Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
King_Hands
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:46 am
Posts: 629
Location: Indiana
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:19 pm 
 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
KFD wrote:
If you mean that "following the masses" equals "following the leaders" because masses follow leaders, that's a sophism.

PS: anyone ever got an infection due to amateurish piercing or tattoo? If that's not a physical harm, what is it...

And nobody's ever been hurt by a traditional European activity of any kind?

This guy's got a point. Once a dutch guy stepped on my feet with his traditional european wooden shoes. That shit hurts.

Top
 Profile  
Oberst_Orlok_SS
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:09 am
Posts: 400
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:39 am 
 

Who let the trolls out? Varg Varg Varg
_________________
bassistneededlolnot wrote:
Houston...

...she had a drug problem.

Top
 Profile  
matras
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:01 am
Posts: 870
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:16 am 
 

I've read your posts several times now KFD, and they don't make any sense what-so-ever.

Top
 Profile  
Acidgobblin
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:56 pm
Posts: 2234
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:54 am 
 

KFD wrote:
The simple fact that the thread is 7-page long (with lots of insults and personal attacks, it seems) is enough to indicate that Vikernes hit a sensitive string.


Yeah, and whats your point? Are you suggesting that Varg has discovered some sort of truth? Because, lets be frank, he hasn't said one original thing in the last 15 years (if ever), let alone something approximating truth.

And yeah, many people do find the topic of racism, white supremacy and xenophobia as 'sensitive' and worthy of discussion. Don't join a discussion by trying to place yourself somehow above it- its very transparent.
_________________
"But I found the catchuness in those fast paced high pitched screams"-FOrbIDen,

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6888
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:48 pm 
 

Varg Vikernes is a man who has become brainwashed by his own press and he's milking it for all it's worth.

Top
 Profile  
lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 4:59 pm
Posts: 59
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:27 pm 
 

What do you think about the video that he linked on his blog? Do you think it's a worthy argument for the preservation of the white race?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... AebOPGpp0k

Top
 Profile  
Megadeth
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 474
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:04 pm 
 

lost_wanderer wrote:
What do you think about the video that he linked on his blog? Do you think it's a worthy argument for the preservation of the white race?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... AebOPGpp0k

What are you talking about with preservation? It's illogical that there's anything that could be described as a genocide going on, and the white "race" isn't about to disappear. Their bullshit is thoroughly self-contradictory, one-sided and idiotic.

White people can't marry within without being called racist? Almost everyone does marry someone with a similar ethnic background and nationality. A higher percentage white people marry other white, than what could be said about anyone else. It's simple math. There is after all a higher number of white people, and whenever a white person does marry a black person within a white majority country they are also "killing off" the black race. The result within the countries are in fact the opposite of what they claim. It's always the minorities that are being "erased" through interracial marriages. Their argument is non-sense. There are so few people marrying another "race", so there is no real reason to assume that either skin color will "disappear". And if you start making a big fuzz out of how you would never marry a black person, and that other white people shouldn't do it either, then there's a fairly high chance that you indeed are a racist.

The main point of the focus of the anti-racist groups is that it is happening in white majority countries, with a history of inequality and oppression. Black people fighting for black people's status and rights in a white majority country are not trying to oppress other's based on their color. The white majority, almost always when they are trying to do the "same" (fighting for white people's rights), they are pushing downwards on people with a lesser status and fewer rights. The white people in most of these situations are not fighting for equal rights; they are fighting to keep the power away from people of a different color/ethnicity/nationality (even though foreign nationalities will disappear with generations). Comparing white and black rights groups in white majority countries doesn't make any sense. If it is an honest white person fighting for equal rights in some African or Asian country, then it could make more sense, but that's not what they're referring to.


Last edited by Megadeth on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
Conservationism
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:48 pm
Posts: 431
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:40 pm 
 

Veracs wrote:
Immortal, and Gorgoroth.


He didn't. He pointed to pictures of excesses and said he wanted away from those.
_________________
DEATH METAL CULT
Open Directory: Grindcore

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:02 pm 
 

Megadeth wrote:
It's simple math. There is after all a higher number of white people, and whenever a white person does marry a black person within a white majority country they are also "killing off" the black race. The result within the countries are in fact the opposite of what they claim. It's always the minorities that are being "erased" through interracial marriages.

By normal logic, yes, but most of the people who whine about the white race being destroyed like this tend to follow the "one-drop rule" whereby they consider anyone with one drop of non-white blood to be non-white. The mathematics support their argument when they believe this.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
Megadeth
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 474
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:05 am 
 

If these brown eyed, brown haired (white trash) women think they are "purebred" they might want to do a DNA test. Besides, where does the line go, as everyone are related, and why do they define a race by the color of the skin? That's not where the biological differences go. If they refer to black people as belonging to the "black race" they are scientifically wrong. It also proves that what they really care about is not biology, and that their reason has nothing to do with sustaining the biological diversity of the human species (not that it sounds much better).

