Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 pm 

I was talking to the shopkeeper at a local record store, just shooting the shit about metal a little after I stopped in to ask about a book about metal. I showed him my timeghoul shirt and asked him if he knew them. He didn't, and he asked me if I could compare them to someone... uhm... uh... they have kind of grim barbershop vocals... "oh you mean like group singing." Yeah. "Are they clean vocals or hoarse?" (I'm kinda just paraphrasing the conversation) They're clean vocals, they have growling vocals too. "Oh, I love clean vocals in metal." *He looks up the band on his computer* "Oh, they're a 90s band." That's pretty much how the conversation went, which was right before I said thanks and walked out. This was after saying I might be having second thoughts about purchasing a copy of "Metalion: The Slayer Mag Diaries by Jon Kristiansen" because I knew most of the bands in it.

Tl;dr How would you describe timeghoul? What would you say when asked who they can be compared to?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:41 pm 

So you can go back and tell him and win street cred?

Juicebitch said:
Quote:
I cant stand people who do the whole "yeah, i was just shooting the breeze about metal no big deal, talked about a metal band which some guy didnt know about, but you guys know about this band, right?"

If you want to find similar bands to Timeghoul, use the death metal help thread. Don't disguise a thread this way.

Quote:
This was after saying I might be having second thoughts about purchasing a copy of "Metalion: The Slayer Mag Diaries by Jon Kristiansen" because I knew most of the bands in it.

You're so cool.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
So you can go back and tell him and win street cred?

Fuck no. I'm wasn't really that keen on having the conversation with him in the first place. It was just a whim that I even decided to have a little conversation with him.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.