* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:05 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/MachineHead/po ... 9302468823

Quote:
Machine Head and bassist Adam Duce have parted ways. The split is amicable, and Machine Head would like to wish Adam the best with his current and future endeavors. The band will continue on for the time being as a three-piece and have begun the writing process for their follow-up to 2011's "Unto The Locust". A late 2013 release is projected.

Well that kinda stinks.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

logan6511
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:25 pm 

Subrick wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/MachineHead/posts/10151339302468823

Quote:
Machine Head and bassist Adam Duce have parted ways. The split is amicable, and Machine Head would like to wish Adam the best with his current and future endeavors. The band will continue on for the time being as a three-piece and have begun the writing process for their follow-up to 2011's "Unto The Locust". A late 2013 release is projected.

Well that kinda stinks.

Fuck!! That really sucks.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:41 pm 

aaaaaand another band with an original member leaving, wtf is up with all this shitty line-up changes in 2013, jeeez... :nono:

novakm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 pm 

He's an original member, but certainly not an integral part of their sound (which is the source of bitter contention amongst metalheads, apparently). I personally love their last two albums and Burn My Eyes, of course.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:11 pm 

Unto the Locust was great. Better than most of The Blackening, and that album had some damn good stuff on it.

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 pm 

damnit why?!

Anfauglir1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 pm 

Anthrax,Slayer and now this? This really sucks.

Mike_64
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:37 pm 

novakm wrote:
He's an original member, but certainly not an integral part of their sound (which is the source of bitter contention amongst metalheads, apparently). I personally love their last two albums and Burn My Eyes, of course.

What this guy said, including The More Things Change, Which is overlooked for being in the shadow of BME. I remember there being some tension between Adam and Rob Flynn about a year ago that got so heated that Flynn was very close to leaving the band. And iirc, Adam was pissed during the recording of Unto the Locust because Rob refused to use some of Adam's material or change what he did use of his.

Well, that's not uncommon at all. Many people go on 4chan in order to get off.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 pm 

Anfauglir1 wrote:
Anthrax,Slayer and now this? This really sucks.

and not to forget; Black Sabbath

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:32 pm 

Charlie didn't leave/was fired from Anthrax. He's just had life get very firmly in the way the last year or so.

Riffs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:29 am 

I would give a shit if Adam Duce was part of an original lineup that had been known for its consistency and quality.

Machine Head have changed skins more often than a chameleon. It's been a revolving door of musicians, gigantic style changes to follow trends and a lot of forgettable albums that are 90% fillings.

Plus, Machine Head is one of the best "modern" metal band out there but that's like scoring highest in a retards contest. Winner gets a plastic medal and a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

FloristOfVampyrism
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:09 am 

So Machine Head drop yet another "Duce" eh?

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:31 am 

FloristOfVampyrism wrote:
So Machine Head drop yet another "Duce" eh?

I admit I laughed.

Last two albums have been pretty good, so let's see if they can continue on this streak.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 am 

I have to admit that I used to enjoy MH (not all their material) in my earlier years. I have seen them live twice and Adam used to be quite a monstrous figure on stage. Not sure how much he contributed musically but his presence will be missed during live shows for sure.

Hemispheres
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 am 

that kinda sucks...but at least he was around for the better parts of their career...not that they can't do great once again. New shit is good but it could be better...the new one had lots of filler...they need to bring the stellar riffs back...like shit you can actually remember.
Reading his books is just exhausting. Detailed descriptions can be great, but in Lord of the Rings when Tolkien takes up an entire page to tell you exactly how a tree looks... just get on with it Tolkien, you sociopath.

Riffs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 pm 

The plot thickens!

Contrary to the initial, classy report about "parting ways", there is now an entry on Flynn's personal journal where he says he fired Adam Duce, backed by the whole band because Duce had for all intent and purpose "quit the band 11 years ago". Stopped caring, was increasingly frustrated, etc...

I can appreciate Flynn trying to be honest but he sounds like a little bitch in that entry.

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 pm 

Give him a break, he just ended a 20 year relationship with his violently abusive husband.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:42 pm 

hahahaha @ the "dropped another duce" comment.

i have an odd love-hate relationship with machine head - my love for their first two borders on creepy, but my hate for everything since (and oddly enough, not so much the mallcore nonsense as the newer sell-back-in bullshit) is just as bad. i always kinda figured duce was the "steady" part of the lineup - he at least never really changed his look while they went all rap-rock and i always put that down to him being the "metal" part of the band, and i even attributed their "comeback" to him most likely forcing his hand somehow.

novakm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:43 am 

Riffs wrote:
The plot thickens!

Contrary to the initial, classy report about "parting ways", there is now an entry on Flynn's personal journal where he says he fired Adam Duce, backed by the whole band because Duce had for all intent and purpose "quit the band 11 years ago". Stopped caring, was increasingly frustrated, etc...

I can appreciate Flynn trying to be honest but he sounds like a little bitch in that entry.

I can understand where he's coming from though. I've worked with people that I liked, but wished would announce that they had accepted a better job offer because their quality of work was in steady decline and they didn't put in any effort anymore.

Reply to topic