I don't know my ancestors further back than a couple hundred years. I'm white, dark blonde, blue eyed, and all my known ancestors are Norwegian. Does that mean that I am a "true" Norwegian? Funny that I've got a German surname then. What if I knew I had a foreign ancestor way back? I assume I have some German, because of the name. These people don't have any proof of their heritage, they just feel "pure", or just trace their heritage back to where their immigrant families came from in the 19th century or so ("wow", 4 or 5 entire generations). They have no idea where their genes come from, and if they start collecting proof of who are the "purest" white (whatever that means) then they can't exactly claim not to be racists. Why are racists so proud of being racists, yet so fearful of admitting it?

Who are they even trying to convince with that video? I doubt they make this just to get people to stop bothering them. They are obviously just preaching to the choir, as no one who ever considered interracial marriage would be convinced not to by such illogical, unscientific, inaccurate and hateful rationalizing. No one are being forced into the interracial marriages, so if their fantasies had come true it would simply mean that no one agrees with them. If no one agrees with them, what's the point of trying to warn them? Isn't their entire logic that other people don't agree? All this video does is the same as all racist videos does: It just gives racist bigots more confidence.

STOP White GeNOcide wrote:
The Aztecs conquered many surrounding native American tribes, practiced human sacrifice and held slaves. Yet anti-racists don't say that Mexicans must apologize forever and have their lands forcibly flooded with non-Mexicans and forced to assimilate.

Yeah. Those Aztec people are sure living the dream in their pure Aztec country of Mexico...

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:58 am 
 

The Aztecs already paid the price for their shitty behaviour: the other tribes joined the Spanish and helped overthrow the Aztec Empire.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
Acidgobblin
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:56 pm
Posts: 2234
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:31 am 
 

Conservationism wrote:
Veracs wrote:
Immortal, and Gorgoroth.


He didn't. He pointed to pictures of excesses and said he wanted away from those.


I would think that church burning and murder are relatively excessive, no?
_________________
"But I found the catchuness in those fast paced high pitched screams"-FOrbIDen,

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6373
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:40 am 
 

vengefulgoat wrote:
Firstly, it's not what I said. It's taken from someone's post on other forum I decided to link.
Point taken.
vengefulgoat wrote:
Anyway, his point was not to imply early Norway was NS, but standing in a position where introducing NS ideology into the music wouldn't be as off as introducing it to, say, thrash metal. I agree that other than later Varg speeches, Norwegians 'ideology' was just some rants about negroes, and not anything other NS groups would ever want to associate with. As far as social darwinism goes, I indeed doubt any of the original bands had something to say on this beyond shit in the vein of "let the weak die", and a phrase like that would still fit more into the laissez-faire individualist social darwinism than the NS eugenics based collectivist one.

Clearly, and with that, he's making no point at all. The fact that it's easier for someone to imagine those bands to be nazi, or even that that they're objectively speaking closer to having nazist beliefs than another arbitrarily chosen group of metalheads (if that's even true, in any case), says nothing relevant about the connection between the fundamental characteristics of the genre and NS. All of the racist or racialist nonsense those early Norwegians spouted can quite safely be handwaved away as attempts to visibly embrace extremity so as to appear to have beliefs in accordance with the music's revolutionary nature. I think the violence, radical anti-christianity and racism assiociated with black metal can all be lumped together as one element. Yes, racial bigotry was considered quite extreme in the Nordic countries in the 90s, probably much more so than open anti-christianty (even in Norway).
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
Whoregrind
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:42 am
Posts: 160
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:34 pm 
 

Folkemon_ wrote:
Never really read many of his ramblings but damn he IS insane.


Yeah what a nut! Having politically incorrect opinions is a sign of insanity!

Top
 Profile  
MARSDUDE
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:17 pm
Posts: 1665
Location: Canardia
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 pm 
 

Oh blow it out your ass

Top
 Profile  
matras
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:01 am
Posts: 870
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:11 am 
 

Whoregrind wrote:
Folkemon_ wrote:
Never really read many of his ramblings but damn he IS insane.


Yeah what a nut! Having politically incorrect opinions is a sign of insanity!


Wouldn't call it opinions when you spout things that are factually wrong. I mean, thinking the world is flat and that the moon is made out of spinnach isn't an opinion, and his ramblings are on that level.

Top
 Profile  
King_Hands
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:46 am
Posts: 629
Location: Indiana
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:20 am 
 

We all know Varg is nothing more than a half-mad half-insane maniac, so there's no need to try and convince us that we just can't handle the realness of his opinions.

