cool as well. The opening riff was awesome. Vocals are a little bit too -core sounding but I can definitely deal with it. Thank You.

AcidWorm wrote:
I would actually really like that Beyond Creation song if it wasn't for the clicky as heck modern drum trigger junk. Shame as this turns me off to a lot of metal.


Funny, I actually REALLY like clicky drums like that. It makes machine gun/stop and go parts really cool :-D

IntoNevermore wrote:
I'm seconding Allegaeon and these are my two recs:

Archspire, may have a bit of random shredding, but, they have fast vocal lines and great drums, so give them a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRpAcAL3Uek

Man Must Die, another band that worths a listen if you want tech death with excellent use of blast beats and decent guitars with not too much wankery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLlCJllefYw


Goddamn, Archspire was almost TOO fast. Will definitely be purchasing later today

As for Man Must Die, they are already on my list of Albums to buy.

Christ_ins_anity wrote:
Maybe you know them, but Spawn of Possession are really technical with a good dose of brutal, nice lyrics and top notch musicians.

Their latest album, "Incurso" is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av3MdFvJDKg


I'm already a big SoP fan but thanks for the rec, since they do fit what I was looking for.

Indecency wrote:
A lot of these have a little -core in the them. It's fine though, with the tech and the brutality, you probably won't be able to tell.

These are the best of my Brutal Tech. If you want Melodic, I got a whole lot more.

Aborted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpRzKDVs_h0
Beneath the Massacre http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r3oK3MAv0A
Burning the Masses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luoqNDY7HeQ
Deeds of Flesh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfpTCceS8-k
Despised Icon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56rFr_62eg8
Diskreet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcojZTg0mkc
The Faceless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UbZ2k0MS94
Ease of Disgust http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_achgE-mx-E
The Last Felony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bQtVIs8BjM
Oscillator http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFZtDZfEvzs
Upheaval http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw_iuuARDk0


Wow, that's a lot.

I'm listening to Aborted now, I didn't really care for Beneath the Massacre, Didn't like the Faceless, and I'll be listening to the rest later today.

Thanks a lot!

Evangelion2014 wrote:
These recs should be to your liking, though some stray further to tech than to brutal.

Odious Mortem might work standard californian tech/brutal dm, though their lyrics can get gory in the abstract sense:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdx1oLZurkc

Mithras is another, spacey experimental brutal death:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWxOABpcZBE

Sickening Horror is squarely in tech rather than brutal but they have a groovy, technical industrial tinged sound:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GixrBm4hkU

In case you haven't heard of them, ulcerate:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOwK7LXUNxY


Odious was a little all over the place but not bad. I'll be listening to the rest later today.

Thanks again to all for their recs
_________________
Ribos wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
Last time I went on 4chan I saw a dude surrounded by a ton of dicks and decided to get off.

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Top
 Profile  
WingedOctopus
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:41 pm
Posts: 219
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:39 pm 
 

Christ_ins_anity wrote:
Maybe you know them, but Spawn of Possession are really technical with a good dose of brutal, nice lyrics and top notch musicians.

Their latest album, "Incurso" is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av3MdFvJDKg

I loved this album.

Be sure to check out the new Job for a Cowboy album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V42nDLnLwfE

Top
 Profile  
Indecency
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:15 pm
Posts: 608
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:12 pm 
 

I'm curious as to why you didn't like the Beneath the Massacre link? Was it too melodic?

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 735
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:03 am 
 

Indecency wrote:
I'm curious as to why you didn't like the Beneath the Massacre link? Was it too melodic?


To be honest, I just found it kind of bland. No real reason, just nothing about it was inspiring to me is all.
_________________
Ribos wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
Last time I went on 4chan I saw a dude surrounded by a ton of dicks and decided to get off.

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Top
 Profile  
InfernoxDeath
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:40 am
Posts: 475
Location: Singapore
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:51 am 
 

Perhaps you might want to give Pitbulls in the Nursery from France a shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCPwQzNaiuE
_________________
https://twitter.com/thoughtsovrobin
http://www.last.fm/user/InfernoxDeath

Top
 Profile  
joppek
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:36 am
Posts: 925
Location: Suomi Finland Perkele
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:09 am 
 

a couple of tech death favs: anata & neuraxis
anata has a fair amount of anti-religious lyrics, but they tend to be much better than the usual "rape jesus herp derp" stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbC50C_J7ws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEUTlyRVZjM
_________________
All the best bands are affiliated with Satan. -Bart Simpson

Top
 Profile  
Misfit74
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1584
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:15 pm 
 

Vengeful's self-titled (2011) and their album The Omnipresent Curse (2009)
Hail Of Bullets - Of Frost And War (2008), On Divine Winds (2010) - and if you like them and don't know already: Asphyx.
Abysmal Dawn - Leveling The Plane Of Existence (2011), Programmed To Consume (2008)
Calm Hatchery - Sacrilege Of Humanity (2010)

