Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:29 am 

So, anyone here remember the Australian Death-Black-Thrash band Nocturnal Graves that released Satan's Cross back in 2007 ? They are releasing a new album this year entitled '...From the Bloodline of Cain'

Track from the album -

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:28 pm 

NPR is streaming a new Vattnet Viskar song here.

I didn't get as excited about this song as about "Fog of Apathy." It's good, but didn't have that sweeping melancholic sound that hooked me on the earlier song. I think the comparison to Neurosis is apt; it's more of a slowly developing atmospheric song in that style.

~Guest 294409
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:39 pm 

I'm most excited for these:
Carcass - Surgical Steel
Pathology - Lords of Rephaim
Broken Hope - Omen of Disease
This year has been great so far. Hopefully these will live up to my expectations.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:07 pm 

kreatorfan87 wrote:
Pathology - Lords of Rephaim

\m/ Yes!

Also, Pyrexia - Feast Of Iniquity, which is due out Oct. 29th of this year.

Orbitball
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:02 pm 

Hello!

I think that the latest Amon Amarth, Sodom, COF, COB, Suffocation, and Lifeless are all decent albums to pick up. However, caveat emptor, the new COB is unoriginal. I mean the sound quality, the borrowed riffs and overall production of the album is superb, but just not their own. I still gave it a "B" for effort and I know that COB had to cancel their show because Alexi is in the hospital. I guess too much liquor. From what I've heard in the past is that he was in a coma because he swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. I think that he may have a mood disorder. I'm not passing judgment on him, I'm just stating what vibe I get with news regarding him.

Amon Amarth's latest is decent, but not their strongest. However, still great melodic death, original, and transient. Not a really hard or heavy album, I think that some of their aggression has lifted a bit, but still they hold stock in their melodies. The Sodom's new release was decent, maybe a "C" at best. Even though I know they're from Germany like Destruction, but it seemed like Angelripper's vocals sounded a way lot like Schmier. It was decent regarding the riffs as a whole, but the leads were sub-par. The new Lifeless sounds like old Dismember, but still original riffs, but the same sort of production type and guitar tuning as that band.

COF's latest was good, but the aggression again was lost. Sure a great guitar orchestration and the synthesizers didn't drown out the riffs which COF is notorious for doing. Manticore is definitely worth getting, but it's no Dusk, Midian or Cruelty and the Beast. Still good though and definitely worth YouTubing if you don't believe me. Suffocation's latest is way technical and everchanging which they're notorious for. The lyrics are quality as well. Very much filled with hatred, mankind and it's abomination of music surrounding it makes it something to definitely look into if you haven't already. Totally crazy technical death metal.

Those are my thoughts.

Ryan

Check Out My Website:

http://www.secret-face.com/

Huldrelok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:48 am 

Just got tickets for Saxon, Watain, Godflesh and Morbid Angel. On the verge of going to Boston for a week to see Hawkwind and Saint Vitus as they are not coming to Seattle on their upcoming tour. Some really killer shows coming up in the fall, a great way to end one of my most memorable live years.

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:56 am 

THE release of THE limited edition lp of Burial.

For THE first time ever on lp. Relinquished Souls. Thats something to be excited about.

EpicSceptic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:45 am 

Marmer wrote:
THE release of THE limited edition lp of Burial.

For THE first time ever on lp. Relinquished Souls. Thats something to be excited about.

Oh man, as confused as I am by your capitalization and pretty over-the-top signature, this is great news.

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:06 am 

Shitty iPhone dies that haha but be on time haha

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:55 am 

New Iron Man

Good start. Boring mid section. Sweet ending.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:43 am 

Anyone else looking forward to the new Bodyfarm album? Their debut was pretty generic stuff but for some reason I've got my fingers crossed that this sophomore will be a bit grittier. The album art's pretty cool, too:

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:51 am 

Just listened to the new Avulsed and it just feels generic and boring, so now Im waiting for Broken Hope/Deicide.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:47 am 

Hope x1000 in the new Gehenna 'Unravel'

"You make it easy."

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:32 am 

looking forward to the upcoming releases by:
-Deicide
-Bodyfarm
-Kataklysm
-Trivium
-Skeletonwitch
-Broken Hope
-Hail Of Bullets

curious for the new Pyrexia, depending on which style they will focus (old school stuff or more groove based material)

btw: are we expecting a new Septic Flesh this year, or is that planned for 2014 ?????

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:16 am 

Last edited by Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:17 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:
Just listened to the new Avulsed and it just feels generic and boring, so now Im waiting for Broken Hope/Deicide.

Ooh, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:20 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Anyone else looking forward to the new Bodyfarm album? Their debut was pretty generic stuff but for some reason I've got my fingers crossed that this sophomore will be a bit grittier. The album art's pretty cool, too:

Yeah, i am. I liked Malevolence so I have high hopes on this album.
Singles so far sound great.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:38 pm 

Machine_Dead wrote:
btw: are we expecting a new Septic Flesh this year, or is that planned for 2014 ?????

2014 I believe. They're still busy with the reissues and all.

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but Doom:VS is supposed to release a new album this year. That would definitely make my day/month/trimester! :D

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:26 pm 

Another great release (which i almost forgot) that is coming out in September: Demonical - Darkness Unbound

This should please the osdm fans here

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Machine_Dead on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:36 pm 

Shadow of the Colossus' new album rules.

