Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 pm 

Hawksword192 wrote:
The truly hilarious thing on regards to all of this is that the Neanderthals were out-competed because the cold environment adaptations were inferior to their cousins ingenuity especially when their environments began to rapidly fluctuate from Ice Age to warmer weather. Neanderthals did create tools and were quite intelligent but they weren't good enough at adapting to their surroundings.
[...]
While they likely weren't stupid, they're not the ubermensch all these Stormfront kids would have you believe ever since they found out that Neanderthal crossbreeding did occur.

You make a lot of assertions, and I'm curious as to how you came about this information? As far as I have found, no-one knows exactly what the ultimate fate of the Neandertals were, yet you apparently have figured it all out.

Hawksword192
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm 

Unfortunately since I graduated I stopped having access to databases such as JSTOR where all this data was available to me during my Human Evolution courses at school. We studied the Neanderthals for a good portion of time as well as their sites since their relatively recent existence means we have more evidence on regards to them than any other human progenitor in the archaeological record. If anyone has access and they are truly interested, I recommend to scan there for academic articles on Neanderthals. As for me, I can only really give you the summary of what I studied.

absurder21
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:28 pm 

Against Such Things wrote:
I think this sounds interesting. I usually find that the "crazy" people in the world tend to be either enlightening and/or humorous.

On a side note, I'm genuinely shocked that Varg was both interested in marriage and found a woman itneresting in him.

lol, He's racist, not asexual. Being a black metal musician/LOTR nerd doesn't spell reproductive end for all of us (they got married before Euronymous's murder too, I believe). Also too OP, that music sounded pretty standard fare for Burzum. While it's not tremelo picked or overly heavy in power chords, it's more or less the same electric guitar chords and arpeggios he uses between those. Vocals sound exactly like he has since Belus too.

raumr wrote:

You make a lot of assertions, and I'm curious as to how you came about this information? As far as I have found, no-one knows exactly what the ultimate fate of the Neandertals were, yet you apparently have figured it all out.

Um, do you see any Neanderthal's around or people who have been proven to be 100% Neanderthal? Is it really a mystery to you as to what happened to them? And yes, we do know quite a bit about them (my knowledge coming from a PH.D and professor of Anthropological Palentology at UofT, my sister). Watch walking with the Caveman, there's a whole episode about them. Like it's been mentioned, the problem with Neanderthal was, they just didn't have the imagination and curiosity to the extent we did. We did stuff just to see what happened (such as using Ostrich egg shells to bury water for migration cycles), where as they only knew what had worked previously, which in a rapidly changing earth, was a serious flaw. Also, we really liked killing the fuck out of them, as per everything else we've encountered.

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:41 pm 

absurder21 wrote:
Um, do you see any Neanderthal's around or people who have been proven to be 100% Neanderthal? Is it really a mystery to you as to what happened to them? And yes, we do know quite a bit about them (my knowledge coming from a PH.D and professor of Anthropological Palentology at UofT, my sister). Watch walking with the Caveman, there's a whole episode about them. Like it's been mentioned, the problem with Neanderthal was, they just didn't have the imagination and curiosity to the extent we did. We did stuff just to see what happened (such as using Ostrich egg shells to bury water for migration cycles), where as they only knew what had worked previously, which in a rapidly changing earth, was a serious flaw. Also, we really liked killing the fuck out of them, as per everything else we've encountered.

I guess my previous post was somewhat off the mark. I was pretty much reacting to how Hawksword192 appeared to know exactly what happened. I know that there are several theories that are more likely than others (admixture, competition with h. sapiens, changing climate, etc etc). I guess I'm splitting hairs, but it bothers me when people say "this is what happened", instead of "this is what the evidence tells us".

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:42 pm 

lol @ this movie existing. Varg's book about Norse mythology and pre-Christian religion must have sold like hot cakes.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:40 pm 

Any new Burzum music is a welcome for me. Loved the last three albums and would be interesting to get a non-metal album from Varg this time around. As far as all this bear-cult, super-bear Euro-man movie, I'd be interesting in seeing what he has to say about the subject.

Erisgaroth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:41 am 

Like so many before me, is great to have an opportunity to listen to more music of Burzum.
The matter of the movie, well... knowing his funny and somewhat idiotic ideas about the superiority of the Nordic/white people this will be totally irrelevant. I'm not interested in what would he say, and it would be comical at best, and shameful at worst. But let's gonna see.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 am 

Well, atleast Varg uses the turn signal and doesn't drive over that man in the start of the video.

I'm actually quite intrigued to buy Lada Niva too. Looks nice, especially with that coloring. And everyone knows Lada is the best car for cold northern winters. That's common knowledge around here atleast.

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:42 am 

They've posted another trailer. God, are they bad at this. At least this one's not ten minutes long. The interesting thing about this video is that the background music is clearly a new version of "Han Som Reiste"; perhaps he's got some more re-recordings lying around?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... waMx0RhBsQ

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2