Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:03 am 

Yayattasa wrote:
Why do we pay attention to him anyway?

Well, you know, you're completely free to not pay any attention. Do that.

I'm slightly surprised about what he says about the police. French police is qualified now? They've never quite struck me as that, but okay. Generally no huge surprises in his story. Also, I wonder if someone pays for those poor, poor windows...

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:09 am 

matras wrote:
It seems like a lot of you need to read up on what "Right to Freedom of Speech" actually means.

You write of it as if it is one thing. It is not. It is a term that is widely used in democratic countries but which is practiced in many different ways. Sometimes restrictions on the freedom of speech are clearly laid out in a country's laws (at the same time as they proclaim to have free speech mind you) and in other cases its just a matter of practice differing from what the law actually proclaims.

Both you and me should know that our country, Sweden, claims to have free speech. We however have other laws that intrude on this right to say whatever one wants to. Free speech in Sweden isn't what it is in the US (where I understand people are more free to say whatever they want - in public or in print if they so wish. Among other things we have a law that can send a person to jail if they "incite racial hatred" (of course in Sweden we wouldn't use this term since the official nation line is that no human races exist, but you get the point). This is only true if you incite hatred towards minorities however. It is quite ok to incite hatred against the majority population. Even large daily newspapers have included hateful columns towards the majority population (either as in the case of the Swede as a folk or towards men as a gender).
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:26 am 

In the U.S. , the only restrictions on free speech in regards to inciting racial hatred would be ,for example, if I all the sudden approached a group of black persons in open public and started blatantly shouting racial epithets at them. Although I'm not sure that would be so much of a free speech thing as it would be just inciting public disorder and mayhem akin to falsely yelling 'fire' in a crowded movie theater.

metalnut92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:29 am 

For everyone claiming that .22 rifles are laughable, bear in mind that this was the calibre used to assassinate Bobby Kennedy, as well as in two recent Finnish school shootings. In fact, I live in Cumbria, England, where gun control is tighter than a crab's arse, and we still managed to have a massacre a few years back where a local taxi driver killed 12 people with a legally owned 12 gauge shotgun and a .22 calibre rifle.

All I'm saying is that just because they're used by the boy scouts to shoot tin cans off walls, doesn't mean they're not potentially lethal to humans. Granted the French police seem to have acted a little rashly here, and the media are blowing things wildly out of proportion in regards to Varg's relationship with Brevik, but still, if a former murderer who lived near me was stockpiling weapons of any calibre, I wouldn't feel particularly comfortable.

You have to remember, when they say 'potential terrorist activity', they're not talking about 9/11 Part II, but more likely Varg walking into a city centre one day and opening fire on everyone who doesn't meet his criteria for 'white'.

Troll harder on the strings of your martyr.

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:56 am 

matras wrote:
It seems like a lot of you need to read up on what "Right to Freedom of Speech" actually means.

This. Facists/racists who claim that they don't have freedom of speech is the oldest trick in the book.

http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/FS_Ha ... ch_ENG.pdf
http://www.corteidh.or.cr/tablas/r25909.pdf

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:09 am 

matras wrote:

+1.

InnesI wrote:
You write of it as if it is one thing. It is not.

I undestand what you mean but... it's if you consider that your freedom ends where you start to endanger the other people's one.
That's what we're talking about.

Desperta_Ferro wrote:
This. Facists/racists who claim that they don't have freedom of speech is the oldest trick in the book.

+1.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 am 

matras wrote:

Just like the right to wear colored undies without prejudice from others? :lol:

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:04 am 

metalnut92 wrote:
a former murderer

The rest of your post is alright, but I need to say that I don't think you can be a former murderer. When you murder someone you are a murderer.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

TDD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:47 am 

droneriot wrote:
metalnut92 wrote:
a former murderer

The rest of your post is alright, but I need to say that I don't think you can be a former murderer. When you murder someone you are a murderer.

Good point...

metalnut92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:36 am 

droneriot wrote:
metalnut92 wrote:
a former murderer

Fair enough, that never even occurred to me! I guess what I meant to say was a convicted murderer/former prisoner, but I definitely see your point. 'Former murderer' makes it sound like an old hobby that he lost interest in...