I also greatly 2nd anything from Decapitated. They rule.
_________________
Last.fm
My Music on RYM

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 735
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:04 pm 
 

Misfit74 wrote:
Vengeful's self-titled (2011) and their album The Omnipresent Curse (2009)
Hail Of Bullets - Of Frost And War (2008), On Divine Winds (2010) - and if you like them and don't know already: Asphyx.
Abysmal Dawn - Leveling The Plane Of Existence (2011), Programmed To Consume (2008)
Calm Hatchery - Sacrilege Of Humanity (2010)

I also greatly 2nd anything from Decapitated. They rule.


At school, so I can't listen to Vengeful's or Calm's stuff. But I've already heard Hail of bullets, who don't really fit my description as well as Abysmal Dawn. AD features a lot of the qualities I'm looking for, but they're extremely meh. Thanks anyway for the recs.
_________________
Ribos wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
Last time I went on 4chan I saw a dude surrounded by a ton of dicks and decided to get off.

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Top
 Profile  
Misfit74
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1584
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:21 pm 
 

Mike_64 wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
Vengeful's self-titled (2011) and their album The Omnipresent Curse (2009)
Hail Of Bullets - Of Frost And War (2008), On Divine Winds (2010) - and if you like them and don't know already: Asphyx.
Abysmal Dawn - Leveling The Plane Of Existence (2011), Programmed To Consume (2008)
Calm Hatchery - Sacrilege Of Humanity (2010)

I also greatly 2nd anything from Decapitated. They rule.


At school, so I can't listen to Vengeful's or Calm's stuff. But I've already heard Hail of bullets, who don't really fit my description as well as Abysmal Dawn. AD features a lot of the qualities I'm looking for, but they're extremely meh. Thanks anyway for the recs.


Are you looking for more technical death stuff or brutal stuff or brutal tech death stuff? If you can expound upon the target you're after based on some rec's you've gone over, I think I (or we) can refine things more for you. :)

I realize Abysmal Dawn can be too 'clean' for some, myself included at times, so if you're looking for something filthier, slammier, or as I mentioned above a bit more specific to tech death, etc. let us know. We can make it happen.
_________________
Last.fm
My Music on RYM


Last edited by Misfit74 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
androdion
Metal freak

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 5150
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:21 pm 
 

I can recommend a very interesting, and rather obscure, band from Portugal called Neoplasmah. Don't let the strange name, the location or even the fact that it's a girl growling stray you away from this underground gem. Very recommended for those into Anata's style of tech death, albeit with some peculiar twists that give it a more varied sound.
_________________
ANGST ISST DIE SEELE AUF
androdion@Discogs

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 735
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:43 pm 
 

Misfit74 wrote:
Are you looking for more technical death stuff or brutal stuff or brutal tech death stuff? If you can expound upon the target you're after based on some rec's you've gone over, I think I (or we) can refine things more for you. :)

I realize Abysmal Dawn can be too 'clean' for some, myself included at times, so if you're looking for something filthier, slammier, or as I mentioned above a bit more specific to tech death, etc. let us know. We can make it happen.



I'm looking for something that hits a happy medium of brutality and technicality. It's usually one or the other with most bands I find. And unfortunately, it's difficult to find bands that hit that mark, hence why I started this thread. From what I have heard, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Hour of Penance, Beyond Creation (thanks to Mimogrede for that), SoP and Decapitated find that balance. They can maintain high musicianship while keeping importance on the song structure all the way through.

Of the Bands recommended in this thread: Beyond Creation, Anata, Aborted, and Archspire are the closest to what I'm looking for. Hopefully this can give you an even better idea of what i am looking for. Thank you so much for your time and effort you've put into helping me, I really do appreciate it.
_________________
Ribos wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
Last time I went on 4chan I saw a dude surrounded by a ton of dicks and decided to get off.

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Top
 Profile  
Indecency
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:15 pm
Posts: 608
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:07 pm 
 

Mike_64 wrote:
I'm looking for something that hits a happy medium of brutality and technicality. It's usually one or the other with most bands I find. And unfortunately, it's difficult to find bands that hit that mark, hence why I started this thread. From what I have heard, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Hour of Penance, Beyond Creation (thanks to Mimogrede for that), SoP and Decapitated find that balance. They can maintain high musicianship while keeping importance on the song structure all the way through.

Of the Bands recommended in this thread: Beyond Creation, Anata, Aborted, and Archspire are the closest to what I'm looking for. Hopefully this can give you an even better idea of what i am looking for. Thank you so much for your time and effort you've put into helping me, I really do appreciate it.


