07. Loyal Shadow
08. Rise Above The Sentiment
09. Parasite Blues
10. Owls Predict, Oracles Stand Guard

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=183023

Milo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:44 am 

Who the fuck cares? Not being a hater, just talking out of frustration here. It´s really sad to me that these guys can´t write songs like Spirits of the Future Sun or Chainheart Machine anymore. It sucks that I can hardly relate with a band which wrote two of my favorite songs ever.

It also sucks that Dirk Verbeuren (one of the best drummers in metal) is playing for what is now just a worthless band.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:55 pm 

This band has been so hit-and-miss for me. They have really melodic, awesome sounding melodic death songs and then they have cheesy slow modern melodic death songs which bite the dust. I think they picked it up somewhat on their last album, but they still have more stride to pickup. I'm seeing them in March so I'll be hearing some of these songs I'm sure; hopefully they're good.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:08 pm 

I actually really like the last Soilwork album. It's just a really fun and energetic album, so I'm quite curious about the new one.

Kerber
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:29 pm 

I'll check the new album out for sure. The last album was alright, although it had pretty shitty production, and that awful Lamb of God guitar tone. And with Peter Wichers gone, I don't think we'll see that awful production, so I'm fairly optimistic.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:15 pm 

I even like the fairly weak Soilwork albums, though The Panic Broadcast was their best since Natural Born Chaos.

The album art is quite awesome (for some reason it reminds me of Mastodon).

A double album is certainly ambitious for Soilwork though, never quite expected that. Could they be going in a new direction? Who knows. I just hope the songs are good.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:55 pm 

I loved A Predator's Portrait and Natural Born Chaos back when I was a fledgling metalhead, but this band doesn't really offer anything for me anymore.

The best thing about this band was the guitar duo of Peter Wichers and Ola Frenning. Once Peter left, they were pretty much hopeless (although Stabbing the Drama wasn't exactly a top-notch release), and when he rejoined, it was only because Ola left. And now neither one is in the band.

Orkblut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:13 pm 

Steelbath, Chainheart and Predator's Portrait are the best. Natural Born chaos and Figure number five had some cool stuff, stabbing the drama was alright, gettin a bit cheesy though, didnt get into much after that. Chainheart is definately my favourite album by them.

New soilwork will surely beat anything In Flames do these days though.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:10 am 

I've enjoyed the last few albums they did. I think it's risky to do a double album because they have always had a lot of filler on their single albums. Still, they are a great live band to check out and put on a really good show.

tcgjarhead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:25 am 

Steelbath Suicide, Chainheart Machine, and The Predator's Portrait are their best albums imo. The first two in particular are really solid melodic death, with The Predator's Portrait they began to pull an In Flames and it went off a cliff after that.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:34 am 

I used to be a great fan of this band, but I slowly lost interest in them, perhaps the last albums have not been so good and my tastes have changed a little bit. Anyway Natural Born Chaos and Figure Number five are excellent works and I still listen to them from time to time.

A double album could be too ambitious, its too long but I wil trly to check it out. As other guy has mentioned it could represent a change in the musical direction.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:23 pm 

Well, this album leaked.

Since I cannot help myself, I had to have a listen to this album.

Needless to say it's a beast. There are indeed progressive metal moments thrown in. The album has been keeping me engaged through its whole length thus far. This could turn out to be Soilwork's best album, period.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 pm 

Now that's some good news for sure, I'm optimistic for a good release from these guys it's been a while since they put out a whole CD I actually liked. Although unlike most people here I happen to like Figure Number Five and Stabbing the Drama a lot, it was Sworn to a Great Divide that killed them for me and Panic Broadcast didn't help much. Where did you listen to it at Goatfangs?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:06 pm 

I've heard this band on the radio a few times and didn't really expect they would have much of a following on here. I won't go so far as to disrespect the band. But, as I don't have anything really constructive to say about these guys, I will say that fans of Sevendust, Five Finger Death Punch, and Slipknot will have a great album to look foreward to with this one.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:13 pm 

If all you've ever heard is radio material you should check out their first couple of CDs they are quite excellent.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 pm 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Now that's some good news for sure, I'm optimistic for a good release from these guys it's been a while since they put out a whole CD I actually liked. Although unlike most people here I happen to like Figure Number Five and Stabbing the Drama a lot, it was Sworn to a Great Divide that killed them for me and Panic Broadcast didn't help much. Where did you listen to it at Goatfangs?

Granted The Living Infinite might not convert people who hate Soilwork for their modern melodic death metal sound, but at the same time it's pretty much the modern Soilwork sound perfected.

It sort of continues the sound of The Panic Broadcast, while at the same time it stands on its own. There is no point in this album where it seems to drag on the same idea. It's considerably varied - for example, there's what sounds very much like an old school Swedish death metal riff in Entering Aeons. On the flipside, there are some of the most melodic songs Soilwork has done. They remind me of Devin Townsend to a degree, actually. Upbeat, soaring stuff.

There are lots of good songs on here, and if you happen to like the whole album, it wouldn't really be a whole CD you'd like... it'd be two whole CDs.

I intend on listening to this album a lot more in the coming days. It's a lot of stuff to digest. I will say a couple of my favorite songs are: Spectrum of Eternity, This Momentary Bliss, The Living Infinite I, Vesta, Entering Aeons, Antidotes In Passing, The Windswept Mercy, The Living Infinite II and Owls Predict, Oracles Stand Guard.

Reply to topic