Troll harder on the strings of your martyr.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:43 am 

InnesI wrote:

You write of it as if it is one thing. It is not. It is a term that is widely used in democratic countries but which is practiced in many different ways. Sometimes restrictions on the freedom of speech are clearly laid out in a country's laws (at the same time as they proclaim to have free speech mind you) and in other cases its just a matter of practice differing from what the law actually proclaims.

Both you and me should know that our country, Sweden, claims to have free speech. We however have other laws that intrude on this right to say whatever one wants to. Free speech in Sweden isn't what it is in the US (where I understand people are more free to say whatever they want - in public or in print if they so wish. Among other things we have a law that can send a person to jail if they "incite racial hatred" (of course in Sweden we wouldn't use this term since the official nation line is that no human races exist, but you get the point). This is only true if you incite hatred towards minorities however. It is quite ok to incite hatred against the majority population. Even large daily newspapers have included hateful columns towards the majority population (either as in the case of the Swede as a folk or towards men as a gender).

Of course you will see different implementations of this right all across the globe, but other laws does not, as you put it, "intrude on it". The Freedom of Speech is there to guarantee that the population can speak out against the government without fear of reprisal, not be able to say what you want unopposed. And the right to not be or feel persecuted are "stronger", so that's why it is most countries have laws against hate speech. Hate speech has never been encompassed by the Freedom of speech.

And you spout a fallacy. It's not "ok to incite hatred against the majority population", and it's never been in Sweden. There's a lot of cases were this has been tried in court, so that's either ignorance from your side or a straight out lie.
Second of all; if your tweaking with "(...) of course in Sweden we wouldn't use this term since the official nation line is that no human races exist, but you get the point). This is only true if you incite hatred towards minorities however (...)" isn't intentional, you really are ignorant of the facts. How come we have the term "rasist/rasism" then (swe for "racist/racism", but y'all probably figured that out)? Hmm?
No, the thing you refer to is a legal term, which means that there's no difference in the crime if you incite violence or hatred against a group/individual, no matter if it's because their sexuality, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality or what have you. Why have different laws/legal terms? It's a hate crime no matter what.

I have an inkling of what party you vote for if you're old enough to vote...

Edit:
But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt InnesI. Please give me examples from Sweden of this:
"This is only true if you incite hatred towards minorities however. It is quite ok to incite hatred against the majority population. Even large daily newspapers have included hateful columns towards the majority population (either as in the case of the Swede as a folk or towards men as a gender)."

Give me examples of when someone (person or organization) has done this and it's "ok". And no, calling you by a derogatory term does not quallify as a incitement of hate/violence (as in someone saying "All men are asshats" or "Swedes are bloody retarded when it comes to them putting bananas and curry on pizza")

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:56 pm 

PurpleDoom wrote:

Well, apart from two odd comments (the "dutch" clothes) the statemment is quite normal and surprisingly posiitive for the french pólice. And I agree with Varg, his wife has moderated him in some aspects, this is not the expected statemment for the old Varg.

I like the photos of their children, but I wouldnt post anything related to my children.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:23 pm 

matras wrote:
henkkjelle wrote:
You seem to forget that he has a family, is actively making music, and seems content with spewing out his nonsene online. I just don't see how him planning and executing a terroristic attack would do him and his "cause" any good.

No, I don't forget that. His music is secondary to him in comparison to his "cause". His family is part of his "cause". He's said as much himself. And of course it wouldn't do him any good; terrorist acts seldom do the perps any good. And in that kind of delusional mind, being a "martyr" is preferable to being forgotten and deemed irrelevant. We're talking about a guy who thinks the ancient Egyptians were Europeans, and that non-white people are another species, calling Hitler a "divine human".

Everything else notwithstanding, there HAS been some evidence found that would support the whole "Ancient Egyptians were Europeans" view. I mean, it's not irrefutable as far as I know, but it's there. I think Varg is the type who would prefer to spew out his bullshit online, than act on it. I really, really doubt he had some terrorist plot in mind.

