Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:04 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
You're so sure of being right that you won't even go back to read the posts again, to see if you missed something?
why wrote:
I was only referring to the international surveillance program of the U.S. intelligence agencies, but apparently the relationship between the Varg kidnapping and the NSA is too vague for my remark to be funny.

Being dimwitted, I missed the reference at first, but in certain situations, some careful reading can supplement lacking wits to a surprising degree.

Dude, I didn't anything about the prism NSA thing till right now. Why the need insult me because I sincerely didn't know something. Seriously.

And I did go back, I just missed that post. My mind is fucking scrambled right now, my uncles on life support I don't need these insults.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:06 pm 

...Because not only you missed the pun joke, but after I explained to you that you were wrong and had missed a joke, you still insisted you were right about the misspelling? :lol:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:08 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
...Because not only you missed the joke, but after I explained to you that you were wrong and had missed a joke, you insisted you were right? :lol:

Please read what I just wrote.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:08 pm 

Basically, when you're told that you've got something wrong, you should at least go back and read it again to see if you missed something essential. Clearly you did. If you had read the why's post I quoted, you wouldn't have insisted that you were right.

My condolences for your situation.

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:10 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Basically, when you're told that you've got something wrong, you should at least go back and read it again to see if you missed something essential. Clearly you did. If you had read the why's post I quoted, you wouldn't have insisted that you were right.

I didn't see the quote you posted till after. Please read what I just wrote. Please see why I didn't realize. I'm not exactly thinking straight and I'm still getting berated. Look I'm sorry I was sure and I didnt get the joke.

And thank you for your condolences.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:12 pm 

HellishHound wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:

I didn't see the quote you posted till after. Please read what I just wrote. Please see why I didn't realize. I'm not exactly thinking straight and I'm still getting berated. Look I'm sorry I was sure and I didnt get the joke.

And thank you for your condolences.

It's not a big deal. I make similar mistakes all the time. I've just learned to assume that I'm probably wrong if someone says so.

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:15 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
It's not a big deal. I make similar mistakes all the time. I've just learned to assume that I'm probably wrong if someone says so.

Thanks, I should have read more carefully and usually I do. Trust me I'm really not that dense. It's just right now I Can't. I got on here to take my mind off of things and shit backfired. I'm sorry morrigan and ilwhyan I'll read more careful in the future.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:16 pm 

No biggie. I just found it funny. ;)
Kveldulfr wrote:
Anyway, the obvious thing is police is overreacting with all of this. How then he was 'allowed' to live in the country? France could have denied his entrance from the beginning if they really think he's a sort of national threat anyway.

FYI, about this, a Norwegian posted this on another forum:

Norwegian guy wrote:
He didn't emigrate. As Norway is part of the EEA, Norwegian citizens need no permission to live and work in France.

American guy wrote:
Sounds just like emigration to me. I had no idea violent criminals could move around so easily within the EEA.

Norwegian guy wrote:
Then you don't know how the EU, and the EEA, works. The free movement of people is one of the founding principles of the EU. I'm not sure how he could have been stopped from moving to France. Or by who.

In this, the EU is like the US. Is there anything stopping people moving across state borders in the US?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 pm 

In the US, you could actually get in trouble for trying to move out of your state of residency, though there's specific conditions for that. And there's not like a border patrol around to necessarily physically stop you from trying.

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
No biggie. I just found it funny. ;)

In retrospect my mess up was kinda funny, thanks for being understanding. And sorry I had to burden you guys with personal problems.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:40 pm 

godsonsafari wrote:
In the US, you could actually get in trouble for trying to move out of your state of residency, though there's specific conditions for that. And there's not like a border patrol around to necessarily physically stop you from trying.

Well, the conditions are probably pretty specific, stuff like being wanted for a crime?

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:16 pm 

RonimuZ wrote:
godsonsafari wrote:

Well, the conditions are probably pretty specific, stuff like being wanted for a crime?

