Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
HellishHound
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 370
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 pm 
 

How is Kveldulfr's comment's any different, "less pertinent", than just posting a picture of a prism because someone else misspelled prison? In fact I think Kveldulfr comment was even more relative than that one. And no, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, this is a serious question, I don't see what the guy did wrong? :scratch:
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
As a mature adult with refined tastes, I'm now smart enough to know that riffs are god, metal rules and hail satan.

Top
 Profile  
HeavenDuff
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 pm
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:04 pm 
 

Are you guys being so innacurate to mock him and intentionaly limit his ideas to basic racism or do you genuinely believe the guy is just like a teenage neo-nazi kid who hangs out with his fellow white supremacist friends to fuck up black kids at night?

Varg, while he is most likely racist, doesn't speak about cleansing the Earth of all Jews or Arabs, he's talking about protecting cultures that are being "invaded" by others. I've read and heard a lot of stuff of him saying Judeo-christianism is imperialist bullshit, and he's kind of right about the the Christian church being an imperialist religion that spreaded across the world, destroying other religions and cultures to replace these with it's own set of beliefs, social organization, culture, etc.

He probably views all monotheist religions like this, because these religions are all ideologicaly intolerant toward other religions and cultures that do not abide to their rules. So of course, the guy views Jews, Muslims and Christians as shit.

I might not agree with the guy, but he's not just a dumbfuck who walks around at time to assault black girls in dark alleys.

This post isn't aimed at someone in particular, but more like little sentences and assumptions here and there found throughout the thread.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8961
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:05 pm 
 

@HellishHound: "jewnarlism". If you fail at seeing any racism there, I highly question your judgment. His post reeks of misinformation, I guess he doesn't know much about France's contemporary or older politics. Let's move on and stay civil.
_________________
BasqueStorm everywhere wrote:
LOL!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
HellishHound
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 370
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:07 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
@HellishHound: "jewnarlism". If you fail at seeing any racism there, I highly question your judgment. His post reeks of misinformation, I guess he doesn't know much about France's contemporary or older politics. Let's move on and stay civil.


I thought he was making a joke, much like the ones recently made in FFA where Jew was used in the same context with Varg to make a bunch of funny jokes. If he sincerely mean't it, then yes I see the problem. I just figured it was the same as what was recently allowed to go on in the FFA
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
As a mature adult with refined tastes, I'm now smart enough to know that riffs are god, metal rules and hail satan.

Top
 Profile  
Filosofuck
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:19 am
Posts: 75
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:11 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
@HellishHound: "jewnarlism". If you fail at seeing any racism there, I highly question your judgment. His post reeks of misinformation, I guess he doesn't know much about France's contemporary or older politics. Let's move on and stay civil.

Nobody questioned whether it was racist. He only asked what he did wrong.

Top
 Profile  
Kveldulfr
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:01 pm
Posts: 2450
Location: Chile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:06 am 
 

HellishHound wrote:
Metantoine wrote:
@HellishHound: "jewnarlism". If you fail at seeing any racism there, I highly question your judgment. His post reeks of misinformation, I guess he doesn't know much about France's contemporary or older politics. Let's move on and stay civil.


I thought he was making a joke, much like the ones recently made in FFA where Jew was used in the same context with Varg to make a bunch of funny jokes.


Really, I thought it was pretty obvious it wasn't a serious claim. Not cause you throw the word jew in a (IMO) funny word play it means that I'm attacking jews (not the religion nor the people), just like when people say 'gay' as synonym for bad, mediocre and others, which doesn't mean the people who use the word gay in such way are homophobes. Again, I don't have anything against jew people at all so I hope this will make clear everything.

As I've stated before, here anything related to everyone openly right-winged is banned and condemned and we have openly jew journalism which has remarked the racist views of Varg in what, I think, it's a common thing in other countries: to buy some guns, especially from someone who has permission to have them. I seriously think the french government and the media are totally overreacting about all of this, only cause it's Varg and especially cause he's a racist guy.