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:44 pm 

Burnyoursins wrote:

Everything else notwithstanding, there HAS been some evidence found that would support the whole "Ancient Egyptians were Europeans" view.

An statement like this is a massive over-simplification of the actual truth.

I'm surprised to see Varg praising the french police for the professionalism. I expected a massive rant against them. Maybe after this whole ordeal he will finally learn that keeping a low profile can a be a great virtue.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:37 pm 

Well, I wasn't looking to get into a discussion, so.. Over-simplification it is. Haha.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 pm 

Burnyoursins wrote:
Everything else notwithstanding, there HAS been some evidence found that would support the whole "Ancient Egyptians were Europeans" view. I mean, it's not irrefutable as far as I know, but it's there.

:durr:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

hippiedrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:47 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Burnyoursins wrote:
Everything else notwithstanding, there HAS been some evidence found that would support the whole "Ancient Egyptians were Europeans" view. I mean, it's not irrefutable as far as I know, but it's there.

A very informative contribution, without a doubt.

corpsewithoutsoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:01 pm 

Spoiler: show

Varg being bothered by the paparazzi and his lawyer having to climb over the fence, the last picture killed me.

He's a bit of a fool but more obnoxious are those crying "NEO-NAZI" and demanding that he be thrown into prison for all time.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:41 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Burnyoursins wrote:

Well, I for one didn't know that oppressing Jews makes your kingdom an honorary European nation. Apparently, it does.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:25 pm 

matras wrote:
Of course you will see different implementations of this right all across the globe, but other laws does not, as you put it, "intrude on it". The Freedom of Speech is there to guarantee that the population can speak out against the government without fear of reprisal, not be able to say what you want unopposed. And the right to not be or feel persecuted are "stronger", so that's why it is most countries have laws against hate speech. Hate speech has never been encompassed by the Freedom of speech.

Again you write of it as one thing. As I said, in the US it is quite alright to speak ones mind whatever opinion you might have. If you say the same thing in Sweden you can be prosecuted on a variety of points. There is no need to debate this that is the way it is. "Incitement of racial hatred" might be most common example of this but I'm sure there are more. And if a law is stronger than that od free speech wouldn't you say it intrudes in free speech since it is not, by definition, free anymore?

If its free with regulation it is not free. Simple as that.

Quote:
And you spout a fallacy. It's not "ok to incite hatred against the majority population", and it's never been in Sweden. There's a lot of cases were this has been tried in court, so that's either ignorance from your side or a straight out lie.

According to Swedish law you cannot be punished for "hets mot folkgrupp" (our version of incitement of racial hatred) if it is directed towards the majority population - i.e. the swedish people. "syftet vid tillkomsten av straffstadgandet om hets mot folkgrupp var att tillförsäkra minoritetsgrupper av skilda sammansättningar och bekännare av olika trosuppfattningar ett rättsskydd. Det fallet att någon uttrycker kritik mot svenskar torde inte ha varit avsett att träffas av straffstadgandet"

If you have any example of anyone being prosecuted and deemed guilty of "hets mot folkgrupp" against a swedish person or persons please link me to it. I have never seen it.

Quote:
This is only true if you incite hatred towards minorities however (...)" isn't intentional, you really are ignorant of the facts. How come we have the term "rasist/rasism" then (swe for "racist/racism", but y'all probably figured that out)? Hmm?

Because Swedish society looks down upon people who DO categorize people according to race. It doesn't mean the majority society has to accept the term race. Quite the contrary. In Sweden the governing idea is that no races exist (quite unique idea I might add, as an immigrant into another country myself I can confirm that race is nothing controversial in England for example - one of my best friends from London proudly proclaims he is mixed race for example). Because of this the people in power put restraint on others who do claim different human races exist and that they are different. You don't have to accept the idea just because you accept the term describing the people who believe in it.

Quote:
I have an inkling of what party you vote for if you're old enough to vote...