Probation would be the biggie.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:18 pm 

There's absolutely no restrictions on moving from one state to another in the USA unless you are a convicted felon or a suspect in an ongoing criminal investigation. And yes, to include specific provisions of probation for certain misdemeanors as well.

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:41 pm 

KFD wrote:
I'm ashamed to be French, this country has become the dustbin of Europe, thanks to freemasons, feminists, Jews and African immigrants.

I'm ashamed to be German, this country has become the dustbin of Europe as well, with open arms we welcome every criminal Russian, Turk and Arab into our country.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone my friend... :wink:

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:14 pm 

Why are they showing footage of him being arrested in 1993, and other footage from the 90s? Why are most of the pictures in the news old pics of him? There is no shortage of new pictures that would be attention-grabbing...

Riffs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:31 pm 

If this image was blurred a little, Black Sabbath could have totally used that shit for their last album cover as a sort of whacko tribute to Paranoid.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:27 pm 

chaos_orb wrote:
KFD wrote:
I'm ashamed to be French, this country has become the dustbin of Europe, thanks to freemasons, feminists, Jews and African immigrants.

I'm ashamed to be German, this country has become the dustbin of Europe as well, with open arms we welcome every criminal Russian, Turk and Arab into our country.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone my friend... :wink:

:lol: the "I'm a Nazi-boy wanker, too" emoticon.

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:35 pm 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:

:lol: the "I'm a Nazi-boy wanker, too" emoticon.

Spend a year in my country and i bet you will feel the same :-D

Doomed Cowboy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:22 pm 

Sorry for my earlier joking around in the thread.

Truthfully, Varg fucked up in a bad way early on in life, and things like this are going to plague him from now on. The dude's a nut case, and it seems to me like they have at least reason to be worried. Now, are they in the right to arrest him? Probably not. And seeing as .22's were bought, I doubt any real kind of killing spree is going to happen.

As a NeoNazi though, Varg is interesting. It might be different over there, but in the US, most NeoNazis are extremely religious in a Christian sense. Just an interesting point, to me.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:24 pm 

chaos_orb wrote:

Schnauze.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:55 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
chaos_orb wrote:

Schnauze.

Halt die Fresse!

Du hast noch viel zu lernen, Kind!

But let's keep this on topic...

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:10 pm 

The rest of Germany should send all criminal Russians, Turks and Arabs to Bavaria and build a big wall around it. That way we get rid of all people who can't speak German.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:30 pm 

droneriot wrote:
The rest of Germany should send all criminal Russians, Turks and Arabs to Bavaria and build a big wall around it. That way we get rid of all people who can't speak German.

Hahaha, don't worry, they're already there :-D
At least 70% of my workmates are foreigners, mostly Russians and Turks, sitting in my break room at work (a company with 10k people, a company called "BMW"... (you know, the fancy cars you all drive...) i feel like a stranger in my own country as NO ONE is speaking my language around me.
But as i said, don't take this too serious and let the discussion focus on topic here , Varg!
The point that would interest me the most is how he would act while imprisoned now, is he acting like a jerk and insulting the persons around (like he did in the 90s ("throw me into a real dungeon! ....) , or is he acting like a "famiily father", calmly telling them time by time he didn't do any wrong.
Any news about this, or does anybody know if he is out again?

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:51 pm 

matras wrote:
Transdimensional Space Jews

Thank you.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:10 pm 

My guess is that if the authorities are searching Varg's stabbin' cabin, they'll be disappointed to find that the only bomb found there is Sôl austan, Mâni vestan.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:59 pm 

Chaos Orb, if you think it's bad over there... at least it's not like over here where there has been centuries of immigrants invading native lands, killing them with domination, rape and smallpox all in the name of Manifest Destiny and forcing them all to live in the most tornado-infested state: Oklahoma.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:53 pm 

You rock, Goatfangs.

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:25 am 

TheRealThing wrote:
matras wrote:
Transdimensional Space Jews

Thank you.

