Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:26 am 

This is a band I have had my eye on of late as a few of you already know and they show a hell of a lot of potential. They might even be the U.S.'s answer to Moonsorrow (bold statement I know :-P ) or later Finterforst playing that same epic style, but for a new band they do it very well. They have two tracks up for you to hear and are virtually unknown, I believe the debut will have 3 - 4 tracks but they will be long players. Check out the track below, some nice ambient touches as well as that epic Bathory feel, personally I think they are off to an excellent start and hopefully have a bright future, enjoy.

Edit - preview track here -

http://www.terrorizer.com/news/streams/ ... terrorizer

https://m.facebook.com/Ifing.Official?i ... g.Official

Last edited by STORMM on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:36 am 

I cant listen to it right now, but taking into account your previous recommendations it could be something interesting.

The album cover is nothing impressive but I really like it, give me a forest/mountain/lake and I will be a happy boy, haha. :D

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
The album cover is nothing impressive but I really like it, give me a forest/mountain/lake and I will be a happy boy, haha. :D

Haha Same goes for me Paganbasque :-D Let me know what you think of it mate.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:06 am 

Can't wait to see more from these guys, STORMM.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:21 am 

BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
Can't wait to see more from these guys, STORMM.

Have not got an exact date for release yet mate, but I believe it to be very, very soon. Hopefully hear another 18min masterpiece or two.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:55 am 

Wow!! amazing music my friend, I have listened to the two songs I have found in youtube and the music is absolutely epic and cinematic.

I have shared the video with some of my friends and made a comment in the band´s facebook. As I can see the album could be released in 3/4 months. :D

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:39 pm 

Paganbasque wrote:
Wow!! amazing music my friend, I have listened to the two songs I have found in youtube and the music is absolutely epic and cinematic.

I have shared the video with some of my friends and made a comment in the band´s facebook. As I can see the album could be released in 3/4 months. :D

Thought this maybe something you would enjoy Paganbasque, might not even have to wait that long... I hope.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:50 am 

STORMM wrote:
Paganbasque wrote:

Thought this maybe something you would enjoy Paganbasque, might not even have to wait that long... I hope.

For me its ok, I have to save some money because this year is is a financial catastrophe for me. :S

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:54 am 

^sorry to hear that man.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:58 am 

i could definitely listen to a full-length of this. this is pretty much the EXACT sort of stuff i listen to when i have to spend an entire day in the library writing essays and shit. will keep an eye out for more from this lot. cheers!

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:01 am 

STORMM wrote:
^sorry to hear that man.

Don’t worry, if everything goes ok It will be solved with some months of annoying austerity. ;)

hippiedrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm 

I like what I heard in the linked video. This will be given some attention from me.

Twicklund
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:50 am 

Hey guys,

I am the drummer of Ifing, and I have some good and bad news.

The bad news is that the date of release for our album is going to be pushed back. We were going to self-release and cut a few hundred CD's and see what would happen.

The Good news is that the reason we have to push the release back is because we were just signed to the Finish record Label, Blood Music! So, the album will be released on CD, Vinyl and will be available for download. Since Blood Music wants the formatting and release to be legit, it will probably be more like Fall for the CD to be available.

The CD will have the two songs that were up on Youtube (we had them taken down as the person must have ripped our songs off of streaming, and the label has rights to the songs now) along with an instrumental. So, around 40 minutes long. We're also in the process of writing new music and hope to get that out in a much more efficient manner than this one was.

Thanks to STORMM for promoting our band. I also want to say to the person that put the songs on Youtube (incase they are on this forum) that we really appreciated the exposure, but we were uncomfortable having the majority of our album on youtube without permission.

Check out the facebook page for more info: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ifing/130637193674923

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:15 am 

Sounds awesome man, Blood Music is great. :thumbsup:

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:20 am 

Good news, I am sure that the wait will be worth of it. I shared one of the videos in my facebook and it received a great feedback!. :)

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:33 am 

Man, that sample on bandcamp was really good. Can't wait.

And OT, but is there any chance that Blood Music (or other label) will rerelease Helengard's s/t? The head of this project is a guy from Kauan so maybe BM will get the license.

Twicklund
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:09 am 

It's possible, but the label has a ton of projects on deck right now. They're going to do some kind of a Moonsorrow re-release, and just got done with a huge Strapping Young Lad box set deal. So, my guess is that they won't be looking into any new projects for a while. They are about to release Kauan's newest album, so maybe after that? I'd say low probability.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:36 am 

Twicklund wrote:
Hey guys,

I am the drummer of Ifing, and I have some good and bad news.

The bad news is that the date of release for our album is going to be pushed back. We were going to self-release and cut a few hundred CD's and see what would happen.

The Good news is that the reason we have to push the release back is because we were just signed to the Finish record Label, Blood Music! So, the album will be released on CD, Vinyl and will be available for download. Since Blood Music wants the formatting and release to be legit, it will probably be more like Fall for the CD to be available.