I am old enough to vote. Going on 30 so I have had the opportunity several times. I also syudy political philosophy so I know what I'm talking about (since you suggest I'm young and immature - classical "härskarteknik" to use the feminist in-word ;) ). However I do not vote since I do not believe in the current political system and no current political movement represent any idea I want to support. So no, I do not vote for SD or SvP - I guess that's what you initially thought. In fact, I don't even find different ethnicities in itself to be a problem for Sweden. I do however strongly dislike the current standard of practice and the hypocricsy of the political majority. And for sure, the multicultural project has failed so far and we need some kind of new line to stabilize the situation.

Quote:
But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt InnesI. Please give me examples from Sweden of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOwH70kZT9I
http://www.metro.se/kolumner/forbjud-st ... Ony3NbRGc/

And before you say, that's not so bad try to think of if why "white heterosexual men" you would have written "black men" or "immigrants" and you would have been instantly the subject of incitement of "hets mot folkgrupp". The standards are different depending on who you are and indeed if I were to say that Swedish people, in general, were better and took more initiatives than the general immigrant (as is said in the youtube clip but reverse) Im sure I would be prosecuted for it.

Im very much aware that these are not the best examples but its late and these were the first that came to mind. Give me the night to sleep and I'll find a few examples that are better. Även systemkritiker måste sova ;)

Edit: http://www.sydsvenskan.se/malmo/statsmi ... ky-mot-sd/

"Ursvenskt är bara barbariet – resten har kommit utifrån" ("the purely Swedish is barbary - everything else has come from the outside") - said by our own prime minister. I don't deny that a lot of good has come from outside but to put it in these terms is outrageous. Just to nuance things a bit the opposite is of course equally untrue.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:33 am 

Kveldulfr wrote:
KFD was right, France is a dictatorship.

The truth is a little more subtile: Western capitalist democracy is in fact a totalitarian regime, in which you are free to choose the products you want to consume, but when you want to advertise a different way of living and thinking, you can get treated in the same way as a dictatorship would treat its opponents.

The main difference is that opponents will not get shot, because the media (which are the system's propaganda instrument) would make it clear that democracy doesn't respect its own rules by reporting it.

No, democracy needs hidden ways of controlling human mind: education, consumption, advertising, new technologies... Think about all the time you spend posting bullshit and jokes on the internet, while you could do concrete actions (lead an insurrection, build a house, gather in a group to share ideas...) instead. Think about what could happen to YOU if you cross the forbidden line (forbidden by the Thought Police) one day.

When all these hidden ways don't work, then the system goes back to more traditional ways: police harrassment, privacy exposed through the media, legal prosecutions, and so forth.

While I'm posting, a French skinhead named Esteban Morillo is still being held in jail for the crime of defending himself by punching a back-assaulter...

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:28 am 

corpsewithoutsoul wrote:

Varg being bothered by the paparazzi and his lawyer having to climb over the fence, the last picture killed me.

He's a bit of a fool but more obnoxious are those crying "NEO-NAZI" and demanding that he be thrown into prison for all time.

I so desperately wanted to see a raptor in the background of one of those...

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:44 am 

That's the greatest thing I saw this year.

It only needs a shotgun and old Varg yelling "out of my property! this damn subhumans getting on my lawn!"

Last edited by Desperta_Ferro on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:55 am 

My god, what's being done to that poor defenseless dog?! Trigger the Animal Control raid STAT.

Haha, love the beard picture. "Nnyyyyaaaiim jyust an olld mann who wants t'live in peeaace, whay are they in myy fronnt yaaaaarrdd?!"

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:15 am 

Vikernes seems to be a very calm man. If I was him, I would shoot journalists (undeadly) or throw rocks at them, or send them some Javel water.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:28 am 

Assaulting people is one of the stupidest things he could possibly do in the current situation. You're not that dumb, are you?

deplo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:51 pm 

Varg just varging! (Copied XD)

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:26 am 

Wow, apparently he's made a total of 5 posts related to his arrest. I might read them later if I'm in the mood to read some sort of rant, but it's more likely that my subhuman not-100%-European self will be celebrating my birthday instead.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:52 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Burnyoursins wrote:

Works for me. I would just like to point the fact that I used the words "some evidence", and "not irrefutable". I mean, I'm just saying.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:13 am 

LlamaTrainer wrote:
Wow, apparently he's made a total of 5 posts related to his arrest. I might read them later if I'm in the mood to read some sort of rant, but it's more likely that my subhuman not-100%-European self will be celebrating my birthday instead.

