Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 am 

https://www.facebook.com/36647461121/po ... 830981122/

There you have it:

"Iceland post rock outfit SÓLSTAFIR
are now announcing the details for their new album 'Endless Twilight of Codependent Love', set for worldwide release on November 6. Pre-orders will be available soon.
The band have also released a teaser for the new record, which can be viewed at the official Season of Mist Channel below. The teaser was created by Aimed & Framed"
'Endless Twilight of Codependent Love' was recorded at the Sundlaugin Studio (Iceland), where 'Svartir Sandar', 'Ótta' and 'Berdreyminn' were also recorded by producer Birgir Jón Birgisson (Sigur Rós, Alcest, Damien Rice).
Tracklist:
1. Akkeri
2. Drýsill
3. Rökkur
4. Her Fall From Grace
5. Dionysus
6. Til Moldar
7. Alda Syndanna
8. Or
9. Úlfur
10. Hrollkalda Þoka Einmanaleikans (bonus track)
11. Hann For Sjalfur (bonus track)

https://youtu.be/gKIA9D7tmhU

Stream the single here

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:24 pm 

They are one of the most reliable bands out there if you are into their sound. The single was really good, more guitar oriented than expected and had even a very little unexpected Kold-like black metal section, I'll probably get this as soon as it comes out

HviteGuden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:10 pm 

"Köld" and "Svartir Sandar" were good, "Ótta" was decent, "Berdreyminn" was meh. Their best sound is an impulsive progressive/post metal. But they have been becoming more and more post-rock-ish. My expectations are pretty low. I'll be glad, if I'm wrong.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:22 pm 

HviteGuden wrote:
"Köld" and "Svartir Sandar" were good, "Ótta" was decent, "Berdreyminn" was meh. Their best sound is an impulsive progressive/post metal. But they have been becoming more and more post-rock-ish. My expectations are pretty low. I'll be glad, if I'm wrong.

The last one for me was an huge grower, after being very disappointed initially. It relies much less on guitar and more on textures, and i started to really enjoying it while driving home at dusk :)

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:10 pm 

HviteGuden wrote:

I feel the same. Köld is still their best but to me they sound more like progressive cowboy dad rock or something like that. Their latest albums are very bland.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:29 pm 

I really like the Otta album. Have they always referred to themselves as Post-rock or is this something new?

SilverSpring2018
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:17 am 

That single is good. I need the heavy parts to keep me interested. I miss the Kold sound, but I'll take what I can get from this band.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm 

jimbies wrote:
I really like the Otta album. Have they always referred to themselves as Post-rock or is this something new?

They have since Svartir which is such a dumb label because they sound nothing like any of the other post rock contemporaries.

They're post metal maybe? Hard Rock/Post Metal hybrid at best, maybe the admins can change their genre description to that because they don't sound anything like Sigur Ros or GYBE

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:09 am 

It sounds familiar in a way - same tempos, same harmonies and melodic structures in the riffs and leads, vocal patterns, etc. - but I fucking love Solstafir, so that's all fine with me. They've got a well established sound at this point and are doing a damn good job at executing it as always.

It WAS very refreshing to hear that it was overall much heavier though, especially since Otta and Berdreyminn were both just softer albums overall - they're a great pair and have a lot of beautiful atmospheres throughout. If they were to put out a 3rd album like that in a row I feel like I'd start to get a bit restless and want them to pick up the pace again, so that blast beats/tremolo black metal section was very surprising and very welcome. I'm stoked!

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:57 am 

New song. After Berdreyminn which I found a bit lacklustre after the magnificent Otta, I'm liking these new songs so far.

Spoiler: show

Reply to topic