Your feedback is a bit confusing. You liked Beyond Creation, a band I love and would recommend in a heartbeat, but they are a lot more melodic than they are brutal and for that reason I didn't suggest any melodic tech bands.

How do you feel about technical brutal deathcore? In most cases it sounds very similar to death. Hopefully you're not picky about that. If not, try these.

Sentenced to Dissection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubu3HpPNCuY
Signal the Firing Squad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7z7QJZqR0k

Top
 Profile  
androdion
Metal freak

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 5150
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:25 pm 
 

It's not confusing at all, he said he wanted a balance between brutality and melody while being techy at the same time. Beyond Creation and Anata are perfect examples of that.

The more I read here the more I think you'll like Neoplasmah. And no, I'm not in the band, I just think they deserve more attention. :p
_________________
ANGST ISST DIE SEELE AUF
androdion@Discogs

Top
 Profile  
Misfit74
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1584
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:55 pm 
 

I'd definitely check out Severe Torture. They have a surprisingly good amount of melody subtly intertwined within their songs. One of my favorite bands because of the technicality not being over-done and having catchy melodic riffs mixed in smoothly with their brutal riffing. My fav of theirs is Sworn Vengeance, but you can't go wrong with others, too.
_________________
Last.fm
My Music on RYM

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 735
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:22 pm 
 

Indecency wrote:
Mike_64 wrote:
I'm looking for something that hits a happy medium of brutality and technicality. It's usually one or the other with most bands I find. And unfortunately, it's difficult to find bands that hit that mark, hence why I started this thread. From what I have heard, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Hour of Penance, Beyond Creation (thanks to Mimogrede for that), SoP and Decapitated find that balance. They can maintain high musicianship while keeping importance on the song structure all the way through.

Of the Bands recommended in this thread: Beyond Creation, Anata, Aborted, and Archspire are the closest to what I'm looking for. Hopefully this can give you an even better idea of what i am looking for. Thank you so much for your time and effort you've put into helping me, I really do appreciate it.


Your feedback is a bit confusing. You liked Beyond Creation, a band I love and would recommend in a heartbeat, but they are a lot more melodic than they are brutal and for that reason I didn't suggest any melodic tech bands.

How do you feel about technical brutal deathcore? In most cases it sounds very similar to death. Hopefully you're not picky about that. If not, try these.

Sentenced to Dissection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubu3HpPNCuY
Signal the Firing Squad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7z7QJZqR0k


As androdion said, I wouldn't say BC is that melodic. Obviously, they have some melody but they aren't exactly some technical Gothenburg (sp?) outfit. But, hey, maybe what seems melodic to one isn't to another.

I can't stand brutal deathcore in general, but as for the the two you just recommended, I'm very suprised at the quality. Between the two, Signal was pretty catchy. Sentenced was a little all over the place, but not bad. Thanks again.
_________________
Ribos wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
Last time I went on 4chan I saw a dude surrounded by a ton of dicks and decided to get off.

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Top
 Profile  
IntoNevermore
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:31 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Venezuela
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:37 pm 
 

androdion wrote:
I can recommend a very interesting, and rather obscure, band from Portugal called Neoplasmah. Don't let the strange name, the location or even the fact that it's a girl growling stray you away from this underground gem. Very recommended for those into Anata's style of tech death, albeit with some peculiar twists that give it a more varied sound.


Once again androdion, thanks for sharing some amazing music :-P

Hey Mike_64 I have some other bands for you, have you heard?

Anomalous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dh3JdBsBw4

Lost Soul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y6ni_JXfok (Epic Intro :-P )

Miseration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JkYLQumvH8

Hope you like it :-D
_________________
Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Soundcloud

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 735
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:01 am 
 

IntoNevermore wrote:
androdion wrote:
I can recommend a very interesting, and rather obscure, band from Portugal called Neoplasmah. Don't let the strange name, the location or even the fact that it's a girl growling stray you away from this underground gem. Very recommended for those into Anata's style of tech death, albeit with some peculiar twists that give it a more varied sound.


Once again androdion, thanks for sharing some amazing music :-P

Hey Mike_64 I have some other bands for you, have you heard?

Anomalous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dh3JdBsBw4

Lost Soul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y6ni_JXfok (Epic Intro :-P )

Miseration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JkYLQumvH8

Hope you like it :-D


i was looking through the forums yesterday, and someone recommended someone else that album by Lost Soul and I loved what I heard. So sorry you're a day late :-P

Anomalous was alright. Kind of odd the way the vocals were buried in the mix, though.

I have Miseration's album already. I'm a huge Alvestrom era Scar Symmetry fan so it was almost mandatory that I own that album :-D

Also, sorry if I'm kind of picky... thanks again.
_________________
Ribos wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
Last time I went on 4chan I saw a dude surrounded by a ton of dicks and decided to get off.

