Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AmberSilkAmbiguity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:54 pm 

This album's tracks 7 and 8 that is "Sonar Bliss" and "Magic", is disrupted, meaning it skips on quite a few places. I have the 2011 Peaceville release. Is this something that other people in possession of this album experience, too? Please, do clarify this matter. Cheers.

-Benedict de Spinoza

Panflute
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:58 pm 

I never noticed that, but I own the original pressing.

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:00 pm 

Never noticed anything like that, but I also have the original pressing. Since I'm assuming you bought it brand new, I'll say that I've had the problem you describe with a couple of new CDs I bought and it was because the discs were defective. You might want to look into exchanging it.

AmberSilkAmbiguity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:04 pm 

Cruciphage wrote:
Never noticed anything like that, but I also have the original pressing. Since I'm assuming you bought it brand new, I'll say that I've had the problem you describe with a couple of new CDs I bought and it was because the discs were defective. You might want to look into exchanging it.

Yeah it's brand new. I have a large collection and I haven't had the problem you're describing with a single one of them. It appears that I am encountering this problem with this CD, though. It's not frustrating but sort of disappointing because I had the original pressing a long time ago and sold it because I didn't like it. Now I kind of regret it. Nonetheless, there's no guarantee that if I purchase this album again I will not have the same problem again. It's damn cheap the one I bought from Amazon so I might just purchase it again but it's only on two tracks and not that much of it anyway. So I might settle with the copy that I have. Thank you for your response.

-Benedict de Spinoza

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 am 

:thumbsup: No prob.

I doubt it happened to the entire pressing...something like that would be easy to find information about. I acquired new copies of the albums I mentioned and they played just fine. Cheers, and best of luck.

AmberSilkAmbiguity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:50 am 

Cruciphage wrote:
:thumbsup: No prob.

I doubt it happened to the entire pressing...something like that would be easy to find information about. I acquired new copies of the albums I mentioned and they played just fine. Cheers, and best of luck.

You make a good point. Cheers!

-Benedict de Spinoza

Reply to topic