Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
peterpessimism
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:00 pm 

Did they recently reform? Did they never split up? Are they working on a new record? Does anyone know?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:05 pm 

Well, as far as I know they split up due to Tomas' injury in his ankle. He started playing again in 2010 with Maniac Butcher, and then they got together to do the reissues of both Lykathea Aflame and Appalling Spawn. There have been talks of new material being written but nothing definitive. So I'd say don't get your hopes high.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:12 pm 

They have never formally split up, from what I've gathered - they're just going through various states of activity and inactivity, where they seem to go quiet for years at a time and then one of the two remaining members decides to rein it in and start working again. They are indeed working on new material but there are conflicting sources as to exactly how much has been finished; in 2005 it was reported that they had a full new album written but in November 2009 Tomáš Corn said that only five songs were completed. At least two things, as far as I'm aware, have held them back since then: Tomáš Corn having some sort of foot injury around 2006 or so which hindered his ability to play drums (but he's active in bands like Imperial Foeticide, Cult of Fire and Death Karma right now so I assume that he's fully recovered), and Ptoe Tománek allegedly not wanting to do vocals on the new material so they were held back in their search for a suitable new vocalist. At this point I'm doubtful that said new album will ever be released - it's been 13 years and so many setbacks have occurred that it seems unlikely - but one can always dream.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:08 pm 

Their drummer sounds like an Octopus on Meth, I'm not surprised he broke something :roll:

Reply to topic