Now, Varg is not a saint but let's resume this:

-Varg is against every religion who has destroyed and replaced the 'original/ancient' ways he still preservs, which led him to burn churches. If Norway were to be a muslim country, he would have burnt mosques instead. Then, while I don't share his way of fighting against foreign religions and indoctrination, he's not especifically against every christian, jew, muslim, hinduist or whatever people is roaming around, just like many other black metal musicians stated they're also against (now that many of them retracted themselves from those claims is another thing).

-He was convicted for something he has claimed to be self-defense. No matter what you think, Euro was an asshole and he was quite a crazy guy but I think if Varg killed him, it wasn't for racist reasons.

-If people here have actually read his articles, Varg doesn't claim jews, christians, muslims and others should be wiped out from Earth. He claims they should keep their religions and ways for them in their own lands, leaving 'Aryans' alone with paganism.

Now, Varg was supposedly planning an arson or something using his own wife to get the guns? and a .22? It's like trying to burn a church with a piece of paper and 2 small rocks to start the fire.

I won't comment about actual French government but what I've read looks like the country is slowly going to the shithole.
_________________
Forestfather in Facebook- Some sort of black metal.
Get Forestfather's new album 'Hereafter' here!
Kveldulf's various stuff in Soundcloud
Vahşet in ReverbNation - Death metal

Top
 Profile  
BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 3:20 am
Posts: 1986
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:29 am 
 

Hmm, I actually find his arrest more disturbing than Varg himself. Seriously, the idea that you can be arrested based on what you *might* do, is a very scary one indeed. Varg's an idiot, but even idiocy doesn't deserve treatment like this. I see a lot of jokes in this thread, but this situation has deeply sinister undertones, and those undertones sure ain't Varg's shenanigans.
_________________
"Satan, laughing, spreads his wings... OH LORD YEAH!!!"

Top
 Profile  
Paganbasque
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 1671
Location: Basque Country
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:30 am 
 

This a a great bullshit.

We all know that Varg is an idiot and a racist, but I dont think he is going to commit any terrorist attack, even less now that he has three children and a wife.

The worst thing of this if that he has been arrested without any serious proof, it has been mentioned that he is a friend of that norwegian guy, which is false, he only received the manifesto, and Varg critized him for his attack in 2011. The other reason has been that his wife has purchased 4 firearms legally, its this joke? for the same reason hundreds of people should be arrested right now.

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6904
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:37 am 
 

People are looking at it from the perspective of a rational and sane mind when they say "he woudn't do such and such because he is married and has x amount of kids!" Criminals are not only made up of unmarried childless men. I'm not saying he did or did not do anything but that has hardly been a deterrent for some people in the past to not transgress. That's just plain naive.

Top
 Profile  
Paganbasque
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 1671
Location: Basque Country
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:43 am 
 

marktheviktor wrote:
People are looking at it from the perspective of a rational and sane mind when they say "he woudn't do such and such because he is married and has x amount of kids!" Criminals are not only made up of unmarried childless men. I'm not saying he did or did not do anything but that has hardly been a deterrent for some people to not transgress. Just plain naive.


I understand your point of view, but I consider that Varg has changed a little bit since his craziest years so I dont expect him to do things like that, which is even worse than killing a friend and burning a christian church.

Anyway, we will see what happens, its Varg so I can deny any chance. :D

Top
 Profile  
false_icon
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 516
Location: France
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:47 am 
 

Kveldulfr wrote:
I won't comment about actual French government but what I've read looks like the country is slowly going to the shithole.

Well, as a local, I don't exactly look the things this way.
Things are getting a little better here, than what they were during the previous ultra-liberalist gouvernment.
Unemployement seems to stop its rise, the president lowered its salary (when the previous one's first law was to double it) and so on.

BloodSacrificeShaman wrote:
Hmm, I actually find his arrest more disturbing than Varg himself. Seriously, the idea that you can be arrested based on what you *might* do, is a very scary one indeed. Varg's an idiot, but even idiocy doesn't deserve treatment like this. I see a lot of jokes in this thread, but this situation has deeply sinister undertones, and those undertones sure ain't Varg's shenanigans.