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Top
 Profile  
androdion
Metal freak

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 5150
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:36 pm 
 

IntoNevermore wrote:
Once again androdion, thanks for sharing some amazing music :-P

:D
_________________
ANGST ISST DIE SEELE AUF
androdion@Discogs

Top
 Profile  
Westvargr
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:51 pm
Posts: 308
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:30 pm 
 

When reading your description of what you have in mind, I immediately thought of Gojira. Not exactly "brutal", but certainly goes into tech-territory. Couldn't hurt to check them out.


a few examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5By-5mLHk4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF4XwUu0r18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuQNDGeCY70
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_jQmYiUh-g


It might suit not at all what you're looking for though. I hope it does though.
_________________
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
IntoNevermore
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:31 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Venezuela
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:09 pm 
 

Mike_64 wrote:
i was looking through the forums yesterday, and someone recommended someone else that album by Lost Soul and I loved what I heard. So sorry you're a day late


Hmm who knows, I have the strange feeling that I was the one who recommended that band to another guy, lol but I may be wrong :-P
_________________
Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Soundcloud

Top
 Profile  
Misfit74
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1584
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:16 pm 
 

Recueil Morbide - Only Hate left (2011)
_________________
Last.fm
My Music on RYM

Top
 Profile  
Psytopsy
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:27 pm
Posts: 345
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:32 pm 
 

Giving another nod to Neuraxis.they blend technicality and melody quite well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2G4gzwS63c
_________________
hippiedrow wrote:
I remember back when Beyond the Permafrost came out. I was eating a lot of Asian wok-style foods, so now whenever Skeletonwitch is mentioned I get the pleasant taste of noodles in my mouth.

Top
 Profile  
Misfit74
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1584
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:09 pm 
 

You might also try:

Septycal Gorge - Erase The Insignificant (2009)

Kind of in the mold of Suffocation and Defeated Sanity. Brutal, technical, melodic enough, and powerful.
_________________
Last.fm
My Music on RYM

Top
 Profile  
LeetMetalhead
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 am
Posts: 163
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:08 pm 
 

Ha! Nobody has recommended it yet, so I shall have the honor of doing so: BOLT THROWER. Seriously, their music sounds exactly like what you're looking for (plus, they're actually really good). Their lyrics are mostly about war, and a game called Warhammer 40k (which is about war, lol).

Here's a song from their 2nd album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUgUMC2HfGk

Here's a song from their 4th album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR2t0wk6qtE

Enjoy headbanging.

Top
 Profile  
Misfit74
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1584
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:58 pm 
 

LeetMetalhead wrote:
Ha! Nobody has recommended it yet, so I shall have the honor of doing so: BOLT THROWER. Seriously, their music sounds exactly like what you're looking for (plus, they're actually really good). Their lyrics are mostly about war, and a game called Warhammer 40k (which is about war, lol).

Here's a song from their 2nd album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUgUMC2HfGk

Here's a song from their 4th album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR2t0wk6qtE

Enjoy headbanging.


As good a Bolt Thrower is, the OP Title had 'Brutal Death Metal'. I don't think Bolt Thrower fits anywhere in that category. Great band, though.
_________________
Last.fm
My Music on RYM

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 735
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:30 am 
 

Psytopsy wrote:
Giving another nod to Neuraxis.they blend technicality and melody quite well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2G4gzwS63c


I enjoyed this album from Neuraxis more than the one joppek rec'd me. Thanks!
_________________
Ribos wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
Last time I went on 4chan I saw a dude surrounded by a ton of dicks and decided to get off.

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Top
 Profile  
StellarGraves
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 180
Location: Israel
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:16 pm 
 

Old Deeds of Flesh.. (all except last album).

Decrepit Birth
Newer Krisiun.

Top
 Profile  
Mike_64
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 735
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:24 pm 
 

StellarGraves wrote:
Old Deeds of Flesh.. (all except last album).

Decrepit Birth
Newer Krisiun.


Never really cared for DoF. DB has waaayyyy too much guitar noodling for me, and Krisiun is one of the first Death Metal bands I really started to follow and buy albums from. Thanks, though.
_________________
Ribos wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
Last time I went on 4chan I saw a dude surrounded by a ton of dicks and decided to get off.

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Top
 Profile  
suleiman
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:51 am
Posts: 477
Location: Pakistan
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:33 am 
 

Origin is basically the answer to all your requirements.

suggested listening : echoes of decimation album and the newest Entity album

thank me later :)

Top
 Profile  
Mimogrede
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:25 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Slovenia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:04 am 
 

Also I came across these guys recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1DMZokoelE
_________________
Metantoine wrote:
Quesadillas are the true enemies of metal...

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Unity and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group