Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PhilTasmal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:17 am 

For those who cares :

http://www.vengeful1.com/news.html

Quote:
We finally comeback with news about things to come. Guitar tracking has begun for our next release. Yes we are already in the studio to bring you more death metal. For those of you that pay attention to detail, we announced several times in some of our previous updates that we recorded 22 songs during the drum sessions for Vengeful. The album features 12 of those tracks and we released 2 cover songs. The remaining 8 songs are comprised of the re-recording of our first album in its entirety and a medley of our 3 song-demo. So what you'll get are more brutal and better sounding versions all the songs from Karma and Tragedy Lies Ahead. Those recordings will unfortunately serve as our last outings with Vengeful's original vocalist Marc-André Grenier who decided to leave the band to focus on his career and other personal projects. Even though the remaining members of the band are disappointed by his departure, we remain in good terms. The vocalist position his now handled by Emmanuel Pronovost who's been playing the guitar with Vengeful since 2008. His guitarist slot is now occupied by Phil Tougas (First Fragment, Chthe'ilist). This new configuration of Vengeful is featured on our rendition of Morbid Angel's Blood on my hands.

There is no release date for the Karma-TLA re-recordings but 2013 sounds about right. We'll keep you posted on that front..... In the meantime we're going to get back on stage to play our latest album and introduce this new lineup around our area.

Musical suggestions: Krisiun - The Great Execution, Psycrotic - The Inherited Repression, Paradise Lost - Tragic Idol and Lamb of God's Resolution. Eternal Gray, Nader Sadek .....a little late on those two. Looking foward to the new Down EP, Kill Devil Hill's debut and Gojira's new album.

Cheers

JML
Vengeful 2012 is:

Vocals: Emmanuel Pronovost
Guitar: Jean-Marie Leblanc
Guitar: Phil Tougas
Bass: Olivier Pinard
Drums: Philip Truesdell

"After a seven years journey, I have decided to quit Vengeful. For a while and for many reasons, my motivation had decline. A change of career and the realisation of many personal projects pushed me to take that decision.
I am extremely proud of everything that we have accomplished with Vengeful and with our third release, I consider that my mission is completed.
I'd like to thank Jean-Marie for his trust in me and for creating such a musical masterpiece. I also want to thank all the former and present members for putting their guts in the this project. Thanks to everyone that supported us throughout the years. Many unforgettable moments will remain in my memory forever.
I wish the best of luck to the band and the new line-up in the future."
Cheers!!
Marc-Andre

Here's a cover of Morbid Angel's Blood on my hands (The first track that we ever recorded with the new line-up) :
http://www.vengeful1.com/mp3/blood.mp3

Last edited by PhilTasmal on Fri May 18, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeySharpshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:39 am 

I enjoy Vengeful a lot, but the vocals have been a weakness for a while.

New vocals sound solid. Certainly don't get in the way.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:20 am 

i love vengeful, shame they dont get more attention. was interesting to read that they are planning a rerecording of their first album + demo. little skeptical about it, but we'll see how it turns out

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:06 am 

Vengeful's vocals have always been the reason I stay away from them, otherwise they're a great band. This, however, is awesome news and the new vocals are definitely solid. I'll be looking forward to this.

PhilTasmal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:57 pm 

Gore__Grinder wrote:
i love vengeful, shame they dont get more attention. was interesting to read that they are planning a rerecording of their first album + demo. little skeptical about it, but we'll see how it turns out

To be honest, the new versions of the songs sound way, way better than before and they're way more brutal and heavier. Some of the songs, like Cleansing are much faster and much more intense. The vocals are way more guttural, some solo sectons were added, some riffs were re-arranged too. This re-recording will truly show justice to the old material. The re-recorded demo tracks are actually the best part of the whole thing too.

IMO, the old singer was amazing and was an important part of Vengeful's sound, but his replacement his amazing as well.

Here's a track of one of my old side projects (Death Metal in the vein of Obscura-era Gorguts, Human Remains and Ripping Corpse) in which he was the lead singer, if you guys are curious :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-qPilM6Ox4

As for the vocals in that Morbid Angel track, I did the ones in the Chorus too btw (as well as the solo). Vengeful will still be keeping it's 3 vocal attack.

Last edited by PhilTasmal on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:48 am 

I'm particularly picky when it comes to vocals, i know Marc-Andre's vocals aren't the best but they aren't bad as some folks suggest, they certainly dont get in the way of the music. New guy's better though. If the rerecording of the first album sounds anywhere as good as the last double album, i think it's going to be killer.

ExNihilos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:42 am 

I'm going to be honest here - I liked Marc-Andre's vocals. Shame he's gone. They were unique and part of what made Vengeful special to me.

However the new vocals seems pretty good too, so at least things are looking up. I'm excited to hear the rerecorded debut. Karma was an album I found weaker than it's successors due to the mix and production, so I'm hoping that this will change my opinion or at least improve my opinion of it, since I love The Omnipresent Curse and the s/t.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:24 am 

PhilTasmal wrote:
IMO, the old singer was amazing and was an important part of Vengeful's sound, but his replacement his amazing as well.

Here's a track of one of my old side projects (Death Metal in the vein of Obscura-era Gorguts, Human Remains and Ripping Corpse) in which he was the lead singer, if you guys are curious :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-qPilM6Ox4

holy fuck why isn't that goddamn released? I'd gladly buy the fuck out of that.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:22 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
holy fuck why isn't that goddamn released? I'd gladly buy the fuck out of that.

I agree. You weren't kidding when you mentioned Obscura; this is about as close as you can get to the album!
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

PhilTasmal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:41 pm 

BUMP

"KARMAMMXIII will be available on April 2nd. Remember: this is not the new Vengeful EP. It is a raw, yet produced, upgraded version of our 1st album. It’s basically a representation of what the songs would sound like if they were put together by our current lineup with the exception the main vocals that were provided by our original vocalist Marc-André Grenier. This will be his last musical contribution to the band. It was important to have the original voice on this recording. It wouldn't have felt right without it. A song or two might make their way online sometime next week.....Keep an eye on social networks...

We'll be playing two very special shows to launch the cd (somewhat of a dated concept) and then pretty much go back in writing mode to finish the EP (3 done out of 5 tracks). Etienne Bayard (our 1st bass player and Vengeful's main vocalist during some of the early days) is now back in the band for those 2 selected dates. He's also featured on a good portion of KARMAMMXIII

Enjoy the pain"

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:55 pm 

Shame that Spheres isn't released. Cause I'm more interested in that than Vengeful.

PhilTasmal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:23 pm 

Karma MMXIII is now available for 10$ here :

http://vengeful.ifmerch.com/en/products ... rma-mmxiii

Here's some samples :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_hAtCX1MDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyp8HU8NwJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rg_2GMy21o

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:31 pm 

I know it's a re-recording but I'm cool with it. The production and sound is great. Love this band and album. Worth checking out if you haven't. :)

Reply to topic