Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:08 pm 

slavonic777 wrote:
New Abigor is coming! And it is entitled "Leytmotif Luzifer". Exciting news.
https://soundcloud.com/abigor-2/abigor- ... l-previews

While I've longed for the day when these guys get back on the non-experimental black metal path, these samples, good as they sound overall, don't really have that arcane and menacing Abigor personality to them. I hope they don't pull a Deeds of Flesh and surrender all their character to become more conventional. (I do actually love the new Deeds, but always feel I'm listening to a really good, modern death metal album, not a really good Deeds of Flesh album.)

Still, it'll be an Abigor black metal album and my anticipation couldn't be greater.

edit: oh, AvanteGarde Music's handling the release; I just got Progenie Terrestre Pura's thing from them. Awesome.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:06 pm 

Hebidoku wrote:
I'm personally excited about a new Japanese BDM band that sounds similar to Gotsu Totsu Kotsu, Ayakasi Kagura.

Sounds like GTK you say? Color me immediately interested.

EDIT: "Wankyu" is in the title. Album of the Year, calling it early.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Windom Earle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:28 pm 

New Gorguts - and it delivered! Now I'm waiting on the new Tim Hecker which sounds pretty interesting from the song previews. And Grave Miasma.

RainbowPrius19
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:35 pm 

analog_winter wrote:
The debut album from Lluvia (formerly The Rain in Endless Fall) should be incredible judging by what that band did and the track that is streaming on Fallen Empire's bandcamp: http://bandcamp.fallenempirerecords.com ... -de-guerra
Yes this does sound very nice I want it to be released soon though.

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:50 pm 

Can't wait for the new Human Fortress (one of my favourite bands ever) the wait has been eternal, and when Jioti left the band, I thought that the album would never see the light of day. But it's coming, "Raided Land" is the title, and this dude Gus Monsanto is the new singer. I have only listened to him in Revolution Renaissance and come to think it, he is somewhat similar to Jioti.

It will be fucking awesome, no doubt. "Excited" is putting it mildly.

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm 

I've been listening to the new Gris album everyday for the last two weeks. Kinda sounds like DsO decided to go DSBM or something similar, a very pleasant surprise and change from the debut.

Andromeda_Unchained
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 am 

Desperta_Ferro wrote:
Can't wait for the new Human Fortress (one of my favourite bands ever) the wait has been eternal, and when Jioti left the band, I thought that the album would never see the light of day. But it's coming, "Raided Land" is the title, and this dude Gus Monsanto is the new singer. I have only listened to him in Revolution Renaissance and come to think it, he is somewhat similar to Jioti.

It will be fucking awesome, no doubt. "Excited" is putting it mildly.

I'm kind of looking forward to this one too. Gus is a quality singer, he was really good in Adagio. I'm almost certain it will be better than the last one, although that aside, I'm not too sure what to expect.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:14 pm 

Man, Gus Monsanto sucks. I hope Human Fortress can get some good use out of him though. Maybe the album will be good.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:25 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Hebidoku wrote:
I'm personally excited about a new Japanese BDM band that sounds similar to Gotsu Totsu Kotsu, Ayakasi Kagura.

Sounds like GTK you say? Color me immediately interested.

EDIT: "Wankyu" is in the title. Album of the Year, calling it early.

Just heard the two tracks they have up on YouTube, this is fucking awesome. Does anybody have any idea if this has a release date?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 pm 

Yeah it sounds super awesome, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info about them online, and it certainly doesn't help that I can't read a lick of Japanese. I'll have to consult some of the experts to get some info about the band, because I really want to hear this release when it happens.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:27 pm 

I for one am pretty pleased with Phil Anselmo's solo album. He's got this cool Exhorder/Sadus groovy thrash going on with his trademark screams. Say what you will about Pantera, but with Down and his Housecore label Phil Anselmo is doing some good for metal. I have a lot of respect for the guy too, kicking dope and still touring and making music, just not giving up!!

