Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SoulsideJourney
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:38 pm 

Looking forward to the new Eyehategod album. Also, Darkthrone and Mayhem, Immolation and Autopsy.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:00 pm 

SleepingStar wrote:
Also holding out for a new Darkspace....

Now that would be stellar, but I won't get any hopes up until I hear something official.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:41 am 

New Alice in Chains, Black Sabbath, Riverside (Prog band from Poland), Stratovarius, Voivod, Motorhead, Slayer, Eyehategod, Mourning Beloveth, Godflesh, Obituary and Rotting Christ as of now.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:00 am 

FOR THE ONES PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED

Amorphis - Rarely disappoint me
Fen - Also hoping for something darker
Alcest - I hope the metal elements aren't completely dropped
Darkthrone - I enjoy the non black metal stuff a lot and am eager to hear what they do next
Dark Tranquillity - Bit disappointed with the last one but still love them
Wintersun - Like Time I a lot
Immolation - Really hoping for this
!.T.O.O.H.! - Rad A Trest was amazing but it has been a long time
Summoning - WILL BE AMAZING
Myrkgrav - Another one that has been a while in the making, very excited though
Deeds Of Flesh - Damn the teaser is great!
Wardruna - Loved the atmosphere of the first one
Stratovarius - Last few were awesome
Finntroll - Last one was a lot more interesting than the previous one, can't wait

Unmentioned ones are

Meads Of Asphodel - A concept that is a bit worrying for me, but no doubt will be interesting

Herne - The debut was excellent. For the Pagan black metal fans out there, this is from the debut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ0PsdMGFJM

Symbel - Finally coming out with new stuff. A lot of variety in his work (also 1/2 of Herne) "dirty and pagan choral vocals over a backdrop of tube guitars and untriggered drums, with black metal, doom and punk influences" Here is a song from the new album

http://www.kingpenda.com/ Just stream it in the player

Jaldaboath - Ex-member of Meads Of Asphodel project of silly Python-esque metal. Here is a fucking great video by them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRod86Ee9A
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 am 

New Vektor would be very nice. I've fallen out of the thrash metal loop lately, and a new album from them would be great.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:54 am 

I had almost entirely forgotten about Zetro's new band Hatriot until hearing a snippet of one of their songs a couple of days ago. Their debut Heroes of Origin will be released January 25th and after hearing these little previews in the link posted, this could actually be much better than I initially expected.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AFT ... 24&sr=1-10

Souza sounds like himself, of course, and there's certainly Exodus-isms in the riffs but I'm thinking that's generally the purpose of the band anyway. Much more thrash going on here than, say, Testament's or Kreator's latest by comparison albeit being a big fan of the latter.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

MalariaMosquito
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:39 am 

triggerhappy wrote:
New Vektor would be very nice. I've fallen out of the thrash metal loop lately, and a new album from them would be great.

Looking forward to Nylithia's first full-length, Hyperthrash. Very promising thrash band from Vancouver.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:48 am 

MalariaMosquito wrote:
triggerhappy wrote:

Looking forward to Nylithia's first full-length, Hyperthrash. Very promising thrash band from Vancouver.

B.C. or Washington state?

InfernoxDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:25 am 

Defeated Sanity - Passages Into Deformity
Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam
Hate - Solarflesh
Belphegor - "untitled yet"
Euphoric Defilement - Ascending to the Worms
Kongh - Sole Creation
Guttural Secrete - Nourishing the Spoil
Vreid - Welcome Farewell

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:21 am 

I forgot Finland's Constantine in my previous posts. Their second full-length will land next year if all goes to plan, and some of the new songs they've played live sound stellar.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:15 pm 

Someone claiming to be Maniac Neil says in the comments to this youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWz7QqoA68Y) that Frightmare is NOT done yet and that he will focus on a new Frightmare album after the next Blood Freak album. Hopefully that means a new Blood Freak album in 2013, and maybe Frightmare in 2014!

Quote:
Frightmare is NOT done. There's a new album in the works. Hiatus does not mean done. I've been busy with Blood Freak the last few years. after the next BF album i'm gonna focus on the third Frightmare album. the haters can eat my uncut ero style cock.

theoctavarius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 pm 

FirebathDan wrote:
Alcest has a new record due in 2013, which is being recorded in Iceland at Sigur Ros' studio and is said to be abandoning metal elements altogether. The latter is fine with me as, I've always thought that most of the BM elements were the weakest elements in their overall sound. But the former has me excited at the thought of a whole new dimension to their sound as well as the thought of any potential Alcest/Sigur Ros collaboration (although nothing is confirmed at this time).

If Jonsi makes a guest appearance on vocals, I will squee like a little girl.

Other than that, I'm eager to see what Portal, Mithras, ColdWorld and Stratovarius have to offer. My Bloody Valentine, too... but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
Was du geschlagen
zu Gott wird es dich tragen!

-Gustav Mahler

MalariaMosquito
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:31 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
MalariaMosquito wrote:

B.C. or Washington state?

