Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 pm 

somefella wrote:
godsonsafari wrote:
Does this mean more synth records? Dear god.

:lol:

On a serious note, I'm expecting a little backlash of "omg they are picking on metal again!" from the kvlt kiddies.

I thought he said somewhere that he doesn't want anything to do with metal anymore because it's too Jewish.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:25 pm 

SoldierOfHell wrote:
droneriot wrote:
Is there any evidence for his claim that immigrant youths threw rocks at rescue personel after the crash?

The medias said that there was some rock thrown at the police and firefighter when they arrived to the crash zone

According to the actual french media, one person was arrested for stealing a mobile phone from one of the medics and really minor incidents arose when (young) people were pushed out of the emergency zone, AFAIK. The stone rumor is mainly spread now on right-wings websites, but was on mainstream news a few days ago (link in french).

About Varg, I can't help but think about the Tarnac / Julien Coupat affair, but this time with a "left" gouvernment. When french interior ministry declares that "there is no target or indentified project" (link in french), things seems more made for headlines, than really serious.
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:39 pm 

"According to AFP officers seized several weapons at their home on Tuesday, including four 22 Caliber Long Rifles. Vikernes could be held in custody for the next 96 hours, as is allowed under French anti-terror laws"
Good god, .22's? I don't want to even imagine the carnage he could have carried out with such weapons...

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:46 pm 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
"According to AFP officers seized several weapons at their home on Tuesday, including four 22 Caliber Long Rifles. Vikernes could be held in custody for the next 96 hours, as is allowed under French anti-terror laws"
Good god, .22's? I don't want to even imagine the carnage he could have carried out with such weapons...

Oh fuck that part slipped past me! Fucking .22's? Damn, if that's all it takes I should be in prison for all the guns I have (I'm a hunter, and no I don't give a fuck what anyone's opinion on that matter is).

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:52 pm 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:

In all seriousness though, it does seem more likely that there's a greater cause for his arrest that the police aren't currently disclosing. That or the arrests are to make French politicians look good. For the latter, there is potential backlash for the French politicians if Varg is freed without being charged, people would be angry at a potentially violent white-supremacist neo-Nazi walking free due to insufficient evidence.

uzilover
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:36 pm 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... rance.html

This is possibly the funniest article on the matter so far, especially the quotes from his twitter. Official?

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:45 pm 

uzilover wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/10182961/Neo-Nazi-linked-to-Norwegian-killer-Anders-Breivik-arrested-in-France.html

This is possibly the funniest article on the matter so far, especially the quotes from his twitter. Official?

Varg doesn't have any official social media stuff (at least he didn't last I checked), so yeah, Telegraph hilariously quoted a fake twitter account.

EyeOfTheMoon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:50 pm 

That should keep him from recording any more shitty albums for a while.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:53 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
At least someone shut him up for a while.

You kidding me? Once he gets computer access, he'll make a shitstorm on his blog.

Thankfully, we're under no obligation to read his crap.

Errebuss
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:15 pm 

Did anyone notice that part where it says Marie Cachet is expecting their fourth child?

We all know that pregnant women are all about those terrorist attacks. :roll:

Edit: I don't know very much about guns, but, .22s are generally hunting rifles, right?

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:22 pm 

Well you could use them to hunt extremely small things like squirrels or rabbits, but most people just use them for plinking/shooting cans/targets. It's pretty much the smallest/lightest caliber available. It's popular because the guns (and ammo) are dirt cheap so it's a cheap, fun way to get some shooting in. Now, of course you CAN kill someone with a .22, but it would probably be the last gun you'd pick if that was your goal.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:32 pm 

Waking up to that was both hilarious and awesome. I was watching the news and saw "Neo Nazi arrested in France" I was like "ok" and then I open Facebook and read BastardHead's status and WOW! I'm not sure he was planning anything but we'll see.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 pm 

I had no idea he lived in France.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:56 pm 

you can guarantee they've been trying to pin something on him since he got out of prison. they won't have anything on him beyond his blog and probably more weapons than are registered to him. or if he's been sensible, he won't even have any extra weapons.

the worst i see varg doing, realistically, is owning a cache of weapons/explosives that he plans on using to turn his property into some kind of fort in case people come to steal his liberties, etc etc.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:59 pm 

Those headlines are such misleading bullshit. "Neo-nazi linked to Anders Breivik arrested for terror plot" etc. Come on! :lol:

My guess is that the post saying "it's time to revolt and take action" + buying guns is what made the police move in, just as a precaution, though I do hope they have more evidence than just that, because otherwise it's going to make them look bad and Varg will gloat like a moron after that. (Then again he might hopefully shut his mouth and keep a low profile for a while, but I doubt that, he's not exactly rational...) The link to Breivik is absurd, too, Breivik was a hardcore Christian.