EDIT:

On a slightly more underground note, Cultes Des Ghoules' Henbane album was incredible this year, Passion of a Sorceress is one of the best black metal songs I've ever heard, and I rarely listen to anything but first and second wave black metal as far as black metal goes.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:20 pm 

Hebidoku wrote:

not a fan of the drum sound, but other than that, great stuff - i think i'd rather call this similar to beneath than gotsu totsu kotsu tho'

Exigence

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:03 pm 

King Diamond's camp has been pretty quiet. They gotta be releasing a statement soon regarding a new album.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:59 am 

I'm not sure if this will be out before the end of the year, but Unspeakable Axe Records is working on a reissue of Eternal Dirge's debut album Morbus Ascendit. I will have it, even if that means I'm stealing yours.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:20 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
I'm not sure if this will be out before the end of the year, but Unspeakable Axe Records is working on a reissue of Eternal Dirge's debut album Morbus Ascendit. I will have it, even if that means I'm stealing yours.

Wait, what??? :o

Do you have any link to back up that rumour or is it just hearsay?

PS: Just browsed their website, it's as TBA.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:38 am 

This thread was posted in the promotional forum back in July: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=99717

I also remember a post about it on their FB page around that same time, too. There's not much new on that front as far as I can tell other than that UA worked out the paperwork for the rights to the album within the last month or so.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 am 

So slowly things are getting in order. I sure hope so, that album is awesome(ly expensive)!

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:55 pm 

Inferno - Omniabsence Filled by His Greatness

This might be surprisingly great black metal album. Trailer is convincing: http://youtu.be/nHkdLcW1fZk

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:34 pm 

Second song released from Kataklysm's upcoming album Waiting for the End to Come, "Like Animals": http://thegauntlet.com/article/28931/Ex ... k-Premiere

I only expected both songs to be OK at best and that's being generous, but I'm actually impressed. Will have to listen to it in its entirety once the inevitable full-album stream hits, but I may be picking this one up after all.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:13 pm 

Grave Upheaval - Untitled

I LOVED their demo which was raw-yet-heavy-as-fuck material. If we get to hear an entire album in that style I'll be happy.

Tad Morose - Revenant

The sample I heard today was pretty killer. I really loved it. While I'm definitely not a huge Tad Morose fan I might really dig this anyway as they are a band that definitely can be great at times.

Constantine - Resign Due

Constantine play progressive metal that's pretty modern. Their debut had plenty of energetic moments and was quite riff-oriented to a certain degree. The new songs that I've heard weren't as great but I love to get surprised. Hopefully this album will deliver the goods.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Fates Warning's Darkness in a Different Light. The two songs I've heard so far ranged from uninspired and dull to quite cool and fresh so I'm curious how this album will sound like.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Grave Upheaval - Untitled

I LOVED their demo which was raw-yet-heavy-as-fuck material. If we get to hear an entire album in that style I'll be happy.

This should be coming in the mail soon for me, I can't wait to listen to it. Have you not heard their splits with Encoffination and Manticore? I feel this band gets better and better with each release.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:42 pm 

Not going to check all the pages of this thread to see if it's already been mentioned, but Obliteration has a new album coming out within the next few months, and I am hugely excited for it. Necropsalms turned out to be one of the best death metal albums to come out since the early 90s and has such an amazing combination of songwriting, musicianship and brilliantly toxic atmosphere. God, I can't wait....hope they don't let me down. :D
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:15 pm 

Yeah definitely cannot wait for the new grave upheaval, should be massive. their couple of tracks on the split with manticore were fucking awesome, and the full length sounds like it'll be a continuation of that; exceptionally dark and heavy

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:27 am 

Abominatrix wrote:
Not going to check all the pages of this thread to see if it's already been mentioned, but Obliteration has a new album coming out within the next few months, and I am hugely excited for it. Necropsalms turned out to be one of the best death metal albums to come out since the early 90s and has such an amazing combination of songwriting, musicianship and brilliantly toxic atmosphere. God, I can't wait....hope they don't let me down. :D

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye out for this too. Nekropsalms was quite brilliant!

Here's a track of their new album. It rips!
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/09 ... ull-crown/

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:16 am 

For fellow doomsters, this is definitely something to crave for: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101256

Refer to above mentioned thread for further discussion.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Exigence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:29 pm 

Jammed out the new Mystic Prophecy "Killhammer" at the gym today. Way better than anything that band has ever done. A few more listens should determine how much of the music really sticks, though. I wish the singer was more gritty even though he throws in some growls here and there. Good stuff for anyone who likes that really thick, german style power metal.

