Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TikrasTamsusNaktis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:44 pm 

Hey, where should I start with when it comes to getting into these guys. I have heard lots of good things and they have so many albums and stuff out already that it is intimidating ahha. So what would you guys say are the best albums to start with and most necessary? Thanks in advance

Metal_Finder
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:13 am 

http://njiijnarts.webs.com/apps/forums/

Try asking here.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:27 am 

With a band like that, you might just want to start from the beginning.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:01 am 

Depends what sort of stuff you're into, if you want atmospherics, go early, if you want crazier stuff go for The Path of Liberation... and if you want kinda rocky non bm-y stuff go for the new one.

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:13 pm 

Taegnuub and Yrg Alms are good albums to start with if you're looking for the atmospheric black metal style.

As said already, Path of Liberation from Birth and Death is a great album if you like avant-garde ness and Serpents in the Sky is just all around brilliant if you like, well, music.

KC
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:50 pm 

Yrg Alms.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:00 am 

Honestly man, Njiqahdda touches upon so many different sounds and each release tends to be drastically different than any other release. I wouldn't necessarily say there's a clear starting point with this band. I suggest jumping into any random album and if you like the sound stick with it. If not try another one out, odds are if they piqued your interest enough to start a thread than you'll definitely find music by Njiqahdda that you'll love. Every recommendation here is a good one. Yrg Alms, The Path, Taegnuub, and Serpents are all stellar albums but each is an entirely different sound.

They are certainly one of my favorite bands, but even as big a fan as I am I haven't heard their entire discography. I have heard most though and would recommend the following gems hidden deep in their discography that too many people don't mention:
Parallaxis
Nil Vaaartului Nji
N' Ventrii
The Njiqahdda side of the Departures of the Golden temple split

Rokkross
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 pm 

Just listen to everything you can; you'll get to it all eventually if you're really interested. They've made a few recordings freely available on their bandcamp (feel free to send 'em a couple of bucks if you want to though!), so I'd grab some releases from here if I were you, since it's the most easily accessible. Bands like this tend to have a hectic approach to releasing music, so instead of asking where to start, you should take a hectic approach to listening. Just check off what you've heard and move on to another.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:22 pm 

From my experience most of it's really solid, but the Path of Liberation.. is definitely the best starting point. As good as yrg alms and the earlier stuff is, Liberation is the monolith, it's the stand out of their career in my opinion, it's brilliant all the way through. Fantastic record.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Reply to topic