They have so many children, ugh. Always sad to see the biggest morons reproducing so much. :ugh:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:03 pm 

The Norwegian media is having a field day, making articles as they are reading through his blog. It's acutally quite amusing. I don't think the investigation will achieve anything. The bought ca.22 rifles legally, and Vikernes himself has been very careful not to encourage violence in his audience.

He's an old-fashioned neo-Nazi, who prepares for the zoombie apocalypse. Not a terrorist... but we'll see. I won't claim to know anything for sure.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:07 pm 

Errebuss wrote:
Edit: I don't know very much about guns, but, .22s are generally hunting rifles, right?

When I worked at the bowling alley, we'd semi-frequently have people ask if we had any old bowling pins they could buy from us for target practice. When they asked, we had to ask them if they were using a .22 caliber weapon, because a .22 bullet will not pierce the bowling pin and would just ricochet off and potentially wreck somebody. In short, they're baby guns, real men use bazookas.

Really, I doubt he was going to actually go on a massacre, but that's because I'm a semi rational and somewhat adjusted human being, not a murdery arsony stabby shooty Natzey lunatic whitey. Who really knows what kind of nonsense goes on in Varg's head?
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:09 pm 

Noted church-burner arrested in "connection" with man who was religious enough to go to church before slaughtering children. Planning a massacre with .22s? Are these people trying to prove that they're as loony as Varg?

Errebuss wrote:

Target rifles, mainly. As with any gun, it can hurt people, but it's just about the least desirable caliber for harming living things. Primarily chosen for its cheap ammunition for targets or rodents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_caliber#Performance

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:20 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Noted church-burner arrested in "connection" with man who was religious enough to go to church before slaughtering children. Planning a massacre with .22s? Are these people trying to prove that they're as loony as Varg?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:22 pm 

Criminals should go to prism.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:43 pm 

From twitter: "Vikernes has burnt more Norwegian churches than all the muslim immigrants combined."

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:46 pm 

It appears to be the most-read story on BBC now, with more details about Varg (which we all know already).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23327165

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:52 pm 

Quote:
On their own admission, there is no evidence that Kristian Vikernes was formulating any kind of plan.

So it was just a load of bullshit after all

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:59 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:

this is actually a fairly worrying thought - it's basically "let's arrest that weirdo, we'll find out what he's done once we have him locked up" dressed up as a pre-emptive, anti-terrorist action.

at least that's what it can be at its very best. if these supposedly highly-trained anti-terrorism experts genuinely believe that he's a terrorist based on some ridiculous connection with breivik (that's no doubt been shot down all over the internet pretty convincingly by now), you have to stop and think: fuuuuuuuck.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:00 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Really, I doubt he was going to actually go on a massacre, but that's because I'm a semi rational and somewhat adjusted human being, not a murdery arsony stabby shooty Natzey lunatic whitey. Who really knows what kind of nonsense goes on in Varg's head?
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:09 pm 

why wrote:

:|

Spoiler: show

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:21 pm 

If criminal should go to prism, sexual predators should go to rhombus.

Obligatory Last FM Link

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:24 pm 

This whole pre-crime thing is pretty scary, yeah, especially considering the istant demonization by the media :) I think we will see much more of this in the future, to an extent that it won't even be reported anymore.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:59 pm 

It's official, this is everywhere. Even the Portuguese media have been going on with this for a while now. It seems that every news agency is just copy-pasting the French press release and adding a bit of misinformation here and there. It comes to prove the quality of journalism really, and if things are as simple and inane as they seem to be then I think the French anti-terrorist unit will come out really bad in the picture as well.