BC. I didn't even realize there was a Vancouver, Washington.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am 

Sacriphyx.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 pm 

Zerberus wrote:
Someone claiming to be Maniac Neil says in the comments to this youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWz7QqoA68Y) that Frightmare is NOT done yet and that he will focus on a new Frightmare album after the next Blood Freak album. Hopefully that means a new Blood Freak album in 2013, and maybe Frightmare in 2014!

Quote:
Frightmare is NOT done. There's a new album in the works. Hiatus does not mean done. I've been busy with Blood Freak the last few years. after the next BF album i'm gonna focus on the third Frightmare album. the haters can eat my uncut ero style cock.

Woah... I'm gonna have to check some sources and see if there's any truth to that because a new Frightmare would be incredible. Hopefully it'll be better than the last Blood Freak album...
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

cooperbob
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:13 pm 

Anyone know if The Ruins of Beverast have anything in the works? I'd be excited as hell for a follow-up to "Foulest Semen"...

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:45 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Woah... I'm gonna have to check some sources and see if there's any truth to that because a new Frightmare would be incredible. Hopefully it'll be better than the last Blood Freak album...

Yeah, I like some of Blood Freak's older material but ultimately it just feels like a watered down Frightmare. Both Frightmare albums are insanely well-written and well-executed

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:51 pm 

Zerberus wrote:

Yeah, I like some of Blood Freak's older material but ultimately it just feels like a watered down Frightmare. Both Frightmare albums are insanely well-written and well-executed

Cosigned on both Frightmare albums being top notch. I like all Blood Freak's stuff up to Mind Scrapper, which I only really cared for a couple tracks on (Scared Stiff and Pink on the Inside), but I thought their first 2 albums were the best where there was no comparison to Frightmare at all, just solid overly simple grind/goregrind.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 pm 

Not sure if this is old news or not but its news to me. I just read in Decibel magazine that Exhumed are currently in the studio. During the interview they said that Was Caley left the band leaving the majority of the song writing responsibilities to Matt Harvey who wrote the better part of Slaughtercult and Anatomy Is Destiney. They did not release any information regarding the album title or the titles of any songs but the new album is being produced by Ryan Butler who has worked with Misery Index and Landmine Marathon.

Eh_Timeghoul
Be gentle, I was... Born This Way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:03 pm 

Timeghoul vinyl comp, with extra tracks and goodies. looking out for some of the things mentioned here, but i honestly couldn't give less of a fuck about them when it comes down to it-as long as i get my hands on some Timeghoul, nothing else matters, i'll be good when the bombs drop

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:52 pm 

TheIbexMoon666 wrote:
Not sure if this is old news or not but its news to me. I just read in Decibel magazine that Exhumed are currently in the studio. During the interview they said that Was Caley left the band leaving the majority of the song writing responsibilities to Matt Harvey who wrote the better part of Slaughtercult and Anatomy Is Destiney. They did not release any information regarding the album title or the titles of any songs but the new album is being produced by Ryan Butler who has worked with Misery Index and Landmine Marathon.

Last I recall is that they wrapped up recording sometime over the course of last month. 15 tracks to include an intro and an outro. That's true that Wes left so Matt wound up writing and tracking the album himself but Bud Burke, whom previously played bass, is back as the second guitarist and contributed solos of his own. I'm of the minority that Anatomy... is really good and that Slaughtercult is generally my starting point for the band, so naturally I expect them to continue to progress along the path that All Guts... indicated.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:12 pm 

Lago, Dethlehem, and Sorrowseed are all putting out albums next year. I'm good friends with the former two and Sorrowseed I actually played on the upcoming record when I was their drummer.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:
Last I recall is that they wrapped up recording sometime over the course of last month. 15 tracks to include an intro and an outro. That's true that Wes left so Matt wound up writing and tracking the album himself but Bud Burke, whom previously played bass, is back as the second guitarist and contributed solos of his own. I'm of the minority that Anatomy... is really good and that Slaughtercult is generally my starting point for the band, so naturally I expect them to continue to progress along the path that All Guts... indicated.

Thanks for the update. Yeah I did read about the bass player switching to Guitar. I like everything Exhumed so far. I am very much looking forward to the new album. All Guts No Glory was good but a bit under welming. By no means was it a bad album. Maybe the cleaner production took away some of the raw energy. Hopefully they have really stepped it up this time around.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:02 am 

Cosigned on both Frightmare albums being top notch. I like all Blood Freak's stuff up to Mind Scrapper, which I only really cared for a couple tracks on (Scared Stiff and Pink on the Inside), but I thought their first 2 albums were the best where there was no comparison to Frightmare at all, just solid overly simple grind/goregrind.[/quote]

Anywho, if you found anything out please share the knowledge. I'm very interested in knowing whether or not it's bogus