I agree that the move against Varg is a fucking signal to everyone having a divergent ideology, be it left, right, ecological or whatever: be quiet and stfu.
_________________
Empyreal wrote:
This should be an official legit genre description: Alternative Whatever.

my trade list

Top
 Profile  
inhumanist
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 4620
Location: 50 Forts Along the Rhine
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:17 am 
 

Don't overinterpret this. Unjustified preventive measures against dissidents is hardly something new, and this case is not a good example for it because it is not mainly about ideology. As informed metal fans we are all more or less experts on the case Varg Vikernes, but it is not hard to imagine law enforcement mistaking him for a threat to national security. They don't care about black metal history and to them he's only a lunatic with a record of murder and arson. I can't speak for France, but in my country police and politicians have a strong tendency to downplay and ignore neonazi circles and their violent behaviour, so I can not say that Varg getting arrested stirs my sense of justice.
_________________
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?
CorpseFister wrote:
Personally, I prefer to know nothing of the esoteric hierarchy of MA and the profane rituals required to attain rank.


Last edited by inhumanist on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
caspian
Wanderer of the Wastes

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:29 pm
Posts: 6119
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:18 am 
 

false_icon wrote:
BloodSacrificeShaman wrote:
Hmm, I actually find his arrest more disturbing than Varg himself. Seriously, the idea that you can be arrested based on what you *might* do, is a very scary one indeed. Varg's an idiot, but even idiocy doesn't deserve treatment like this. I see a lot of jokes in this thread, but this situation has deeply sinister undertones, and those undertones sure ain't Varg's shenanigans.

I agree that the move against Varg is a fucking signal to everyone having a divergent ideology, be it left, right, ecological or whatever: be quiet and stfu.


This is a total load of crap. Conspiracy to commit a crime is a bitch to prove but what's the alternative? Wait until a massacre or whatever and then catch them? Y'know prevention better than cure and all that sort of stuff. It's a huge part of crime fighting (ya tards).

Granted, the whole thing (especially with .22s) is a bit ridiculous- but it's probably safe to assume that there's a bit more evidence than just that, the cops aren't under obligation to reveal all their evidence. Let's give it a bit and see what happens :)
_________________
http://www.pozible.com/project/177604 <-- got a crowdfunder thing going for an album I'm doing. Pre-order something!

Top
 Profile  
Kveldulfr
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:01 pm
Posts: 2450
Location: Chile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:32 am 
 

Yeah, so let's treat Varg as a convict for the rest of his life even if he actually paid for his crimes in his country. So, why letting him free if he can return to the church burning days, right? Lets keep him in jail forever to prevent any suspicious action! That's what I call understanding the justice/penal system.
_________________
Forestfather in Facebook- Some sort of black metal.
Get Forestfather's new album 'Hereafter' here!
Kveldulf's various stuff in Soundcloud
Vahşet in ReverbNation - Death metal

Top
 Profile  
inhumanist
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 4620
Location: 50 Forts Along the Rhine
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:38 am 
 

Nice strawman.
_________________
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?
CorpseFister wrote:
Personally, I prefer to know nothing of the esoteric hierarchy of MA and the profane rituals required to attain rank.

Top
 Profile  
matras
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:01 am
Posts: 875
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:47 am 
 

Kveldulfr wrote:
Yeah, so let's treat Varg as a convict for the rest of his life even if he actually paid for his crimes in his country. (...)


Actually his debt to the Norwegian state (in money) is massive and unpaid. Why do you think he moved?

And you make this sound like it's something unique to this poor favourite nazi that he's considered suspicious because of his past. Grow up. There's places in the states where you lose your right to vote because of a felony record. How's that for "I already paid mah dues"?
If I were a convicted murderer, convicted church burner and outspoken nazi with outspoken ideas of organizing a "revolution", and moved to your country, do you think the authorities would say: "Welcome mister" and honestly not have me under at least periferal watch?
again: grow up.

Top
 Profile  
Oddeye
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:24 pm
Posts: 1887
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:48 am 
 

Kveldulfr wrote:
I won't comment about actual French government but what I've read looks like the country is slowly going to the shithole.