Do people even get their facts straight before they write an article? Oh why do I bother... Even an alleged black metal fan commenting this subject on one of the major newspapers here (online version obviously) said that he had killed a contesting vocalist. If BM fans don't know their shit about Varg then I guess the media can't possibly know as well, although in reality it is their job to get the facts straight.

I think this episode will give Varg a lot to write about in the near future. And nothing else really.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:31 pm 

I genuinely feel sorry for Varg. Just saw an article about him on the front page of MSN that says he's a definite neo-nazi connected to Breivik. The media continues to embarrass itself in epic proportions...

Rild
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:35 pm 

This is pure political persecution and thought-policing. Varg says extremely inflammatory un-PC stuff on his blog but he goes out of his way to tell his sycophantic following both in his articles and the comments section discussions not to engage in any illegal activity, so as to avoid being arrested and fucked with by the police. Ironically even after doing that the police still came to try and destroy his family and ruin his life. This ultimately has nothing to do with some kind of nonexistent terrorist threat, the REAL problem with Varg Vikernes' blog is that he constantly maligned the J-ws, and that's the ultimate Political Correctness no-no.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:44 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
why wrote:

How dare you make light of the plight of people of color.

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
why wrote:

I was only referring to the international surveillance program of the U.S. intelligence agencies, but apparently the relationship between the Varg kidnapping and the NSA is too vague for my remark to be funny.

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 pm 

As a father of three children, with number four on it's way, i guess he is lacking the time to think out masterplans on how to kill all the jews but is rather busy changing diapers, designing the room for his next baby and teach his kids how to walk, talk, swim, ride a bike, use a fork and a spoon while eating and a tooth-brush afterwards, and of course teach 'em good and friendly behavior ( :-D ), usual stuff a good father does. At least i hope so.
This is probably the reason why he turned away from metal music into the relaxing ambient direction, because when you're surrounded by a horde of screaming kids all day long with them doing nothing but nonsense and continually devastating the house, when thay are finally in bed by the evening, the only thing you long for is peace and quiet. :wink:

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:57 pm 

androdion wrote:
It's official, this is everywhere. Even the Portuguese media have been going on with this for a while now. It seems that every news agency is just copy-pasting the French press release and adding a bit of misinformation here and there. It comes to prove the quality of journalism really, and if things are as simple and inane as they seem to be then I think the French anti-terrorist unit will come out really bad in the picture as well.
Do people even get their facts straight before they write an article? Oh why do I bother... Even an alleged black metal fan commenting this subject on one of the major newspapers here (online version obviously) said that he had killed a contesting vocalist. If BM fans don't know their shit about Varg then I guess the media can't possibly know as well, although in reality it is their job to get the facts straight.
I think this episode will give Varg a lot to write about in the near future. And nothing else really.

I agree. I have read and article in the local media and it's full of bullshit!
Copy and paste the official version without making your job, "journalists"! Nice!
P.S: Let's see how this ends but I suspect they have nothing against Varg.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:47 pm 

So, they have nothing on Varg? pure bullshit jewrnalism.

hippiedrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:19 pm 

This is typical of the leftist police state that France is becoming. We will see in a day or two whether Varg is released or charged with anything. I am disappointed but hardly surprised at the irresponsible and uninformed yellow journalism that these media outlets continue to defecate.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:44 pm 

This is clearly a political move by the French liberal government. France is puppet controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood just like America will be soon. It seems like most radical islamics have traded in their guns for political ambitions.

Doomed Cowboy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:48 pm 

conquer__all wrote:
This is clearly a political move by the French liberal government. France is puppet controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood just like America will be soon. It seems like most radical islamics have traded in their guns for political ambitions.

Damn it, Bush was right!!!

Kveldulfr wrote:
So, they have nothing on Varg? pure bullshit jewrnalism.

Bahahahaha!

hippiedrow wrote:
This is typical of the leftist police state that France is becoming. We will see in a day or two whether Varg is released or charged with anything. I am disappointed but hardly surprised at the irresponsible and uninformed yellow journalism that these media outlets continue to defecate.

Fuckin' commies.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:53 pm 

Let's keep this thread free of lunatic useless comments, please. If you have no nothing pertinent to add (like doomed cowboy just did) just don't reply. Kveldulfr, you've been warned before against these kind of comments.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next