Top
 Profile  
hippiedrow
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:15 pm
Posts: 1720
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:53 am 
 

I'm a bit late to the party, but this thread reminded me of Dr. William Pierce's video on extreme music, especially black and death metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I_nmGKS5sI

See how many albums you can recognize!

Top
 Profile  
vengefulgoat
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 am
Posts: 977
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:41 am 
 

Ilwhyan wrote:
vengefulgoat wrote:
Firstly, it's not what I said. It's taken from someone's post on other forum I decided to link.
Point taken.
vengefulgoat wrote:
Anyway, his point was not to imply early Norway was NS, but standing in a position where introducing NS ideology into the music wouldn't be as off as introducing it to, say, thrash metal. I agree that other than later Varg speeches, Norwegians 'ideology' was just some rants about negroes, and not anything other NS groups would ever want to associate with. As far as social darwinism goes, I indeed doubt any of the original bands had something to say on this beyond shit in the vein of "let the weak die", and a phrase like that would still fit more into the laissez-faire individualist social darwinism than the NS eugenics based collectivist one.

Clearly, and with that, he's making no point at all. The fact that it's easier for someone to imagine those bands to be nazi, or even that that they're objectively speaking closer to having nazist beliefs than another arbitrarily chosen group of metalheads (if that's even true, in any case), says nothing relevant about the connection between the fundamental characteristics of the genre and NS. All of the racist or racialist nonsense those early Norwegians spouted can quite safely be handwaved away as attempts to visibly embrace extremity so as to appear to have beliefs in accordance with the music's revolutionary nature. I think the violence, radical anti-christianity and racism assiociated with black metal can all be lumped together as one element. Yes, racial bigotry was considered quite extreme in the Nordic countries in the 90s, probably much more so than open anti-christianty (even in Norway).

Got to agree that classifying early Norway as NS is a huge overinterpretation (I doubt any of the musicians had any serious knowledge about the NS and similiar movements), even if that wave itself was a huge direct influence for NS bands later on to appear. However, while the original Summoning sentence:
Quote:
Original black metal has no national socialistic elements, so you are not more "true" or whatever if you follow national socialistic tendencies.

isn't false, it doesn't prove anything, as I doubt any of serious NSBM (Der Sturmer) or generally right wing bands, care at all how "true" are they seen in the eyes of anti-human, degenerate, nihilist black metal scene.

Also, I like how Varg claims to be all pro-(entire)Europe, seeing intereuropean tensions as apparently Jewish success, yet he's reblogging some of the most pathetic, chauvinistic German revisionist stuff that I doubt even anyone in NPD believes. I don't just say it as a Pole hurt by Germans claiming that post WWII borders weren't fair or that they are shown in a worse light than they really deserve, but twisting history around by 180 degrees from PC version gives a result that's infinite times more bullshit.

Top
 Profile  
uzilover
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:28 pm
Posts: 196
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:16 am 
 

Haha, That William Pierce video was fucking hilarious! I loved the part where he mentioned knowing Evil D.

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6373
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:44 am 
 

vengefulgoat wrote:
However, while the original Summoning sentence:
Quote:
Original black metal has no national socialistic elements, so you are not more "true" or whatever if you follow national socialistic tendencies.

isn't false, it doesn't prove anything, as I doubt any of serious NSBM (Der Sturmer) or generally right wing bands, care at all how "true" are they seen in the eyes of anti-human, degenerate, nihilist black metal scene.
Perhaps, but I can imagine that "trueness" being attractive to black metal listening potentially NS youth, especially.
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
Conservationism
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:48 pm
Posts: 431
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:57 am 
 

Acidgobblin wrote:
I would think that church burning and murder are relatively excessive, no?


For black metal? No, it's the "new normal" :)

Whoregrind wrote:
Yeah what a nut! Having politically incorrect opinions is a sign of insanity!


I guess to me the distinction is between opinions that are logical and those that are not. We already know most of mainstream politics are broken; adopting a "non-politically correct" viewpoint that is also broken wouldn't help, it seems to me.
_________________
DEATH METAL CULT
Open Directory: Grindcore

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9465
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:03 pm 
 

KFD wrote:
PS: anyone ever got an infection due to amateurish piercing or tattoo? If that's not a physical harm, what is it...

:lol: Holy shit, are you for real?

Hey, anyone ever got a broken leg from skiing? Skiing is harmful! :wanker:

Crisse de crétin...



You know what, this thread has outlived its usefulness. Varg is a blithering idiot and a raving lunatic, anyone with a square inch of brain matter can realize it. Nothing more to say on the subject.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jasper92, schizoid, The Lions Den and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group