The CD will have the two songs that were up on Youtube (we had them taken down as the person must have ripped our songs off of streaming, and the label has rights to the songs now) along with an instrumental. So, around 40 minutes long. We're also in the process of writing new music and hope to get that out in a much more efficient manner than this one was.

Thanks to STORMM for promoting our band. I also want to say to the person that put the songs on Youtube (incase they are on this forum) that we really appreciated the exposure, but we were uncomfortable having the majority of our album on youtube without permission.

Check out the facebook page for more info: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ifing/130637193674923

My pleasure Twicklund, really pleased to hear the news man and look forward to the debut allbum, really enjoyed the two tracks that were up on you tube. You will be in safe hands with Blood Music.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:45 am 

After a long time of waiting, we have good news in relation to this debut:

IFING unveil debut album details

American folk black metallers Ifing will released their debut album “Against This Weald” via the Finnish label Blood Music on May 6th, 2014. The band was formed in 2010 by longtime friends Fritz Petersen and Tim Wicklund. The band’s name is taken from the great river in Norse mythology, which separates the realms of the gods and giants. Based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan, the band has forged its sound into an atmospheric, grandiose form of folk black metal, dense with organic layers of synths, acoustics, blasting drums and spacious hymns. As the ancient Norse used their natural world and surroundings to create myths, Ifing use these same ideas to convey Viking anthems of creation, the end, life and death, the afterlife and the dichotomy of opposing forces on our world and beyond. The band has unveiled the tracklist and cover artwork of “Against This Weald“. Logo by Ani artworks and painting by Anthony Shechtman Fine Arts & Illustration.

Tracklist:
1. The Sires Beyond Await ( 4:19 )
2. The Stream ( 13:07 )
3. Realms Forged ( 18:34 )

Line-up:
Tim Wicklund – drums and percussion, tin whistle
Fritz Petersen – electric, acoustic and bass guitars, synths, recorder, vocals

I have also seen that it will be a dipipack and that the preorder will be available in a few days.

The only bad thing is that the album is very short, with 35 minutes and two properly songs, but what I listened to was awesome so I just cant wait to have the album in my hands.

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:52 am 

Holy shit. This is amazing stuff. I will be buying as soon as my bank account allows :D
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:17 pm 

Looking forward to this one! Blood Music says on their Facebook page that a preview track should be up tomorrow.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:01 pm 

Have been watching this one closely and cant wait to pick this up. I also would have liked to see maybe one more track to lengthen it a bit but what the hell it will be an awesome 35min. This band have alot of potential and I hope they get the support they deserve.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:14 pm 

Oh, yes!:D

http://www.terrorizer.com/news/streams/ ... errorizer/

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:53 pm 

Refreshing how good that sounds, nice to see Terrorizer giving the band a bit of deserved promotion.

TheDarkHarvest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:15 pm 

Out of grand rapids michigan!!??!! I have to meet these guys now, I'm from GR too!

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:22 pm 

I'm really enjoying this. It's nice to see great songwriting from a new band. And shipping isn't too rough from Finland it seems...

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:37 pm 

TheDarkHarvest wrote:
Out of grand rapids michigan!!??!! I have to meet these guys now, I'm from GR too!

There is one of them a few posts up :-D

TheDarkHarvest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:28 pm 

I saw the post, but I meant in real life.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:25 am 

STORMM wrote:
Refreshing how good that sounds, nice to see Terrorizer giving the band a bit of deserved promotion.

This is good for them, I dont usually visit Terrorizer´s website but I know that it is a wellknown magazine.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:37 am 

Just a reminder that this is up for pre-order tomorrow for those of you who wre interested.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:28 am 

STORMM wrote:
Just a reminder that this is up for pre-order tomorrow for those of you who wre interested.

I hate you, well, my pocket hates you even more.... :D :D

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 am 

^ sorry about that, I know the feeling :-D

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:53 am 

Likewise. haha
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:28 am 

Lord_Brendan wrote:
Likewise. haha

It will be worth it Brendan :)

Blood Music
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:40 am 

These are available for pre-order!

http://www.blood-music.com/store

Blood Music
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:54 pm 

Stream the 18-minute album closer here:

http://www.stereogum.com/1673326/ifing- ... iere/mp3s/

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:18 pm 

Full album stream:

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured ... his-weald/

Blood Music
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 am 

Album is now released. You can find a Name Your Own Price download through Bandcamp:

http://blood-music.bandcamp.com/album/a ... this-weald

Please support if you enjoy!

Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktR3radvM-s

Spotify:

https://play.spotify.com/artist/7I28Hy4NsYf0KYiMgxXaMe

Plus iTunes, Amazon mp3, Google Play, X-Box Music, Rdio, etc.

As well, available through stores worldwide on CD.

Small snag with the vinyl - but it's supposed to ship to us from the factory this week and will dispatch right after. There's literally 1 or 2 copies left only.

Thanks everyone, hope you enjoy it!

Reply to topic