What an ignorant BS comment.

false_icon wrote:

Well, as a local, I don't exactly look the things this way.
Things are getting a little better here, than what they were during the previous ultra-liberalist gouvernment.
Unemployement seems to stop its rise, the president lowered its salary (when the previous one's first law was to double it) and so on.


This is what I've heard too.

On topic; as a journalist I am pretty ashamed of the articles written on this subject, both here in Sweden and abroad. This is exactly what happens when the publisher give you 10 minutes to write an article.

Top
 Profile  
waiguoren
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:23 am
Posts: 2200
Location: Make a kiss to her
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:57 am 
 

matras wrote:
Kveldulfr wrote:
Yeah, so let's treat Varg as a convict for the rest of his life even if he actually paid for his crimes in his country. (...)


Actually his debt to the Norwegian state (in money) is massive and unpaid. Why do you think he moved?

And you make this sound like it's something unique to this poor favourite nazi that he's considered suspicious because of his past. Grow up. There's places in the states where you lose your right to vote because of a felony record. How's that for "I already paid mah dues"?
If I were a convicted murderer, convicted church burner and outspoken nazi with outspoken ideas of organizing a "revolution", and moved to your country, do you think the authorities would say: "Welcome mister" and honestly not have me under at least periferal watch?
again: grow up.


Yeah, good points all around. Imagine you're a parent, and you have a known sex offender living next door (say for child molestation), and the guy builds a jumping castle in his front yard. You wouldn't exactly want the guy still living next door to you, no matter how nice or whatever he seems. Some people are just more of a risk factor than others, I think we can all agree on that.
_________________
I am a Chinese lady with a pair of big water eyes under the long eyelashes.I don't know how beautiful i am , but people usually say that I needn't do face-painting.

Top
 Profile  
false_icon
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 516
Location: France
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:03 am 
 

inhumanist wrote:
Don't overinterpret this. Unjustified preventive measures against dissidents is hardly something new, and this case is not a good example for it because it is not mainly about ideology. As informed metal fans we are all more or less experts on the case Varg Vikernes, but it is not hard to imagine law enforcement mistaking him for a threat to national security. They don't care about black metal history and to them he's only a lunatic with a record of murder and arson. I can't speak for France, but in my country police and politicians have a strong tendency to downplay and ignore neonazi circles and their violent behaviour, so I can not say that Varg getting arrested stirs my sense of justice.

According to the media coverage, I still think that "unjustified" and "mistaking" are the keywords in your post.
I'm pretty sure Varg will be released in a few days (they can't keep him more than 4 days without charging him), but who knows?

Anyway, the DCRI (french intelligence/political police service) fucked up so much last year in the Mohammed Merah case (an islamist terrorist who shoot 7 people in 3 different attacks, while being on a police list of potential terrorists) that every slightly potential threat is taken out of proportion. Besides, targetting a neo-nazi may be linked to a few recent cases which also made the headlines (an antifa getting killed in a riot with skinheads a few weeks ago, for example).
Viewed from here, all of this Varg case seems just a way to say people that the police is acting.

But maybe you're right and I'm overinterpreting it :-D
_________________
Empyreal wrote:
This should be an official legit genre description: Alternative Whatever.

my trade list

Top
 Profile  
godsonsafari
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:03 am
Posts: 689
Location: Sparty's Land Grant University, USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:00 am 
 

Quote:
Varg is against every religion who has destroyed and replaced the 'original/ancient' ways he still preservs, which led him to burn churches.


Because the Vikings and their Norse Gods lived in civility with the surrounding cultures for several hundred years.

Quote:
If Norway were to be a muslim country, he would have burnt mosques instead.


If Norway was a muslim country, Varg would probably be dead for doing such a thing.

Quote:
he's not especifically against every christian, jew, muslim, hinduist or whatever people is roaming around, just like many other black metal musicians stated they're also against


Right. Because some of them are white people he wants to "wake up." Everyone knows that.

