Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TwoMonthsInTheCold
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:32 am 

Any good UK slam/brutal death metal bands?

Ingested
Foul Body Autopsy
Acrania

are all pretty cool. Any other suggestions?

Morbid89
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:59 pm 

My favourite brutal death metal bands from the UK are Gorerotted and Infected Disarray, Gorerotted are/were (they're sadly no longer together though a lot of their members formed a new more punk influenced band called The Rotted who are also well worth a listen) heavy as hell as well as fucking hilarious, and Infected Disarray are one of the craziest sounding death metal bands I've heard, technical slamming madness. Their vocals are absolutely insane as well though they might put a few people off. Some UK death metal bands worth checking out are Embryonic Depravity, Detrimentum, Fleshrot, Desecration, Dead Beyond Buried, Cerebral Bore, Akercocke (not strictly brutal death but some of their tunes are fucking intense), Ted Maul, Crepitation, Kastrated, Neuroma and Amputated. Only heard Ingested out of the bands you mentioned, really like their first EP and album but haven't been as into their newer stuff. Hope there'll be some bands you like out of that list :)

You know, every time I think I've heard the dumbest thing, someone comes along to correct that assumption.

metallicbrian666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:07 pm 

Unfathomable Ruination. Their album Misshapen Congenital Entropy was one of the better brutal death releases of last year

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:11 pm 

Quote:
Any good UK slam/brutal death metal bands?

I don't know brutal death/slam very well at all, but the majority of Scotland's metal scene seems to be death metal of some description; Please forgive me foregoing lengthy descriptions, as at times I really don't know how to talk substantially about BDM and Slam... although the bands herein are brutal... and some have slams.

I've spoiler tagged the list so it doesn't take up most of the page;

Spoiler: show
Scordatura:

Laceration:

Party Cannon:

Agonised Deformity:

Cancerous Womb

SingLoco
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 pm 

Hey dude, you'll want to give Engorgement a listen. Give Excruciating Intestinal Lacerations a spin, you'll find it's really stand out stuff from the UK, imo, great perversity on that album.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:24 am 

Everyone in this thread has basically covered the bands I would've mentioned. One more that's really cool is Twitch of the Death Nerve, they have a really unique and eerie sense of melody that I think most people will enjoy:

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:37 am 

metallicbrian666 wrote:
Unfathomable Ruination. Their album Misshapen Congenital Entropy was one of the better brutal death releases of last year

Agreed. More of the brutal technical side of things but fantastically interesting stuff.

I also would second Embryonic Depravity as a band to check out.

Zero_Nowhere
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:24 am 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Everyone in this thread has basically covered the bands I would've mentioned. One more that's really cool is Twitch of the Death Nerve, they have a really unique and eerie sense of melody that I think most people will enjoy:

The only problem with TOTDN is that the material you can actually buy is stuck alongside some real dreck.

One upside though is that there's no such problem with the other projects from the same people - Beef Conspiracy, Infected Disarray and Repulsive Dissection all have actual albums out, unfortunately they're just not as good as TOTDN.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:20 pm 

SingLoco wrote:
Hey dude, you'll want to give Engorgement a listen. Give Excruciating Intestinal Lacerations a spin, you'll find it's really stand out stuff from the UK, imo, great perversity on that album.

Yes, this is one of my favorite slam bands out there... great shit!!

Also already mentioned, but Amputated is really sweet brutal slam with a punk edge which is pretty unique is this genre, plus movie samples from Snatch!

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:43 am 

Morbid89 wrote:
Detrimentum

Cool, they've already been mentioned - I'd second this, a really, really good, with incredible lyrics - dark and philosophical, and quite poetic. It is worth pointing out, though, that they (unfortunately, in my view) changed styles completely on their last album, Inhuman Disgrace, which is more along the lines of progressive death metal (so very far removed from bdm). Check out 'Embracing the Deformity' for their best efforts.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:36 pm 

Zero_Nowhere wrote:
MutantClannfear wrote:
Everyone in this thread has basically covered the bands I would've mentioned.
The only problem with TOTDN is that the material you can actually buy is stuck alongside some real dreck.

One upside though is that there's no such problem with the other projects from the same people - Beef Conspiracy, Infected Disarray and Repulsive Dissection all have actual albums out, unfortunately they're just not as good as TOTDN.

So is this the quality or the real dreck? This band reminds me a lot of Waking the Cadaver, and not in a good way (too much randomness with the song structure and chords, too much "Eeebrrbree brrr bree bree breee brrrbreeee" with the vocals) I did try to get into it, I really did.

Brutality_Junkie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:43 pm 

Surprised to see no mention of Pathological Abomination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZuF3xd29oY

One of the better one man slam projects I've heard in some time.

Second best cover of 'Entrails Full Of Vermin' I've ever heard too.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:59 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:

Named after one of my favorite gialli, nice :)

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:35 pm 

Brutality_Junkie wrote:
Surprised to see no mention of Pathological Abomination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZuF3xd29oY

One of the better one man slam projects I've heard in some time.

Second best cover of 'Entrails Full Of Vermin' I've ever heard too.

I absolutely LOVE Pathological Abomination's EP. It's fantastic stuff. Problem is I've been waiting for new material (or a full length album) for a lo000oong time now. :( Also, I didn't know they were from the UK. Cool.

Brutality_Junkie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:03 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
I absolutely LOVE Pathological Abomination's EP. It's fantastic stuff. Problem is I've been waiting for new material (or a full length album) for a lo000oong time now. :( Also, I didn't know they were from the UK. Cool.

Apparently a new album is supposed to drop sometime at the end of the year. It's not a hundred percent but it's certainly better than no updates at all. (*cough* Carnal Disfigurement *cough* *cough*)

I know they're not a UK band but I'm still pretty pissed that Carnal Disfigurement could release an album as excellent as 'Inhuman Devoured Content From Cranial Cavity' and just drop off the face of the earth. :fuck:

MutantClannfear wrote:

Been listening to this band since I saw your message. Pretty damn unique. Very nice find...then again, you always find really awesome brutal death metal. Hopefully these guys come out with something new soon too.

Zero_Nowhere
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:40 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
So is this the quality or the real dreck? This band reminds me a lot of Waking the Cadaver, and not in a good way (too much randomness with the song structure and chords, too much "Eeebrrbree brrr bree bree breee brrrbreeee" with the vocals) I did try to get into it, I really did.

That's the quality. TOTDN really aren't for everyone, but they do some very interesting things with the songwriting and melody (admittedly, 90% of it won't ping as different to someone who isn't that familiar with how BDM usually works - especially someone who thinks that TODTN structure their stuff in the same way WTC did when they weren't a glorified Dying Fetus cover band).

The dreck.... is really that damned bad. The split EP they're on has most of the contributions from Corpse Carving (who are every shitty bedroom goregrind cliché given band form) and Bludgeon (who are incredibly generic, lazy slam with an obnoxious drum machine). I like braindead moshpit DM and I can't find any reason to listen to either.

Reply to topic