Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:31 am 

http://fb.bandpage.com/AtrocityOfficial

So Atrocity continue to just be baffling in their career trajectory. This is basically the proper follow-up to "Atlantis" in my ears, bombastic, symphonic death metal though this time the general tone is a bit more aggressive. The band keep hinting at elements of their early albums but I honestly don't hear (or expect) them in this. It's not a return to the roots per se so don't go in expecting that.

I like the song but I feel like it could use a more adventurous bridge, maybe a solo or do something more intricate and atmospheric with the orchestral stuff. I think it would work well in the context of being an opening song, then having a few tracks after it that have more twists.

However if you're like me and considered "Atlantis" a quickly forgotten spark of hope then this is worth a listen.

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:25 pm 

Do people here pay attention to this band's post-Todessehnsucht material?

I will never "like" a page prior to being able to listen to a song, that's completely illogical and makes a band look sad.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 pm 

I personally likes Atlantis and i'll be checking this album when it comes out, but no matter how hard Alexander tries, nothing will erasethat awful first impression i get from the band when a mate gave me the Gemini album 10 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:49 am 

Atlantis is a great record, so if they are going to record something similar I am happy with it. I will check this song as soon as posible.

enigmatech
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 am 

All the songs up for preview here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 8CXaK0CyaA

This sounds nothing like "Hallucinations", but I do think it is very good. Sounds like Unleashed in some parts, to me. I know lots of people have long given up on Atrocity, but I think that this very high quality death metal.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:58 am 

I dig the song. I've only listened to a couple of old Atrocity songs so I don't know how similar this is to their older material, but I think the song is a well put together piece of death metal.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:27 pm 

ld50 wrote:
I will never "like" a page prior to being able to listen to a song, that's completely illogical and makes a band look sad.

Exactly. This is so fucking dumb there are no words for it... I was interested in hearing the song, but no, I cant do this.

Reply to topic