Quote:
He was convicted for something he has claimed to be self-defense. No matter what you think, Euro was an asshole and he was quite a crazy guy but I think if Varg killed him, it wasn't for racist reasons.


No one thinks he killed Euronymous over racism.

Most people think money had something to do with him killing Euronymous.

Virtually no one believes that he killed Euronymous in self defense. Only the truly delusional would believe otherwise.

Quote:
If people here have actually read his articles, Varg doesn't claim jews, christians, muslims and others should be wiped out from Earth. He claims they should keep their religions and ways for them in their own lands, leaving 'Aryans' alone with paganism.


Which makes an enormous amount of sense with the other things he believes. Oh, wait, applied some thought to it; it doesn't.

Quote:
Now, Varg was supposedly planning an arson or something using his own wife to get the guns? and a .22? It's like trying to burn a church with a piece of paper and 2 small rocks to start the fire.


Between the arson, the murder, the bragging about the arson that brought the authorities down on the Norwegian Black Metal scene, the failed prison escape attempts, the music, the hilariously inconsistent messages he puts into the world, yeah, honestly, you know what? I'm willing to assume Varg Vikernes is pretty stupid.
_________________
"It's not some safe thing like Fugazi where everyone sits down and eats their tofu and goes 'wow man, that's revolutionary' " - Jerry A of Poison Idea

Top
 Profile  
Kveldulfr
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:01 pm
Posts: 2450
Location: Chile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:29 am 
 

godsonsafari wrote:
Quote:
Varg is against every religion who has destroyed and replaced the 'original/ancient' ways he still preservs, which led him to burn churches.


Because the Vikings and their Norse Gods lived in civility with the surrounding cultures for several hundred years.

Quote:
If Norway were to be a muslim country, he would have burnt mosques instead.


If Norway was a muslim country, Varg would probably be dead for doing such a thing.

Quote:
he's not especifically against every christian, jew, muslim, hinduist or whatever people is roaming around, just like many other black metal musicians stated they're also against


Right. Because some of them are white people he wants to "wake up." Everyone knows that.

Quote:
He was convicted for something he has claimed to be self-defense. No matter what you think, Euro was an asshole and he was quite a crazy guy but I think if Varg killed him, it wasn't for racist reasons.


No one thinks he killed Euronymous over racism.

Most people think money had something to do with him killing Euronymous.

Virtually no one believes that he killed Euronymous in self defense. Only the truly delusional would believe otherwise.

Quote:
If people here have actually read his articles, Varg doesn't claim jews, christians, muslims and others should be wiped out from Earth. He claims they should keep their religions and ways for them in their own lands, leaving 'Aryans' alone with paganism.


Which makes an enormous amount of sense with the other things he believes. Oh, wait, applied some thought to it; it doesn't.

Quote:
Now, Varg was supposedly planning an arson or something using his own wife to get the guns? and a .22? It's like trying to burn a church with a piece of paper and 2 small rocks to start the fire.


Between the arson, the murder, the bragging about the arson that brought the authorities down on the Norwegian Black Metal scene, the failed prison escape attempts, the music, the hilariously inconsistent messages he puts into the world, yeah, honestly, you know what? I'm willing to assume Varg Vikernes is pretty stupid.


Then again, those are Varg's views, not mine. I don't share them.

Anyway, the obvious thing is police is overreacting with all of this. How then he was 'allowed' to live in the country? France could have denied his entrance from the beginning if they really think he's a sort of national threat anyway.

Now, about the French economy: I am wrong about the following?

The debt of France is currently 96% of its GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
The economy growth settled in -0,2% for this year (0.1% 2012)
France is no more an 'AAA' country in its risk category.
Unemployment is 11% (9.8% 2012)

With such economy, obviously the government will distract the people with anything they can.
_________________
Forestfather in Facebook- Some sort of black metal.
Get Forestfather's new album 'Hereafter' here!
Kveldulf's various stuff in Soundcloud
Vahşet in ReverbNation - Death metal


Last edited by Kveldulfr on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Calamity_Cometh
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 pm
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 am 
 

I am no fan of Varg or his musical endeavors, but I would be surprised to see the French authorities succeed in sticking a charge on him (except for maybe a firearm technicality - but definitely not terrorism.)

