Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:00 pm 

well I just listened to the whole album for the first time, all I remember of it right now is that Cycles of Suffering, title track and the re-recorded Beginning of Sorrow totally kick ass whereas Sullen Days is probably the worst song Suffo has ever done...the rest isnt really great but not bad either

Necronipple
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 pm 

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration wrote:
well I just listened to the whole album for the first time, all I remember of it right now is that Cycles of Suffering, title track and the re-recorded Beginning of Sorrow totally kick ass whereas Sullen Days is probably the worst song Suffo has ever done...the rest isnt really great but not bad either

I definitely disagree about Sullen Days. I think the song is awesome, and actually I think the entire album is. In my opinion, easily their best since DtS.

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:22 pm 

My main gripe with that song is that goddamn main riff with those GODDAMN ANNOYING PINCH HARMONICS, seriously that riff is so annoying and it just keeps coming back OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN it's like they only wrote that whole song to piss me off! Even if the rest of the song was awesome (it's not) I simply can't bring myself to wade through that goddamn pinch harmonic cat torture riff for even one time, much less all those 5 million times that they repeat it throughout the song.
That acoustic intro/outro is pretty cool though.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:33 am 

I bought this album about a week ago. I've listened to it a couple of times and I think it's going to be a grower. The production isn't nearly as annoying as I thought it was going to be, so that's a positive. Won't be the best thing I hear all year, but it's not too bad.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:11 am 

It sure would be nice if the copy I ordered would just show up already. Such is the ebay roulette.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 am 

Sullen Days? I simply skip... :-P

"You make it easy."

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:27 am 

Lyrics video for 'Cycles of suffering'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 4p-ZlRdCRM

"You make it easy."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6