I cant imagine a better way to celebrate your birthday than reading all the almost endless posts that Varg has posted. :D

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:36 am 

KFD wrote:
Vikernes seems to be a very calm man. If I was him, I would shoot journalists (undeadly) or throw rocks at them, or send them some Javel water.

Hmm. It doesn't surprise me that you would advocate the use of bleach as a means to solving problems.

Really though, Varg has made his own bed here. I find his apparent desire for a quiet family life to be utterly at odds with pretty much all of his web-related behaviour of late. I dislike the actions of the modern worlds media, but there is no real difference between exposing ones self to scrutiny (by becoming increasingly outspoken) and being exposed to scrutiny as a result. He could have chosen a quiet life post-prison but decided to play white-race-hero by catering to those less educated and informed then himself (hard to imagine) with inflammatory pseudo science and white supremacist garbage.

Good to read for a laugh, wry smile and cynical head shaking.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:31 am 

He decided to do his duty because he feels that our race is in danger, so shut the fuck up if you're not able to sacrifice anything yourself for the community.

Capitalist consumer = subhuman slave

I have more respect for primitive jungle Negroes than for White brainwashed nihilist zombies.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:36 am 

KFD wrote:
He decided to do his duty because he feels that our race is in danger, so shut the fuck up if you're not able to sacrifice anything yourself for the community.

I have more respect for primitive jungle Negroes than for White brainwashed nihilist zombies.

Man, I'd forgotten what a crack-up this guy can be on the forums regarding such issues. Do go on.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:14 am 

KFD wrote:

Why don't you try having at least one original thought? The only (fictitious) enemy that the equally fictitious white race is faced with is the ridiculous imaginings of the weak and fearful.

Grow up, human.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:30 am 

Where did I put my Schopenhauer quote, again?
Ah, here:

Quote:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

You are brainwashed. Capitalism uses mental manipulation techniques in order to lower human intelligence, so that humans might be mentally enslaved without realizing how they are.

Detailing all these manipulation techniques would require a whole book, which you couldn't read because you're mentally enslaved.

But think as an example of Facebook and its famous "you got a message" symbol (appearing as a number in the taskbar). Here is a technique to focus attention and to drain a person into a passive attention waiting / attention grabbing scheme.

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:33 am 

KFD wrote:

Haha! Varg didn't sacrifice anything, unless it was Euronymous' life (oh wait, that wasn't his to sacrifice) or that church (oh wait, that wasn't his to sacrifice either) and then ran away to France so he wouldn't have to pay his outstanding balance to the Norwegian system (wait, isn't that the opposite of sacrifice? I guess the Norwegian government isn't his championed cause so I'll let that slide). The government's just mad at him for being a convicted killer/arsonist, of course he's going to get targeted. He just wants to be left alone... but he's not sacrificing anything.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:41 am 

He sacrificed his freedom during 16 years. I don't know any other rock/metal musician who spent so much time in jail.

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:57 am 

Okay, so then according to your post "doing his duty" was part of his sacrifice. If the sacrifice was 16 years in jail, his duty must have been killing a white man and burning a building. Euronymous and that church (or all right, we'll say Christianity in general) were putting the white race in danger?

I don't think Christianity has even slowed down slightly through the burning of that church, and I have no idea what Euronymous was doing to sabotage the white race. Please explain.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:00 am 

^He killed a person, took their life, and was punished. He didn't sacrifice anything, willingly at least. He's not a hero to anyone but the weak minded and fearful. KFD suffers from extreme cognitive dissonance.

I find his unprovoked rant against capitalism ironic given his signature and website, the main message of both appearing to be: GIVE ME MONEY. :D

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:07 am 

Oh yes, you can send me a gift if you like ;)

Seriously, Vargthing, you're off-topic. Vikernes didn't kill Aarseth on political motives. But Aarseth was probably a manipulative and vicious man. Having myself been in touch with manipulative people, I cannot say that their decease would make me sad, to speak euphemic.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next