However, this predicament of his and the resulting discussion is entertaining. Seriously, you can't manufacture comedy like this on purpose.

Top
 Profile  
elf48687789
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:03 pm
Posts: 1634
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:25 am 
 

false_icon wrote:
Anyway, the DCRI (french intelligence/political police service) fucked up so much last year in the Mohammed Merah case (an islamist terrorist who shoot 7 people in 3 different attacks, while being on a police list of potential terrorists) that every slightly potential threat is taken out of proportion. Besides, targetting a neo-nazi may be linked to a few recent cases which also made the headlines (an antifa getting killed in a riot with skinheads a few weeks ago, for example).
Viewed from here, all of this Varg case seems just a way to say people that the police is acting.
That was my thought exactly. They were thinking rifles could mean terrorism and thought it's better to play safe than not investigate.

Funny enough, I heard about this before on the news, but I didn't know who they were talking about. I'm not sure they mentioned him by name, but they did mention Norway.

Top
 Profile  
matras
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:01 am
Posts: 875
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:28 am 
 

If there's nothing by tomorrow, I doubt they will charge him with anything. But I wouldn't be surprised if they throw him out of the country (since Norway isn't part of the EU and all).

Top
 Profile  
VaderCrush
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:05 am
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:52 am 
 

Not seeing an overreaction at all from the police here. This isn't like them coming down on some random dude for buying guns, Varg is particularly outspoken and inflammatory about his views on the need of a revolution, a convicted murderer who staged an escape while he was in prison, and spent a few years burning churches. He's a high profile motherfucker and the fact that people are watching him for any activity that could be construed as suspicious makes total sense.

Top
 Profile  
KFD
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:19 pm
Posts: 1064
Location: France
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:54 am 
 

Everyone accross the world should be aware that France has become a dictatorship where you can be arrested and jailed for expressing your ideas.

In the case of Vikernes, it turns out that the government wanted to warn him because of his latest article on his own blog. The police have nothing against him or his wife, as minister Valls ("eternally bound to Israel" thanks to his Jewish wife) admitted himself.

But Vikernes is not the only victim. A skinhead named Esteban Morillo is still in jail for accidentally killing an antifascist who assaulted him in the back. And a student went in jail for 2 weeks because he participated in a demonstration against gay marriage.

I participated several times in this kind of recent demonstrations. Each time we were chased around and clubbed by the police, though we were only shouting slogans pacifically.

France is a totalitarian regime.


PS: at the same time, some subhuman scum looted dead or wounded passengers from an accidented train some days ago and threw rocks at the rescuemen and policemen...
_________________
We don't need more bands, we need more support
http://www.soleilblancprods.com

Top
 Profile  
SoldierOfHell
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:27 pm
Posts: 62
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:59 am 
 

What do u except from a country with an Ukrainian whore on his postal stamp

Top
 Profile  
KFD
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:19 pm
Posts: 1064
Location: France
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:18 am 
 

I'm ashamed to be French, this country has become the dustbin of Europe, thanks to freemasons, feminists, Jews and African immigrants.

The French policemen, policewomen, journalists and judges are particularly stupid, vicious and dangerous.

France is today the absolute enemy of Truth, Justice and Freedom of Thought, as well as the absolute enemy of mental/moral health.

Don't come to France, this country is horrible and French people are degenerated stupid lying bastards.
_________________
We don't need more bands, we need more support
http://www.soleilblancprods.com

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5245
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:30 am 
 

KFD wrote:
Don't come to France, this country is horrible and French people are degenerated stupid lying bastards.

Everyone in the world has known that for decades.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Gypaetus
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm
Posts: 469
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:34 am 
 

KFD wrote:
I'm ashamed to be French, this country has become the dustbin of Europe, thanks to freemasons, feminists, Jews and African immigrants.



What about the feminist freemason African Jews? When you go out of your house, don't forget your tinfoil hat so no one reads your thoughts KFD. For safety.