Liking this thing more than the original with its spastic melodies. Deathcore done right, I say.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:45 pm 

Good to see some SotC love, definitely one of the better deathcore bands around right now.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:37 am 

I dunno if this has been posted before but the new Master coming out later this month. Here's the sample. Androdion should be jumping with glee!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:13 am 

shouvince wrote:
I dunno if this has been posted before but the new Master coming out later this month. Here's the sample. Androdion should be jumping with glee!

Who, me?! :lol:

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:14 pm 

androdion wrote:
shouvince wrote:

Who, me?! :lol:

Wasn't it you who interviewed Speckmann in quite detail earlier this year? Figured you were a fan :)

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:21 pm 

Yeah I interviewed Paul and raved about it. Curiously though the actual rabid Master fan was a friend that came along with me, the one Paul had no problem in signing all his shit. I really laughed at your previous post, hence the "who me" humorous jolt, because I immediately understood that people got under the impression I was that guy.

It was funny, and I should probably text my friend that there's a new Master album for him to buy. :lol:

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:03 pm 

Borrowed Time s/t full-length debut coming soon
http://www.hrrecords.de/high_roller/start.html

edit: ugh, click on vinyl releases and/or cd releases

oh yeah, and a song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HI-PV1bSpc

caligulasremains
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:00 pm 

+1 demonical. preordered the vinyl a week or so back. one of the few bands i don't need to try before i buy.

Exigence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:47 pm 

Now that both cover arts have been released, I reiterate how awesome the new Motorhead and Hail of Bullets are going to be. Truly the saviors of a pretty lackluster this year so far.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:09 pm 

Count me in for anticipating the new Master album as well. I really enjoyed The New Elite and while it might not shake the first two albums from the top of their resume for most of the fanbase that's hung on for the long haul, I'll go so far to say it's the most refined Master album - a well-crafted and performed honing of their style over the course of Speckmann's career. A couple of reviews I've read indicate The Witchhunt has the potential to be even better, so as someone that already has an affection for primitive death/thrash, that's all I need to be sold on it.

The new Convulse album Evil Prevails has a bit of an uphill climb working against it already and the EP released earlier this year wasn't quite the bang-up job as a sign of things to come as I'd hoped. That being said, if it's as sincere of an attempt as, say, Desultory's Counting Our Scars which deserved much more attention than it received, it should at least be a satisfying listen that won't mar their history.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:51 am 

Convulse is already recording a new album?! Damn, I just hope it isn't as boring as the EP... :roll:

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:42 pm 

The debut album from Lluvia (formerly The Rain in Endless Fall) should be incredible judging by what that band did and the track that is streaming on Fallen Empire's bandcamp: http://bandcamp.fallenempirerecords.com ... -de-guerra

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:54 am 

New Skeletonwitch coming out at the end of October. Pretty excited for this, initial reviews have been very positive and the first single hearkens back to their "Beyond the Permafrost" style - their best album IMO:

New Man Must Die is coming out around the same time, also very excited for this. These guys mix melodic/catchy guitar riffs with a tech death aesthetic better than any other band in the genre. They haven't released an album since 2009, so hopefully they've got plenty of great material lined up. This song, which they released unofficially last year and is hopefully included on the new album, is pretty damn incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tQKGqumdGo

EDIT:

Also, I know they're not on the archives, but the one-man project Cloudkicker is releasing a new album "Subsume" on Sep 14th. For those who haven't heard of it, Cloudkicker is an awesome atmospheric/progressive instrumental project. His 2010 album "Beacons" is one of my favorite instrumental albums ever. Best of all, all his stuff is available for free on his bandcamp (save for the $1 preorder for the new album):

http://cloudkickermusic.com/

Huldrelok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 am 

So far...
Progenie Terrestre Pura - U.M.A
Cultes Des Ghoules - Henbane
Gorguts - Colored Sands
Magic Circle - s/t

pretty good albums
Slidhr - Deluge
Wormed - Exodromos
Machetazo - Ruin
Tribulation - The Formulas of Death
Autopsy - Headless Ritual
Candlemass - Psalms for the Dead
Blood Ceremony - The Eldritch Dark
Orchid - The Mouths of Madness (really grows old quick)

im sure im forgetting a ton gotta take a gander at my collection and write down all the good ones from this year, theres been a few.

Guardian_disciple
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:15 am 

I am totally exited about the new Ayreon album. Hell, Arjen even managed to combine Jordan Rudess, Rick Wakeman and Keith Emerson! Progasm.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:53 pm 

Huldrelok wrote:

Orchid - The Mouths of Madness (really grows old quick)

Amen to that, I bought it after listening to it once when it came out thinking "oh fuck, those riffs! This is the shit!", but I've long since grown bored with it

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:16 pm 

I'm pretty surprised that I haven't seen Ihsahn's new album mentioned on here yet. It's pretty soon after Eremita, but I'm looking forward to it! He can do no wrong...

Exigence

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:06 pm 

Add Running Wild to Motorhead and Hail of Bullets as the shit I'm waiting for. New song clip sounded solid.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:00 pm 

Istengoat - Atlas Shrugged. I am interested in upcoming release of this chilean death metal band. 2012 EP sounded decent.
Spoiler: show

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:42 am 

New Abigor is coming! And it is entitled "Leytmotif Luzifer". Exciting news.
https://soundcloud.com/abigor-2/abigor- ... l-previews

Hebidoku
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:52 am 

I can't wait for the new Master album, like most of the people in here.

I'm personally excited about a new Japanese BDM band that sounds similar to Gotsu Totsu Kotsu, Ayakasi Kagura.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next