+1

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:31 am 

Not many updates on this news.

Last edited by marktheviktor on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
hippiedrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:34 am 

Goatfangs wrote:
Chaos Orb, if you think it's bad over there... at least it's not like over here where there has been centuries of immigrants invading native lands, killing them with domination, rape and smallpox all in the name of Manifest Destiny and forcing them all to live in the most tornado-infested state: Oklahoma.

One of the greatest tragedies (out of far too many) in recent centuries. We must keep up the fight and work to prevent future occurrences such as this from happening in the future.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:14 am 

chaos_orb wrote:
droneriot wrote:

Hahaha, don't worry, they're already there :-D
At least 70% of my workmates are foreigners, mostly Russians and Turks, sitting in my break room at work (a company with 10k people, a company called "BMW"... (you know, the fancy cars you all drive...) i feel like a stranger in my own country as NO ONE is speaking my language around me.
But as i said, don't take this too serious and let the discussion focus on topic here , Varg!
The point that would interest me the most is how he would act while imprisoned now, is he acting like a jerk and insulting the persons around (like he did in the 90s ("throw me into a real dungeon! ....) , or is he acting like a "famiily father", calmly telling them time by time he didn't do any wrong.
Any news about this, or does anybody know if he is out again?

Dont expect news in at least 96 hours, its the time that the french police can isolate a "terrorist", destroy his home trying to find an imaginary bomb and destroy his privacy and safety showing his address to all the people who could attack him or his family. Its like democracy works when the paranoia with a terrorist appears.

And I am quite sure that if he is released most of the main webs and newspapers will not say a fucking word about that. Probably the first news will arrive from Burzum´s page with all the shit that Varg is creating right now in his mind. :D

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:22 am 

chaos_orb wrote:
Halt die Fresse!

Du hast noch viel zu lernen, Kind!

But let's keep this on topic...

Stop speaking in German, my little knowledge about your language will not allow me to understand much more if you countinue this way, and then I will feel depressed because I have not learnt more in year and a half, ahh fucking class of lazy Basques. :D

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:28 am 

I told him to dry up so he told be to shut the fuck up and that I have much to learn (like how to properly hate on immigrants I guess). Not much to take from that exchange, except of course that xenophobia is not a logical result of living in Germany (which was my original point, before I get banned for needless profanity), but limited to losers like chaos_orb.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:39 am 

Varg proclaimed guitars as Nigger instruments, because he was locked up and could only use keyboards...

got out and released 3-more albums with guitars.

Just an attention whore...

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:34 am 

i got good entertainment from this thread.
I also dont get something. All the turks i know who live in germany were perfectly capable of speaking german in my presence. Over here i have not met a single 2nd gen+ turkish immigrant that couldnt dutch perfectly.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:43 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
And I am quite sure that if he is released most of the main webs and newspapers will not say a fucking word about that. Probably the first news will arrive from Burzum´s page with all the shit that Varg is creating right now in his mind. :D

That will be another chapter of Varg's humoristic show on his blog!
LOL!

Paganbasque wrote:
Stop speaking in German, my little knowledge about your language will not allow me to understand much more if you countinue this way, and then I will feel depressed because I have not learnt more in year and a half, ahh fucking class of lazy Basques. :D

I was intended to start learning french and with my motorbike license too.

:nono:

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:09 am 

Just because immigration is a problem that doesn't mean what uneducated person denying historical facts, filling holes in his pseudoscientific theories with "Jews" is right about anything else he says.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:13 pm 

Accorting to this support FB page it seems that his wife has been released:

https://www.facebook.com/FreeVargVikernesAgain?fref=ts

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:21 pm 

Ok, more news, Varg is fee as my terrible google translator indicates: :D

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2 ... _3224.html

Another shameful acting from the french police.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:32 pm 

Yeah that's right, Vargy boy is free again
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=192664

I suppose bb guns and tinfoil hats weren't incriminating enough to warrant an arrest

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next