:lol: Some of the responses in this thread are comedy gold. As for my thoughts, I echo the thoughts of quite a few people on here:

1: It's highly amusing that this is happening to Varg of all people.
2: I hope they have more evidence than 'his wife bought guns' or else this is a little bit fucked up and has some disturbing implications for the future.
3: I'm guessing they do have more evidence that hasn't been disclosed yet. If not, I'm betting money that he won't be charged with anything.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
I felt like if Ygritte shoved me chilly up my ass (Thats right, touched by fire)

Top
 Profile  
KFD
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:19 pm
Posts: 1064
Location: France
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 am 
 

Yeah, that's really funny when a "democratic" régime locks in jail for 4 days a honest man and his pregnant wife during hot summer, while the kids and domestic animals are left alone.

Did you ever have any experience with the police?
_________________
We don't need more bands, we need more support
http://www.soleilblancprods.com

Top
 Profile  
godsonsafari
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:03 am
Posts: 689
Location: Sparty's Land Grant University, USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:41 am 
 

Quote:
Yeah, that's really funny when a "democratic" régime locks in jail for 4 days a honest man and his pregnant wife during hot summer,


LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. This thread.
_________________
"It's not some safe thing like Fugazi where everyone sits down and eats their tofu and goes 'wow man, that's revolutionary' " - Jerry A of Poison Idea

Top
 Profile  
KFD
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:19 pm
Posts: 1064
Location: France
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:44 am 
 

Besides, the media published the address of their current home and of the place where they are building their future house. If any antifascist wants to harrass them, he just has to pick up the address, the police/justice will certainly not punish him.

Remember: the bad guys are the horrible NAZIS who killed Clément Méric and who refuse gay marriage.
_________________
We don't need more bands, we need more support
http://www.soleilblancprods.com

Top
 Profile  
Gypaetus
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm
Posts: 469
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am 
 

KFD wrote:
Yeah, that's really funny when a "democratic" régime locks in jail for 4 days a honest man and his pregnant wife during hot summer, while the kids and domestic animals are left alone.


No no no, what cracked me up was your extreme right wing, racist, conspiracy theorist ramblings which seem to at least partially stem from your self hatred of being French. I'm truly sorry but I don't think there's a cure for being French.

KFD wrote:
Did you ever have any experience with the police?


Yeah I've had a bunch of dealings with the police, damn them. My fiance's boss' son is a cop - nice guy, I talk shit with him on occasion. There's also a couple of speeding fine's I've gotten. The bastard cop told me to have a nice day after issuing me the fine :cry: I can't say I've gotten into any shit for protesting gay marriage like you seem to have done though. Damn it, I'm always on the wrong side of the law so I can't properly express my overflowing edginess against the establishment. And the Jews. Can't forget to blame the Jews!

To not completely derail the thread (though I could make fun of you all night), I don't think it's too illogical a leap to consider that perhaps there was a reason to arrest Varg? I'm betting that there was, but it probably can't be made public until he's formally charged. If he isn't charged, he'll be released in a few days in accordance to French law, apparently. I just don't see why someone like Varg being arrested in suspicion for being a terrorist has prompted you to... become a French Varg. Is it just the nature of forums in general that there's always someone who has completely illogical views, and needs nothing more than a hair trigger to go off the rails and spew forth insanity at the slightest provocation?
_________________
gomorro wrote:
I felt like if Ygritte shoved me chilly up my ass (Thats right, touched by fire)

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8961
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:18 pm 
 

I'm currently awaiting the massive anti gay wedding protests in England, it's a sad time to be French it seems, once a paragon of freedom and social advancement. I'm ashamed of my cousins.
_________________
BasqueStorm everywhere wrote:
LOL!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Riffs
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:48 am
Posts: 918
Location: Montréal, Québec
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:34 pm 
 

I'm always worried when I ssee preventive measurees like that being applied. Things have slowly regressed for individual liberties since 9-11 in many democracies.