Also tried out the new Wizard. No bueno. Terrible lyrics really drag the whole thing down. They sound like a joke half the time.

Counting down the days til Motorhead and Hail of Bullets.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:41 pm 

Shit, had no idea Mystic Prophecy had a new one out. I'll have to see how it stacks up to Fireangel.

edit: This is pretty cool. Fun stuff.

UNCHAIN_THE_WOLVES
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:24 pm 

It's been a good year so far but the bulk of the releases I'm waiting on are yet to come...There's talks of a D666 album (as usual) and I'm more hopeful than usual that it will be this year... or mayble early next year haha...

also... The new Satanic Warmaster album, Drowning The Light's Lost Kingdoms Of A Dark age... and The Patron Saint Of Filth & Mold, Eternum's Summoning The Wolven Spirit, Nocturnal Graves' ...From The Bloodline Of Cain (With Shrapnel FUCK YEAH!)... and the two mainstream money machines I KNOW will actually come out this year Motorhead's Aftershock & Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt...

MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 pm 

The new Atlantean Kodex album has leaked for anyone who is interested. I haven't had a chance to check it out but I'm excited to hear what the new material sounds like.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:03 am 

^ It's also been posted on 20 Buck Spin's Bandcamp for streaming and purchasing here: http://listen.20buckspin.com/album/the-white-goddess. At $7.77 to download, that's a nice price!

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:03 am 

UNCHAIN_THE_WOLVES wrote:
Nocturnal Graves' ...From The Bloodline Of Cain (With Shrapnel FUCK YEAH!)

I got the album promo from Hell's Headbangers. Let me tell you, it is fucking great. Completely unrelenting.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:23 pm 

Zerberus wrote:
UNCHAIN_THE_WOLVES wrote:
Nocturnal Graves' ...From The Bloodline Of Cain (With Shrapnel FUCK YEAH!)

I got the album promo from Hell's Headbangers. Let me tell you, it is fucking great. Completely unrelenting.

That is fantastic news, their split with Hellspirit is a banger!!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
Second song released from Kataklysm's upcoming album Waiting for the End to Come, "Like Animals": http://thegauntlet.com/article/28931/Ex ... k-Premiere

I only expected both songs to be OK at best and that's being generous, but I'm actually impressed. Will have to listen to it in its entirety once the inevitable full-album stream hits, but I may be picking this one up after all.

I havent listened to the first song but this one sounds quite good. A very "groovy" song, in the good sense, ideal to headbang like an animal hehe. :D

Exigence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 pm 

New Running Wild and Argus! Gonna listen to these in the coming days. I have middling expectations but that new Mystic Prophecy is still sinking in too.

MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:31 pm 

Paganbasque wrote:
ModusOperandi wrote:

I havent listened to the first song but this one sounds quite good. A very "groovy" song, in the good sense, ideal to headbang like an animal hehe. :D

That song is better than all of the "good" moments on Heaven's Venom combined.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:20 pm 

There's a new Bonesaw album due for release soon. Filthy oldschool death metal in the Autopsy tradition from Scotland.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:35 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
There's a new Bonesaw album due for release soon. Filthy oldschool death metal in the Autopsy tradition from Scotland.

Ah that's great. I haven't heard new material from them in quite a while. I had listened to Bonesaw few years ago, when I got to know that one of the members also played with Filthpact, a crust/grind band which an acquaintance of mine had started.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:02 pm 

Looking out for this Bonesaw new filthyness :hyper:

"You make it easy."

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:49 pm 

New Pain Of Salvation dropping sometime before Christmas (I hope)
And I really wish King Crimson would hurry up and release Steven Wilson remasters/remixes of Beat and Three Of A Perfect Pair. I see that a Fripp/Singleton mix of USA is finally coming out (you can preorder it now, actually).

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:16 am 

So this is actually a January 2014 release but I guess we can still get excited about it for the remaining months of this year :wink:

Quite heavy.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next