* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dark_Insanity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 am 

https://www.facebook.com/Manegarmsweden ... 1072918235

Quote:
Heathen Warriors Everywhere! Check out the Cover Artwork and Tracklist of Månegarm´s "Legions of the North" (Release Date: End of June)

After nearly 20 years of Rock n’ roll and seven released albums; Månegarm are back with their brand new effort - Legions of the North. Legions of the North is an album full of hard hitting melodies and ear catching refrains, all spiced with the special Månegarm flavor and served to you all in the best way. We’re very proud to present this new album and we really hope that you will enjoy it. The Wolf is back…Prepare for war!!
Markus Andé (MÅNEGARM)

Tracklisting
1. Arise
2. Legions of the North
3. Eternity Awaits
4. Helvrgr
5. Hordes of Hel
6. Tor hjälpe
7. Wake the Gods
8. Vigverk
9. Sons of War
10. Echoes From the Past
11. Fallen
12. Forged in Fire
13. Raedh

So, the wolves are back, is anybody looking forward to this album? Was totally surprised about this myself, when i saw the news today.

BlackHussar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 am 

Hell yeah! Looking forward to hear it. By the way, they have great cover for this album! I really like it!
Spoiler: show

pressingtoplead13 wrote:
Songs like "Meathook Sodomy" and "Addicted To Vaginal Skin" are some of my favorite songs all time to karoake [...]

Element_man
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:06 pm 

Glad to see another Verwimp cover, always good
Heavy Metal. No new shit.
Encloaked
Dungeon Synth/Fantasy Ambient

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm 

Yes, I'm very stoked for this. Vargstenen is one of the best pagan metal albums of all time, and Månegarm always deliver. It's been a long time since the last album, so I'm looking forward to hearing something new. Surprised by the English song titles, and didn't their violinist leave the band? Anyway, this should rule. Great artwork, too!

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:49 pm 

Totally stoke for this, too. ALso to me Månegarm is among (if not the) best pagan/viking/whateveryoucallit band
these days. No silly Korpiklaani-jolly-fun stuff.
Read about the upcoming album two months ago and found this is in an interview reagrding the lyrics in english issue:

Quote:
Pierre (who was responsible for the lyrics) left the band 2,5 years ago and then Jonas,
and later on myself, started writing lyrics and those beauties came out it English J Personally I don’t think it matters
whether the lyrics are in Swedish or English, as long as they deliver a story and goes along well with the music.
It’s really no attempt to reach a bigger audience, we’re way to old for such ideas; Jonas and I just think it’s easier
to write in English. We have one song with Swedish lyrics on the new album though!

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:25 pm 

Element_man wrote:
Glad to see another Verwimp cover, always good

For sure, his work is phenomenal.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:21 am 

The cover looks nice though Manegarm has had greater covers( the ones in the third,fourth and fifth albums were astonishing!).

I expect another solid release from these guys, they always deliver!

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:03 pm 

Not a fan of all the blue. Love the actual art though.

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 am 

Looking forward to this one.

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:39 am 

The solid blue filter and the naked woman on the front of the cover looks pretty silly, but manegarm musically haven't dissapointed me yet. Their vocalist has one of the best takes on viking clean vocals I've heard it literally sounds like a drunk viking. I love the mix of black metal, folk inteludes and swinging grooves with the violin tastefullly being used as another lead instrument rather than just 'OH BOY LOOK HOW NOVEL WE ARE TO HAVE A FOLK INSTRUMENT IN METAL!'. They can also pull of being a ridiculous ammount of fun while not seeming trite or frivolous; not a lot of folk/viking bands can pull that off successfully as a lot of the better viking/folk groups lay on the strictly serious side (moonsorrow, bathory, primordial) rather than trying to walk the line between the two.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:46 pm 

I like the cover except for the naked woman. Something else could have been in her place. Otherwise, a very detailed and easy on the eyes cover. I'm expecting this to be another fun album. Vargstenen ruled, but I haven't given any other albums by this band a listen. Should rectify that.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:09 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
I like the cover except for the naked woman. Something else could have been in her place. Otherwise, a very detailed and easy on the eyes cover. I'm expecting this to be another fun album. Vargstenen ruled, but I haven't given any other albums by this band a listen. Should rectify that.

Not that anyone actually seems to listen to Månegarm, but Nattväsen is an especially underrated album, since Vargstenen seemed to gain them a bit more recognition than usual, and Nattväsen is a perfectly awesome follow up.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:11 pm 

Razakel wrote:
Not that anyone actually seems to listen to Månegarm, but Nattväsen is an especially underrated album, since Vargstenen seemed to gain them a bit more recognition than usual, and Nattväsen is a perfectly awesome follow up.

Since this rec's coming from you, I'm listening to it right now. The opener's got one hell of a riff.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:41 pm 

:beer:

It's a very consistent album if I remember correctly but I'd say my favourite track is Vetrarmegin for its really evil and melodic riff partway through. Man, their vocalist always blows me away. His range is pretty much unprecedented in the genre, not to mention he's also the drummer and the bassist now that the other dude left.

quickbeam
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:19 am 

Oh man, I've been meaning to pick up 'Nattvasen' for ages now. 'Vargstenen' was indeed magnificent and, I would say, the greatest folk-metal-album-not-made-by-Moonsorrow ever.

Wonderful band. The early albums are also very enjoyable, if simpler in style.

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:01 pm 

Teaser Clip is online.

As "feared" the english lyrics seem to rob a bit of the typical Månegarm atmosphere for me
but I think I will get used to it.

If possible to tell from this short clip, the songs seem to be a bit more on the more simple (which
doesn't equals bad, mind you ;) ) and catchy side.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:44 pm 

i'll give this a listen - they're a decent band, one of the few playing this "folk" style that i like - but yeah, wasn't their main angle that they sang in swedish? their website used to state that on forming the band the "lyrics must be in swedish"...

Dark_Insanity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:50 am 

Has anybody heard this album yet? If so, is it any good?

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:32 pm 

It's leaked and from what I've heard so far it's really good....par for the course for Manegarm. Great band!

Like your reviews?

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:08 pm 

The violins are definitely missed, though they do their best to replicate them on guitar. It's pretty good stuff but the whole album kind of passed me by. My main gripe would be that it's not particularly ambitious, which I should have expected considering it's Manegarm.

Reply to topic