It's a tough call and I don't think anyone here knowws whether this was justified or not. For the hunters and gun-nuts around here, please remember these losers are not being detained because they legally purchased .22 but because there is presumably reason to believe they were up to no good.

Are these concerns justified or not? I don't really know but I sure hope they are, and I hope eventually, the French government will justify the arrest with more than what has been said so far. I know the average French citizen will probably not care about a nutjob like Vikernes but in the greater scheme of things, it's a good idea to keep an eye on such things.

Of course, this is great for Vikernes if he walks. He can put out more shitty music and live off his fake badass reputation which will always attract a few teenagers and loners out there.
_________________
mjollnir wrote:
Noble Beast's debut album is way beyond MOST of what Priest did in the 80s.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9796
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:37 pm 
 

chaos_orb wrote:
As a father of three children, with number four on it's way, i guess he is lacking the time to think out masterplans on how to kill all the jews but is rather busy changing diapers, designing the room for his next baby and teach his kids how to walk, talk, swim, ride a bike, use a fork and a spoon while eating and a tooth-brush afterwards, and of course teach 'em good and friendly behavior ( :-D ), usual stuff a good father does. At least i hope so.

Pfft, real men go out and provide for their family while their wives do all that stuff, didn't you know?

HellishHound wrote:
How is Kveldulfr's comment's any different, "less pertinent", than just posting a picture of a prism because someone else misspelled prison?

:lol: He didn't. He correctly spelled "prism". You're just a little dense, I'm afraid.

Filosofuck wrote:
Nobody questioned whether it was racist. He only asked what he did wrong.

Fuck off.

Kveldulfr wrote:
Now, about the French economy: I am wrong about the following?

The debt of France is currently 96% of its GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
The economy growth settled in -0,2% for this year (0.1% 2012)
France is no more an 'AAA' country in its risk category.
Unemployment is 11% (9.8% 2012)

With such economy, obviously the government will distract the people with anything they can.

Yeah, clearly Varg's detainment and questioning is related to the French economy. Brilliant deduction, Sherlock.

KFD wrote:
I'm ashamed to be French, this country has become the dustbin of Europe, thanks to freemasons, feminists, Jews and African immigrants.

Yeah, them uppity wenches waning equal rights, how dare they. And of course, who can forget the freemasons and THE JEEEEEEEWS!!!!!11 who are responsible for everything that has ever gone wrong in the world, amirite?

Quote:
Don't come to France, this country is horrible and French people are degenerated stupid lying bastards.

I was going to object, but then I read your post, and it's all the proof I need for me to agree with you. ;)

godsonsafari wrote:
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. This thread.

inorite?
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:22 pm
Posts: 2719
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:43 pm 
 

Riffs wrote:
Of course, this is great for Vikernes if he walks. He can put out more shitty music and live off his fake badass reputation which will always attract a few teenagers and loners out there.


Just think of all the walls of 14-pt Papyrus we'll soon be blessed with!
_________________
failsafeman wrote:
In fairness though, a giant ball of cow dung is a hell of a conversation-starter.

Top
 Profile  
HellishHound
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 370
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:52 pm 
 

HellishHound wrote:
How is Kveldulfr's comment's any different, "less pertinent", than just posting a picture of a prism because someone else misspelled prison?

Morrigan wrote:
:lol: He didn't. He correctly spelled "prism". You're just a little dense, I'm afraid.


Woah, what is up with the hostility towards me? He most certainly misspelled prison!:

why wrote:
Criminals should go to prism.


Hence why the other guy posted a picture of a prism.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
As a mature adult with refined tastes, I'm now smart enough to know that riffs are god, metal rules and hail satan.

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6556
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:57 pm 
 

You're so sure of being right that you won't even go back to read the posts again, to see if you missed something?
why wrote:
I was only referring to the international surveillance program of the U.S. intelligence agencies, but apparently the relationship between the Varg kidnapping and the NSA is too vague for my remark to be funny.

Being dimwitted, I missed the reference at first, but in certain situations, some careful reading can supplement lacking wits to a surprising degree.
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dystopia4, Empyreal, MorbidEngel, Riffs, Rykov and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group