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:28 pm 

Looking forward to the sophomore album Relentless by NY's Disfigured Dead. Their debut, Visions of Death, was a safe but solid homage to first-wave U.S. and Swedish death metal that checks all the right boxes and was an appropriate release for the time among similar acts on Hells Headbangers Records. Those interested can stream and purchase the album digitally here:

http://hellsheadbangers.bandcamp.com/al ... s-of-death

The new album, to be released through Sevared Records next year, looks to up the ante with more riffs and slightly more complicated ones at that per song. Nothing that approaches current tech bands of today as that's not the intent, but more reminiscient of what a number of Floridian and Dutch bands were doing in the mid-'90s. The vocals, however, are FAR more brutal than before to match the intensity. A few of the songs can be streamed through their Reverbnation page here:

http://reverbnation.com/disfigureddeaddeathmetal

Erdrickgr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:41 pm 

On my to-buy list:
Nightfall - Cassiopeia (1.18.13)
Cult of Luna - Vertikal (1.29.13)
Mourning Beloveth - Formless (2.15.13)
Twilight Of The Gods - Fire On The Mountain (3.?.13)
October Falls - The Plague Of A Coming Age (3.15.13)
Luna Ad Noctum - Hypnotic Inferno (3.21.13)
Cathedral - The Last Spire (4.?.13)
Opeth - ? (something to do with them "is coming" in the spring, don't know what)
Edge of Serenity - The Royal Hunt (Spring?)
Mouth of the Architect - ? (Spring?)

Others I'm hoping for in 2013:
Acrassicauda
Extol
Mournful Gust
Lazarus A.D.
Mastodon
Dark Fortress
To Cast a Shadow
Megadeth

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 am 

Dragunov wrote:
Sacriphyx.

This is what 2013 is about.

Also (hopefully) Sortilegia.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:13 am 

With Rotting Christ, Defeated Sanity, and Sodom already confirming albums in 2013, plus the ones I've forgotten, it's already shaping up to be a stellar year.

EDIT: Portal, Mithras, Gorguts...yeah, it's going to be an awesome year. :hyper:

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Axalcathu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:54 pm 

Waiting for a new AETERNUS and new ARMAGEDDON.

~Guest 300273
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:13 pm 

the new Voivod album, Jan 18, right off the bat 2013 might be an ok year

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:54 pm 

Some juicy Manilla Road coming for 2013. Mysterium, the reissues of Spiral Castle, Atlantis Rising and Metal.
I hope we see another Hellwell album near the end of 2013.

I'd like to see a new Pain Of Salvation album, but I know that Clean (live album) will be coming out, so that's cool.

Oh, and I hear Subterranean Masquerade are finally making that sequel to Suspended Animation Dreams. Awesome.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:34 pm 

Lord_Brendan wrote:
Summoning - WILL BE AMAZING

I hope so!

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 am 

I'm really looking forward to Portal and Immolation releasing new material, but, I gotta say, for me, 2013 is all about Wormed. :hyper: Their first album is one of my all-time favourites, and I can't believe just how long it's been; that EP didn't satisfy me in the least. I really hope this new one will continue the shattering, awe-inspiring heaviness, for lack of a better word, that still blows me away every time I hear Planisphaerium. :headbang:

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 am 

Calusari wrote:
Portal and Immolation

Yeah! :D

Calusari wrote:
Wormed.

Planisphaerium did nothing for me, but I have to admit that I am interested to hear how they've progressed.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:26 am 

The Portal track that was released a couple of weeks ago - Curtain - sounds really promising; can barely contain my excitement there.

Wormed can be an acquired taste, especially if you're not too fond of that style of death metal. I have to admit that I really quite like brutal death; the only thing that holds me back from getting into that sub-genre more is the lyrical imagery (as death metal fan and horror movie afficionado, I have a high gore tolerance, but even I can't stomach some of that stuff), so any band that - like Wormed (or Detrimentum, who I hope will record new stuff soon) - achieves the sound without the gore appeals to me immensely.

lifelessworlds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:32 am 

Ho-ly Fuck. Just listened to Sulphur Aeon's debut album 'Swallowed by the Ocean's Tide'. Incredibly haunting and evil sounding death metal. Definitely worth the time to listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6cFDfQJi8I

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 am 

Calusari wrote:
The Portal track that was released a couple of weeks ago - Curtain - sounds really promising; can barely contain my excitement there.

I listened to that some time ago, and yeah, it's going to rule.

Calusari wrote:
Wormed can be an acquired taste, especially if you're not too fond of that style of death metal. I have to admit that I really quite like brutal death; the only thing that holds me back from getting into that sub-genre more is the lyrical imagery (as death metal fan and horror movie afficionado, I have a high gore tolerance, but even I can't stomach some of that stuff), so any band that - like Wormed (or Detrimentum, who I hope will record new stuff soon) - achieves the sound without the gore appeals to me immensely.

I can understand if the lyrical themes are too much, and more and more brutal death bands are growling about more existential stuff these days. I hope Wormed can capture my interest this time around.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:03 am 

lifelessworlds wrote:
Ho-ly Fuck. Just listened to Sulphur Aeon's debut album 'Swallowed by the Ocean's Tide'. Incredibly haunting and evil sounding death metal. Definitely worth the time to listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6cFDfQJi8I

I pre-ordered this after reading autothrall's review, an it doesn't look like I'll be disappointed.

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:24 am 

Just heard Cannabis Corpse is in the studio. Hopefully it'll be as good as the last one...

~Guest 300273
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 am 

lifelessworlds wrote:

Wow, I actually liked that a lot. Gonna try to get the album when it comes out

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next